PDA

View Full Version : Spring Hill vs Chapel Hill

Buckeye80
09-12-2009, 12:16 PM
I know it's a little early to discuss this, but the implications of Spring Hill vs Chapel Hill are gonna be HUGE!! And yes I am already dismissing Gladewater and Bullard as having no chance to make the playoffs!
It should finish like this:
1. Gilmer (5-0)
2. Tatum (4-1)
3. Spring Hill or Chapel Hill (3-2) or (2-3)

Chapel Hill makes it? Gilmer goes DII. Spring Hill gets in? Gilmer goes DI.

And Center just rolled Chapel Hill earlier today.

LE Dad
09-12-2009, 12:24 PM
Actually, not that far away 2 games and a open date and then we can get down to business. :D

Buckeye80
09-12-2009, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Actually, not that far away 2 games and a open date and then we can get down to business. :D

Two things:

1. Who are the Leopards looking at in the first round? Van?

2. Why is there no 2006 State Champions sign on the scoreboard at Harris Field? Y'all have had three years to get one man!:D

LE Dad
09-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
Two things:

2. Why is there no 2006 State Champions sign on the scoreboard at Harris Field? Y'all have had three years to get one man!:D LE has a bye in the first round. I had projected that Van would be our 2nd round opponent but Palestine put it on them last night and they lost their QB to injury. Not sure how long he is out but poster said it looked serious. He said Van had already lost 2 other starters and was bringing up JV and Frosh players. So on that point I don't know who we will see? Second point some Einstein decided it would look better if we put championship signs up on building by visitors side:doh: We in the home stands get to be reminded every home game that we were champions in 99 & 06. Lol:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I just hope that soon they will decide to build us a real stadium. That field was nice in 74 or so but it is now time to do something bigger. :thinking:

Buckeye80
09-12-2009, 01:01 PM

I just hope that soon they will decide to build us a real stadium. That field was nice in 74 or so but it is now time to do something bigger. :thinking:

I've been in worse 3A stadiums, but the visitor's side at Harris Field is CRAP!! I don't know what the capacity is, but it didn't cut it!

icu812
09-12-2009, 01:06 PM
Two things:

As crazy as it sounds unless Van gets healthy again the playoffs are not a lock for the Vandals. Anyway, if Van makes the playoffs they will most likely go Div.2 because Wills Point is looking good right now 3-0 defeating Athens, Lindale and Farmerville. I think 14-3A will end up with WP, Canton & Van in the playoffs. Wills Point will end up playing LE.

LE Dad
09-12-2009, 01:09 PM
I've been in worse 3A stadiums, but the visitor's side at Harris Field is CRAP!! I don't know what the capacity is, but it didn't cut it! There are worse but if you want a quality program you need a quality stadium. Especially if you have a town with 4 schools.

LE Dad
09-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by icu812
As crazy as it sounds unless Van gets healthy again the playoffs are not a lock for the Vandals. Anyway, if Van makes the playoffs they will most likely go Div.2 because Wills Point is looking good right now 3-0 defeating Athens, Lindale and Farmerville. I think 14-3A will end up with WP, Canton & Van in the playoffs. Wills Point will end up playing LE. LE for some crazy reason gets a bye the 1st round 14 plays 13 then the winner gets 16 in round 2.

Buckeye80
09-12-2009, 01:14 PM
As crazy as it sounds unless Van gets healthy again the playoffs are not a lock for the Vandals. Anyway, if Van makes the playoffs they will most likely go Div.2 because Wills Point is looking good right now 3-0 defeating Athens, Lindale and Farmerville. I think 14-3A will end up with WP, Canton & Van in the playoffs. Wills Point will end up playing LE.

And the winner would get the Alvarado/ Castlebury winner? Im tellin ya that LE could win that region! They're more than good enough to contend for the Reg II title!

icu812
09-12-2009, 01:14 PM
I think SH/CH could go either way. But I think your right about Gladewater and Bullard. Either way for Gilmer Reg. 3 is tough again this year. Palestine is no joke this year and apparently neither is Center. Add them to the mix of good teams in Reg. 3 and that is a meat grinder of a region to go through.

Buckeye80
09-12-2009, 01:15 PM
There are worse but if you want a quality program you need a quality stadium. Especially if you have a town with 4 schools.

Are there not comparable taxes across all the Texarkana schools? Why is PG walkin in "tall cotton" while LE has a 40 yr old field?:confused:

Buckeye80
09-12-2009, 01:16 PM
I think SH/CH could go either way. But I think your right about Gladewater and Bullard. Either way for Gilmer Reg. 3 is tough again this year. Palestine is no joke this year and apparently neither is Center. Add them to the mix of good teams in Reg. 3 and that is a meat grinder of a region to go through.

