PDA

View Full Version : Tech/UT

95mustang
09-13-2009, 12:40 AM
Today the Tech offense looked really good in the second half. Taylor Potts threw 7 TD's and the defense had 6 sacks in a lopsided victory over Rice. Texas struggled early against Wyoming. I know this is being played in Austin, but I'm starting to smell an upset.

trojan37
09-13-2009, 12:44 AM
Nah, you're just smelling your dinner. No way Tech wins this year.

cshscougar08
09-13-2009, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by trojan37

Agree. I thought ABC did GOOD games for the Saturday night primetime slot. This one will be a laugher for UT.

Daddy B 12
09-13-2009, 01:35 AM
UT wins this one big.

No Crabtree, no Harrel...no chance.

Z-RO
09-13-2009, 03:05 AM
U-G-L-Y Tech wont have no alibi....

Horns by 25+

The Horns have ran everything basic up until this point, should be fun :D

spaniard
09-13-2009, 08:04 AM
it's a little hard to point to the tech qb throwing for so much yardage and so many td's given the system they run. plus, i don't think that pointing out those stats against rice is much of an accomplishment either. if look back at all the past qb's for tech and you'll see similar success in the system, just not when it counts. they had a great team last year, but lost some key players to the draft and graduation. as much as i hate to say it, i think texas will win this game big this year.

sinton66
09-13-2009, 08:20 AM
I think Texas will win, but I doubt it'll be by a large margin. Texas D will keep them in the game, but they won't shut Tech down completely.

CueroDad08
09-13-2009, 09:46 AM
TT is not the same team on the road in a place like UT. It will start out close, and the UT D will take over after ajustments. and TT will not make UT punt all night

skins4life
09-13-2009, 10:23 AM
I can't remember the score but TT lost last year after a big game. I think it was 60 sommething to 20 something in Norman.

Eagle 1
09-13-2009, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by trojan37

Sounds familiar.
If the "UT alumni ref" had not helped UT two years ago in Austin, Tech would have had a chance at winning that game.
59-43.

ILS1
09-13-2009, 01:02 PM
What about the TT refs in Lubbock? Late hits,chop blocks and HOLDING not called by Red,Bubba,Cletus and Enos!!

:D :D :D

eagleqb_14
09-13-2009, 01:04 PM
colt mccoy will throw about 5 tds with 400 passing yards:D :D :D :D

big daddy russ
09-13-2009, 01:30 PM
The two difference makers Tech has had during the Leach era were Michael Crabtree and...

BJ Symons (bet you thought I was gonna say Harrell :) ).

Taylor Potts can fill in for Graham Harrell just fine, but it's tough to find that swagger that Crabtree brought to the team. The same swagger that Symons had some five years ago (or around there) was what Crabtree brought to the team and is something that someone on this Raider squad is going to have to bring in order to win in Austin.

Not saying that it can't be done, just saying Tech has some work to do.

STANG RED
09-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by eagleqb_14
colt mccoy will throw about 5 tds with 400 passing yards:D :D :D :D

Your probably right. But Potts probably will also. This will be high scoring affair on both sides. I think Texas will win, but it wont be a laugher at all. If Texas doesnt put Tech away by getting a two or three touchdown cushion going into the 4th, it could easily come back to bite them in the butt once again. Overconfindence will almost certainly get Texas beat. The Horns better be ready to play 60 minutes of hardnose football.

BobcatBenny
09-13-2009, 06:29 PM
I drove out to Lubbock yesterday for the game.

Tech's offense is good enough to beat UT. A couple of recievers will be carrying around footballs all weeK after having passes hit them square in the chest for potential long back breaking touch downs. Tech's offense will score and probably often.

Taylor Potts has a wicked arm. He had a couple of passes off the mark, but he should be considered a sniper.

Now Tech's defense looks decent, but that could have been a function of playing against a Rice offense. So we will have to find out if they can get a stop against the Longhorn O.

