PDA

View Full Version : Thanks, by the way

IrishTex
09-12-2009, 04:22 PM
To those who texted me scores on the Gilmer LE game....that must have been a good one to see. Also thanks to the Snyder fan texting me as well.

:clap:

Sorry i couldn't post scores last night...i was doing play-by-play from Mustang Bowl and my laptop was too slow to do play by play and update scores.

LE Dad
09-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
To those who texted me scores on the Gilmer LE game....that must have been a good one to see. Also thanks to the Snyder fan texting me as well.

Sorry i couldn't post scores last night...i was doing play-by-play from Mustang Bowl and my laptop was too slow to do play by play and update scores. Thats alright , figured something was up, found a thread and started posting. It was a great game less 2 turnovers and a long KO return ( I mentioned that special teams worried me). Gilmer and LE always put on a great game. I think both will be playing for a few extra weeks this year.:)

poisoned10
09-13-2009, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by IrishTex

Sorry i couldn't post scores last night...i was doing play-by-play from Mustang Bowl and my laptop was too slow to do play by play and update scores.

No problem! :thumbsup:

During big games, I usually do like I did with an update after every possession. Sorry if it was a little overkill and if you don't have unlimited texting. I do and I use it fully. I send/receive about 3,000-4,000 a month. That number will probably rise now that I update several people on the Gilmer games. I'll probably send/receive about 500 or so just during the game.

Ranger Mom
09-13-2009, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by poisoned10
No problem! :thumbsup:

During big games, I usually do like I did with an update after every possession. Sorry if it was a little overkill and if you don't have unlimited texting. I do and I use it fully. I send/receive about 3,000-4,000 a month. That number will probably rise now that I update several people on the Gilmer games. I'll probably send/receive about 500 or so just during the game.

I love your updates!!!! I started updating the board with them actually, than someone from LE started a new thread, so I deleted mine and let him do it!!

I remember "way back when" when I didn't have unlimited text, I would send out our score. IrishTex would always send back a "thanks" that would cost me 10 cents. I would get so irritated with him..haha! I should have just texted him back and said, "quit being so polite, you are costing me money!"

I said something about it to "injuredinmelee" one time and we were at the same game at some point but not sitting together. I got an update from someone and forwarded it to him, where he promptly sent me back a text that said...."thanks!" He got a big kick out of doing that to me. It was after that season that I got unlimited text!

I bet you never knew that...did ya Lew??:D :D