Found that out firsthand last season! Mexia, WOS, and Carthage back to back to back was just too much!

icu812
09-12-2009, 01:17 PM
And the winner would get the Alvarado/ Castlebury winner? Im tellin ya that LE could win that region! They're more than good enough to contend for the Reg II title!

No last year Van had Lucas Lovejoy's district, then D16, then they played Prosper. LE would have to go through Prosper in the 3rd Round. They have 1st round bye because there is no D15 this realignment.

lulu
09-12-2009, 01:19 PM
I know it's a little early to discuss this, but the implications of Spring Hill vs Chapel Hill are gonna be HUGE!! And yes I am already dismissing Gladewater and Bullard as having no chance to make the playoffs!
It should finish like this:
1. Gilmer (5-0)
2. Tatum (4-1)
3. Spring Hill or Chapel Hill (3-2) or (2-3)

Chapel Hill makes it? Gilmer goes DII. Spring Hill gets in? Gilmer goes DI.

And Center just rolled Chapel Hill earlier today.

I think if we keep improving we will take Tatum. I know thats a big prediction and you know I am very conservative about our Panthers but I like what I see more and more. Our D is stepping up more each weak. the more they play the better they look. Slow starting but they get after it. We didn't get much play time in last night but I believe if Brownsboro would have stayed we would have won. Their Administration would not let them wait until 9:30 like Longview and Pine Tree did. They completed their games. We
were told that someone from their ADMIN said bring them home and we won't be back. So score was 8 to 6 in SH favor when they chose to leave.

When it started to rain no one from SH left the stands. They finally asked us to leave due to so much lighting. We were ready to play ball.

LE Dad
09-12-2009, 01:23 PM
And the winner would get the Alvarado/ Castlebury winner? Im tellin ya that LE could win that region! They're more than good enough to contend for the Reg II title! Oh yeah I thought that last year too. Then our special teams fell apart. We are better this year except on kickoffs. How you cannot run down the field and tackle someone before they cross the 40 I don't know?:o

LE Dad
09-12-2009, 01:27 PM
No last year Van had Lucas Lovejoy's district, then D16, then they played Prosper. LE would have to go through Prosper in the 3rd Round. They have 1st round bye because there is no D15 this realignment. I think LE will do very well against Prosper. That should be the big obstacle but I just don't think they have seen speed like LE brings to the field.

Buckeye80
09-12-2009, 01:32 PM
Oh yeah I thought that last year too. Then our special teams fell apart. We are better this year except on kickoffs. How you cannot run down the field and tackle someone before they cross the 40 I don't know?:o

And I'm sure you noticed last night that we have a very capable kicker on kickoffs and a pretty speedy coverage team. Why we continue to try that "pooch kick" garbage is beyond me!

Buckeye80
09-12-2009, 01:33 PM
I think LE will do very well against Prosper. That should be the big obstacle but I just don't think they have seen speed like LE brings to the field.

Speed for speed, LE is just as fast as Gilmer!

LE Dad
09-12-2009, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by lulu
I think if we keep improving we will take Tatum. I know thats a big prediction and you know I am very conservative about our Panthers but I like what I see more and more. Our D is stepping up more each weak. the more they play the better they look. Slow starting but they get after it. We didn't get much play time in last night but I believe if Brownsboro would have stayed we would have won. Their Administration would not let them wait until 9:30 like Longview and Pine Tree did. They completed their games. We
were told that someone from their ADMIN said bring them home and we won't be back. So score was 8 to 6 in SH favor when they chose to leave.

When it started to rain no one from SH left the stands. They finally asked us to leave due to so much lighting. We were ready to play ball. Wow SH over Tatum? That is a bold statement girl!:D

Aesculus gilmus
09-12-2009, 01:38 PM
There are worse but if you want a quality program you need a quality stadium. Especially if you have a town with 4 schools.

Why hasn't Texarkana ever considered the approach Tyler takes? Both the major schools in Tyler play at TMF Rose Stadium.

I'll leave Pleasant Grove out of the equation. I understand that is the snobby, Highland Park-style rich kid district of your area. But why couldn't LE swing a deal to play at the Texas High facility?

Buckeye80
09-12-2009, 01:39 PM
I think if we keep improving we will take Tatum.

Sorry Babydoll, but Spring Hill aint takin Tatum down. If y'all can handle Chapel Hill, y'all should be in, but Tatum is gonna have too much speed for the Panthers. Sorry!