Tech has a little something in the running back department.

Tech's biggest issue is their kicking game. The place kicker is terrible, or was last night, and if I were Leach, I would not let him attempt a field goal or extra point against the Longhorns.

If Tech doesn't turn the ball over with fumbles or interceptions, then this game probably will not be a run away.

Of course if the team that went to Norman last season shows up in Austin ... then this is a laugher ... but I am betting with the Raider offense clicking and catching the Raider defense still early season fresh, this game does have potential to be decent.

JMO and observations.

Old Tiger
09-13-2009, 06:33 PM
Texas '09 secondary is light years ahead of the '08 secondary. I foresee a couple of interceptions this week!

BreckTxLonghorn
09-13-2009, 06:48 PM
If any Texas fan think this is going to be a cakewalk, pull your head outta your arse. This is Tech's BCS National Championship every year. As long as they win us and aTm, they're happy.

If any Tech fan think Texas has forgotten last year, and hasn't been counting down to this game (because we don't have to worry about OU first - they'll come afterwards), pull your head outta your arse. The goal of the team is to make this a statement game early on; whether or not they can will be determined saturday night.

Simply put, this is going to be a slobberknocker. Glad I bought my tix a month ago.

Eagle 1
09-13-2009, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn

If any Tech fan think Texas has forgotten last year, and hasn't been counting down to this game (because we don't have to worry about OU first - they'll come afterwards), pull your head outta your arse. The goal of the team is to make this a statement game early on; whether or not they can will be determined saturday night.

I thought UT fans had forgot this game long ago.
Remember, the reason UT wasn't in the National Championship game wasn't because they lost to Tech, it was because Tech got hammered by OU.:confused:

zebrablue2
09-13-2009, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
Remember, the reason UT wasn't in the National Championship game wasn't because they lost to Tech, it was because Tech got hammered by OU.:confused:

rofl and :2thumbsup:

BreckTxLonghorn
09-13-2009, 08:53 PM

You're exactly right. The team hasn't forgotten that, either.

CueroDad08
09-13-2009, 09:09 PM
UT will score on most every time they get the ball. I also look for TT to score as well. But the UT "D" will get at least two stops each half and this will be won 55-35 with the home team going 3-0

coach
09-13-2009, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Daddy B 12
UT wins this one big.

No Crabtree, no Harrel...no chance.

no crabtree, no harrel= NFL

ShortDog68
09-13-2009, 10:23 PM
I am hopeful that TECH will down the Horns, Bevo will make lots of burgers for the skinny central texas kids whose parents spend more money of camo gear than their dentist, the rain will come back, Mike Leach will figure out where the holes are in the UT Defense all four quarters, Mack Brown will have to post bail for one his academically challenged but physically gifted athletes in response to losing to TECH again, and lastly Raider Red will not need a little blue pill to have his guns up the whole game.

KTJ
09-13-2009, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
Today the Tech offense looked really good in the second half. Taylor Potts threw 7 TD's and the defense had 6 sacks in a lopsided victory over Rice. Texas struggled early against Wyoming. I know this is being played in Austin, but I'm starting to smell an upset.

While I agree that the Texas offense wasn't clicking the first half of Wyoming (I was there in person) I can still say that playing Wyoming at Wyoming is not comparable to playing Tech at Tech when you are Rice and having a "down" year.

With that said, good luck to Tech.

slpybear the bullfan
09-13-2009, 10:36 PM
Horns Roll. Period.

WildTexan972
09-13-2009, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
What about the TT refs in Lubbock? Late hits,chop blocks and HOLDING not called by Red,Bubba,Cletus and Enos!!

:D :D :D

the only missed calls last year in Lubbock were phantom calls by the refs on Crabtree and TWO blocks in the back on the Colt boyfriend's punt return that got picked up after brown tooth whined about the flags....and Tech still had steer for bar-b-que before the night was over....

baby poop color does not look good on shirts....but just look at all those steer fans wearing those crap colored clothes....and in public no less....

