PDA

View Full Version : Bellville Brahmas vs Navasota Rattlers.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-12-2009, 12:22 AM
Two top 3a teams will look to stay undefeated when the 3-0 Navasota Rattlers come to the Pasture to play the 2-0 Bellville Brahmas. This will be one of the top 3a games of the week. Bellville has beat a very good Caldwell team 2-1,who has since Beat Shepard by 40 and Waco C 42 -13, and a 4a team Livingston 1-1 that bounces back after the Bellville lose to beat Caney creek 63-20 this week. Navasota is comming off a win over 2a Hearn. Who will get the 1st lose of the season? Give your insight on this game verses 2 of the Best in Region 3 and 4.

navscanmaster
09-12-2009, 12:44 AM
Is the drill team playing Navasota? The poll says Brahmanettes, LOL...

Anyhow, I have confidence that my Rattlers can go there and pull out another hard fought win. Bellville will not be overlooking Navasota, since they have had two weeks to prepare. Navasota's defense is a tough draw for any 3A offense right now, as is Bellville's. Both offenses have their playmakers. I think Coach Fedora has been saving some pages in the playbook for the Brahmas. I can't make a prediction because I just don't know. I will make a homerized opinion though :D and say Navasota will pull it out in the 4th, 28-21. Bellville had better have an answer for Kye Hildreth. Nobody else has so far.

HEMOTOXIC
09-12-2009, 12:52 AM
The last time Navasota and Bellville were both in the top 10, Bellville crushed the Rattlers at Brule.

Remember the victory that the Rattlers pulled off against the Brahmas at Brule on the screen play with seconds to play?

Ok, I think everyone gets the picture. Bellville and Navasota will battle to the end. Can the Rattlers go in to the Pasture of Pain and pull off yet another victory?

Rattlers 32
Bellville 28

XMan
09-12-2009, 07:41 AM
Do you use a Brahmanette to catch a Brahma??? Never driven in the pasture and said look, there is a Brahmanette.

beastyboyz
09-12-2009, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Is the drill team playing Navasota? The poll says Brahmanettes, LOL...

Anyhow, I have confidence that my Rattlers can go there and pull out another hard fought win. Bellville will not be overlooking Navasota, since they have had two weeks to prepare. Navasota's defense is a tough draw for any 3A offense right now, as is Bellville's. Both offenses have their playmakers. I think Coach Fedora has been saving some pages in the playbook for the Brahmas. I can't make a prediction because I just don't know. I will make a homerized opinion though :D and say Navasota will pull it out in the 4th, 28-21. Bellville had better have an answer for Kye Hildreth. Nobody else has so far.

hmmm this will be a great game, willl come down to a battle of the defenses...navasota has weapoms and so does bellville...

and a answer to this kai hildreth, majority of these brahmas have been playin him since jr high...they kno wht he can do...both teams will eb in for a battle and will come to fight...

21-14 brahmas score late to win the game

IHStangFan
09-12-2009, 08:57 AM
Gimme.....

Navasota 35
Bellville 21

1st and goal
09-12-2009, 08:59 AM
too tough to predict.
I'd love to make this game. Buffs are off next weekend. It could happen.

OldBison75
09-12-2009, 12:26 PM
This will be a good game and a measuring stick for both programs.

Navasota had 422 total yards in the pouring rain against Hearne that even included 5-6 passing for about 100 yards and a touchdown. The defense gave up 122 yards to a pretty good Hearne offense.

The Rattlers will have to play that tough defense against Bellville or it will be a long night. The offense will have to continue to make plays and stay away from mistakes. The home crowd at the Pasture will be a plus for Bellville. If it is raining, it could be real fun.

If, I am lucky, my predictin of a Rattler win by 7 will come true. If, not, it will be a helluva game.

martwayne
09-12-2009, 02:40 PM
i will say that belleville and navasota have always played very good game against each other and yes bellville has a solid team but i've been following navasota 3 seasons straight now and the defense we have this year looks maybe the toughest so far, and our offense still has that strike from anywhere at anytime ability, or run it down your throat approach. i say my rattlers come to the pasture and win a hard faught football game.

Navasota 28
Bellville 24

Bull's-eye
09-12-2009, 03:42 PM
Navasota started the season with a 47-0 win over 4A Henderson, what may be a very impressive win considering Carthage only defeated the Lions 14-13. In their 2nd game, Navasota held on for a 28-20 win over Palestine, a team that may be a little better than most expected. Last night, Palestine took care of a good Van team 40-28. Navasota has been known for their high scoring offenses, but don't overlook the Rattler defense. They already have 2 shutouts & have been very impressive.

Bellville has been playing outstanding defense. This unit has been responsible for 10 fumbles (recovering 5 of those) & one interception. The Brahma offense has not hit on all 8 cylinders, but the talent is there. The running game has been good & should get better behind a young & improving O-line. Look for the passing game to add a few new wrinkles & keep the opposing defenses from keying on the run.

Should be a great game! Navasota must protect the ball & slow the Bellville running game. Bellville must establish a good running game & be more effective throwing the ball. Limiting the big plays & coming up with the turnovers will be key for the Bellville defense. IMO, the team that wins the turnover battle will win this game. That's why I'm going with Bellville & their home-field advantage.

Old Tiger
09-12-2009, 04:22 PM
should be region IV GOTW IMO

Pudlugger
09-12-2009, 04:40 PM
I'll add my two Zimbabwe $1,000,000 notes(about 2 cents USD) to this thread. Both teams appear to be very equally matched with strong defenses and potent diverse offenses. Talent and coaching are excellent and there is little daylight between these two teams on that score. So it comes down to the intangibles and luck. I'll have to go with our D25 team and pick Bellville by a td. Home field advantage being with the Brahmas may make the difference.

ExBrahmaZ
09-12-2009, 05:31 PM
This gonna be a tough game for both teams but could end up being a blowout for either side. It will all come down to momentum plays.

Pudlugger
09-12-2009, 05:59 PM
One thing I'll predict here is that it will not be a blowout. It will be a tight contest in doubt until the final series.

strosfan
09-12-2009, 06:14 PM
I think Bellville takes it in a close one. Their defense will make the difference.

Bellville 28
Navasota 21

navscanmaster
09-12-2009, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by strosfan
I think Bellville takes it in a close one. Their defense will make the difference.

Bellville 28
Navasota 21

Kind of how I feel about our defense. Not the typical Rattler D you are used to seeing. They have allowed 550 yards of total offense from three teams, and 340 of that was to Palestine, who just beat top 15 Van 40-28. I am excited to see how they do against Bellville, and still mad as hell that we didn't get to play ya'll last year.:mad: :devil: :D

beastyboyz
09-12-2009, 10:09 PM
Kind of how I feel about our defense. Not the typical Rattler D you are used to seeing. They have allowed 550 yards of total offense from three teams, and 340 of that was to Palestine, who just beat top 15 Van 40-28. I am excited to see how they do against Bellville, and still mad as hell that we didn't get to play ya'll last year.:mad: :devil: :D

those are some nice stats, but these are ddifferent teams, anythings bound to happen,

and about that game lastyear...tht woulda been one hell of a game...prolly the best defense in the stae in 3a, againt one of the best offenses in the state...but hey the world will naver know wht wouldve happen in tht game last year "the best game nver played" :( :(

good luck to both teams this friday..i'll be there shoutin for them brahmas:D :D :D

OldBison75
09-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Beasty, you are exactly right about the game last year. It would have been a barn burner. The Bellville team last year was very good and I don't have a doubt that this years team is just as good.

Now, I think the Rattlers might be about as good as last year and they are a much different team than last year. There is a completely different set of dynamics on this team and they have more weapons than last year on offense. I also will guarantee that the Rattler defense is better right now than it was in the playoff run last year and that was not very shabby.

I look for this to be a real battle on the pasture and I have to be a homer and pick my Rattlers by 7. I just hope that we get to see a decent weather week and the field be near perfect so that both teams can use all thier weapons. I promise that there will be no excuses if the Rattler's lose, at least from me, but I expect to hear no excuses from you guys if it turns out the other way.

You guys have a great week and I look forward to seeing a great game this week.

beastyboyz
09-12-2009, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Beasty, you are exactly right about the game last year. It would have been a barn burner. The Bellville team last year was very good and I don't have a doubt that this years team is just as good.

Now, I think the Rattlers might be about as good as last year and they are a much different team than last year. There is a completely different set of dynamics on this team and they have more weapons than last year on offense. I also will guarantee that the Rattler defense is better right now than it was in the playoff run last year and that was not very shabby.

I look for this to be a real battle on the pasture and I have to be a homer and pick my Rattlers by 7. I just hope that we get to see a decent weather week and the field be near perfect so that both teams can use all thier weapons. I promise that there will be no excuses if the Rattler's lose, at least from me, but I expect to hear no excuses from you guys if it turns out the other way.

You guys have a great week and I look forward to seeing a great game this week.

yea i understand its gonna be a great game...

me bein a homer, have to take my team by 7 with a td late in the 4th...

ive been watchin tthis class of brahmas for years now, since they were playin little league ball...7th grade they beat the rattlers 7-0 8th grade they beat the rattlers 13-7. their freshman year the game got canceled (weather) with the brahmas up at halftime 14-7...

this might be one of the greatest games ever played between the brahmas and rattlers...cant wait:D :D

Pudlugger
09-13-2009, 05:02 AM
This will be some game. These two teams bring a boat load of talent to the field and always play to win. Only one team can of course so that makes it real interesting. :cool:

cntdwn
09-13-2009, 06:02 AM
Utmost respect for both programs and teams so far, but I think the host Bulls take this one by 9.