Aesculus gilmus
09-12-2009, 01:41 PM
I already thought of an answer to myself. :)

Both John Tyler and Robert E. Lee are Tyler ISD schools and the TISD owns TMF Rose Stadium whereas Texarkana and Liberty-Eylau are separate ISDs.

It still ought to be possible to have some sort of interdistrict agreement on this, I would think.

LE Dad
09-12-2009, 01:41 PM
And I'm sure you noticed last night that we have a very capable kicker on kickoffs and a pretty speedy coverage team. Why we continue to try that "pooch kick" garbage is beyond me! I think coaches get into a routine and don't want to break it. Yeah, that kid can kick. We have a pretty good kicker but no coverage and for some reason last night he wasn't the one kicking off.

Buckeye80
09-12-2009, 01:46 PM
I think coaches get into a routine and don't want to break it. Yeah, that kid can kick. We have a pretty good kicker but no coverage and for some reason last night he wasn't the one kicking off.

You also probably noticed that he can barely stand up from being nervous on field goals! I hope they can remedy that as we may need him to hit a field goal or two later! :D

LE Dad
09-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
I already thought of an answer to myself. :)

Both John Tyler and Robert E. Lee are Tyler ISD schools and the TISD owns TMF Rose Stadium whereas Texarkana and Liberty-Eylau are separate ISDs.

It still ought to be possible to have some sort of interdistrict agreement on this, I would think. There is Pennington in Dallas that is shared by 3 districts. I think we could build our own. We built a million $ gym. I don't think TISD would do it anytime soon . They keep patching that relic they have, spent a fortune last year building a pressbox with elevator in it. Their place was built in 55 I think and has zero parking.

LE Dad
09-12-2009, 01:55 PM
You also probably noticed that he can barely stand up from being nervous on field goals! I hope they can remedy that as we may need him to hit a field goal or two later! :D Nothing worse than having long drive result in 0 points.

Buckeye80
09-12-2009, 02:00 PM
Nothing worse than having long drive result in 0 points.

They actually found that kid in PE class when he was a freshman! He's been the kicker ever since. He is good from 50, but not in a game situation. We gotta fix that!

LE Dad
09-12-2009, 02:15 PM
Are there not comparable taxes across all the Texarkana schools? Why is PG walkin in "tall cotton" while LE has a 40 yr old field?:confused: All the Doctors and lawyers live in PG. They have higher school tax rates and higher home values.

icu812
09-12-2009, 02:17 PM
I think LE will do very well against Prosper. That should be the big obstacle but I just don't think they have seen speed like LE brings to the field.

I think you would be wrong about that. They won state last year and beat a very fast La Vega team in the championship. Pitt last year said Van hadn't seen speed like 16-3A had. We shut em down completely. Burns included. Prosper has the D to make it a very difficult game for LE. I'd like to see an ET team represent instead of Prosper though.

LE Dad
09-12-2009, 02:31 PM
I think you would be wrong about that. They won state last year and beat a very fast La Vega team in the championship. Pitt last year said Van hadn't seen speed like 16-3A had. We shut em down completely. Burns included. Prosper has the D to make it a very difficult game for LE. I'd like to see an ET team represent instead of Prosper though. I don't know about LaVega but Pitt does not have the same speed as LE. Gilmer, Atlanta, and WOS are all comparable to us. That said discipline can beat speed, which I think is what happened to LaVega. I don't know that we will beat Prosper but I think that we will have an advantage, unless they recruit Stump Godfrey as their QB. Lol

Buckeye80
09-12-2009, 02:33 PM
unless they recruit Stump Godfrey as their QB. Lol

Oh he's not even that good!!:p

LE Dad
09-12-2009, 02:39 PM
First things first though. LE needs to get through next 2 injury free. Qualify for playoffs and then take it from there. I don't know who thought of giving 16 a bye, but it is an unfair advantage. I have no doubt that every coach we have will be out at every game in the region that first week and our players can rest their bumps and bruises. Don't get me wrong 4 games to the title? I will take that any day.

LE Dad
09-12-2009, 02:43 PM
Oh he's not even that good!!:p He is getting my vote for player of the week. I said when I saw him at NB that he was like G. J. with speed and last night he was just that.

icu812
09-12-2009, 02:44 PM
I wish we played 15-3A next week :D

LE Dad
09-12-2009, 02:53 PM
I wish we played 15-3A next week :D Yeah ya'll need a vacation. :D

Buckeye80
09-12-2009, 02:53 PM
He is getting my vote for player of the week. I said when I saw him at NB that he was like G. J. with speed and last night he was just that.

