PDA

View Full Version : 25 Yards Short

Phil C
12-30-2002, 10:04 AM
Whether you are a Dallas Cowboy fan or not Emmitt Smith has proven to be an outstanding player and first class individual. What did you think of his being 25 yards short of another 1,000 yard rushing season? He only needed 38 yards this last game and the team couldn't get it for him. The coaches gave him his chance because they let him rush 18 times but no blocking. Of course when the game was obvisiosly lost against the Eagles they could have let him carry a few more times to have got closer against Washington. It is a shame.

turbostud
12-30-2002, 02:40 PM
Well Dave Campo is gone, thank god. Hopefulley Bruce Coslet will be gone also. I think I could have done a better job than these two idiots. Emmitt Smith deserves more than the way he was treated this year. I doubt Emmitt will be back next year and it is a shame because he is the best running back in the NFL. Emmitt should have hit 1000 yards by week 10. Had the Cowboys had a real coach and off. coodinator, he would have.

Keith7
12-30-2002, 02:46 PM
Yeah right Emmitt is too old

Jacket2000
12-30-2002, 02:54 PM
I might have a little sympathy for Emmitt, but I cant help but remember a few seasons ago(right after the first Super Bowl) when he sat out for 3 or 4 games and constantly whinned because he wasn't getting paid enough. Ever since then, he's been one of my least favorite NFL players. And yes, I know he broke the record, but we all know the he couldn't carry Sweetness' jock strap.
J2K

slpybear the bullfan
12-30-2002, 03:15 PM
As someone mentioned earlier, the chance for Emmitt to get his thousand was against the Eagles. He was virtually nonexistant in the fourth. 38 yards... that's a pity.

The Offense Line was TERRIBLE. Give me Andre Gurode, Tyson Walter, and a Healthy Larry Allen and send the rest packing.

Billy Boy
12-30-2002, 03:30 PM
I'll bet Emmitt was going to get a bonus if he made a 1000 my my how Jones works. But isn't that just like him. eek!