Daddy D 11
09-14-2009, 12:14 AM
Are we really talking about this?

coach
09-14-2009, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
the only missed calls last year in Lubbock were phantom calls by the refs on Crabtree and TWO blocks in the back on the Colt boyfriend's punt return that got picked up after brown tooth whined about the flags....and Tech still had steer for bar-b-que before the night was over....

baby poop color does not look good on shirts....but just look at all those steer fans wearing those crap colored clothes....and in public no less....

this post gets my vote for most idiotic and obnoxious vote of the year and i hate the longhorns

Rocket
09-14-2009, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
I drove out to Lubbock yesterday for the game.

Tech's offense is good enough to beat UT. A couple of recievers will be carrying around footballs all weeK after having passes hit them square in the chest for potential long back breaking touch downs. Tech's offense will score and probably often.

Taylor Potts has a wicked arm. He had a couple of passes off the mark, but he should be considered a sniper.

Now Tech's defense looks decent, but that could have been a function of playing against a Rice offense. So we will have to find out if they can get a stop against the Longhorn O.

Tech has a little something in the running back department.

Tech's biggest issue is their kicking game. The place kicker is terrible, or was last night, and if I were Leach, I would not let him attempt a field goal or extra point against the Longhorns.

If Tech doesn't turn the ball over with fumbles or interceptions, then this game probably will not be a run away.

Of course if the team that went to Norman last season shows up in Austin ... then this is a laugher ... but I am betting with the Raider offense clicking and catching the Raider defense still early season fresh, this game does have potential to be decent.

JMO and observations.

You have seen UT play?

Another question: Did Crabtree play the entire game last year vs. UT? LOL

jockcity33
09-14-2009, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
You have seen UT play?

Another question: Did Crabtree play the entire game last year vs. UT? LOL

I believe Crabtree did play the entire game last year, well I know he played the last play Tech had on offense anyway.

WildTexan972
09-14-2009, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by coach
this post gets my vote for most idiotic and obnoxious vote of the year and i hate the longhorns

prove it wrong and then see who is idiotic.....try proving even half of it wrong....you can't....hence the response was totally foolish and nothing but an OPINION disputing fact....the tapes CLEARLY show those statements to be FACT....I can prove my allegations, unlike your weak response....

allegations....a big word most coaches won't know....but you can look it up....it is a common word

BreckTxLonghorn
09-14-2009, 10:33 AM
I can prove half of it wrong!!!

the only missed calls last year in Lubbock were phantom calls by the refs on Crabtree and TWO blocks in the back on the Colt boyfriend's punt return that got picked up after brown tooth whined about the flags

http://comcastsportsnet.tv/images/13077.jpg

Nice Sleeper hold. Is Chief TJ Strongbow the OLine coach?

Refs missed calls on both sides. It shouldn't be used as an argument for one team's win or loss. Easier to admit the truth from out here than to spin tales from your point of view, with the cranium fully lodged up into the rectum.

JHS_c/o_06'
09-14-2009, 11:52 AM

at least here you can't smell cow crap from anywhere in the city when a storm blows through. lol. Lubbock is a dreadful place.

Eagle 1
09-14-2009, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
at least here you can't smell cow crap from anywhere in the city when a storm blows through. lol. Lubbock is a dreadful place.

You may not smell it in Austin, but you are probably knee deep in it.;)

UT fans seem quiter than normal this year.:thinking:

Charlie47
09-14-2009, 02:22 PM
There is NO WAY Texas will be over confident. They do win this one BIG!:clap: :clap: :D :D

RMAC
09-14-2009, 02:28 PM

Refs missed calls on both sides. It shouldn't be used as an argument for one team's win or loss. Easier to admit the truth from out here than to spin tales from your point of view, with the cranium fully lodged up into the rectum.