He doesn't quite have GJ's accuracy! He does have GJ's velocity! And in addition to having a good set of wheels, he's a very tough kid to bring down!
He has a tendency to play too unselfishly sometimes. There were several opportunities last night for him to extend drives with his feet, and he opted to stay back and scramble looking for a receiver. Sometimes, Stump just needs to take what the defense gives him. IMHO.

LE Dad
09-12-2009, 03:00 PM
He doesn't quite have GJ's accuracy! He does have GJ's velocity! And in addition to having a good set of wheels, he's a very tough kid to bring down!
He has a tendency to play too unselfishly sometimes. There were several opportunities last night for him to extend drives with his feet, and he opted to stay back and scramble looking for a receiver. Sometimes, Stump just needs to take what the defense gives him. IMHO. I think he is probably just used to his receivers getting open. I think last night was a learning experience for him.

Buckeye80
09-12-2009, 03:13 PM
I think he is probably just used to his receivers getting open. I think last night was a learning experience for him.

He did the same thing against Jasper. Sometimes he needs to be a little "selfish".

lulu
09-12-2009, 03:29 PM
Sorry Babydoll, but Spring Hill aint takin Tatum down. If y'all can handle Chapel Hill, y'all should be in, but Tatum is gonna have too much speed for the Panthers. Sorry!

I'm just saying....I haven't seen Tatum or Chapel Hill. I know WO has as much speed as either of them and they did not blow us out. Game could have gone either way.

I'm liking what I see and I am our biggest critic. I say we just might do it. Our D is looking better all the time. I am pleased to see the progress.
I'm not saying I'm right I'm just saying I think it can happen just like you are saying "it aint".

lulu
09-12-2009, 03:42 PM
Wow SH over Tatum? That is a bold statement girl!:D

Well you know Dad, sometime you just got to step up and have confidence in your team. I gave them no credit in the beginning but I'm seeing more and more each week.
They are by no means a powerhouse like Gilmer but I'm telling you BB would'nt stay and play so we didn't get to see as much. But the D stepped it up quickly and was doing a good job of taking care of business.

They made us leave the stands on the SH side and BB emptied as soon as the rain hit. Now they are all mAd cause we were ahead when the refs called a delay. BB's administration is who cancelled the game. They all mad and fighting over on Smoaky over crap.

Our couch said he considered it a win and you would think he called them a bad name. We all know that technically it was not a "WIn" but my gosh they are all up in arms over that comment.

Buckeye80
09-12-2009, 03:55 PM
I know WO has as much speed as either of them

White Oak and Tatum are not even in the same class with regards to speed! White Oak has some big kids and a pretty decent offensive scheme, but Tatum is much faster!

LE Dad
09-12-2009, 04:00 PM
Well you know Dad, sometime you just got to step up and have confidence in your team. I gave them no credit in the beginning but I'm seeing more and more each week.
They are by no means a powerhouse like Gilmer but I'm telling you BB would'nt stay and play so we didn't get to see as much. But the D stepped it up quickly and was doing a good job of taking care of business.

They made us leave the stands on the SH side and BB emptied as soon as the rain hit. Now they are all mAd cause we were ahead when the refs called a delay. BB's administration is who cancelled the game. They all mad and fighting over on Smoaky over crap.

Our couch said he considered it a win and you would think he called them a bad name. We all know that technically it was not a "WIn" but my gosh they are all up in arms over that comment. Lol you should be proud, I am not knockin you. I am just saying that is bold.:cool:

lulu
09-12-2009, 04:29 PM
White Oak and Tatum are not even in the same class with regards to speed! White Oak has some big kids and a pretty decent offensive scheme, but Tatum is much faster!

Hate to say you are wrong but WO's McCurdy and Hamilon are
are speed personified. Sorry sweetie You are wrong this time.
Maybe you have not seen them but I have.

lulu
09-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Lol you should be proud, I am not knockin you. I am just saying that is bold.:cool:

Well havent you noticed? I'm a bold ole gal.

Buckeye80
09-13-2009, 08:59 AM
Hate to say you are wrong but WO's McCurdy and Hamilon are
are speed personified. Sorry sweetie You are wrong this time.
Maybe you have not seen them but I have.

