PDA

View Full Version : Gonzales v La Grange

Pudlugger
09-12-2009, 10:52 AM
The Leps travel to Gonzales to meet the Apaches. The Apaches are looking for their first win and may surprise the Leps on their home field. The two teams have a common opponent in Lockhart. The Leps beat Lockhart 47-28 while Lockhart beat Gonzales 28-20 for what it's worth. I look for the Leps to continue to improve on offense and put up some big points on the board to win this one on the road.

Coach BS
09-12-2009, 11:14 AM
LaGrange big time. 42-10

IHStangFan
09-12-2009, 11:20 AM
I don't see the Apaches being able to slow the Leps down.

La Grange 38
Gonzales 14

gobbler grad
09-12-2009, 11:30 AM
looks like the Apaches will start out 0-4...don't think they have what it takes to slow the Leopards...think LG should run crazy on this team...48-14

fourbeee
09-12-2009, 12:13 PM
La Grange might put over 60 points up. They get better every week.

mrgreenblood
09-12-2009, 02:41 PM
The Apaches will need to focus on stopping the big play.....cover Wilkerson!!!!! If not they will lose by 20+. Anyway, good luck Apaches!

Pudlugger
09-12-2009, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by mrgreenblood
The Apaches will need to focus on stopping the big play.....cover Wilkerson!!!!! If not they will lose by 20+. Anyway, good luck Apaches!

Wilkerson has been the big play maker so far and is a bona fide D1 prospect, but we have other excellent receivers. McHazlett has been outstanding with sure hands, good moves after the reception and plenty of speed. Dwigans always seems to get into the open and has a great touch for pulling down the football. Morris is showing real potential and is going to make some big contributions to the team effort by district. If a team tries to double cover Wilkerson the Leps will go to the other guys and burn you.

Bottom line, the Leps have a loaded stable of receivers who are all capable of the big game breaking play so defending any one of them is not going to be enough. The defense has to defend all of them. So far the o line has been very effective in pass protection. By district two starters should be back from injuries and that will help in the difficult uphill battle in D25.

Pudlugger
09-15-2009, 09:44 AM
Anyone from Gonzales on the board? We would like to hear from you. What do the Apaches run on offense and who are their big play makers? What about their defense?

We play them in their house and they always show up ready for the Leps. The Leps need to stay focused and keep building momentum for district.

TRENCHES06
09-15-2009, 10:08 AM
It's a Trap!

Pudlugger
09-15-2009, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06
It's a Trap!

Remember last year's game with Smithville! Get after those Apaches Leps!:mad:

hookandladder
09-15-2009, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Wilkerson has been the big play maker so far and is a bona fide D1 prospect, but we have other excellent receivers. McHazlett has been outstanding with sure hands, good moves after the reception and plenty of speed. Dwigans always seems to get into the open and has a great touch for pulling down the football. Morris is showing real potential and is going to make some big contributions to the team effort by district. If a team tries to double cover Wilkerson the Leps will go to the other guys and burn you.

Bottom line, the Leps have a loaded stable of receivers who are all capable of the big game breaking play so defending any one of them is not going to be enough. The defense has to defend all of them. So far the o line has been very effective in pass protection. By district two starters should be back from injuries and that will help in the difficult uphill battle in D25.

Our other receivers can make plays however if I am game planning there is no doubt I double team Wilkerson and take my chances on the other receivers beating me. The OL is playing well right now and hopefully this will continue, the true test will be in District. Picking up the Blitz will be the key and I am sure we will see plenty of them come District. Still think our running game is going to be the key factor, we are still struggling in the running game. Other than our QB, our RB's have not had much success. Just think when you get in the red zone, we will need to be able to run the ball more effective unless our stop route to Wilkerson cannot be stopped. Hard to count on that play every time.

CHSVARSITYDAD
09-15-2009, 10:41 AM
You can pull your starters real early and let some kids get some good playing time! LG 56-7

Pudlugger
09-18-2009, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Our other receivers can make plays however if I am game planning there is no doubt I double team Wilkerson and take my chances on the other receivers beating me. The OL is playing well right now and hopefully this will continue, the true test will be in District. Picking up the Blitz will be the key and I am sure we will see plenty of them come District. Still think our running game is going to be the key factor, we are still struggling in the running game. Other than our QB, our RB's have not had much success. Just think when you get in the red zone, we will need to be able to run the ball more effective unless our stop route to Wilkerson cannot be stopped. Hard to count on that play every time.

I agree pretty much with everything you say here in this post. As for the running game, I think they need to try to get the rb to the line faster. The backfield handoff from the gun really slows it down and the runner isn't getting to the hole quick enough. Dive plays like belly right or belly left especially over the big guard Drab with Childs in as TE should work well and hopefully we'll see more of that.

44INAROW
09-18-2009, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by CHSVARSITYDAD
You can pull your starters real early and let some kids get some good playing time! LG 56-7

I think you're right on target CHSdad - Apaches having a tough time this year.

TRENCHES06
09-18-2009, 12:59 PM
I wouldn't be so confident.....Overconfident teams get beat. Focused and determined teams continue to get better....

teetle
09-18-2009, 01:37 PM
I's gots to go with the pud puller on tes one LaGrange way too Good. Good Luck to both teams. :weeping:

crabman
09-18-2009, 01:40 PM
From what I have seen LaGrange will throw a shutout.

Pudlugger
09-18-2009, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06
I wouldn't be so confident.....Overconfident teams get beat. Focused and determined teams continue to get better....

Yeah they do. Happened last year with Smithville. It kept a good team home in November too.:crying:

Pudlugger
09-19-2009, 10:08 AM
Leps roll to win 47-3. I am looking forward to seeing the stats for this game. The Lep rushing game is looking very good now. The coaches have introduced a couple of excellent power plays which resulted in several long gains and three tds last night. Great to see this team working so well together and such effective coaching.

Next week they play Goliad at home. After that they have an off week to heal up and get ready for Bellville in their district opener. Several key players should be back for that game.