PDA

View Full Version : Official game

Flypattern
09-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Got word of a school (not 3A) claiming a victory after playing less that a quarter last night.

It seems like I remember the UIL telling some schools a few years ago that they needed to play a half for it to be an official game.

I don't know. Can anybody help with that?

rhs78
09-12-2009, 02:25 PM
From 2009 -2010 UIL Football Manual

Policy on Rain/Flood Games
Games scheduled for Friday night canceled by rain or inclement weather:
Options:
1. Find another site and play the game on Friday night as scheduled: a) Option to go to visiting school, if mutually agreeable; b) Option to find a neutral field.
2. Play Saturday at original site, visiting site, or neutral field: a) Mutual agreement or b) district executive committee action.
3. If conditions which do not permit any of the above persist: The district executive committee may reschedule district games for Monday night. Then the game scheduled for the following Friday must be rescheduled for Saturday, to meet the five-day interval requirement of the Football Plan of the Constitution and Contest Rules.
4. Note: It may be necessary to have the district executive committee reschedule a number of games.
5. For non-district games - agreement between two schools involved.

Flypattern
09-12-2009, 02:50 PM
No. 5 looks like my answer. Thanks

Antec
09-12-2009, 03:06 PM
Stafford and Hitchcock game was not completed either last night and Spartans were up 23-20