Nice post.:clap: Refs missed calls both ways that night. Whomever had the ball last was going to win that game. Now, that having been said, you know who I want to win, but I'll say UT wins in the 14-16 range. If we can keep it that close I'll be happy.

lakers
09-14-2009, 02:30 PM
I am a homer, of course Tech is going to WIN!!!

Wreck'em Tech!!!

RedraideR11
09-14-2009, 03:32 PM
tech wins!!! 35-28

Ex-Tiger2005
09-14-2009, 03:43 PM
Keep dreaming tech boys! This is a special year for the Horns and I will be truly surprised if yall stand in our way again!

lakers
09-14-2009, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
Keep dreaming tech boys! This is a special year for the Horns and I will be truly surprised if yall stand in our way again!

Back off Fool!!!:hand:

DDBooger
09-14-2009, 03:56 PM
LMAO
http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/3673/taylorpottsfacts.jpg

shamu85
09-14-2009, 03:56 PM

This looks like it has been Photoshopped! It does actually look like he's asleep.

lakers
09-14-2009, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
LMAO
http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/3673/taylorpottsfacts.jpg

Haha, that is awesome.:clap:

raider red 2000
09-14-2009, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005

why is this a special year for ut?

eagleqb_14
09-14-2009, 05:52 PM
prove it wrong and then see who is idiotic.....try proving even half of it wrong....you can't....hence the response was totally foolish and nothing but an OPINION disputing fact....the tapes CLEARLY show those statements to be FACT....I can prove my allegations, unlike your weak response....

allegations....a big word most coaches won't know....but you can look it up....it is a common word whoa bro get off my brother... lol jk

coach
09-14-2009, 06:08 PM

allegations....a big word most coaches won't know....but you can look it up....it is a common word

im not talking about your facts about missed calls...im talking about the baby poop color bs you are talking about

TheDOCTORdre
09-14-2009, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000

this year has National Championship written all over it

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=97314&highlight=trojans

Z-RO
09-14-2009, 06:16 PM
Holding? What holding?

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz30/zrozrozro/PB020094.jpg

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz30/zrozrozro/moretardholding.jpg

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz30/zrozrozro/bscap0013.jpg

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz30/zrozrozro/bscap0011.jpg

I cant find the video (still searching) but there is one of Sergio Kindle fixing to hit Graham and has his head just about riped off by one of the Tech offensive linemen slinging him by his facemask.

Daddy D 11
09-14-2009, 07:28 PM
Nice Z-Ro!

Ranger Mom
09-14-2009, 07:45 PM
My home will be a house divided! Husband "walked on" at Tech many moons ago and son-in-law is a HUGE Texas fan.

I look almost as forward to the antics between those two as I do the actual game.

I think last years game will be hard to top though!!!

Daddy D 11
09-14-2009, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
My home will be a house divided! Husband "walked on" at Tech many moons ago and son-in-law is a HUGE Texas fan.

I look almost as forward to the antics between those two as I do the actual game.

I think last years game will be hard to top though!!!

It'll be easy to top if Tech loses:D

Ranger Mom
09-14-2009, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
It'll be easy to top if Tech loses:D

I guess I should have clarified. It will be hard to top the excitement that game generated last year between my son and son in law!!!

Z-RO
09-14-2009, 09:03 PM
FOUND IT!

go to http://rpongett.phpwebhosting.com/uttech2008.html

then go down about 3/4ths of the page to where it says "PRESSURING THE PASSER AND HOLDS"

Watch the video it is like the 4th or 5th clip it shows. How that does not get called is beyond me.

Bullaholic
09-14-2009, 10:27 PM
Can the Raiders do it again this season? Maybe Crabtree will come back and play for Tech---I think he's available. :D

95mustang
09-14-2009, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Can the Raiders do it again this season? Maybe Crabtree will come back and play for Tech---I think he's available. :D

They don't need him. Now they can spread the ball to everyone. It seemed to work for the boys this weekend.

