PDA

View Full Version : Region I GotW: Liberty Hill (1-1) vs. Brownwood (2-1)

Pages : [1] 2

LH_Tuff
09-12-2009, 09:31 AM
OK. Let's get this started. LH is coming off a big win. One the young panthers needed for their confidence. The defense pitched a shutout. They will be going to Brownwood with their heads held high.

Brownwood lost a tough one. And seems to have lost some key players to injuries. Very unfortunate. However, Shipley knows LH.

I say this is going to be a very good game with LH coming away with the W.

Looking4number8
09-12-2009, 09:34 AM
Well, always bet on Maroon! We are very very injured and have several kids that played last night with the flu. If we can get those kids back I say Brownwood by 15, if we go into the game still the walking wounded.. it's not gonna be pretty, then I would have to say it would be a completly different ball game and have to predict Brownwood by 14

LH_Tuff
09-12-2009, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Well, always bet on Maroon! We are very very injured and have several kids that played last night with the flu. If we can get those kids back I say Brownwood by 15, if we go into the game still the walking wounded.. it's not gonna be pretty, then I would have to say it would be a completly different ball game and have to predict Brownwood by 14

Now that is funny right there. :clap:

95mustang
09-12-2009, 09:38 AM

Classic! :clap:

44INAROW
09-12-2009, 09:43 AM

I usually stay out of the threads that don't pertain to me - but I m having a hard time deciding if your're being serious, funny or sarcastic? To me, this sounds like pre-excuses. :hand: :hand:
oh and sorry - if they had the REAL FLU - they wouldn't have been playing.. maybe sick and not feeling well but NOT the flu - and if they did the coach is not a smart man

Looking4number8
09-12-2009, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I usually stay out of the threads that don't pertain to me - but I m having a hard time deciding if your're being serious, funny or sarcastic? To me, this sounds like pre-excuses. :hand: :hand:

you are wrong, I was just being a smar a$$ but also letting you know we could go into the game with only 11 freshman on varsity and I will still have my hopes up that we can win.

As for a serious thought on the LH game, if some of the starters are not back, we will have to come up with a different game plan but we have kids that can step up.. I pick us to win any time and every time

Old Tiger
09-12-2009, 10:00 AM
Don't be fooled by the LH victory over Manor...this isn't the same Manor team from 4-5 years ago.

LH_Tuff
09-12-2009, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Don't be fooled by the LH victory over Manor...this isn't the same Manor team from 4-5 years ago.

Never said Manor was any good. Just said it was a confidence builder for the young panthers.

Ranger Mom
09-12-2009, 10:02 AM
I pick us to win any time and every time

That's how it should be!!

44INAROW
09-12-2009, 10:05 AM
you are wrong, I was just being a smar a$$

that is what I meant by I wasn't sure what your tone was, nothing wrong with believing and supporting your team, that's the sign of a great fan. I was just trying to "read you" now I know.. I have my salt shaker handy... :D seriously, hope the injuried guys are OK what's the story on the QB?

Coach BS
09-12-2009, 10:07 AM
Brownwood wins by 21. LH not that good

Looking4number8
09-12-2009, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
what's the story on the QB?

Not sure yet but this is the play that took him out

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/phoca_thumb_l_img_00991.jpg

LH_Tuff
09-12-2009, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Coach BS

Ha Ha, good one. :clap: :clap:

Nice 2nd post. :p

Ranger Mom
09-12-2009, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
Ha Ha, good one. :clap: :clap:

Nice 2nd post. :p

I think his user name says it all!!;)

LE Dad
09-12-2009, 10:20 AM

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/phoca_thumb_l_img_00991.jpg Foot planted and knee being driven back?? Ouch !!

LH_Tuff
09-12-2009, 10:26 AM

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/phoca_thumb_l_img_00991.jpg

Man, I hate to see that. My oldest son plays for the LH 8th grade team this year. He is also the punter. He took a hit just like that Thursday during punting drills on his plant leg. We thought it was bad. He was in a lot of pain. Luckily, he is fine and just a little sore.

I hope this young man is ok and has a speedy recovery.

95mustang
09-12-2009, 11:24 AM
Where is the poll for this one?

ivchris
09-12-2009, 11:30 AM
I see Liberty Hill winning twice next Friday.

1. Beating Brownwood
2. Dinner at Underwood's.
:D

Sweetwater Red
09-12-2009, 11:35 AM
No-brainer

LH Panther Mom
09-12-2009, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
I'm still trying to not be fooled by the 7-2 or the 7-6. :hand:

Old Tiger
09-12-2009, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I'm still trying to not be fooled by the 7-2 or the 7-6. :hand: Be fooled! :cool:

Sweetwater Red
09-12-2009, 11:39 AM
Damn! That was quick! It was almost like magic or something.:D :nerd:

Looking4number8
09-12-2009, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by 95mustang
Where is the poll for this one?

Sweet 95, look what you got done, and thanks Red for making us R1 game of the week.. Hope we live up to the challange this week.

95mustang
09-12-2009, 11:42 AM
Sweet 95, look what you got done, and thanks Red for making us R1 game of the week.. Hope we live up to the challange this week.

That was quick.

IHStangFan
09-12-2009, 11:48 AM
LH's D was able to hold a potent Giddings offense to what was it....28 points? I like LH's D to keep them in this one allowing for their O to put up enough points to get by BW.

LH 20
BW 14

Charlie47
09-12-2009, 11:51 AM
I hope my wife doesn't find out I voted against Brownwood,
but I lived in the Hill Country for too many years. I had a deep
respect for the LH program. So I have to say;
Liberty Hill 21
Brownwood 14

I would love to see it and also go to Underwoods! The peach cobler and rolls, Umm good.

I will have to be cheering for my Lovejoy Leopards!:clap:

DevotedPanther
09-12-2009, 01:17 PM
I have some maroon running in my blood (BHS '88) BUT I have to vote for my Panthers for the win. I know a certain Brownwood player who is more than eager to talk smack to me after the game if they win, so I'm hoping for a great game, no injuries, and a BIG Panther win around 10:00pm Friday night. Go LHHS! I'm a good smack talker myself! ;)

Trashman
09-12-2009, 01:36 PM
What seemed like a certain W for Brownwood last week, is in question this week. Brownwood by 3.:thinking:

Daddy B 12
09-12-2009, 02:50 PM
2 BIG reasons why LH's D is going to hold their own:

1) Brownwoods offense is not near as dangerous as last years without Casey Pachall and his go to guys Parker Taylor and Shelby Miller. They were unstoppable.
2) Brownwoods QB is injured and will not be playing which will put an inexperienced signal caller in the backfield, and Shipley will not be playing.

These two things will cause Brownwood to run the ball more and rely on shorter passes rather than airing it out all night like last year. LH defenses have always had very little problems stopping these types of offenses and this years defense is no different from any other we have had in the past.

Now I know we just wooped Manor which is not a very big accomplishment because it is what was expected, but it is a confidence booster for the kids on the team because they did what was expected of them. The offense looked good last night with Fickel at FB, Lawhorn at HB, and Foster at TB. Night and day difference from the Giddings game. Fickel brings that attitude back to the huddle that Liberty Hill offenses have always had and its what the Panthers need.

Again, I know it was Manors defense out there not Giddings' and that its easy to be pumped up when your killing someone, but the "swagger" was back last night and the overall speed of the offense was 10 times faster, and it was 10 times smoother, and if you know anything about the Slot-T you know its all about the speed.

I look for the Panthers to come into Brownwood fired up and ready to show the rest of 3a that they are on the rise.

garciap77
09-12-2009, 03:07 PM
BW 14 LH 13. Good luck to both teams.

STANG RED
09-12-2009, 03:12 PM
If The Wood was healthy, I think they'd win this one with ease, especially being at home. But as it is now LH should pull this one out by a score or two. If some of the wounded make it back, and all the sick boys get there strength back, its a toss up. I figure at least a few will get back, but it may not be enough.
LH 24
Wood 21

j_dog
09-12-2009, 03:17 PM
LH pulls out a close one. :)

Rocket
09-12-2009, 04:47 PM
Brownwood 27
LH 21

Rocket
09-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Daddy B 12
2 BIG reasons why LH's D is going to hold their own:

1) Brownwoods offense is not near as dangerous as last years without Casey Pachall and his go to guys Parker Taylor and Shelby Miller. They were unstoppable.
2) Brownwoods QB is injured and will not be playing which will put an inexperienced signal caller in the backfield, and Shipley will not be playing.

These two things will cause Brownwood to run the ball more and rely on shorter passes rather than airing it out all night like last year. LH defenses have always had very little problems stopping these types of offenses and this years defense is no different from any other we have had in the past.

Now I know we just wooped Manor which is not a very big accomplishment because it is what was expected, but it is a confidence booster for the kids on the team because they did what was expected of them. The offense looked good last night with Fickel at FB, Lawhorn at HB, and Foster at TB. Night and day difference from the Giddings game. Fickel brings that attitude back to the huddle that Liberty Hill offenses have always had and its what the Panthers need.

Again, I know it was Manors defense out there not Giddings' and that its easy to be pumped up when your killing someone, but the "swagger" was back last night and the overall speed of the offense was 10 times faster, and it was 10 times smoother, and if you know anything about the Slot-T you know its all about the speed.

I look for the Panthers to come into Brownwood fired up and ready to show the rest of 3a that they are on the rise.

There is so much about Brownwood that you don't know. What you are saying makes a little sense, but not accurate. LH has their hands full this week. Trust me on that.

