PDA

View Full Version : Warned ya that LaVernia is really good

1st and goal
09-12-2009, 06:23 AM
From the Statesman:

La Vernia 20, Wimberley 0: La Vernia (2-1) and Wimberley (1-2) skidded to a scoreless tie at halftime, but the Bears exploded for 14 points in the third quarter and another score in the fourth, in the renewal of a rivalry between Class 3A teams

LV_Bearfan
09-12-2009, 09:39 AM
Two weeks from now is the biggest test. The last time they played in Cuero (just 2 years ago), the score was 49-0. La Vernia won at home last year in a shocker. No one really expected this years team to be among the elite, but we've already seen that they have some real heart. If that game is close this time, La Vernia is for real. They are young as a whole, so expect them to be a bigger part of the conversation again next year. They are extremely well coached, and they always have some talent, so expect to see them hanging around as long as the current staff is in place.

Pudlugger
09-12-2009, 09:49 AM
How 'bout them Bears! *

LV will be a force in R4 this year. Congratulations on an impressive win.

*Hat tip to John Candy-Trains Planes and Automobiles

44INAROW
09-12-2009, 09:50 AM
Welcome LV BearFan - good to have someone from La Vernia posting :)

LV_Bearfan
09-12-2009, 09:56 AM
Thanks. I've been following this forum for several years. Unfortunately, I don't get to see our guys play much. I live in Washington state now, so this is as close as I get.

btw...as a whole, the guys and gals posting here are a classy bunch. I appreciate and enjoy reading these posts.

1st and goal
09-12-2009, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by LV_Bearfan
Two weeks from now is the biggest test. The last time they played in Cuero (just 2 years ago), the score was 49-0. La Vernia won at home last year in a shocker. No one really expected this years team to be among the elite, but we've already seen that they have some real heart. If that game is close this time, La Vernia is for real. They are young as a whole, so expect them to be a bigger part of the conversation again next year. They are extremely well coached, and they always have some talent, so expect to see them hanging around as long as the current staff is in place.

This will be a great game! I would love to be there but I wanna see the Buffs play Elgin. After last years game where the officiating went out the window.....another story.

Hope the Cuero/LaVernia game is everything it should be!

Oh yeah, welcome to the forum! Can you get some more Bear peeps to come online?:D

Cowboy_Up
09-12-2009, 11:43 AM
The Cuero/La Vernia game is Edna's bye week and me and a few other Cowboys will be there to watch that battle.

I don't think I own anything green so it'll be hard to blend in:)

1st and goal
09-12-2009, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Cowboy_Up
The Cuero/La Vernia game is Edna's bye week and me and a few other Cowboys will be there to watch that battle.

That means you can sit on either side...:D

44INAROW
09-12-2009, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Cowboy_Up

wear your Edna shirt - just make sure it says Cowboys/Edna so no one mistakes it for Bears lol........... It should be a packed house... how many coming with you?

shamu85
09-12-2009, 07:38 PM
To be honest though, Wimberley ain't very good this year. They got shut out by almost the same score last week by Dripping Springs who got owned by a pretty weak Austin McCallum team last night 41-14. Wimberley's only win has been against a very bad Luling team in week 1. I would not use this game to judge whether LaVernia is really good.

Not that I don't think La Vernia is good mind you. They beat a pretty decent Bandera team and played Giddings close, but a 20-0 win against Wimberley doesn't look that impressive considering.

LV_Bearfan
09-12-2009, 08:04 PM
Agree.