ForeverALobo
09-14-2009, 11:59 PM
This one could could go 2 ways in my opinion and I believe it mainly relies on the Tech QB Potts. Texas is going to get their points no matter how good the Tech defense plays just because of the simple fact that Colt will not have a repeat performance of last year's first half. If Potts does not get rattled as well as does not make too many mental errors this could be closer than most predict. If Potts goes the other way this could be simply a better team taking out a year of revenge and anger on a lesser and rebuilding team. I'm all for the Red Raiders but I believe they walk away from Darrel K. Royal with a loss. My prediction is 38-14 Texas. Good Luck Red Raiders Get Your Guns Up!

Ex-Tiger2005
09-15-2009, 01:17 PM

Its just special! Its our year i can feel it again!!! Something you have never felt!!!

Ex-Tiger2005
09-15-2009, 01:19 PM

How bout that illegal hands to the face? Top right of photo!

Daddy D 11
09-15-2009, 01:43 PM
I'll be at this game:D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-15-2009, 01:46 PM
Are people actually arguing over missed holding calls? I'm sure if you went back you can find a lot of calls that were missed against Texas as well.

BobcatBenny
09-15-2009, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Are people actually arguing over missed holding calls? I'm sure if you went back you can find a lot of calls that were missed against Texas as well.
Dang it! ... Did we just become best friends?

http://www.cinematical.com/media/2008/01/step_brothers_2.jpg

Ex-Tiger2005
09-15-2009, 02:31 PM

Exactly so tell the Tech ppl to quit crying about all the calls that were missed in favor of UT!

Z-RO
09-15-2009, 02:47 PM

Yes because it was obvious to everybody but Texas haters. Texas played like crap in the 1st half, but those non calls sure in the heck did not help.

SHSBulldog00
09-15-2009, 03:09 PM
With Jackson Jeffcoat making his official visit to Austin this weekend I hope the Horns win to help keep him from changing his mind.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-15-2009, 03:15 PM
There are missed calls every game. People act like it's some sort of a conspiracy against their team when they lose.

BreckTxLonghorn
09-15-2009, 03:16 PM
There are missed calls every game. People act like it's some sort of a conspiracy against their team when they lose.

Agreed - I said this earlier, but I'll paraphrase it again: Refs miss calls on both sides. Except in rare cases, if you have to rely on a call to determine whether you win or lose, you didn't do enough to win in the first place.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-15-2009, 03:17 PM
Agreed - I said this earlier, but I'll paraphrase it again: Refs miss calls on both sides. Except in rare cases, if you have to rely on a call to determine whether you win or lose, you didn't do enough to win in the first place.

Sorry for repeating you. It's just that I don't really care enough to read through everything everybody posts.

BreckTxLonghorn
09-15-2009, 03:19 PM
Sorry for repeating you. It's just that I don't really care enough to read through everything everybody posts.

Nothing to apologize for; just reiterating my point to show agreement.

pirate4state
09-15-2009, 03:24 PM
Dang it! ... Did we just become best friends?

http://www.cinematical.com/media/2008/01/step_brothers_2.jpg

Benny made me laugh! :clap: HAHAHA

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-15-2009, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Benny made me laugh! :clap: HAHAHA

Why are you all sweaty?

rockdale80
09-15-2009, 04:41 PM
Why are you all sweaty?

watching cops

Phil C
09-15-2009, 04:41 PM
This game is going to be very close. I want UT to win but I know that TT will be tough and remember they have always had capable QBs and receivers. Scary times indeed.

PHS Wildcats
09-15-2009, 05:04 PM
I'll be at this game:D

I will also. My fiance ran Track @ Tech

Section 6 row 43 seats 17 & 18

Daddy D 11
09-15-2009, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
I will also. My fiance ran Track @ Tech

Section 6 row 43 seats 17 & 18

Nicely done.

Old Tiger
09-15-2009, 05:13 PM
Isn't the runningback Batch out with injury? I read where Detron Lewis is questionable and may not play...can anyone confirm or deny that?

zebrablue2
09-15-2009, 06:01 PM
longhorns by 21! payback time my techsters........

IHStangFan
09-15-2009, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I think Texas will win, but I doubt it'll be by a large margin. Texas D will keep them in the game, but they won't shut Tech down completely. I totally agree. This will be a track meet I suspect w/ UT's D playing a huge part in them coming up w/ the eventual win.

But as far as those who say "never gonna happen".......never is a long time.

I've seen stranger things and worse upsets in my time of watching college football.

Rocket
09-15-2009, 08:01 PM
Strength upfront and Speed outback crushes the Spread.

UT will manhandle Tech.

raider red 2000
09-15-2009, 08:04 PM
i got tickets....but cant go.

my wife has to coach at a volleyball tourney....and i have to babysit....so two tickets going to waste :(

but last year i watched from home and my red raiders pulled it out....so maybe they can do it again without me there :)

ivchris
09-15-2009, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Z-RO
U-G-L-Y Tech wont have no alibi....

Horns by 25+

The Horns have ran everything basic up until this point, should be fun :D

Lots of this......then Tech loses again to Houston.

Emerson1
09-15-2009, 09:04 PM
Offense can't just sputter around in the first half like against Wyoming. That's what happened last year and it cost them.

RMAC
09-15-2009, 11:10 PM
All I'll say is Michigan wasn't "supposed" to lose to Apallachian (sp) State at the Big House. . . but what happened then?

Daddy D 11
09-16-2009, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
All I'll say is Michigan wasn't "supposed" to lose to Apallachian (sp) State at the Big House. . . but what happened then?

If you're saying that Tech beating Texas is as monumental as that, than you really have no confidence or pride in Tech football. That's sad.

BreckTxLonghorn
09-16-2009, 08:50 AM
If you're saying that Tech beating Texas is as monumental as that, than you really have no confidence or pride in Tech football. That's sad.

That's not his point at all - the point is there's a reason why they play the games. Michigan/Appalachian St is just a glaring example.

I agree with this point. I've seen way too many 'WHAT' moments versus Tech over the years to think anything else.

Eagle 1
09-16-2009, 09:00 AM
I agree, Potts will be the difference maker in this game.
If he has a bad day, look for UT to dominate.
If he has a good day, then this one could come down to the wire again.

You can call holding in every game. Its when trown flags get picked up and waved off is when I get :mad:.
It seems to happen more often when UT is playing.:thinking:

I noticed TXbroadcaster hasn't gave us his view of the game, or maybe I missed it. Waiting until AFTER the game?:confused:

RMAC
09-16-2009, 09:30 AM

Not at all. What I am saying is half the UT fans on here crowning them National Champions is a bit over the top isn't it?

jockcity33
09-16-2009, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
Strength upfront and Speed outback crushes the Spread.

UT will manhandle Tech.

That may be the exact thing you said last year with Orakpo.

Txbroadcaster
09-16-2009, 10:02 AM

I noticed TXbroadcaster hasn't gave us his view of the game, or maybe I missed it. Waiting until AFTER the game?:confused:

sorry swamped with job and not on here near as much

My take is about the same as most. If Potts has time and hits his WRs and Rbs then TTech has a heck of a chance. I do think it will be a shoot out, but it could be either a 42-35 close game or a 56-28 rout all depending on Potts. I dont think TTech will keep Texas under 38.

TheDOCTORdre
09-16-2009, 10:11 AM
i got tickets....but cant go.

my wife has to coach at a volleyball tourney....and i have to babysit....so two tickets going to waste :(

but last year i watched from home and my red raiders pulled it out....so maybe they can do it again without me there :)

so um what did you do with the tickets lol

buff4life
09-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Forget Tech, We want Tebow :D :D :D

possible gameday sign along with
"Herbie could have put up big numbers at Tech"

still stewin over a few others...

"Potts Gonna be Smoked All Night" :D

jockcity33
09-16-2009, 02:10 PM
"Potts Gonna be Smoked All Night" :D [/B][/QUOTE]

I bet that one really gets talked about by some of TU's ex players.

TheDOCTORdre
09-16-2009, 02:23 PM
i heard it put best earlier today on ESPN, there is no doubt that when UT or OU go to Lubbock Tech is always going to make the game competetive, but go and look at the games when Tech travels to Austin or Norman and you pretty much have blow outs. I see this game playing out the same way Tech is competetive through the 1st quarter and a half but going into the half the 'Horns will be rolling their way to another victory...Hook'em

Eagle 1
09-16-2009, 03:26 PM
Actually the last game in Austin was closer than the score indicated. It went back and forth for a while, and what about the year UT had to bring in the back up qb to put together a game winning drive?

skins4life
09-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by buff4life

"Potts Gonna be Smoked All Night" :D

Watch what you ask for!!! You made get just that and wind up looking like OU did last year!!! I'd like to see them win the NC too!! Just remember what my old coach said " One game at a time boys"!!

BreckTxLonghorn
09-16-2009, 03:48 PM
Actually the last game in Austin was closer than the score indicated. It went back and forth for a while, and what about the year UT had to bring in the back up qb to put together a game winning drive?

Back & Forth? Texas never trailed in that game, was up by 8 at half, and never up by less than 10 after Texas scored in the 3rd. Tech never gave up though - the game was fun to watch; I think they combined to score over 40 pts in the 4th quarter alone? Crazy game.

The other game - not gonna say anything more than it was extremely fun to watch, and tense if you were a fan of either team. Nov.15, 2003 - that date will stay in my mind a long time.

RMAC
09-17-2009, 12:18 AM
Back & Forth? Texas never trailed in that game, was up by 8 at half, and never up by less than 10 after Texas scored in the 3rd. Tech never gave up though - the game was fun to watch; I think they combined to score over 40 pts in the 4th quarter alone? Crazy game.

The other game - not gonna say anything more than it was extremely fun to watch, and tense if you were a fan of either team. Nov.15, 2003 - that date will stay in my mind a long time.

Yeah I still remember that one. . .

Bullaholic
09-19-2009, 07:04 PM
Not Musberger........please nooooooooooooo!

coach
09-19-2009, 07:14 PM
holding on the first play of the game...tech is already trying to cheat

coach
09-19-2009, 07:16 PM
and we have another cheater on tech lol

sinton66
09-19-2009, 08:01 PM
Who says 2A and 3A can't play major ball?

ziggy29
09-19-2009, 08:28 PM
Is Musburger ever going to stop saying "there's that rugby punt"?

TexMike
09-19-2009, 08:47 PM
You would think someone as smart as Coach L would know the rules. That cannot be done

Bullaholic
09-19-2009, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by TexMike
You would think someone as smart as Coach L would know the rules. That cannot be done

The 'fake" knee?

PhiI C
09-19-2009, 08:52 PM
This game has me worried. If TT gets its' offense going they are going to be tough. Texas needs to start playing better on offense.

sinton66
09-19-2009, 08:54 PM
Should see McCoy settle down in the second half. Mack will work his "magic".;)

TexMike
09-19-2009, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
The 'fake" knee?

Yep, when a runner simulates putting a knee to ground the ball is dead by rule

Bullaholic
09-19-2009, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by TexMike
Yep, when a runner simulates putting a knee to ground the ball is dead by rule

Now who would have thought that Leach would try something like that? :D

BobcatBenny
09-19-2009, 09:16 PM
Well Texas has tried to let Tech win this game. Tech had their chances in the 1st half and didn't get their offense going.

Now it looks like Texas has an offensive rythm.

sinton66
09-19-2009, 09:30 PM
Couldn't figure out why in the world Curtis was giving a cushion on 4th and 3. Not smart. Looks like it could be a more interesting second half.

sinton66
09-19-2009, 09:33 PM
Hmmmmm, a little razzmataz.

BobcatBenny
09-19-2009, 09:47 PM
Tech's defense needs to bamboozle McCoy just one more time.

BobcatBenny
09-19-2009, 10:07 PM
Tech got the defensive stop they needed and ...

The game has proceeded to get very ugly.

Turnover
Turnover
Turnover
Penalty
Penalty
Penalty ... :doh:

sinton66
09-19-2009, 10:15 PM
Texas D stepped up and shazam!.

sinton66
09-19-2009, 10:22 PM
Sheesh, and now the Texas D goes to sleep.

BobcatBenny
09-19-2009, 10:24 PM
Now Tech's offense carves up a tired Texas D like a hot knife thru butter.

Can Tech's D get yet another stop?

I will tell you what Tech's D did everything they needed to for the win tonight. Too bad Tech's offense has sputtered.

44INAROW
09-19-2009, 10:27 PM
Tech got the defensive stop they needed and ...

The game has proceeded to get very ugly.

Turnover
Turnover
Turnover
Penalty
Penalty
Penalty ... :doh:

we went to the UMHB game and left about 9:00 so on the way home we listened to the TT/UT game on the radio- that's exactly what we were hearing - turnover, turnover, penalty penalty

We're watching it now on Tivo.. easier to keep up with video not just audio

GrTigers6
09-19-2009, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by buff4life

"Potts Gonna be Smoked All Night" :D Tebow is way overated. He hasn't been tested

sinton66
09-19-2009, 10:32 PM
Man, I wish Sinton would let us use our cannon again. I miss that.

STANG RED
09-19-2009, 10:34 PM
Now Tech's offense carves up a tired Texas D like a hot knife thru butter.

Can Tech's D get yet another stop?

I will tell you what Tech's D did everything they needed to for the win tonight. Too bad Tech's offense has sputtered.

I dont think Tech's offense sputtered at all. Both defenses have just stepped up and made some great plays, to keep both offenses somewhat in check.
Potts needs to learn to get rid of the ball a little sooner, even if its just throwing it away. But he's done pretty dang good up against a great Texas D.

sinton66
09-19-2009, 10:36 PM
Unfortunately Texas is playing prevent. Bad idea.

STANG RED
09-19-2009, 10:38 PM
Techs hurry up offense is the slowest I have ever seen.

sinton66
Dang, finally a defensive play.

GrTigers6
I think texas will win 34-24 :D

sinton66
09-19-2009, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I think Texas will win, but I doubt it'll be by a large margin. Texas D will keep them in the game, but they won't shut Tech down completely.

Might have a future as a prophet.:D

gobbler grad
09-19-2009, 10:42 PM
Austin, Tx. will celebrate tonight...:spitlol:

STANG RED
09-19-2009, 10:42 PM
Texas certainly didnt whip TT as some thought would happen. I think TT showed they can trade punches with anyone tonight, and will win lots of games again this year.

BobcatBenny
09-19-2009, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I dont think Tech's offense sputtered at all. Both defenses have just stepped up and made some great plays, to keep both offenses somewhat in check.
Potts needs to learn to get rid of the ball a little sooner, even if its just throwing it away. But he's done pretty dang good up against a great Texas D.
You could be correct.

Tech didn't win ... but looked like they will play with anyone this season. Which makes it fun.

And ... they did put a slight dent in Colt's gold statue.

Fun game.

sinton66
09-19-2009, 10:44 PM
Nah, wins are all that counts, especially tough ones.

PhiI C
09-20-2009, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
This game is going to be very close. I want UT to win but I know that TT will be tough and remember they have always had capable QBs and receivers. Scary times indeed.

I am not proud that I was right but I knew that TT would be tough. Fortunately we won it. Teams always play their best against Texas. I will prepare a lecture later to explain this.

Eagle 1
09-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Good game.:clap:
If Tech plays this way the rest of the year, they could end up 11-1.