BuckeyeNut
09-12-2009, 05:46 PM
Gilmer beats u both :):D :D

Looking4number8
09-12-2009, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Black Flag

Been drinking??? we were not talking about Gilmer... Ticks me off that you start drinking without me!!! Next time invite me over first! After a few FREE BEERS I might agree with you.... but not right now:)

pirate4state
09-12-2009, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
There is so much about Brownwood that you don't know. What you are saying makes a little sense, but not accurate. LH has their hands full this week. Trust me on that. LOL

GO PANTHERS!!!

atex88
09-12-2009, 05:57 PM
where is this being played?

Looking4number8
09-12-2009, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by atex88
where is this being played?

in Brownwood

Daddy B 12
09-12-2009, 07:04 PM
There is so much about Brownwood that you don't know. What you are saying makes a little sense, but not accurate. LH has their hands full this week. Trust me on that.

I may have been wrong about some things, but i do know that your back up QB isnt going to be a Casey Pachall, and he wont be able to sit back there and pick apart our defense. You cannot tell me that losing your starting QB is not going to throw a kink into your game plan.

Were going to come into this game with confidence on both sides of the ball and alot of excitement and i expect a good close game.

Looking4number8
09-12-2009, 07:19 PM
We have no info if the starting QB will be playing or not. He came off the field by himself, albit with a big time limp... he may be 100% Friday and he may be out for the season... We have no idea yet. Hope we find out soon but I would be Shipley keeps a lid on it

Trashman
09-12-2009, 07:26 PM
I may have been wrong about some things, but i do know that your back up QB isnt going to be a Casey Pachall, and he wont be able to sit back there and pick apart our defense. You cannot tell me that losing your starting QB is not going to throw a kink into your game plan.

Were going to come into this game with confidence on both sides of the ball and alot of excitement and i expect a good close game.

While it is true, we may or may not have Graylon back on Friday. I am sure that Coach Shipley will put in a special package of plays designed for the strengths of the backup QB. With that said, if you do not prepare for every contingency, LH may go home with their tails tucked between their legs.:D

Tx Challenge
09-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
While it is true, we may or may not have Graylon back on Friday. I am sure that Coach Shipley will put in a special package of plays designed for the strengths of the backup QB. With that said, if you do not prepare for every contingency, LH may go home with their tails tucked between their legs.:D

No tails between our legs. We will bring our best game to the table. Shipley knows our offense in his days at Burnet. We are a better team than we get credit for. We will play hard as will Brownwood. Good luck to both teams, but I feel my Panthers take this one by at least 7.... I pray both teams are heathy and ready for battle:cool: :) See you Friday night in Brownwood!

95mustang
09-13-2009, 01:00 AM
I may have been wrong about some things, but i do know that your back up QB isnt going to be a Casey Pachall

Pachall was a back-up when he was a sophmore and was "discovered" when our starting qb that year got injured. You never know what is in the cupboard waiting to be discovered.

Daddy B 12
09-13-2009, 01:30 AM
Pachall was a back-up when he was a sophmore and was "discovered" when our starting qb that year got injured. You never know what is in the cupboard waiting to be discovered.
There won't be another Casey Pachall for a while. Players like that dont just come through every other year.

Anyway, i hope that your QB isnt hurt and that he is 100% on friday night. I'd hate for his season to end in week 3 and I'd hate to hear that as an excuse for the rest of the season. LOL :D

Looking4number8
09-13-2009, 09:59 AM
There won't be another Casey Pachall for a while. Players like that dont just come through every other year.

Anyway, i hope that your QB isnt hurt and that he is 100% on friday night. I'd hate for his season to end in week 3 and I'd hate to hear that as an excuse for the rest of the season. LOL :D

not gonna make any excuses, every team has to deal with injuries, that is just a part of football. The back up on Friday appeared to have a very good arm but not quite as mobile. He did not do great but he was just tossed in so sudden, he was out of sink with the rest of the team. i think with a week of practice, the kid might be pretty good.... after all, he did make the varsity as a sophomore, Shipley and crew must have some faith in him!

OldBison75
09-13-2009, 01:17 PM
I have been a LH fan for the last two years and still believe they are one of the top 3A programs around. I watched Brownwood have a rough time last year with alot offense but no defense. Last week the Lions played a very good team and the outcome was very disheartening.

LH is starting to get the new feet in the Slot-T and just might be starting to hit on most cyllinders. Brownwood has already improved thier defense by light years over the team from a year ago. Both teams have still got work to do, but I think that Brownwood has the most to prove right now. Coach Shipley will have the troops ready no matter who they may be this week.

This will be a very good game between two quality programs and coaching staff's. I think that this will come down to the last score with Brownwood making a two point conversion that wins the game. Brownwood by 1.

Daddy B 12
09-13-2009, 04:04 PM
not gonna make any excuses, every team has to deal with injuries, that is just a part of football. The back up on Friday appeared to have a very good arm but not quite as mobile. He did not do great but he was just tossed in so sudden, he was out of sink with the rest of the team. i think with a week of practice, the kid might be pretty good.... after all, he did make the varsity as a sophomore, Shipley and crew must have some faith in him!
Im sure hel do just fine, like you said hes on varsity for a reason. Hopefully your starter is alright and gets to come back soon.

Good luck to both teams this week in practice! I cant wait to listen to this one on KMAC come friday night.

olddog73
09-13-2009, 05:21 PM
Just make sure they don't switch officials on you at the last minute, with out giving the 24 hour notice to the visiting coach like the rules call for.:eek:

Rocket
09-13-2009, 05:33 PM

You guys definitely have an advantage this week. We are banged up. 6-7 players out that are very influential in our rhythm and playmaking abilities. Players that play both ways at that. Excuse? sure but our team is the Brownwood Lions and that is what shows up on the scoreboard. Good luck to the Panthers and take it easy on us. We just need to be healthy by district.

Looking4number8
09-13-2009, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by olddog73
Just make sure they don't switch officials on you at the last minute, with out giving the 24 hour notice to the visiting coach like the rules call for.:eek:

:thinking: :thinking: ???

Looking4number8
09-13-2009, 06:15 PM
You guys definitely have an advantage this week. We are banged up. 6-7 players out that are very influential in our rhythm and playmaking abilities. Players that play both ways at that. Excuse? sure but our team is the Brownwood Lions and that is what shows up on the scoreboard. Good luck to the Panthers and take it easy on us. We just need to be healthy by district.

I know we are banged up, but always bet on Maroon... never bet on purple, we should win just because they wear purple!

ccmom
09-13-2009, 06:19 PM
I heard something about that, but I chose to believe it was just an honest mistake.

BEAST
09-13-2009, 07:40 PM
Here's the deal, and I'm gonna shoot dang straight. I've never seen (heard cuz I was with my wife at the hospital) a quarter that was a bigger disaster than last weeks 3rd quarter. We roll into this game with something like 9 starting slots open due to injury. Really 7 kids but some of them play both sides. Heck at MLB, both the starter and the back up are banged up. Is this an excuse, well yes, but it is fact. At this point a very promising season is on the brink. I honestly don't care the outcome of either of our next 2 games. I just hope we are healthy by district.

BEAST

bwdlionfan
09-13-2009, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Here's the deal, and I'm gonna shoot dang straight. I've never seen (heard cuz I was with my wife at the hospital) a quarter that was a bigger disaster than last weeks 3rd quarter. We roll into this game with something like 9 starting slots open due to injury. Really 7 kids but some of them play both sides. Heck at MLB, both the starter and the back up are banged up. Is this an excuse, well yes, but it is fact. At this point a very promising season is on the brink. I honestly don't care the outcome of either of our next 2 games. I just hope we are healthy by district.

BEAST

Well said Beast. I could care less if we lose the next two as long as we get healthy.

orange machine
09-13-2009, 09:23 PM
Like it has been stated i think Brownwood would win if healthy, but since they are not i think LH takes this one. LH is like Celina this year its gonna take awhile to get rolling, but when they do they are on there way.

Daddy D 11
09-13-2009, 10:15 PM

Well we were supposed to trust you about last weeks Brownwood game? :D

What a difference two weeks makes huh guys?
Two weeks ago LH was coming off three bad performances (La Grange, Waco Connally and Giddings). The Panthers had no confidence and no experience. They had been around winning their whole, young football lives..but they'd never actually gone out and done the winning themselves. The Wylie week rolls around and they put in a GREAT week of practice and get nothing to show for it. But, most will agree that was a good thing! Then, they have yet another good week of practice leading up to the Manor game. Friday finally comes and they gain a whole helluva lot from that game. Not only do they get their only returning offensive starter back...All-State FB Ryan Fickel..They finally got that swagger LH swagger back. They might not have gained experience in the battle tested categories, but the Panthers learned Friday what it feels like to sustain a long offensive drive, and finish it in a touchdown. Then they learned what it feels like to run back out onto the field because either the Defense forced a three and out, or they punched a ball loose and recovered it. The Panthers learned what it feels like to stomp on the opponents throat and finish em when they are down. Yes it was lowly Manor, but that's EXACTLY what LH needed! This group of kids needed a game where the fans got behind them, their coaches got fired up on the sidelines and most of all, their teammates got fired up after each play.

So, LH now rolls into Brownwood on an emotional high so to speak. They've got the town behind em and they've got their whole team back healthy and they've got that kind of blind confidence that leads to real big things. Brownwood on the other hand rolls in on the cusp of a absolute donkey stomping, a game in which they couldn't move the ball to save their lives, and a game that they lost their starting QB and maybe a few others.