I saw Jackson McCurdy play as a sophomore two years ago. He is a good sized kid and a tough runner, but his speed was nothing to write home about.
It is very possible that you and I just have differing views on what defines "fast", so we'll just agree to disagree. I watch Gilmer every week, so I'm probably just a little harder to impress in the "speed" department!:D

lulu
09-13-2009, 11:34 AM
I saw Jackson McCurdy play as a sophomore two years ago. He is a good sized kid and a tough runner, but his speed was nothing to write home about.
It is very possible that you and I just have differing views on what defines "fast", so we'll just agree to disagree. I watch Gilmer every week, so I'm probably just a little harder to impress in the "speed" department!:D

No doubt about that. You get to watch it every week. But I was very impressed with MCcurdy but I though the Hamilton kid was faster. McCurdy is better overall.
Don't get me wrong I am not counting anyone out but I have seen our guys improve more than I expected. Like I said , I am there biggest critic. We are by no means , as i see it now, in a position to go very deep into the playoffs but I do see much more than I had hoped for during scrimmage time.

I sure wish we could have gotten in some playing time last week.
Missing out on that was disappointing. They had to make us(the fans) leave the stadium. WE had our ponchos and unbrellas and were ready for some football. There was really n o reason to cancel IMO. But for some uknown reason BB (not their coach) decided to leave and not return.

We don't have to disagree...you know I respect your opinion and you are probably much less biased (on SH) and a lot more informed on Tatum than me. I've not seen anything but stats for them,,,,,,,,,,no playing.

Congratz on ya'lls win over LE. They gave you good game sounds like.
:) :)

Buckeye80
09-13-2009, 03:56 PM

:) :)

LE played a whale of a game as they always do against Gilmer! The bad thing about Gilmer, Abilene Wylie, WOS, Cuero, and others is that you get every team's best shot every week!
The Panthers (my pick for third in the district) seem to be jelling a lot faster than was expected, and might actually create some match-up problems for Carthage in the bi-district round! Let's hope y'all stay healthy and continue to improve, and for the sake of the rest of DII, beat Chapel Hill! :D

Aesculus gilmus
09-13-2009, 04:25 PM
He is getting my vote for player of the week. I said when I saw him at NB that he was like G. J. with speed and last night he was just that.

G.J. is Tulsa's leading rusher after two games, I believe. I wouldn't necessarily take it to the bank that Stump could outrun G.J. in the 40.

LE Dad
09-13-2009, 05:19 PM
No doubt about that. You get to watch it every week. But I was very impressed with MCcurdy but I though the Hamilton kid was faster. McCurdy is better overall.
Don't get me wrong I am not counting anyone out but I have seen our guys improve more than I expected. Like I said , I am there biggest critic. We are by no means , as i see it now, in a position to go very deep into the playoffs but I do see much more than I had hoped for during scrimmage time.

I sure wish we could have gotten in some playing time last week.
Missing out on that was disappointing. They had to make us(the fans) leave the stadium. WE had our ponchos and unbrellas and were ready for some football. There was really n o reason to cancel IMO. But for some uknown reason BB (not their coach) decided to leave and not return.

We don't have to disagree...you know I respect your opinion and you are probably much less biased (on SH) and a lot more informed on Tatum than me. I've not seen anything but stats for them,,,,,,,,,,no playing.

:) :) LE gives everyone a good game. Saving the best for the playoffs. Just hoping to keep everyone healthy through district, get 2 kids back and go into playoffs. Healthy. We are going to be tuff. :eek: :eek:

charlesrixey
09-13-2009, 05:31 PM
Oh yeah I thought that last year too. Then our special teams fell apart. We are better this year except on kickoffs. How you cannot run down the field and tackle someone before they cross the 40 I don't know?:o

Prosper will have something to say about it

they are better than Alvarado or Van at this point, no question

LE Dad
09-13-2009, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
Prosper will have something to say about it

they are better than Alvarado or Van at this point, no question You're right. I think that if we both take care of business then that will be the Regional matchup. I was talking with a poster from Van and he said they may go D II and Wills Point D I. It will be interesting to watch Prosper match up with LE.

lostaussie
09-13-2009, 05:53 PM
You're right. I think that if we both take care of business then that will be the Regional matchup. I was talking with a poster from Van and he said they may go D II and Wills Point D I. It will be interesting to watch Prosper match up with LE. u haven't had much of a life since you found the downlow huh?:D

LE Dad
09-13-2009, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
u haven't had much of a life since you found the downlow huh?:D LOL Its all PDA and laptop my friend. I am, well I won't go into what I am doing at the moment, but I just pop it open during down times. I stay logged in on all kinds of things and just pop open during commercials, when I get bored at work, whenever. What you thought I sat in front of cpt all day?? Lol:eek: