PDA

View Full Version : D25 still only has 1 loss after week 2

1st and goal
09-12-2009, 11:54 AM
THSF has D2 as the top district in the state but after Brownwood's and Sweetwater's fiascos, I vote for D25.

Plus, the top teams in D25 have been playing really tough ranked teams so I feel that we are due our due...:cool:

IHStangFan
09-12-2009, 11:59 AM
This is a blessing in disguise for D25, because come district....they are going to beat each other up and there will be losses distributed between them all at the hands of one another. D25 is going to be a DOGFIGHT!! With the level of competition between them it's a double-edged sword though.....they will all be battle tested come the playoffs....but will they all be healthy after hammering on each other all season?

Good luck D25, you guys up there are all in for a treat as this district will be fun to watch this year!!

OldBison75
09-12-2009, 12:17 PM
This is a good district, but how good?
All that talk about record is okay, but look at the one loss by Smithville to Lexington.

Lexington then loses big to Cameron Yoe, probably the numer 3 or 4 team in thier district.

My take, this is a great district at the top 4 team level and has enough talent to have the lower teams beat each other up.

Both Bellville and Giddings are legitimate top teams in the state. Sealy may be coming into thier own. LaGrange is good enough to play a long time in the playoffs. Then Columbus and Smithville can be a big spoiler for any of the top four.

zebrablue2
09-12-2009, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
This is a good district, but how good?
All that talk about record is okay, but look at the one loss by Smithville to Lexington.

Lexington then loses big to Cameron Yoe, probably the numer 3 or 4 team in thier district.

My take, this is a great district at the top 4 team level and has enough talent to have the lower teams beat each other up.

Both Bellville and Giddings are legitimate top teams in the state. Sealy may be coming into thier own. LaGrange is good enough to play a long time in the playoffs. Then Columbus and Smithville can be a big spoiler for any of the top four.

:iagree:

Coach BS
09-12-2009, 01:14 PM
D 25 is good, real good. Ask yourself what team out there would want to play in this dist? Nobody, most teams would elect to stay where they are.

IHStangFan
09-12-2009, 02:34 PM
Here's my take on D25......which I'd like to think is an unbias take from the outside looking in.

Giddings is legit, they've played a stout pre-season schedule and come out on top every time so far.

Bellville...I'm not sold on as a "top team" just yet. I know they're good....but I'm not sure they're on the level of Giddings or other top teams. Time will tell.

Sealy...again...the jury is still out. I know they have a load of talent...but they've yet to be tested as their pre-district schedule was soft. Also...discipline...so far so good this year....can they keep the players focused? I DO think they have the horses to knock one of the "top" teams in the district off.

La Grange.....I also like their chances to dethrone one of the "top" teams in the district. They seem to be building momentum.

The rest....

Columbus is a decent team.....in many other districts they'd probably play for a champ.

Smithville.....they just seem to be all over the place. Are they decent or are they horrible? Time will tell.

Coach BS
09-12-2009, 03:02 PM
So IHStang your not sold on D25 being that tough. It looks like you said the team that probably finish next to last could play for a dist champ in many other districts (like D26).IMO thats pretty tough when the next to last place team cold win other districts.Would you give up D 26 for D25?

IHStangFan
09-12-2009, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Coach BS
So IHStang your not sold on D25 being that tough. It looks like you said the team that probably finish next to last could play for a dist champ in many other districts (like D26).IMO thats pretty tough when the next to last place team cold win other districts.Would you give up D 26 for D25? where in the hell did you get that I said D25 wasn't a tough district? I'm saying just the opposite. It would appear though that your comprehension skills have failed you....so I'll explain it to you.

In my D25 "analysis" above...I wasn't comparing D25 to any other district.....I was breaking down each team WITHIN their own district and how they stack up against EACH OTHER.

So find yourself a pair of surgical scissors and cut that knot out of your panties.

:kiss:

Pudlugger
09-12-2009, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
where in the hell did you get that I said D25 wasn't a tough district? I'm saying just the opposite. It would appear though that your comprehension skills have failed you....so I'll explain it to you.

In my D25 "analysis" above...I wasn't comparing D25 to any other district.....I was breaking down each team WITHIN their own district and how they stack up against EACH OTHER.

So find yourself a pair of surgical scissors and cut that knot out of your panties.

:kiss:

:evillol: :1popcorn:

IHStangFan
09-12-2009, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
:evillol: :1popcorn: I'm telling ya bro.....you've got to be careful around here posting your honest opinion, because certain people/crowds get all kinds of sideways if you don't cup their teams..........spherical.....thingies. :D

Then you have the guy who either doesn't finish reading what you've posted before he flys off the handle.......or the guy who's reading comprehension skills are not his strong suit.

Both types roam the 3ADL halls.

From there it usually degrades into taking direct shots at your team/district, name calling....and the dropping of the dreaded "I-bomb"

:eek:

Pudlugger
09-12-2009, 04:19 PM
Yeah, but it makes the board interesting as long as it doesn't go too far. I like your posts. You always try to be fair and objective. No good deed goes unpunished however. :rolleyes:

IHStangFan
09-12-2009, 04:27 PM
Yeah, but it makes the board interesting as long as it doesn't go too far. I like your posts. You always try to be fair and objective. No good deed goes unpunished however. :rolleyes: it's mutual amigo....... I like your insight.

I can't WAIT to get home and get to a few games.

Pudlugger
09-12-2009, 05:57 PM
I think D26 has some very good teams. In 2006 D25 was very strong. Everyone thought that they would sweep D26 in round one but it turned out that was false. Sweeny punished La Grange and West Columbia pounded Bellville. Moral of the story is you can't predict what these kids will do on the field. The worst thing a team can do is read the stuff said about them on the boards and papers and not deliver the goods on Friday night. Too many variables in this game to reduce it to just the stats.

IHStangFan
09-12-2009, 06:05 PM
I think D26 has some very good teams. In 2006 D25 was very strong. Everyone thought that they would sweep D26 in round one but it turned out that was false. Sweeny punished La Grange and West Columbia pounded Bellville. Moral of the story is you can't predict what these kids will do on the field. The worst thing a team can do is read the stuff said about them on the boards and papers and not deliver the goods on Friday night. Too many variables in this game to reduce it to just the stats. Absolutely.....and one thing I always preach....is what I call the "Match-up" theory. I see time and time again.....people take the "Well A beat B and B beat C....so A ought to DEMOLISH C approach.....and it simply just isn't a reliable way to gauge a team....simply because of match ups. You can have a team w/ a GREAT D.....and an average offense....but if that average offense has one tall receiver.....and said team is playing a "better" team...that might just have a below average height DB....and the coach can run plays to exploit that .....the underdog team might run wild on the team that was thought to be better over all......I'm REALLY rambling...but you get what I'm saying right? LOL. :D

Pudlugger
09-12-2009, 06:50 PM
Yeah I get it. Match ups on paper don't equate to match ups on the field. The Gold Standard of this principle is embodied in the 1967 Rose Bowl. Michigan State demolished every team in its way to a predicted national championship. They had a beast running back named Joe Apisa who just creamed defenders. They were to play UCLA in the 1967 Rose Bowl. The Bruins had a new coach Tommy Prothro who managed to navigate the "tiny" Bruins to the PAC 8 (then) Championship. Every pundit sports writer and so called expert predicted a blow out massacre. Well those "tiny" Bruins lead by 1967 at Qb Gary Beban (http://www.heisman.com/winners/g-beban67.html) managed to win 14-12.

Oh yeah look at those 1967 face masks, one or two bars is all. Also not that Beban won the Heisman over everyone's favorite slasher OJ!

1967 Rose Bowl

http://www.mmbolding.com/bowls/Rose_1966.htm

IHStangFan
09-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Yeah I get it. Match ups on paper don't equate to match ups on the field. The Gold Standard of this principle is embodied in the 1967 Rose Bowl. Michigan State demolished every team in its way to a predicted national championship. They had a beast running back named Joe Apisa who just creamed defenders. They were to play UCLA in the 1967 Rose Bowl. The Bruins had a new coach Tommy Prothro who managed to navigate the "tiny" Bruins to the PAC 8 (then) Championship. Every pundit sports writer and so called expert predicted a blow out massacre. Well those "tiny" Bruins lead by 1967 at Qb Gary Beban (http://www.heisman.com/winners/g-beban67.html) managed to win 14-12.

Oh yeah look at those 1967 face masks, one or two bars is all. Also not that Beban won the Heisman over everyone's favorite slasher OJ!

1967 Rose Bowl (URL=http://www.mmbolding.com/bowls/Rose_1966...) ]1967 Rose Bowl[/URL] :clap: Awesome. Yup....that's about the ONLY thing that's certain......is that the outcome of any game is uncertain.

Pudlugger
09-12-2009, 07:06 PM
There I finally got the link to the 1967 Rose Bowl working. Great photos! Check it out it is awesome!

Pudlugger
09-13-2009, 05:16 AM
Check out the link to the 1967 Rose Bowl (http://www.mmbolding.com/bowls/Rose_1966.htm). This was one of the all time great games. On the web page is a photo of UCLA's defensive corner named Bobby Stiles. He is so exhausted he was being helped off the field. The game was almost over and he just made an incredible tackle to preserve the win for the Bruins. The score was 14-12 and Michigan State went for 2 on the conversion with only seconds left in the game. The ball went to their beast running back Joe Apisa over left tackle. Out of nowhere comes little Bobby Stiles about 5'7" 150 lb corner back to make a huge tackle and preserve the win. I still remember watching this game at home with my mom and dad. My mom was a UCLA alumnus and she went wild! My folks have passed now but I'm certain that my mom never misses the big UCLA games up there.