Yes, Brownwood has proven themselves a little more this early in the year, but that confidence is gone now. It's a completely even game Friday and right now, I think the advantage has to go to LH. If Brownwood is gonna try that power running game thats "built to wear down defenses" it ain't gonna be a pretty night for the Wittle Lions. The staple of any Vance defense is a stout run defense and this year is no exception. Gidding's run oriented offense was forced to pass against a LH defense that spent damn near the whole first quarter and game on the field. Now that LH's offense has seen what a fresh LH Defense can do, I'd look for a couple long, well executed 4 down Firstdowns outta LH this week. The LH offense doesnt even have to score, they just need to hold the ball long enough to keep the defense fresh, if that happens, Brownwood will not be able to move the ball on the ground. And who knows, Brownwoods backup QB could be the next Pachall? But, I'd bet my bottom dollar he's like any other Texas 3A Backup QB. If he can't gain respect with the passing game early, that LH defense is gonna be rollin' down hill all night long. The most interesting matchup to me goes to the LH O-line verse the Brownwood D-line..I think Brownwood is gonna pose some problems for us in the trenches..with that said:

LH wins 26-20:D

Just kidding, I really do not know! I say it's a toss up.
That was just a fun ramble to kick off the week:devil:

BEAST
09-13-2009, 10:15 PM
Look, I'm not saying we don't have a chance. This is in our house. Our boys will bow those necks up and fight. I'm just stating that due to crazy circumstances, we are in a bit of a bind. We will still be good when all this settles out. We will give LH hell as much as we can. We are just going to be pretty thin at some key positions.

BEAST

Rocket
09-13-2009, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Well we were supposed to trust you about last weeks Brownwood game? :D

What a difference two weeks makes huh guys?
Two weeks ago LH was coming off three bad performances (La Grange, Waco Connally and Giddings). The Panthers had no confidence and no experience. They had been around winning their whole, young football lives..but they'd never actually gone out and done the winning themselves. The Wylie week rolls around and they put in a GREAT week of practice and get nothing to show for it. But, most will agree that was a good thing! Then, they have yet another good week of practice leading up to the Manor game. Friday finally comes and they gain a whole helluva lot from that game. Not only do they get their only returning offensive starter back...All-State FB Ryan Fickel..They finally got that swagger LH swagger back. They might not have gained experience in the battle tested categories, but the Panthers learned Friday what it feels like to sustain a long offensive drive, and finish it in a touchdown. Then they learned what it feels like to run back out onto the field because either the Defense forced a three and out, or they punched a ball loose and recovered it. The Panthers learned what it feels like to stomp on the opponents throat and finish em when they are down. Yes it was lowly Manor, but that's EXACTLY what LH needed! This group of kids needed a game where the fans got behind them, their coaches got fired up on the sidelines and most of all, their teammates got fired up after each play.

So, LH now rolls into Brownwood on an emotional high so to speak. They've got the town behind em and they've got their whole team back healthy and they've got that kind of blind confidence that leads to real big things. Brownwood on the other hand rolls in on the cusp of a absolute donkey stomping, a game in which they couldn't move the ball to save their lives, and a game that they lost their starting QB and maybe a few others.

Yes, Brownwood has proven themselves a little more this early in the year, but that confidence is gone now. It's a completely even game Friday and right now, I think the advantage has to go to LH. If Brownwood is gonna try that power running game thats "built to wear down defenses" it ain't gonna be a pretty night for the Wittle Lions. The staple of any Vance defense is a stout run defense and this year is no exception. Gidding's run oriented offense was forced to pass against a LH defense that spent damn near the whole first quarter and game on the field. Now that LH's offense has seen what a fresh LH Defense can do, I'd look for a couple long, well executed 4 down Firstdowns outta LH this week. The LH offense doesnt even have to score, they just need to hold the ball long enough to keep the defense fresh, if that happens, Brownwood will not be able to move the ball on the ground. And who knows, Brownwoods backup QB could be the next Pachall? But, I'd bet my bottom dollar he's like any other Texas 3A Backup QB. If he can't gain respect with the passing game early, that LH defense is gonna be rollin' down hill all night long. The most interesting matchup to me goes to the LH O-line verse the Brownwood D-line..I think Brownwood is gonna pose some problems for us in the trenches..with that said:

LH wins 26-20:D

Just kidding, I really do not know! I say it's a toss up.
That was just a fun ramble to kick off the week:devil:

It should be a good game. I am not counting us out by any means. Just saying we have bigger goals in mind. Beating LH at Home would be sweet. It will be tough, but very doable.

The thing about emotional highs is that they are usually short lived. Especially when the other team keeps fighting. Manor, we all know, quits after you hit them in the mouth twice.

I love how you guys get hyped up after beating a cupcake. We all know that Wylie would have dankey stomped a new mudhole in your butts.

One more thing to think about. Do you guys remember the JV score from last year's Brownwood-LH game?

Daddy D 11
09-14-2009, 12:08 AM
I love how you guys get hyped up after beating a cupcake. We all know that Wylie would have dankey stomped a new mudhole in your butts.

Oh you mean like Stephenville did?:D

Footballhudini
09-14-2009, 05:50 AM
liberty hill should get its 2nd win rather easily against a depleted and not-very-good brownwood team. something like

lh 47
bw 8

SHSBulldog00
09-14-2009, 06:46 AM
LH will improve to 2-1 with this W over a depleted Lion Roster.

Rocket
09-14-2009, 08:13 AM
Oh you mean like Stephenville did?:D

Stephenville would have stomped a mudhole in Wylie's butt, as well. :D

garciap77
09-14-2009, 08:22 AM

Just like 4A #9 Frenship did Firday night!:rolleyes:

Rocket
09-14-2009, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
Just like 4A #9 Frenship did Firday night!:rolleyes:

Good job. You beat Frenship. Not Stephenville. Don't sleep on La Vega. :sleeping: :tisk: :thumbsup:

awylie8
09-14-2009, 11:45 AM

We will never know, but I feel sure it wouldn't have been 35-0. Our first team defense has not been scored on this year. Don"t worry, with the schedule we have, we don't look passsed anyone. Hugh will see to that.

Rocket
09-14-2009, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by awylie8
We will never know, but I feel sure it wouldn't have been 35-0. Our first team defense has not been scored on this year. Don"t worry, with the schedule we have, we don't look passsed anyone. Hugh will see to that.

That is impressive on your defense. I am interested to see how you guys match up with La Vega. I am sure Wylie will win.

garciap77
09-14-2009, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Coach BS

If you did not have the BS after Coach, I might have taken you seriously! :D

;)

Daddy D 11
09-14-2009, 01:22 PM
If you did not have the BS after Coach, I might have taken you seriously! :D

;)

If he knew proper grammar that might help too.

Oh, Rocket is dumb:devil: :p

BwdLion_80
09-14-2009, 02:03 PM

You must be listening to the boys in green and white on this! I can tell you this, there was no changing officials at the last minute without 24 hour notice. The Pecan Valley Chapter has been calling Brownwood's non district home games for a very long time, just as they did when Burnet came here. It is true that a crew came in from Abilene too, but they drove all this way due to a mistake on their assignors part! The Abilene guys were told this when they went on the field and talked to Coach Shipley. They were also paid for the game that they did not call plus mileage.

What I don't understand is why the officials from Abilene, or the coach from Burnet, were in contact with each other. It is pretty common practice, for a visiting coach if he wants to know who the officials are for a game, to contact the home team head coach about it. I have called numerous games in football, baseball, softball and basketball, and I have never contacted or been contacted by the visiting teams coach!

ccmom
09-14-2009, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
You must be listening to the boys in green and white on this! I can tell you this, there was no changing officials at the last minute without 24 hour notice. The Pecan Valley Chapter has been calling Brownwood's non district home games for a very long time, just as they did when Burnet came here. It is true that a crew came in from Abilene too, but they drove all this way due to a mistake on their assignors part! The Abilene guys were told this when they went on the field and talked to Coach Shipley. They were also paid for the game that they did not call plus mileage.

What I don't understand is why the officials from Abilene, or the coach from Burnet, were in contact with each other. It is pretty common practice, for a visiting coach if he wants to know who the officials are for a game, to contact the home team head coach about it. I have called numerous games in football, baseball, softball and basketball, and I have never contacted or been contacted by the visiting teams coach!

Like I posted earlier, I think it was an honest mistake. I am curious, however...if this was all a mistake by the Abilene chapter, then why is Brownwood still paying the crew for the game, when they didn't work it?

awylie8
09-14-2009, 02:58 PM
That is impressive on your defense. I am interested to see how you guys match up with La Vega. I am sure Wylie will win.

As this is a Brownwood post, i'll just say one more thing in response, We'll find out Friday night. Thanks for your confidence.

awylie8
09-14-2009, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Like I posted earlier, I think it was an honest mistake. I am curious, however...if this was all a mistake by the Abilene chapter, then why is Brownwood still paying the crew for the game, when they didn't work it?

The Abilene Chapter would not have sent a crew if it had not been assigned. IMO the ball was dropped in Brownwood or they would not have been paid by BISD. If it was a chapter mistake then they would have been paid by Abilene TASO.

ccmom
09-14-2009, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by awylie8
The Abilene Chapter would not have sent a crew if it had not been assigned. IMO the ball was dropped in Brownwood or they would not have been paid by BISD. If it was a chapter mistake then they would have been paid by Abilene TASO.

Exactly my point...;)

ccmom
09-14-2009, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80

And for what it's worth, the reason the Burnet coach knew that the Abilene Chapter was planning to call the game is because both coaches were notified via email through the website that the Abilene Chapter uses. The confusion came because at the district meeting, Shipley agreed that the Abilene Chapter would call Brownwood home games. However, being that he is new to this district, he had no way of knowing that the PV Chapter would threaten to not work the subvarsity games, if they were not allowed to call the pre-district varsity games, as well. Again, I don't think there was any kind of "funny business" going on at all. I think it was a mistake. However, since you were quick to blame the mistake on the Abilene Chapter, I felt a little more info on the matter should be shared. As far as why the Burnet coaches, or whomever decided to take issue with all this after the game was played....who knows?? It seems trivial to me. (funny that I say it's trivial after I typed a novel on the subject...LOL) ;)

ccmom
09-14-2009, 04:21 PM
Back to the subject at hand, I think a healthy Brownwood team would beat LV by at least 2 TDs. However, given the unfortunate condition of the Lions this week....

LV wins by 7

I fully expect the Lions to be back in good shape by Oct 9th, and for the district race to start off with a great game at Gordon Wood. Good luck and a speedy recovery to the Lions.:)

pirate4state
09-14-2009, 04:33 PM
One more thing to think about. Do you guys remember the JV score from last year's Brownwood-LH game? Now, now...what does this matter? Haven't you told us, repeatedly, that last year is behind you and no longer relevant? And haven't you also told us that F/JV scores mean nothing in relation to varsity games? :tisk: :tisk:

Silly Lion :D

Rocket
09-14-2009, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Now, now...what does this matter? Haven't you told us, repeatedly, that last year is behind you and no longer relevant? And haven't you also told us that F/JV scores mean nothing in relation to varsity games? :tisk: :tisk:

Silly Lion :D

In a rebuilding year for both teams, it's very relevant.

Looking4number8
09-14-2009, 07:22 PM

I know I am quoting myself but actually it is the only smart post on this whole thread... I still say Brownwood by 14, if only because LH still wears those ugly purple uniforms:)

orange machine
09-14-2009, 07:23 PM

Your crazy Wylie would make a game of it. By the way if i remember right i thought the Brownwood offense would as good as last years Brownwood offense. This years offense is not even in the same league as Brownwoods offense last year.

Looking4number8
09-14-2009, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Your crazy Wylie would make a game of it. By the way if i remember right i thought the Brownwood offense would as good as last years Brownwood offense. This years offense is not even in the same league as Brownwoods offense last year.

Just shows what you know. I love the 2009 version of Brownwood offense but no way could we be as good as last year. Last year we had a D1 qb (TCU), a D1 lineman (LSU), a receiver that got a full ride at Arkansas Pine Bluff (not sure how they are classified), another guy that could have gone D1 receiver, kicker, punter or as a qb if he would have continued to play that position if he did not go straight to the pros as a major league pitcher... That's a lot of talent on offense.. before you jump on me, we know, no matter how good your offense is if you have no defense, you still will not win, we sure learned that last year.

I will also take this opportunity to say that is why we thought we would roll right thru the 3A last year, we thought with that talent and if Vaccarro ((who was going to play both ways) would have stayed we would have rolled right thru any class... We payed so much attention to that stout offense we had no ides we had the worst defense in 3A or any class

Daddy D 11
09-14-2009, 07:37 PM
Just shows what you know. I love the 2009 version of Brownwood offense but no way could we be as good as last year. Last year we had a D1 qb (TCU), a D1 lineman (LSU), a reciever that got a full ride at Arkansaw Pine Bluff (not sure how they are classified), another guy that could have gone D1 reciever, kicker, punter or as a qb if he would have continued to play that position if he did not go straight to the pros as a major league pitcher... Thats a lot of talent on offense.. before you jump on me, we know, no matter how good your offense is if you have no defense, you still will not win, we sure learned that last year.

I will also take this oppertunity to say that is why we thought we would roll right thru the 3A last year, we thought with that talent and if Vaccarro ((who was going to play both ways) would have stayed we would have rolled right thru any class... We payed so much attention to that stout offense we had no ides we had the worst defense in 3A or any class

Great Post man!:clap:

orange machine
09-14-2009, 08:28 PM
Just shows what you know. I love the 2009 version of Brownwood offense but no way could we be as good as last year. Last year we had a D1 qb (TCU), a D1 lineman (LSU), a receiver that got a full ride at Arkansas Pine Bluff (not sure how they are classified), another guy that could have gone D1 receiver, kicker, punter or as a qb if he would have continued to play that position if he did not go straight to the pros as a major league pitcher... That's a lot of talent on offense.. before you jump on me, we know, no matter how good your offense is if you have no defense, you still will not win, we sure learned that last year.

I will also take this opportunity to say that is why we thought we would roll right thru the 3A last year, we thought with that talent and if Vaccarro ((who was going to play both ways) would have stayed we would have rolled right thru any class... We payed so much attention to that stout offense we had no ides we had the worst defense in 3A or any class

The reason i said that i thought this offense was supposed to be as good as last season's is because Rocket and believe a few others from Brownwood said that this years offesne would be as good if not better than last years.

daug
09-14-2009, 08:29 PM
Lions will finish 5-5. Playoffs are shakey for them now. I am still waiting for Crocket to say that Stephenville played a perfect game and thats the only way they won.

pirate4state
09-14-2009, 08:41 PM
In a rebuilding year for both teams, it's very relevant. LOL I love how you change the rules to suit you.

daug
09-14-2009, 08:48 PM
That's Crocket for you.

garciap77
09-14-2009, 09:32 PM
The reason i said that i thought this offense was supposed to be as good as last season's is because Rocket and believe a few others from Brownwood said that this years offesne would be as good if not better than last years.

NO WAY! Rocket wouldn't say that!:rolleyes:

;)

95mustang
09-14-2009, 10:10 PM

Things change. Now we just hope to have eveyone healthy for District.

Rocket
09-14-2009, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
LOL I love how you change the rules to suit you.

In the situation between LH and Brownwood, both rebuilding, young teams, I would say the JV game from last year might give you a good preview of what's to come. I didn't say since we KILLED LH last year on the JV level we will win Friday night.

Rocket
09-15-2009, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by daug
Lions will finish 5-5. Playoffs are shakey for them now. I am still waiting for Crocket to say that Stephenville played a perfect game and thats the only way they won.

I see you fixed your location spelling. Still don't know how to spell dog.

Rocket
09-15-2009, 12:12 AM

I think as the season goes on our offense is going to raise some eyebrows. When I made those statements, BM, I was talking about us 100% with Jaxon Shipley actually playing. The Ville game is not an accurate representation of the 2009 Brownwood Lions, but let's just let the team do what they do and we can sort the comparisons out in the end.

If I am correct, and I usually am, Brownwood didn't have their break out game offensively until ummmmm Liberty Hill last year. Up to this point, our offense last year was mediocre, averaging about 28 points a game where this team is averaging 17.

We have a much better running game this season and we have a True D1 WR. We do not have the QB we had last year, but this system does not require scoring every position to win. Much better defense this season.

Again, let it play out BM, before you call me out. If by the end of the season I am wrong? THEN WHOOPTY DOOO...first time for everything.

Daddy D 11
09-15-2009, 02:34 AM
If I am correct, and I usually am, Brownwood didn't Again, let it play out BM, before you call me out. If by the end of the season I am wrong? THEN WHOOPTY DOOO...first time for everything.

It'd be the second time.

Looking4number8
09-15-2009, 08:02 AM
Coach Shipley said on the news this morning that at the end of the Stephenville game we were short 5 offensive and 4 defensive starters ( I assume kids playing both ways are counted twice). He said some would be back this week but did not say how many. He also said we should be close to 100% by the Manor game.

That still does not answer what we will have this friday but from his tone, I really don't think he knows yet. I really really want to beat LH but honestly I am starting to think if someone is border line they should sit this week out and heal. This is more a game of pride and not a must win game so I have to change my score prediction.

Brownwood by 13... (I hate lowering my standards)

LH_Tuff
09-15-2009, 08:05 AM
Brownwood by 13... (I hate lowering my standards)

Your getting closer. :thinking:

Rocket
09-15-2009, 08:13 AM
It'd be the second time.

Who's counting?:D

DaHop72
09-15-2009, 08:38 AM

If I am correct, and I usually am. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ranger Mom
09-15-2009, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I got a giggle out of that one too!!:)

STANG RED
09-15-2009, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I got a giggle out of that one too!!:)

Not me, I nearly busted a gut laughing when I read it. My sides are still hurting from laughing so hard. :D

Rocket
09-15-2009, 11:30 AM
LOL I am so glad you people are finally getting my humor.

Daddy D 11
09-15-2009, 01:41 PM
LOL I am so glad you people are finally getting my humor.

Won't be making the game in Brownwood Rocket:(
Instead, I'm going to be in a suite at DKR in Austin Texas watching the Horns annihilate the Red Raiders:D

The "tailgating" downtown starts Friday night...and picks back up EARLY Saturday morning for College Gameday:devil:

Super_R
09-15-2009, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Black Flag

Gomer beat LH?

Brownwood getst smoked like a bag of has on a Cheech and Chong movie!

Come on with the come on!

Looking4number8
09-15-2009, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Super_R
Gomer beat LH?

Come on with the come on!

What?... Oh, you mean we get smoked like the bag of HASH you have been smoking... I get it now

SHSBulldog00
09-15-2009, 03:35 PM
The Panther's will be ready for the Lions after they tasted victory last week. Go Liberty Hill.

LE Dad
09-15-2009, 03:44 PM
Gomer beat LH?

Come on with the come on! Dude I can overlook the typos but :doh: PLEASE :rolleyes: no more Pat Benetar quotes! :tisk: :tisk:

LH_Tuff
09-15-2009, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Dude I can overlook the typos but :doh: PLEASE :rolleyes: no more Pat Benetar quotes! :tisk: :tisk:

LE Dad - Let me formally introduce you to Super R. Come on with the Come On is not just a tag line for him. ;)

Daddy D 11
09-15-2009, 05:10 PM
Dude I can overlook the typos but :doh: PLEASE :rolleyes: no more Pat Benetar quotes! :tisk: :tisk:

This is a LH thread not a LE thread.

Daddy D 11
09-15-2009, 05:13 PM
It's 5:13 and Brownwood still sucks:devil:

LE Dad
09-15-2009, 05:44 PM
This is a LH thread not a LE thread. Lol and I picked ya'll to win. How can I take my vote back. :confused: :confused:

Brownwood 24 LH 18:clap: :clap:

and who the... would bust out with a 80's freakn song quote?? A sucky one at that!

No seriously, I did vote LH. I put out 2 wks ago that LH needed 2 wks and they would look better. Last week I put out that Wylie being cancelled was a good thing and that the Manor game would increase LH confidence. That on top of Brownwood injuries should mean victory for LH.... Unless Bwd gets an early 2 score lead then it's lights out.
:rolleyes: NOW get off my back D 11 ! Geez

Daddy D 11
09-15-2009, 05:50 PM
What?... Oh, you mean we get smoked like the bag of HASH you have been smoking... I get it now

You sold it to him.:p

Looking4number8
09-15-2009, 06:30 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Daddy D 11
You sold it to him.:p [/QUOTE

gotta pay the kids college some how:)

Daddy D 11
09-15-2009, 06:39 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Daddy D 11
You sold it to him.:p [/QUOTE

gotta pay the kids college some how:)

Heck yeah, but you've gotta excuse Super R, if it's after 9 A.M you can bet your bottom dollar he's already 10 deep into a case of Pabst:D

:1popcorn:

Looking4number8
09-16-2009, 12:09 PM
This may be the region 1 game of the week but this thread sucks.. come on somebody, talk some crap... You LH guys talk crap about Brownwood 51 weeks a year, why are you taking this week off? Scared of getting beat by a bunch of back-ups?

garciap77
09-16-2009, 12:23 PM
This may be the region 1 game of the week but this thread sucks.. come on somebody, talk some crap... You LH guys talk crap about Brownwood 51 weeks a year, why are you taking this week off? Scared of getting beat by a bunch of back-ups?

:1popcorn: :sleeping:

LH_Tuff
09-16-2009, 12:28 PM

You Brownwood guys just generally talk crap. Why so quiet this week? And you don't have to hijack this thread. :p

Looking4number8
09-16-2009, 12:36 PM
You Brownwood guys just generally talk crap. Why so quiet this week? And you don't have to hijack this thread. :p

hijack the thread? It went 18 hours without anyone posting on it... I was just trying to keep it from being deleted... Any ways I usually dont talk a lot of trash.... (not that I never have) but it's no fun anyways with you LH guys taking naps all day...

LH_Tuff
09-16-2009, 12:38 PM
hijack the thread? It went 18 hours without anyone posting on it... I was just trying to keep it from being deleted... Any I usually dont talk a lot of trash.... (not that I never have) but it's no fun anyways with you LH guys taking naps all day...

Nap sounds good. :sleeping: I'll be back in awhile.

STANG RED
09-16-2009, 12:42 PM
Heck yeah, but you've gotta excuse Super R, if it's after 9 A.M you can bet your bottom dollar he's already 10 deep into a case of Pabst:D

Pabst??? LOL do they really still make that swill? I havent seen any in years. Actually it might be pretty decent beer, but its been so long since I've had any, I cant remember how it tasts.
For that matter, do they still make Pearl? Drank alot of that back in the day. It was pretty sorry beer, but it was always fun trying to figure out the limericks and sayings inside the bottle caps.

garciap77
09-16-2009, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Pabst??? LOL do they really still make that swill? I havent seen any in years. Actually it might be pretty decent beer, but its been so long since I've had any, I cant remember how it tasts.
For that matter, do they still make Pearl? Drank alot of that back in the day. It was pretty sorry beer, but it was always fun trying to figure out the limericks and sayings inside the bottle caps.

Remember Texas Pride? I think we bought a case for $4, back in the day!

Looking4number8
09-16-2009, 01:08 PM
Nap sounds good. :sleeping: I'll be back in awhile.

Ditto!

Looking4number8
09-16-2009, 01:11 PM

I remember stealing Schlitz beer out of my friends crazy uncle's fridge in his garage... later years we found out that he was not so crazy, he kept the good stuff hidden and made fun of us for stealing that nasty Schlitz

STANG RED
09-16-2009, 01:13 PM
Remember Texas Pride? I think we bought a case for $4, back in the day!

I remember it being around, and I'm sure I had some, but dont really remember how it tasted.
However I do remember having a can/bottle opener hanging from a string in my old pickup. And I carried an old church key in my pocket.:D
Remember the old push tops they had on coors for awhile, in an attempt to get rid of pull tabs? Still got scars on my thumbs and fingers that show that was a bad idea.

LMAO,,,:1offtopc: :hijacktd: :taunt:

Looking4number8
09-16-2009, 01:18 PM

Remember the old push tops they had on coors for awhile, in an attempt to get rid of pull tabs? Still got scars on my thumbs and fingers that show that was a bad idea.

LMAO,,,:1offtopc: :hijacktd: :taunt:

Worse than that, back then you did not have to have a desiginated driver, you had to have somebody stay sober so they could open those stupid push tops for everybody else...Those were rough!

95mustang
09-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Back to the game: LH should be smack talking they have the edge in this one (due to Lion injuries). Brownwood just wants to get through this week without anymore injuries.

Brownwood 24
LH: 17

hollywood
09-16-2009, 01:25 PM
So how confident are the LH folks this week? Lots of questions here. Shipley knows LH... anybody worried? What's Shipleys record against LH?

LH_Tuff
09-16-2009, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
So how confident are the LH folks this week? Lots of questions here. Shipley knows LH... anybody worried? What's Shipleys record against LH?

Not sure what his actual record is. I do know he always seemed to have LH's number. Especially with McGee and J. Shipley on the field. I don't believe he has that caliber of players in Brownwood.

LH_Tuff
09-16-2009, 03:16 PM
Back to the game: LH should be smack talking they have the edge in this one (due to Lion injuries). Brownwood just wants to get through this week without anymore injuries.

Brownwood 24
LH: 17

Why would LH smack talk? I would bet that most of the injured Brownwood players will be ready Friday night. I think it will be a good game. This LH team is in a growing mode right now. They will get better each week and will be ready for district play.

OK - Brownwood sucks!!!

ccmom
09-16-2009, 03:34 PM

OK - Brownwood sucks!!!

That's more like it!! ;)

Looking4number8
09-16-2009, 03:50 PM

OK - Brownwood sucks!!!

See now, does'nt that feel better?

LH_Tuff
09-16-2009, 03:53 PM
See now, does'nt that feel better?

Looking4number8 - Why are you the only BW poster? It is amazing what a difference a week makes. Heck, even Rocket has been on mute this week.

LE Dad
09-16-2009, 03:56 PM
Looking4number8 - Why are you the only BW poster? It is amazing what a difference a week makes. Heck, even Rocket has been on mute this week. LOL "Rocket Theory" !!:D

Looking4number8
09-16-2009, 03:58 PM
Looking4number8 - Why are you the only BW poster? It is amazing what a difference a week makes. Heck, even Rocket has been on mute this week.

I'm not the only Brownwood poster, 95mustang, hollywood, Bwdlions73 and bwdlions all still post daily Also sweetwaterRed and garciap77 are closet brownwood posters (plus a lot more of you love us, you just dont want to admit it):)

I think I am just the only smart a$$ left this week, the others seem to be pretty good guys

Looking4number8
09-16-2009, 04:00 PM
LOL "Rocket Theory" !!:D

oh yea, and LE Dad... he has more post on Brownwood threads than all of us BHS boys added together... THEREFORE YOU HAVE TO COUNT HIM AS A BROWNWOOD POSTER

LH_Tuff
09-16-2009, 04:19 PM
I'm not the only Brownwood poster, 95mustang, hollywood, Bwdlions73 and bwdlions all still post daily Also sweetwaterRed and garciap77 are closet brownwood posters (plus a lot more of you love us, you just dont want to admit it):)

I think I am just the only smart a$$ left this week, the others seem to be pretty good guys

I might agree with garciap77 being a closet fan. Brownwood is a suburb of Abilene. Right?

Looking4number8
09-16-2009, 04:34 PM
I might agree with garciap77 being a closet fan. Brownwood is a suburb of Abilene. Right?

LOL, Abilene is Brownwood's stepchild

garciap77
09-16-2009, 04:55 PM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/cazwateveroo11.gif

95mustang
09-16-2009, 05:48 PM

He's not alone!

LE Dad
09-16-2009, 06:16 PM
oh yea, and LE Dad... he has more post on Brownwood threads than all of us BHS boys added together... THEREFORE YOU HAVE TO COUNT HIM AS A BROWNWOOD POSTER :rolleyes: That was back when ppl actually read your threads.:doh: Now your threads need a sticky like a Hooters girl needs adhesive spray(since you guys in Bwd may not have that intimate of knowledge with Hooters girls, shoot me a PM and I will explain). Last I heard ya'll wanted to do something stupid like talk about stats and football. I didn't even know they played football in Brownwood. There are even ppl in Brownwood that didn't know, namely your players and coaches. Now put that up in your hash pipe and smoke it! :D :clap: Lol

garciap77
09-16-2009, 06:39 PM
:rolleyes: That was back when ppl actually read your threads.:doh: Now your threads need a sticky like a Hooters girl needs adhesive spray(since you guys in Bwd may not have that intimate of knowledge with Hooters girls, shoot me a PM and I will explain). Last I heard ya'll wanted to do something stupid like talk about stats and football. I didn't even know they played football in Brownwood. There are even ppl in Brownwood that didn't know, namely your players and coaches. Now put that up in your hash pipe and smoke it! :D :clap: Lol

Now come on LE DAD! You know if I want to find you I just open a BW thread and there you are! We know you are BW at heart! I believe you post more on BW threads than Rocket!:D

;)

LH Panther Mom
09-16-2009, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
5-1, with the "1" coming his last year there. Coincidence? ;)

Worried? LOL! Not me.

LE Dad
09-16-2009, 07:12 PM
Now come on LE DAD! You know if I want to find you I just open a BW thread and there you are! We know you are BW at heart! I believe you post more on BW threads than Rocket!:D

;) LOL. GP, I think you troll Bwd threads like Rocket trolls the Hobbs strip joints:doh: Anyway someone gotta show these guys some luv, their threads fade off the boards faster than the endzones in Sweetwater. They missed me :inlove: :D

garciap77
09-16-2009, 07:18 PM
LOL. GP, I think you troll Bwd threads like Rocket trolls the Hobbs strip joints:doh: Anyway someone gotta show these guys some luv, their threads fade off the boards faster than the endzones in Sweetwater. They missed me :inlove: :D

LOL

LE Dad
09-16-2009, 07:47 PM
Looking4number8 - Why are you the only BW poster? It is amazing what a difference a week makes. Heck, even Rocket has been on mute this week. Rockets behavior is a testiment to what a couple of visits with WOS87, a good anti - depressant, and ambien can do.:nerd: :nerd:

:D Smile Rocket, it is only week 3 !!!! :D

:clap: :clap:

Looking4number8
09-16-2009, 08:26 PM
:rolleyes: That was back when ppl actually read your threads.:doh: Now your threads need a sticky like a Hooters girl needs adhesive spray(since you guys in Bwd may not have that intimate of knowledge with Hooters girls, shoot me a PM and I will explain). Last I heard ya'll wanted to do something stupid like talk about stats and football. I didn't even know they played football in Brownwood. There are even ppl in Brownwood that didn't know, namely your players and coaches. Now put that up in your hash pipe and smoke it! :D :clap: Lol

Dude, I am not going to get in a pissing match with you.. I know that is what you love. And like Garcia said you are in EVERY BROWNWOOD THREAD!.. I challange you to find a brownwood thread that you have not posted on since you joined the downlow. I bet if I dug, I could find a dozen thread about some one else that you brought up Brownwood or at least one of our posters.

Listen, I will make you a deal. checkout these web sites below and pick your favorite... Send me the info and I will pay three months subscription for you... There you might find girl.... or a guy that you have something in common with... Maybe then you could have something to dream about instead of Brownwood

www.match.com
www.singlesnet.com
www.eharmony.com
www.plentyoffish.com
www.adultfriendfinder.com
www.onlinebootycall.com
www.positivesingles.com (this one is for people that have STD's might fit you)
www.russianeuro.com
www.loveme.com

surely you can find someone in all of those... Good luck to you

LE Dad
09-16-2009, 08:41 PM
Dude, I am not going to get in a pissing match with you.. I know that is what you love. And like Garcia said you are in EVERY BROWNWOOD THREAD!.. I challange you to find a brownwood thread that you not posted on since you joined the downlow. I bet if I dug, I could find a dozen thread about some one else that you brought up Brownwood or at least one of our posters.

Listen, I will make you a deal. checkout these web sites below and pick your favorite... Send me the info and I will pay three months subscription for you... There you might find girl.... or a guy that you have something in common with... Maybe then you could have something to dream about instead of Brownwood

www.match.com
www.singlesnet.com
www.eharmony.com
www.plentyoffish.com
www.onlinebootycall.com
www.russianeuro.com
www.loveme.com

surely you can find someone in all of those... Good luck to you Lol look back oh 2 or 3 pages to Brownwood QB or some such, better make page 8 it's dropping fast. Then probably next you will find two words probably bout page 30.

Let me know how it goes on those sites for ya?
:clap: :clap: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Looking4number8
09-16-2009, 08:50 PM
sorry man, i guess not being politically correct cost me getting it right for you. The "Dad" part threw me off, here is one you can probally use..

www.gayfriendfinder.com

Sorry for my mistake

Looking4number8
09-16-2009, 08:51 PM
nm

garciap77
09-16-2009, 09:00 PM
Dude, I am not going to get in a pissing match with you.. I know that is what you love. And like Garcia said you are in EVERY BROWNWOOD THREAD!.. I challange you to find a brownwood thread that you have not posted on since you joined the downlow. I bet if I dug, I could find a dozen thread about some one else that you brought up Brownwood or at least one of our posters.

www.match.com
www.singlesnet.com
www.eharmony.com
www.plentyoffish.com
www.onlinebootycall.com
www.russianeuro.com
www.loveme.com

surely you can find someone in all of those... Good luck to you

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing025.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing025.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing025.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)
That is wrong L4#8! :D

;)

LE Dad
09-16-2009, 09:31 PM
sorry man, i guess not being politically correct cost me getting it right for you. The "Dad" part threw me off, here is one you can probally use..

www.gayfriendfinder.com

Sorry for my mistake Boy now I see why you're a Brownwood fan!! Go boys Go.

Just playn dude . Know ya'll got the air knocked out of ya Friday. Thats why I haven't been ragging ya bout the loss. Good luck Friday. :clap: :clap:

atex88
09-16-2009, 10:32 PM
I plan on coming to this one. I have to talk the girl to come along but I think a shopping bribe will work.

Rocket
09-16-2009, 10:49 PM
I'm here. Just super busy this week. Ready to see how it plays out. Can't talk alot of trash when the studs aren't playing. Wylie week should be a fun one. ;) With that said, we don't need our studs to whoop Liberty Hill.

SintonFan
09-16-2009, 10:56 PM
I go with LH winning 35-31. :)

BEAST
09-16-2009, 11:07 PM
I'm here as well. Hey ledad. You should start a Liberty eyeloo thread and post there. Oh wait a sec........you would be the only posting.

You are like a tick on a dogs ass. No threat what so ever, but anoying for sure. Be gone tick.

BEAST

Daddy D 11
09-16-2009, 11:45 PM
I'm here as well. Hey ledad. You should start a Liberty eyeloo thread and post there. Oh wait a sec........you would be the only posting.

You are like a tick on a dogs ass. No threat what so ever, but anoying for sure. Be gone tick.

BEAST

I told him that a couple days ago. This is a LH thread not an LE thread.

And L4#8 is right, he is on almost every stinkin' Brownwood thread.

But with that said, its 11:45 PM and Brownwood still sucks.:devil:

Tx Challenge
09-17-2009, 12:04 AM
I told him that a couple days ago. This is a LH thread not an LE thread.

And L4#8 is right, he is on almost every stinkin' Brownwood thread.

But with that said, its 11:45 PM and Brownwood still sucks.:devil:

Sorry LE Dad.... There is Merit to this..If you are a closet Brownwood fan it is ok. We forgive you. Daddy D 11 it is 12:03 am and yes Brownwood still sucks

LE Dad
09-17-2009, 08:26 AM
Hey Beast, how would you describe Bwd offensive production thus far ?
like a tick on a dogs ass. No threat what so ever, but anoying for sure.

BEAST

LE Dad
09-17-2009, 08:48 AM
Wow L48 you the only one here? what happened to all those other Bwd whipping boysI'm here as well ledad. You the only posting?

BEAST

LE Dad
09-17-2009, 08:56 AM
Yes I am someone gotta make your thread relevant. :nerd:

LE Dad
09-17-2009, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
Sorry LE Dad.... There is Merit to this..If you are a closet Brownwood fan it is ok. We forgive you. Daddy D 11 it is 12:03 am and yes Brownwood still sucks LOL, the only thing Brownwood needs another fan for is to blow that wretched smell they produce the other direction. :doh: :doh:

I am sooooo glad ya'll were up past midnight discussing little ole me. Lol I was:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

LE Dad
09-17-2009, 09:18 AM
There that should put some life into this:sleeping: :sleeping: thread. Now ya'll have fun. Lol

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Looking4number8
09-17-2009, 12:43 PM
here you go Liberty Hill folks, here is one made for you

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/OV6fuQo9lpQ0Ao6G

garciap77
09-17-2009, 12:47 PM
here you go Liberty Hill folks, here is one made for you

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/OV6fuQo9lpQ0Ao6G

:thinking: Who was the lady doing the praying?

Looking4number8
09-17-2009, 12:54 PM
And guys, I really hate to turn on one of my own, especially a good friend like Lion Addict... but I am sure you all remember my good buddy saying if LH won last year, he would come on out in his purple thong...

LA, pay up buddy. You know LH paid the players off so the hill could get the win and you would have to do the dance.... We won that game hands down if those guys would not have paid out the big big bucks

Here is a sample of what we should expect at this weeks half time. I know LHPM will be the one with the camera and daddyd1 will be stalking you, but you gotta do what you gotta do....

Sorry Lion Addict... please forgive me...

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/6tJpO0gG2mZmmLGP

Daddy D 11
09-17-2009, 02:53 PM

Here is a sample of what we should expect at this weeks half time. I know LHPM will be the one with the camera and daddyd1 will be stalking you, but you gotta do what you gotta do....

I've already seen him in his purple thong:inlove:

ccmom
09-17-2009, 03:16 PM
I've already seen him in his purple thong:inlove: :tmi: :tmi:

BuckeyeNut
09-17-2009, 03:49 PM
have yall not play this game already its seems like forever i have seen this post.

