PDA

View Full Version : Poor Ohio St.

turbostud
09-12-2009, 10:30 PM
Poor Ohio St. Always the bridesmaid.

blowfish
09-12-2009, 10:35 PM
I never thought I would say this.....

I am embarrassed beyond belief! Terrell Pryor lost any chance for post season awards. I am so disgusted right now I cant even see straight!

My gut feeling is I am wondering if it isnt time for Tressell to move on. There is no excuse for this loss tonight.

bwdlionfan
09-12-2009, 10:37 PM
I hope this doesn't happen... but I won't be surprised if USC jumps Texas

wildstangs
09-12-2009, 10:40 PM
wonder how many couches will be burned in Ohio tonight?

Enjoy these types of games while you can. I am sure they will be history in the future since the bcs doesn't reward teams for losing to a great team early in the year.

blowfish
09-12-2009, 10:43 PM
Believe if you think USC is great then you saw a different game than I saw. Except for the final drive our defense pretty well handled them. Our offense had the ball for starting drives at least 5 times. Our drive before they scored we were in field goal range and Pryor takes the sack. :confused:

blowfish
09-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Texas will kill USC and that hurts me alot to say it! Florida would kill USC! Heck I even think Houston would kill them.

LE Dad
09-12-2009, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by blowfish
I never thought I would say this.....

I am embarrassed beyond belief! Terrell Pryor lost any chance for post season awards. I am so disgusted right now I cant even see straight!

My gut feeling is I am wondering if it isnt time for Tressell to move on. There is no excuse for this loss tonight. Yes there is... Because Mr. Sweater Vest was so worried that Michigan would get Pryor that he offered him. Well guess what, Pryor is not a fit for Ohio St offense.

blowfish
09-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Wrong! Pryor was a verbal commit to Pitt

blowfish
09-12-2009, 10:50 PM
I think Pryor is a perfect fit we just do not have a game plan to take advantage of his skills.

LE Dad
09-12-2009, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
I hope this doesn't happen... but I won't be surprised if USC jumps Texas I wasn't impressed with USC, but again Texas not so good either.:(

blowfish
09-12-2009, 10:53 PM
Honestly, no sour grapes, I dont see USC winning the PAC 10. I wasnt impressed tonight and that is what makes losing so hard to take.

LE Dad
09-12-2009, 10:55 PM
I think Pryor is a perfect fit we just do not have a game plan to take advantage of his skills. Pryor is not bad, he just can't do what Tressell is trying to make him do. OSU will have to adapt to what he is able to do in order to make it work.

LE Dad
09-12-2009, 10:58 PM
Wrong! Pryor was a verbal commit to Pitt He was still being recruited by Mich. and Penn St.

blowfish
09-12-2009, 10:58 PM
Thanks for not piling on me guys. I am going to go watch the Nascar Race on DVR hopefully my driver made the chase!

And the COWBOYS play tomorrow! You know we are going to the super bowl right? :p

LE Dad
09-12-2009, 11:02 PM
Thanks for not piling on me guys. I am going to go watch the Nascar Race on DVR hopefully my driver made the chase!

And the COWBOYS play tomorrow! You know we are going to the super bowl right? :p LOL Not everyone in south a Big 10 hater.:rolleyes: :cool:

Txbroadcaster
09-13-2009, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs

Enjoy these types of games while you can. I am sure they will be history in the future since the bcs doesn't reward teams for losing to a great team early in the year.

disagree..both Florida and OU lost earlier season games last year and made the title game..and their losses were conference games to boot. It is all about HOW you lose them and the score and such

PhiI C
09-13-2009, 06:16 PM
I think before he is through Pryor is going to be a good one. Remember he is only a sophomore. By this time next year look out!

I know USC QB was great but remember he has much more talent around him that Pryor.

wildstangs
09-13-2009, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
disagree..both Florida and OU lost earlier season games last year and made the title game..and their losses were conference games to boot. It is all about HOW you lose them and the score and such

But you have to depend on them to lose. If two teams go undefeated by playing weaker opponents, they are still going to get the nod for the championship.

Would it be fair for someone like an undefeated West Virginia or South Florida team to go to the national championship over a one loss Ohio State, USC, or Florida team? Of course not, but it can happen.

TinyTim
09-15-2009, 08:35 AM
Texas will kill USC and that hurts me alot to say it! Florida would kill USC! Heck I even think Houston would kill them.

Don't inhale.

TinyTim
09-15-2009, 08:52 AM
After watching the games this Saturday, Case Keenum looked more like a pro-syle qb than that guy from Texas. he checked down well and made good solid reads all game long. I think that UH would likely beat Texas this year if they played. I predict that UH will beat Tech. USC on the other hand looked great.

Keenum has become a legit front runner for the Heisman.

BreckTxLonghorn
09-15-2009, 09:06 AM
Honestly, no sour grapes, I dont see USC winning the PAC 10. I wasnt impressed tonight and that is what makes losing so hard to take.

Fun fact: Other than 04-05 (the years they went to BCS championship), USC has never run the table in the Pac-10 under Pete Carroll. They've also never lost by more than 7 under Pete.

TheDOCTORdre
09-15-2009, 07:30 PM
I think Pryor is a perfect fit we just do not have a game plan to take advantage of his skills.
how is Pryor the perfect fit, if you still dont have the game plan to take advantage of his skills, if you have to adjust your game plan then that is not a perfect fit

Originally posted by LE Dad
Pryor is not bad, he just can't do what Tressell is trying to make him do. OSU will have to adapt to what he is able to do in order to make it work.
that is correct, if Tressell wants to have a winning chance with Pryor, he needs to adapt to what fits Pryor's skills, however on that note if Tressell does that Pryor will not be prepared for the NFL, so if Tressell sticks to his system, then that greatly hinders Ohio State but benefits Pryor, and if Tressell changes his system to fit Pryor, then Ohio State benefits and Pryor's development is hindered

Originally posted by PhiI C
I know USC QB was great but remember he has much more talent around him that Pryor.

Originally posted by TinyTim
USC on the other hand looked great.

Keenum has become a legit front runner for the Heisman.

Neither the USC QB or USC was great the other night with the exception of the final drive... on the other hand if Keenum can continue with his production and the U of H can continue winning we may very well see Keenum in the Heisman talks as the season progresses