PDA

View Full Version : Burnet squeaks by Marble Falls

Old Dog
09-12-2009, 12:43 AM
Burnet hung on to beat 4A Marble Falls 22-20 at Burnet. Burnet had a difficult time putting the dagger in the Mustangs heart to finish them off. The Mustangs were very persistant until the end. Burnet's QB Dillion Chaffin connected on some key early second half passes to move Burnet ahead, but Marble Falls kept fighting back. It was not a "pretty" game by any means; lots of penalities and mistakes on the part of both teams. Some of the Mustangs receptions were nothing less than outstanding. Their Soph QB Zeb Warner will be one to watch. Zeb could really scramble well and find his secondary receivers. Burnet did find a ground game on two separate occasions that paid off. I was very proud of the Bulldog defense that several times really put the hammer on Marble Falls RBs.

spaniard
09-12-2009, 08:28 PM
glad to hear they won that one, of all games to not win, marble falls is always the one you don't want to lose

Old Dog
09-12-2009, 09:32 PM
Spaniard, did you finish at TSU, I recall you were working at it?

spaniard
09-12-2009, 10:29 PM
unfortunately, old dog, i haven't yet finished. my wife an i got married in 2005 and it's been put since then. i lack about 4 semesters to finish my degree, and plan on getting back to working on it sometime soon i hope.

Old Dog
09-13-2009, 12:11 AM
Well, I know it's hard, especially being wed, but keep the thought in your mind to get it someday.

Some things in life are worth making a detour, such as a good woman!

spaniard
09-13-2009, 07:20 AM
yes indeed, she's definitely worth it! we've got 2 kids now that keep us about as busy as one can be. my wife is about 7 hours shy of her degree, so this springs she will get started back on finishing that out