Rocket
09-17-2009, 05:46 PM
I've already seen him in his purple thong:inlove:

That's so hawt...

Looking4number8
09-17-2009, 08:03 PM
OK, back to the game, any of you Liberty Hill people coming to town to watch your purple panthers get whipped Friday night?

garciap77
09-17-2009, 08:40 PM
And guys, I really hate to turn on one of my own, especially a good friend like Lion Addict... but I am sure you all remember my good buddy saying if LH won last year, he would come on out in his purple thong...

LA, pay up buddy. You know LH paid the players off so the hill could get the win and you would have to do the dance.... We won that game hands down if those guys would not have paid out the big big bucks

Good friend of my who work at the Walmart in Early had this picture on her desk.
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/61465350_d4c3bec899-1.jpg

;)

Rocket
09-17-2009, 09:20 PM
For those of you interested in updates on twitter...
Follow us on Twitter: brownwoodlions
http://twitter.com/brownwoodlions

Rocket
09-17-2009, 09:21 PM
:thinking: Who was the lady doing the praying?

Ranger Mom

garciap77
09-17-2009, 09:41 PM
Ranger Mom

:eek:

LH Panther Mom
09-17-2009, 10:10 PM
OK, back to the game, any of you Liberty Hill people coming to town to watch your purple panthers get whipped Friday night?
I certainly don't know of any going to watch that. I have a feeling after tomorrow nights' whupping of the Lions, from 10:35 pm through the end of the season, Brownwood will actually go by the same name as the County, since all the wood will be in the shed. :p

Looking4number8
09-17-2009, 10:13 PM
I certainly don't know of any going to watch that. I have a feeling after tomorrow nights' whupping of the Lions, from 10:35 pm through the end of the season, Brownwood will actually go by the same name as the County, since all the wood will be in the shed. :p

Did you work all day on that? Sorry I wish I could say it was creative but... well, since I like you I will say what my mom would say in this situation.... "That's nice"

LH Panther Mom
09-17-2009, 10:19 PM
Did you work all day on that? Sorry I wish I could say it was creative but... well, since I like you I will say what my mom would say in this situation.... "That's nice"
Heck no! It came from the same location as my polls. :devil:

Rocket
09-17-2009, 10:20 PM
http://brownwoodlions.com/myspace/simpledad.jpg

Once upon a time, there was a ...

garciap77
09-17-2009, 10:21 PM

Where is LA? He does not get on here much.

garciap77
09-17-2009, 10:22 PM
http://brownwoodlions.com/myspace/simpledad.jpg

Once upon a time, there was a ...

Don't get him started Rocket!:D

;)

LE Dad
09-17-2009, 10:24 PM
Don't get him started Rocket!:D

;) Lol, too late :clap: :clap:

Looking4number8
09-17-2009, 10:27 PM
Where is LA? He does not get on here much.

I dont know, I have been wondering the same thing.. kind of why I posted what I did today, I was trying to get him to start posting again.... guess he dont love us anymore

garciap77
09-17-2009, 10:29 PM
Lol, too late :clap: :clap:

LOL, OK Rocket, let's see what you got!:D

;)

Rocket
09-17-2009, 10:32 PM
LOL, OK Rocket, let's see what you got!:D

;)

That picture tops anything that dude can bring to the table.

garciap77
09-17-2009, 10:33 PM
I dont know, I have been wondering the same thing.. kind of why I posted what I did today, I was trying to get him to start posting again.... guess he dont love us anymore

I think he only posts when RWB, Ranger Mom, or CCmom call him out!:D

;)

P.S. Unless RWB whooped him again!;)

garciap77
09-17-2009, 10:34 PM
That picture tops anything that dude can bring to the table.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

garciap77
09-17-2009, 10:43 PM
L4#8 if you run into LHPM before the game, don't let her tell you that LH has not size this year! She had me going until I saw this:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_5540.jpg

;)

LH Panther Mom
09-17-2009, 10:48 PM
I talked to him tonight. We waved at each other across the stadium. :D

garciap77
09-17-2009, 10:53 PM
I talked to him tonight. We waved at each other across the stadium. :D

Hey LHPM. Good luck in your game tomorrow. Drive safe.

LE Dad
09-17-2009, 10:53 PM
LH 28
8wd - Just hope you score. If you don't no biggie. It won't be like you broke a 50 yr record.:thinking:

:sleeping: :sleeping:

LE Dad
09-17-2009, 11:09 PM
That picture tops anything that dude can bring to the table. That picture brings more to the field than Brownwoods offense.:nerd: :nerd: Is more like it.

:rolleyes: You gotta do better than that...Coach Rocket.:eek: :eek:

LE Dad
09-18-2009, 07:08 AM
Hey Rocket you might want to pass this along thru your "coaching" connections. :rolleyes:

:doh: On defense - Its 3 and out not 35 and on the bus:doh:

:thinking: On offense - It lets go score not lets go scoreless.

If you get that change of philosophy passed along I think the Wions will perform much much better. :D

garciap77
09-18-2009, 07:44 AM
:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping::sleeping: :sleeping:

Looking4number8
09-18-2009, 07:56 AM
L4#8 if you run into LHPM before the game, don't let her tell you that LH has not size this year! She had me going until I saw this:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_5540.jpg

;)

LHPM, you been blowing smoke up everybodies tail again?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :confused: :confused:

LH_Tuff
09-18-2009, 08:08 AM
Hey L4#8 - Got a question - Is the field at your stadium fairly new? My son played on it last night and he said it was really soft and spongy. Sounds pretty new to me. Just wondering. He does have a few 'strawberries' though. :)

Looking4number8
09-18-2009, 08:13 AM
Hey L4#8 - Got a question - Is the field at your stadium fairly new? My son played on it last night and he said it was really soft and spongy. Sounds pretty new to me. Just wondering. He does have a few 'strawberries' though. :)

The stadium was built in 1972 or somewhere around there but the turf was installed about 5 or 6 years ago. Glad he liked the turf... it was installed without any tax payer money, 100 %donations

LH_Tuff
09-18-2009, 08:29 AM
Well, it is Friday. Gameday. No better day of the week during football season. Except, of course, Saturday's in December. :)

I believe this will be a very good game. Both sides have pride and a ton of heart. Here is to a good, injury free game.

LH - Remember, we are playing against Shipley. Watch out for those onside kicks. :)

L4#8 - Are you providing armed escort through the hood? Should the LH fans meet you at the city limits?

Safe driving all. Come on 7:30.

Looking4number8
09-18-2009, 08:36 AM

L4#8 - Are you providing armed escort through the hood? Should the LH fans meet you at the city limits?

hey, I told you it's the "hood in the wood" get it right or we are not gonna feed the pit bulls all day.

Also remember to watch out for the death roll convicts we sit on your side of the stadium. You will be able to pick them out, we make them dress in a ugly purple stuff (nobody with any class or substance would ever wear purple) so they can be noticed when they are out of the gates

LH_Tuff
09-18-2009, 08:45 AM
hey, I told you it's the "hood in the wood" get it right or we are not gonna feed the pit bulls all day.

My son said that last night there were a few ladies in the concession stand with spiked collars on? Are these the pit bulls you are referring to? :D

Looking4number8
09-18-2009, 08:48 AM
My son said that last night there were a few ladies in the concession stand with spiked collars on? Are these the pit bulls you are referring to? :D

No, that was my wife and my girlfriend:( :(

LH_Tuff
09-18-2009, 08:50 AM
No, that was my wife and my girlfriend:( :(

Are they sisters? He said they looked like they were from the same litter.

Looking4number8
09-18-2009, 08:54 AM
Are they sisters? He said they looked like they were from the same litter. :eek: :eek: :) :)

ccmom
09-18-2009, 09:27 AM
I think he only posts when RWB, Ranger Mom, or CCmom call him out!:D

;)

P.S. Unless RWB whooped him again!;)

Well, it seems that LHPM was the last to see him. Maybe she's the one that whooped him this time?:confused: :eek:

Super_R
09-18-2009, 11:12 AM

I didn't even know it came from a song.

Pat Benetar huh...I had you pegged as more of a Clay Aiken type.

It's 11:12...

Looking4number8
09-18-2009, 11:18 AM

It's 11:12...

And Liberty Hill still SUCKS!

I finished it for you CORRECTLY

Looking4number8
09-18-2009, 11:19 AM
Right now Brownwood is 2-1 and Liberty Hill is 1-1-1

1 win
1 loss
1 chickened out

ccmom
09-18-2009, 11:45 AM

1 win
1 loss
1 chickened out

:eek: L48...did you go to "Sassy School" in the offseason? :thinking: You have really been more "full of it" than usual. I like it!! :D

LH_Tuff
09-18-2009, 11:52 AM

1 win
1 loss
1 chickened out

Those sisters must be doing something for your confidence. Remember - More than 4 hours, see your doctor immediately.

garciap77
09-18-2009, 12:10 PM

Also remember to watch out for the death roll convicts we sit on your side of the stadium. You will be able to pick them out, we make them dress in a ugly purple stuff (nobody with any class or substance would ever wear purple) so they can be noticed when they are out of the gates

I thought you were coming to the SW game:confused:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_7849.jpg

Stang is bringing the red ball cap with the big "S" for you; so it can match you nice red SW shirt!:D

;)

LH_Tuff
09-18-2009, 12:13 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_7849.jpg

Stang is bringing the red ball cap with the big "S" for you; so it can match you nice red SW shirt!:D

;)

Is that Rocket eating the ICEE?

garciap77
09-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Is that Rocket eating the ICEE?

:tisk:

;)

Looking4number8
09-18-2009, 12:22 PM
:eek: L48...did you go to "Sassy School" in the offseason? :thinking: You have really been more "full of it" than usual. I like it!! :D

I took lessons, are they paying off?

Looking4number8
09-18-2009, 12:25 PM

;)

Hey that shirt was maroon at the start of the day, it was just so damn hot that day the shirt faded before half time

garciap77
09-18-2009, 12:32 PM
Hey that shirt was maroon at the start of the day, it was just so damn hot that day the shirt faded before half time

OK! Next year the south is wearing purple!:D

;)

ccmom
09-18-2009, 12:36 PM
I took lessons, are they paying off?

They are, they are!! :D Keep it up and you might be almost as sassy as me...almost! :cool:

Looking4number8
09-18-2009, 12:41 PM
OK! Next year the south is wearing purple!:D

No problem for me, my kiddo wont be cheering at the game next year. If it is 300 degrees again, I wont be going... Might meet you at the wild wings again though.. that was pretty good

;)

Looking4number8
09-18-2009, 12:42 PM
They are, they are!! :D Keep it up and you might be almost as sassy as me...almost! :cool:

Shoot I have already passed you...[passing nobogey on the smart A. chart is my ultimate goal

LH_Tuff
09-18-2009, 03:17 PM
Everybody going to the game be safe. This will be a good game. Shipley always has something up his sleeve when it comes to LH. It will be fun to see what it is tonight.

Bye Ya'll. :wave: :wave:

95mustang
09-18-2009, 08:01 PM
End of 1st quarter. Bwd 7 LH: 0. Bwd has over 100 yrds on offense. LH has 2 first downs.

95mustang
09-18-2009, 08:03 PM
Touchdown the wood. 13-0. Bwd also missed a field goal.

95mustang
09-18-2009, 08:14 PM
13-3 the wood half way through 2nd

95mustang
09-18-2009, 08:20 PM
Touchdown Brownwood. 20 - 3 4 minutes left in the half.

Booter11
09-18-2009, 08:22 PM
hows shipley doin

95mustang
09-18-2009, 08:27 PM
Touchdown the wood. 27 - 3 with 1:33 left in first half

DDBooger
09-18-2009, 08:50 PM
holy crap. Has LH dropped off that bad?

BwdLion73
09-18-2009, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger

I don't think they have. Brownwoods 6 starters that are out on the sidelines claping and cheering the sohp's. on. Just hope they do not run out of emotion!:) :)

LHexPlayer
09-18-2009, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger

Yes

ctfootball
09-18-2009, 09:07 PM
I believe Shipley is out with a broken collarbone. Or at least that is what I heard. I hear there are a couple of other starters out also.

Booter11
09-18-2009, 09:10 PM
well thats not good... sounds like the young guys are stepping up though

BwdLion73
09-18-2009, 09:10 PM
Start of the 2nd. half Liberty hill trys for a 4th and 2 at there own 20. Brownwood holds and talks over.

Booter11
09-18-2009, 09:13 PM
damn bwood is puttin it to em

BwdLion73
09-18-2009, 09:19 PM
Brownwood picks up fumble 77 yard return for Brownwood 34/3 Brownwood

Booter11
09-18-2009, 09:24 PM
LH just didnt come to play tonight and Bwood brought their A game

BwdLion73
09-18-2009, 09:32 PM
Touchdown LH 34/11 Brownwood. 4th quarter.

BwdLion73
09-18-2009, 09:54 PM
Final Brownwood 34 ---L H -17 wait 13 seconds left.....almost

Booter11
09-18-2009, 09:55 PM
Congrats to Bwood on the victory

95mustang
09-18-2009, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Booter11
LH just didnt come to play tonight and Bwood brought their A game

Brownwood played with intensity. Liberty Hill is a good team, but the game plan by the Lions was great. We needed this win. This team will be something special when it is finally to full strength.

BEAST
09-18-2009, 10:44 PM
Props to LH for keeping up the fight. Way to much Brownwood this year though. I cant explain the Sville game, all the injuries and then the wheels feel off. Tonight though, even without 6 or 7 starters, the Lions rolled.

BEAST

ccmom
09-18-2009, 11:07 PM
Congrats Brownwood! October 9th will be dandy!

Rocket
09-18-2009, 11:28 PM
It's official. LH is down.

95mustang
09-18-2009, 11:42 PM

Brownwood is that good.

Move The Chains
09-19-2009, 12:27 AM
Brownwood is that good. Not without their starters. LH is down in a big way.

LH_Tuff
09-19-2009, 06:52 AM

Congratulations to Brownwood. A good game all around for you guys. Shipley has always been ready for LH. :)

I said before the season that this team will need this season to come together and that next year they will be back. Last night was the 3rd varsity game for most of the LH kids. They are learning. They still make 'rookie' mistakes. They played much better in the second half. But it was too late by then. They will be fine in district play. They will only get better.

LH Panther Mom
09-19-2009, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
Not without their starters. LH is down in a big way.
And you've seen us play when? :thinking: I thought so......kind of difficult from your neck of the woods.

The Longoria kid is really something special! I don't remember hearing about him, but I hope the Lion faithful realize just what an incredible player he is! (He plays on Defense, just in case you were wondering. ;) ) A 75-yd fumble recovery return, roughly the same yardage for an interception return - 12 points by a defensive guy is impressive! You should be bragging on the talent you've got on the field, not crying over the spilt milk (hurt & on the sidelines). I had a few deja vu moments with your sophomores. :( Good win, Lions!

The part of the season that doesn't count is over. Watch out District 8 - the "down in a big way" :rolleyes: team is ready to rock & roll!

bigfrank
09-19-2009, 08:26 AM

Are you still crying over the Burnet loss. Get over it. You got beat. Dont make excuses. Your lucky Jaxon Shipley wasnt playing or it would not of even been close.

BwdLion73
09-19-2009, 09:30 AM
I would not count L H out just yet. They could have rolled over in the second half after getting stopped on a 4th and 2 at their own 20. They played hard right up till the score with 5 seconds remaining.:clap:

Looking4number8
09-19-2009, 09:48 AM
And you've seen us play when? :thinking: I thought so......kind of difficult from your neck of the woods.

Don't be shy, tell'em what you really think!!:eek:

Watch out District 8 - the "down in a big way" :rolleyes: team is ready to rock & roll!

Agreed, Brownwood just flustered a young LH team early. If not for the big half time lead (and a stud named Longoria), this game could have turned out 100% different. LH controled the ball in the 2nd half We may not have had the intensity because we did not need it or it could have been LH's halftime adjustments, we will never know. I love that we won the game but I also love that lot's of people will be taking a 1-2 Liberty Hill team lightly in district. LH will be a force to reckon with for district 8 and beyond! Go Liberty Hill, hope to see you again in December!

pirate4state
09-19-2009, 09:54 AM
Sounds like this was another fun game to watch!

Good Luck to the Panthers in district & nice win Brownwood.

ziggy29
09-19-2009, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
I would not count L H out just yet. They could have rolled over in the second half after getting stopped on a 4th and 2 at their own 20. They played hard right up till the score with 5 seconds remaining.:clap:
I think the reports of LH's demise are premature, to paraphrase Mark Twain. My fear is that they are going to take it out on D8 in a big way.

LH Panther Mom
09-19-2009, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by ziggy29
I think the reports of LH's demise are premature, to paraphrase Mark Twain. My fear is that they are going to take it out on D8 in a big way.
Don't be skeered. :D ;)

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! I can imagine some teams looking at our record and thinking that we're going to be an easy win. If you don't tell them different, I won't. ;)

Move The Chains
09-19-2009, 01:23 PM
There's two conflicting sides. One says backups for Brownwood played. The other says LH just started playing better in the second half and that the starters were in. I wonder which is true because that definitely affects how I see them. You're right LHPM. What do I know? I wasn't there.... and there's no way that I can read other people's opinions, view facts (stats), and make a mental image of what's going on.

I'm sure that I'm the only person that thinks LH might be a bit "down" this year. But after all, I haven't seen them, so.... yeah.

Rocket
09-19-2009, 01:51 PM
There's two conflicting sides. One says backups for Brownwood played. The other says LH just started playing better in the second half and that the starters were in. I wonder which is true because that definitely affects how I see them. You're right LHPM. What do I know? I wasn't there.... and there's no way that I can read other people's opinions, view facts (stats), and make a mental image of what's going on.

I'm sure that I'm the only person that thinks LH might be a bit "down" this year. But after all, I haven't seen them, so.... yeah.

Brownwood's starters last night were backups. LOL End of mystery.

Out the whole game was our QB, our starting Linebacker (who leads in tackles), our starting FS/WR, Shipley, and a couple more. If these players had played, oh my goodness... it would have been gross. Well it already was.

The reason we were so quiet and humble last week was we wanted all of the LH fans, coaches, and players that get on this board to think we were gonna suck this week. Believe me, after what happened on the JV level last year, I knew LH was going to get shut down. We just have too many studs on offense and our defense is legit. Wasn't worried at all.

Stephenville was a smoke screen. Most of our players were pulled early to avoid more unnecessary injuries.

With that said, LH is a great team and played with great character. Good luck the rest of the way.

LH Panther Mom
09-19-2009, 02:01 PM

The "big play" and two HUGE turnovers returned for TD's kicked our rears. FIVE completed passes for 173 yards, yes I said FIVE. I realize you're an expert on Liberty Hill football, or just football in general, so I guess I'll bow to your wisdom and agree that we are down in a big way. :rolleyes: