PDA

View Full Version : Palestine Wildcats

OldBison75
09-12-2009, 10:29 PM
In the past couple of weeks the Wildcats have faced a TOP 10 team in Navasota and a Top 20 team in Van. Against Navasota they gave them all they wanted and ended up losing by 8 after leading at one point. A kickoff return for a touchdown by Navasota seemed to be the big momentum changer.

Palestine followed that with a win over a highly regarded Van Vandal team in which the Wildcats moved the ball on the ground, through the air, and every way possible. Thier swarming defense held a pretty good offense in check.

Let me be the one to say that the Wildcats are for real and will be a formidable opponent for anyone. The speed and athleticism of thier young men will cause problems for most teams. I believe they will make the playoffs, maybe as the champion from that district and they will make playoff noise. I guarantee you that they will play hard and come after you all night and can put up points real fast if you let up at all.

Buckeye80
09-13-2009, 08:54 AM
So there could end up being a Palestine/ Waco LaVega first round with the winner getting the Gilmer/ Jasper winner. Then the winner of that game is probably looking at the Cleveland/ Navasota winner.
Reg III is murder!!!!!:eek:

Eagle1
09-13-2009, 08:56 AM
Is there a chance of Athens making the playoffs in that district that Palestine is in if so they would go big school. Surely either Conally or Robinson will make the playoffs in their district and get in as the big school team from that district. I do agree Palestine could be a real spoiler in the playoffs.

WOS1
09-13-2009, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
So there could end up being a Palestine/ Waco LaVega first round with the winner getting the Gilmer/ Jasper winner. Then the winner of that game is probably looking at the Cleveland/ Navasota winner.
Reg III is murder!!!!!:eek:

So are you guys thinking you're going DI now?

Rabid Cougar
09-13-2009, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by WOS1
So are you guys thinking you're going DI now?

Or if LaVega goes D1? Robinson and Connally might have something to say about that.

lostaussie
09-13-2009, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by WOS1
So are you guys thinking you're going DI now? i am starting to. Chapel Hill got creamed by Center!!!

eagles_victory
09-13-2009, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Eagle1
Is there a chance of Athens making the playoffs in that district that Palestine is in if so they would go big school. Surely either Conally or Robinson will make the playoffs in their district and get in as the big school team from that district. I do agree Palestine could be a real spoiler in the playoffs. Athens could make the playoffs but really after Crockett and Palestine this year that third spot is pretty much up for grabs with no real good team to claim it. I would say my Eagles might be the longest shot right now but I still believe if we can fix a few holes we could compete for the third spot.

PHS Wildcats
09-13-2009, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the kinds word. This coaching staff and school administration are making changes in the school district for the better. Coach Bowie is doing a great job. This team is getting better each week. This week we have a tough game against Rival and 3-0 4A Jacksonville. They've beaten Marshall, Corsicana and Hallsville.

LE Dad
09-13-2009, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
Thanks for the kinds word. This coaching staff and school administration are making changes in the school district for the better. Coach Bowie is doing a great job. This team is getting better each week. This week we have a tough game against Rival and 3-0 4A Jacksonville. They've beaten Marshall, Corsicana and Hallsville. I don't know about the other 2, but Marshall is down this year. I think ya'll will do well against J'ville :cool:

PHS Wildcats
09-13-2009, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
I don't know about the other 2, but Marshall is down this year. I think ya'll will do well against J'ville :cool:

I hope you are right

Txbroadcaster
09-13-2009, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
I don't know about the other 2, but Marshall is down this year. I think ya'll will do well against J'ville :cool:

I dont think Marshall is as down as somethink just young

LE Dad
09-13-2009, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Or if LaVega goes D1? Robinson and Connally might have something to say about that. Robinson? They only managed a safety against China Springs and I believe Alvarado handled them pretty easily also. :thinking:

LE Dad
09-13-2009, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I dont think Marshall is as down as somethink just young LOL and where did you go to HS? No Mavs will be OK. They just were not the same team that LE has scrimmaged in prior years. They didn't have the huge O line that they normally do.I think they could battle for the last playoff spot. :D

Buckeye80
09-13-2009, 04:03 PM
18-3A might honestly end up in one of those wacky 3-way ties between Jasper, Carthage, and Center! Reg III is a little screwy right now with regards to predictions! In our district, Gilmer and Tatum should finish #1, #2, and then I honestly believe that Spring Hill gets that 3rd spot. If they do, then we are the DI rep. (not that it gets any easier being DI in our region).

easttexas3a
09-17-2009, 04:17 AM
Palestine may indeed be the big darkhorse of the region. We will have to wait and see. Long ways to go right now.

I think Gilmer will be going D1, but Chapel Hill could beat Spring Hill at CHill. Chapel Hill is not as bad as that Center loss I don't think. Center may be pretty darn good. I think Athens will get in putting Palestine in D2.

I think Gilmer may get a bit of luck in D1 and have a rematch with a pretty good Jasper team, and luck out with Waco Robinson or Athens in the second round. To much guessing right now though.