Gsquared
09-13-2009, 12:14 PM
Dang, its only Sunday and im fired up and ready to leave for Bellville NOW! Where in the area should I eat?

HEMOTOXIC
09-13-2009, 12:56 PM
Back to the top.....

GO Snakes!

ProudHornetMom
09-13-2009, 02:22 PM
This will be some game. These two teams bring a boat load of talent to the field and always play to win. Only one team can of course so that makes it real interesting. [/B]

Originally posted by Old Tiger
should be region IV GOTW IMO

I agree! :clap:

Caldwell will be at the game in force, it's our off week.

HEMOTOXIC
09-13-2009, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
I agree! :clap:

Caldwell will be at the game in force, it's our off week.

Sit on Navasota's side. :D

navscanmaster
09-13-2009, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Dang, its only Sunday and im fired up and ready to leave for Bellville NOW! Where in the area should I eat?

I feel the same way. Luckily, I will be busy all week long at work, meaning a speedy week right up to........GAMETIME!

Johnny Utah
09-13-2009, 05:53 PM
Bellville 28 Navasota 14.

zebrablue2
09-13-2009, 07:28 PM

Galileo's Mex. Rest. 1/2 mile from the field. Best Mex. rest. in Texas. Try it and let me know...

navscanmaster
09-13-2009, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Bellville 28 Navasota 14.

Surely you don't want to see a fellow district competitor, probably for the championship with Rockdale, to be doubled up on, no?:p

beastyboyz
09-13-2009, 08:56 PM

im thinkin you should eat at "the hill"
its the best burgers rounds these parts lol

:D :D

DU_stud04
09-13-2009, 09:05 PM
still say you should come for allen v euless trinity at pennington.... dinner before, football, dukes afterwards for cheap beer, and its just across the street. gas is expensive............ hahaha

HEMOTOXIC
09-13-2009, 09:25 PM
:D

OldBison75
09-13-2009, 09:25 PM
Hey guys, I guess you might wanna see another game this week since a friend from Bellville just told me that they were gonna run Navasota in the ground this week. They say that thier defense will shut out the Rattlers and show them what D25 has. They believe they never got to prove themselves to the Rattlers last year and want to make up for not being able to play the game. They even hinted that Navasota cancelled the game because they did not want to play them.

I haven't had time to discuss this with the Rattlers, but I bet they have a very different opinion.

beastyboyz
09-13-2009, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Sit on Navasota's side. :D

i think he should come sit on the bellville side lol...dont forget ur red shirt tht says "brahma Pride" lol haha

;) ;)

OldBison75
09-13-2009, 09:46 PM
I bet ya that if he don't get there pretty early, he won't be sitting anywhere. Wear comfortable shoes and plan on standing around the fence. The pasture will be full of fans.

HEMOTOXIC
09-13-2009, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by beastyboyz
i think he should come sit on the bellville side lol...dont forget ur red shirt tht says "brahma Pride" lol haha

;) ;)

That's what I love about Bellville. The fans are great. Bellville and Navasota always battle. Whether its football, basketball, baseball, etc. Its always a good clean game.

Good Luck to Both!

Rattler fans, arrive early, be loud and wear your blue!

beastyboyz
09-13-2009, 09:50 PM
I bet ya that if he don't get there pretty early, he won't be sitting anywhere. Wear comfortable shoes and plan on standing around the fence. The pasture will be full of fans.

yea thats true..its always a big turnout when i good team comes into town...

:clap: :clap:

beastyboyz
09-13-2009, 09:53 PM
That's what I love about Bellville. The fans are great. Bellville and Navasota always battle. Whether its football, basketball, baseball, etc. Its always a good clean game.

Good Luck to Both!

Rattler fans, arrive early, be loud and wear your blue!

goodluck to navasota too

{ps} you should tell the navasota fans to make a lot of niose when yall have the ball on 3rd&4th down...im sure the brahmas would really appreciate it haha

HEMOTOXIC
09-13-2009, 09:56 PM
goodluck to navasota too

{ps} you should tell the navasota fans to make a lot of niose when yall have the ball on 3rd&4th down...im sure the brahmas would really appreciate it haha

ha HA....I will be sure to have my cowbell ready.

Gators17
09-13-2009, 10:54 PM
Galileos Mexican Restaurant only 1/2 mile away from the field. Hands down best mexican food in Texas. Take my word for it.

venomous tat2
09-13-2009, 10:57 PM
I talked to my old friend " The Red Mustache " he said he would make the game and he's gonna sit on our side . He hasn't turned on Bellille lol he still loves them we just adopted him . He said he can't get around like he use to .Win or loose don't hold it against him. This game will have a playoff atmosphere.

martwayne
09-14-2009, 01:15 AM
i've reed all these post on here and this what i like to see, everyone showing support to their own team but still having respect for the other team. i cant wait for this game to happen, after navasota got beat last year by la vega, the next week i went to the bellville vs giddings game and bellville played one hell of a game that night. i know rattler nation with be running deep in bellville on friday night, and our rattlers will be ready for this game, so good luck bellville and good game but i'm sticking with my picks

Navasota 28
Bellville 21

LOVE THEM RATTLERS, WHOOO!!!

martwayne
09-14-2009, 01:24 AM
we cancelled the game? hahahaha that is the funniest thing that i have heard all year. the man upstairs knew that we would have beaten them so bad he sent the hurricane that was in their favor not to play us. i mean i think we were better than la vega just to many turnovers cost us the game. do you remember how many tackles brandal broke to tie the game and how they didnt score in the second half just in overtime, we cancelled the game, hahahaha thats just funny stuff

Footballhudini
09-14-2009, 01:27 AM
i hope navasota scores in this one. i really do.

bellville 33
navasota 0

Johnny Utah
09-14-2009, 07:32 AM
Bellville wins and Rockdale beats Navasota for district title....7 to 6 they way they have been playing...LOL

trg
09-14-2009, 08:15 AM
Of course I am going with the home team. GO BULLS!!!! Let's go Brahmas. Come loud and be proud.

Good luck to both teams for an injury free night.

87 TIGER
09-14-2009, 09:26 AM
Navasota wins this one 35-31. Go D-24!!

crotalus
09-14-2009, 10:03 AM
I look for it to be a close game as well. It is always hard to go to the Pasture and get a win, but I think that Navasota will pull this one out in the end.

The Caldwell coaches should sit on the Navasota side! At least two of them used to coach there!

Dang, I miss small town football!

LE Dad
09-14-2009, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
should be region IV GOTW IMO :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

navscanmaster
09-14-2009, 10:11 AM
goodluck to navasota too

Who said we will make it to 3rd or 4th down? We score quickly! Hehehehehe!

Still counting.....

Bull's-eye
09-14-2009, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by venomous tat2
I talked to my old friend " The Red Mustache " he said he would make the game and he's gonna sit on our side . He hasn't turned on Bellille lol he still loves them we just adopted him . He said he can't get around like he use to .Win or loose don't hold it against him. This game will have a playoff atmosphere.

Just talked to him on Sunday, he had to be taken to the hospital for pneumonia. Hope he gets better, but he may not be able to attend the game.

navscanmaster
09-14-2009, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Bellville wins and Rockdale beats Navasota for district title....7 to 6 they way they have been playing...LOL

I know we have to go to Bellville, but the Tigers have to come to Navasota. Is your defense so good you even take a blocked PAT for granted?

HEMOTOXIC
09-14-2009, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Just talked to him on Sunday, he had to be taken to the hospital for pneumonia. Hope he gets better, but he may not be able to attend the game.

I pray for a speedy recovery for him.

HEMOTOXIC
09-14-2009, 10:35 AM
Whoever thinks that they will shut out the Rattlers offensively must be dreaming. Yes, its a new year, but, a strong Rockdale Tiger defense gave up 21 and a really good La Vega Pirate team game up 28 to the Rattlers in '08.

This year, the Rattlers have scored 47, 28, and 27. If the Brahmas can shut out the Rattlers' O, hats off to them. But, prove it to me first.

Johnny Utah
09-14-2009, 11:34 AM
I will go with my original post, Bellville 28 Nav 14.

navscanmaster
09-14-2009, 11:41 AM
I pray for a speedy recovery for him.

As do I. He is always great for a laugh. I don't think I have seen him since week 0 2007 at Madisonville, when he was feeling ill.:(

venomous tat2
09-14-2009, 12:00 PM

It was last week when I last talked to him , I need to check on him .

BrahmaMom
09-14-2009, 12:01 PM
Tell my buddy, the Red Mustache, I hope he gets well enough to come on home for the game! He still bleeds Brahma red!

As far as the game, I hope to see the Brahmas come out disciplined and ready to win. The penalties, or lack there of, could make the difference in this game. Both programs are excellent, both have tons of talent. Focus, Bulls, focus and get ready to leave it all on the field--that is what it will take to win this game. Love ya, Brahmas!

j_dog
09-14-2009, 12:36 PM
Navasota 14, Bellville 13

ProudHornetMom
09-14-2009, 01:02 PM

;) ;)

I'm a "she" ...proudhornetmom usually gives it away..but that's ok. It won't be a singular pronoun attending the game...it will be a large group from caldwell. ;)

Bull's-eye
09-14-2009, 03:40 PM
There is already a thread for this game, can we merge this one?

44INAROW
09-14-2009, 03:48 PM
There is already a thread for this game, can we merge this one?

It's a done deal :)

beastyboyz
09-14-2009, 06:45 PM
Who said we will make it to 3rd or 4th down? We score quickly! Hehehehehe!

Still counting.....

Haha, yall score quickly on those other teams. When playing bellville d its a totally different thing....so much speed with the ability to make big plays...but tht goes both ways. Rattlers got some playmakers too.

Gonna come down to special teams/ the 4th quarter.

Welcome to the pasture!

HEMOTOXIC
09-14-2009, 07:30 PM
Haha, yall score quickly on those other teams. When playing bellville d its a totally different thing....so much speed with the ability to make big plays...but tht goes both ways. Rattlers got some playmakers too.

Gonna come down to special teams/ the 4th quarter.

Welcome to the pasture!

The last time the Rattlers played BellVille, I do believe that the Rattlers had 28 points at the half. And, before you go to saying that was 2007, Im aware of that. That was the same year that Navasota was picked to finish 4th behind, Giddings, Caldwell, and Bellville.

Navasota 28
Bellville 9, Halftime

Navasota 35
Bellville 25, Final

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-14-2009, 09:25 PM
Hey guys, I guess you might wanna see another game this week since a friend from Bellville just told me that they were gonna run Navasota in the ground this week. They say that thier defense will shut out the Rattlers and show them what D25 has. They believe they never got to prove themselves to the Rattlers last year and want to make up for not being able to play the game. They even hinted that Navasota cancelled the game because they did not want to play them.

I haven't had time to discuss this with the Rattlers, but I bet they have a very different opinion.

Has any poster from Bellville said anything to this nature? I have only read good things about both teams. Both the team, fans, and coaches from Bellville have all the respect in the world for the Navasota team. Both teams are top ten teams, and this will be a good test before district for both win or lose.
Please, Show us were Bellville fans have stated these things.

OldBison75
09-14-2009, 09:34 PM
I did not say any Bellville poster said those things, I said a friend of mine that lives in Bellville made that boast. It probably had alot to do with me goading him a little too. I did not mean for the post to imply there was not a mutual respect between the teams and coaches. He just was trying to get under my skin and since someone talked about making a long drive to watch the game, I thought I would pass the goading on. After all, someone had already tried to talk them into going to a different game.

I think you will see two very good teams that play hard and whoever makes the fewest mistakes will win. Bellville has some of the best fans and friednliest field personnel in the district and they are proud wihen they win and congratulatory when they lose, (to anybody but Sealy). Good luck and I look forward to a great game.

zebrablue2
09-14-2009, 09:40 PM

:stirpot: whatever. how many beers did he or she have in them when making this comment??? I truly believe U just had one of those :stirpot: dreams-- LOL... now wake up and come see the bulls pull out a close win from the snakes...

HEMOTOXIC
09-14-2009, 09:40 PM
This will be a great game. Can't wait!

Darren
09-14-2009, 09:44 PM
Sounds like its going to be a heck of a game. I have alot of respect for both programs and wish them the best. That being said I'll take Bellville by 10.

Bull's-eye
09-14-2009, 10:07 PM
Sounds like somebody is trying to make up some good bulletin board material. I saw right through that post when he said he had a friend from Bellville. :D

OldBison75
09-14-2009, 10:25 PM
Think what you want, the friend from Bellville is a former Police Officer and he still lives in Bellville. I talk to him regularly and we rag on each other alot. As for bulletin board material, I don't need to do that--Navasota is ready for Bellville and knows that if they win it will be because they played at the very top of thier game. As i said, there was a poster that said he was coming to the game from far away and another poster suggested another game. I typed what my friend said for no other reason than to mess with them. As for what i believe--Bellville will play hard and be damned good--Navasota will play hard and is probably a better balanced team this year than last. I thought last year's game would have been a barn burner and I think this one will be too. BUT--I pick my Rattlers (SURPRISE).

If I wanted to stir a pot, I damned sure could though.

zebrablue2
09-14-2009, 11:17 PM
Think what you want, the friend from Bellville is a former Police Officer and he still lives in Bellville. I talk to him regularly and we rag on each other alot. As for bulletin board material, I don't need to do that--Navasota is ready for Bellville and knows that if they win it will be because they played at the very top of thier game. As i said, there was a poster that said he was coming to the game from far away and another poster suggested another game. I typed what my friend said for no other reason than to mess with them. As for what i believe--Bellville will play hard and be damned good--Navasota will play hard and is probably a better balanced team this year than last. I thought last year's game would have been a barn burner and I think this one will be too. BUT--I pick my Rattlers (SURPRISE).

If I wanted to stir a pot, I damned sure could though.

:stirpot: and away you go!!!

striker
09-14-2009, 11:47 PM
For those who won't be able to make this game, it will be streamed live on www.navasotanews.com Just click on the Listen LIVE icon.

HEMOTOXIC
09-15-2009, 12:23 AM
Sounds like somebody is trying to make up some good bulletin board material. I saw right through that post when he said he had a friend from Bellville. :D

I did a lil digging. Here is what I found posted by:

dachosenone
Rookie

Member #: 8515

"Ike is most of the reason but I sinced a little fear in the heart of the Rattlers. They were vulnerable that week ie. no lights, school, etc. I don't know the details but I think the coach didn't want to take the chance of losing to the BRAHMAS."

beastyboyz
09-15-2009, 07:56 AM
The last time the Rattlers played BellVille, I do believe that the Rattlers had 28 points at the half. And, before you go to saying that was 2007, Im aware of that. That was the same year that Navasota was picked to finish 4th behind, Giddings, Caldwell, and Bellville.

Navasota 28
Bellville 9, Halftime

Navasota 35
Bellville 25, Final

You speak of 07, I think that's when all these seniors were sophomore right?? they had 8 sophomores starting on defense, including mike linebacker #36 jeremy jackson....

Its totally different now...

HEMOTOXIC
09-15-2009, 10:59 AM
You speak of 07, I think that's when all these seniors were sophomore right?? they had 8 sophomores starting on defense, including mike linebacker #36 jeremy jackson....

Its totally different now...

I agree, but, I posted that because although the Brahmas were having a bad year, the defense was supposedly good. Also, Navasota had a bunch of JR's and Sophomores too. Over the last 3 seasons, I haven't seen a defense that just dominated the Rattlers with the exception of Liberty Hill. If the Rattlers failed to score, it was due to the Rattlers turning the ball over, dropping passes, etc. But, we will see come Friday.

Go Snakes!

pirate4state
09-15-2009, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by striker
For those who won't be able to make this game, it will be streamed live on www.navasotanews.com Just click on the Listen LIVE icon. :thumbsup: SWEET!

navscanmaster
09-15-2009, 02:24 PM
Yeah, I had to work for that game ('07), but I really thought last year was the game we needed to be that much better of a team. Maybe that one game would have been the experience the Rattlers needed against a good defense. Maybe it would have held experiences in it that would have helped Jacolby settle down and not throw three red zone interceptions against La Vega.:(

What if, what if.....

Anyhow, the hype for this game is building up. KBTX made a mention of 6 vs. 9 on the sports segment last night. I am off Friday, so I will be there in time to get a prime seat!

Ex-Tiger2005
09-15-2009, 03:24 PM
I would love to be at this game!!!

SHSBulldog00
09-15-2009, 03:28 PM
The game is at The Pasture of Pain. It is very hard to win there, so Bellville will win this great matchup.

HEMOTOXIC
09-15-2009, 03:38 PM
Yeah, I had to work for that game ('07), but I really thought last year was the game we needed to be that much better of a team. Maybe that one game would have been the experience the Rattlers needed against a good defense. Maybe it would have held experiences in it that would have helped Jacolby settle down and not throw three red zone interceptions against La Vega.:(

What if, what if.....

Anyhow, the hype for this game is building up. KBTX made a mention of 6 vs. 9 on the sports segment last night. I am off Friday, so I will be there in time to get a prime seat!

Good point Paul. Bellville always play the Rattlers tough. I will be there early too. See you there.

Go Snakes!

BaTmAn24
09-15-2009, 05:15 PM
I think Navasota wins this one.

Navasota 24

Bellville 14

11as1
09-15-2009, 05:28 PM
This match up will be one for the ages, however i don't think it will be as good as last years would've been.

Good luck to both teams and with that being said i gotta go with the rattlers. Yes the bulls will be well rested after the off week but may show signs of rust after is too. Also having an effect on the game is jeremy jackson, who's in my prayers, because this past week he lost his little sister and who knows if he will be ready mentally for this physically and mentally tough battle.

Navasota 38
Bellville 28

IHStangFan
09-15-2009, 06:01 PM
I really wish I was back in the states already.....cause my weekend would include this game. I have to turn and pass right by Rattler Stadium on Hwy90 to head to the property. I'd stop in...catch this game....and then continue on my way up the road to Bedias, where I'd cap off my evening w/ some bbq, beer and perhaps a pig hunt. :)

9 more days!!!

:)

ExBrahmaZ
09-15-2009, 08:25 PM

Navasota 28
Bellville 9, Halftime

Navasota 35
Bellville 25, Final

O yeah that year when the brahmas went 5-5 and had like 4 seniors? O and they still ran the 4-3 defense not the 3-3 stack? Yeah your right Navasota beat us that year. Good Call!

navscanmaster
09-15-2009, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by ExBrahmaZ
O yeah that year when the brahmas went 5-5 and had like 4 seniors? O and they still ran the 4-3 defense not the 3-3 stack? Yeah your right Navasota beat us that year. Good Call!

This ought to sum up what I think everybody else is thinking about now:

Navasota and Bellville are so evenly matched that any prediction on the outcome is probably based on homerism. :D

That is what makes this such an intriguing matchup? More like "who ya got?" rather than "who do ya think?".

Can't wait!!!:cool:

Bull's-eye
09-15-2009, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I really wish I was back in the states already.....cause my weekend would include this game. I have to turn and pass right by Rattler Stadium on Hwy90 to head to the property. I'd stop in...catch this game....and then continue on my way up the road to Bedias, where I'd cap off my evening w/ some bbq, beer and perhaps a pig hunt. :)

9 more days!!!

:)

You would actually be very disappointed when you pulled up to an empty Rattler Stadium, the game is in Bellville. :doh:

beastyboyz
09-15-2009, 10:54 PM
I agree, but, I posted that because although the Brahmas were having a bad year, the defense was supposedly good. Also, Navasota had a bunch of JR's and Sophomores too. Over the last 3 seasons, I haven't seen a defense that just dominated the Rattlers with the exception of Liberty Hill. If the Rattlers failed to score, it was due to the Rattlers turning the ball over, dropping passes, etc. But, we will see come Friday.

Go Snakes!

It wasn't tht the team were having a bad year in 07 it was more that they were young, not many teams have 8 starting sophomores on their defense, with those 8 soph. They held who was suppose to be the best player in the state (brock fitzhenry) to 38 yard and 1 td...

I don't think navasota would have score no more than 14 points on the brahmas last year, or this year...

Now that the d has mostly seniors its a whole different level, #36,#21,#2,#9,#7,#25 are all older.... its gonnna be a amazing game...

D25 all the way...

(Sorry for the long post)

bvillebrahma010
09-15-2009, 11:35 PM
my looks at it

i dont think you can go into this game giving a projected score win and be serious about it. we all know that this is going to be a top notch game this week. it is gonna come down to who has the ball the last drive of the game. no, im not doubting our D, i know how good the Rattler offense is, i have seen them play two weeks ago while working out of town. they are good! i also know how good our defense is and there defense. it will be a battle between navasota offense and bellville defense.

Now is going to be the time that bellville offensive playmakers will need to do what they do. points will be scored by both teams, but whoever makes the fewest mistakes along with better play calling, will win this game. Both teams are about even.

now all that we can do is sit back and watch this game in awe! prayers for an injury free game and safe traveling! the weather has been GREAT this week!

HEMOTOXIC
09-16-2009, 12:09 AM
It wasn't tht the team were having a bad year in 07 it was more that they were young, not many teams have 8 starting sophomores on their defense, with those 8 soph. They held who was suppose to be the best player in the state (brock fitzhenry) to 38 yard and 1 td...

I don't think navasota would have score no more than 14 points on the brahmas last year, or this year...

Now that the d has mostly seniors its a whole different level, #36,#21,#2,#9,#7,#25 are all older.... its gonnna be a amazing game...

D25 all the way...

(Sorry for the long post)

Im sorry, are we talking about the same defense that Sealy scored 22 on? Heck even Smithville scored 14 on that "tough" Bellville defense. We will never know what would have happened in 08, but, chances are, the Rattlers would have scored more than 14. What we will see in 09 will be the battle of 2 good defenses. In three games, the Rattlers have allowed 6.6 points a game. All 20 came against Palestine. The Brahmas so far have given up 26 against Caldwell and the Livingston Lions managed 13. Anything is possible, but be realistic. We will see just how well the Brahma D put the brakes on the Rattlers.

pirate4state
09-16-2009, 12:15 AM
Im sorry, are we talking about the same defense that Sealy scored 22 on? Heck even Smithville scored 14 on that "tough" Bellville defense. We will never know what would have happened in 08, but, chances are, the Rattlers would have scored more than 14.
I think Sinton scored the most against Bellville last year. too bad it wasn't enough. oh well, last year is in the books. I've never seen Navasota play, but I've seen Bellville 3 times and I wouldn't bet against them, especially in that pasture they like so much. lol

HEMOTOXIC
09-16-2009, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I think Sinton scored the most against Bellville last year. too bad it wasn't enough. oh well, last year is in the books. I've never seen Navasota play, but I've seen Bellville 3 times and I wouldn't bet against them, especially in that pasture they like so much. lol

True.

IHStangFan
09-16-2009, 06:18 AM
You would actually be very disappointed when you pulled up to an empty Rattler Stadium, the game is in Bellville. :doh: Oh hell, thats' right...but luckily for me I go through Bellville on the way up as well!! YAY ME!! :D

MJMbrahmas10
09-16-2009, 07:03 AM
the thing that makes the brahma D so deadly is the amount of turnovers they force, imo this is a hidden stat

Bull's-eye
09-16-2009, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
the thing that makes the brahma D so deadly is the amount of turnovers they force, imo this is a hidden stat

This unit has been responsible for 10 fumbles & 1 INT in the first 2 games.

BrahmaMom
09-16-2009, 12:40 PM
We have done well on the forced fumbles. The Brahmas must be pumped, yet disciplined, to attack this Navasota team. This is a biggie, and they know it! At the Pasture, Parents' Night, yea it is a big night! Go Bulls!

11as1
09-16-2009, 02:23 PM
Just a quick thought last year the bellville defense had close to the same stats through the first two games. Being named and tied for the number one D in the state. However they slowed down and so will this year's after all the later in the season the more scounting reports work as an advantage. The bulls may force one turnover but the rattlers will still pull out the win

TRENCHES06
09-16-2009, 02:27 PM
bELLVILLE has the worst yardage in the district....according to the stats. Smithville has the best.

UPanIN
09-16-2009, 02:35 PM
It will be rockin in Bellville on Friday night

:cheerl:

and yes it's a "BIG" pre-district game but that's all it is.

Navasota 23
Bellville 19

GO RATTLERS!:clap:

BaTmAn24
09-16-2009, 03:48 PM
I really wish i could make this game but unfortunately work comes before play. Good luck to both teams but i still say Navasota's dynamic offense overpowers Bellville's defense.

navscanmaster
09-16-2009, 05:47 PM
So far the Rattlers have had only one turnover by the first team. Kye Hildreth threw an interception against Palestine. Our third string RB, who is actually pretty good, fumbled against Hearne late. Remember when you bring up seniors, Navasota is loaded as well. The offensive line has 4, including two college recruits. Hildreth, RB Gessner and WR Sweed are also seniors. The defense has 6 seniors that I can count off the top of my head, and if Kye comes over to help at safety, that makes 7 for sure. That may mean that next year will have a lot of questions, but this year, I feel pretty good about our chances (OMG, Rocket, sorry I stole your line) against any other 3A team we step up against.

Can't wait!!!!

Oh, by the way, I work with a guy from Bellville, coincidentally named Ray Bellville. He predicts a Brahma victory by two TDs.

OldBison75
09-16-2009, 05:53 PM
Scanmaster, be careful about saying someone said that Bellville will win, I said that after talking to the former cop friend and got lambasted for trying to create billboard material.

navscanmaster
09-16-2009, 06:13 PM
Scanmaster, be careful about saying someone said that Bellville will win, I said that after talking to the former cop friend and got lambasted for trying to create billboard material.

I'm just trying to let the people know. We talk a lot of HS football at work. The Madisonville fans are pulling for Bellville, too. I think they just want to know we are beatable, lol!

Speaking of the Madisonville guys, I am making a campaign to sign them up, but a lot of them only have either their Schlumberger email or something like hotmail, gmail, etc. that we can't use. Too bad I guess.

HEMOTOXIC
09-16-2009, 06:15 PM
I'm just trying to let the people know. We talk a lot of HS football at work. The Madisonville fans are pulling for Bellville, too. I think they just want to know we are beatable, lol!

Speaking of the Madisonville guys, I am making a campaign to sign them up, but a lot of them only have either their Schlumberger email or something like hotmail, gmail, etc. that we can't use. Too bad I guess.

Its really easy to get a yahoo, etc.

navscanmaster
09-16-2009, 06:30 PM
Its really easy to get a yahoo, etc.

I didn't think yahoo emails were usable to get a 3adl account either.

beastyboyz
09-16-2009, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06
bELLVILLE has the worst yardage in the district....according to the stats. Smithville has the best.

Ummm to an extent, yards really don't matter, long as points gets put on the board and a "W" is in the books, who cares for yards...

HEMOTOXIC
09-16-2009, 06:52 PM
I didn't think yahoo emails were usable to get a 3adl account either.

Yeah, you may be right. Now that I think of it, I used my blackberry account. :(

navscanmaster
09-16-2009, 07:02 PM
Ummm to an extent, yards really don't matter, long as points gets put on the board and a "W" is in the books, who cares for yards...

I agree. Ask Rockdale's fans. A 7-6 victory is still a victory. And it says numbers about your defense to be able to tough it out a whole game when your offense isn't getting it done.

dachosenone
09-16-2009, 09:56 PM

Tell him to call his old friends in Bellville or just stop by the house again. He knows who I'm speaking about.

dachosenone
09-16-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by 11as1
This match up will be one for the ages, however i don't think it will be as good as last years would've been.

Good luck to both teams and with that being said i gotta go with the rattlers. Yes the bulls will be well rested after the off week but may show signs of rust after is too. Also having an effect on the game is jeremy jackson, who's in my prayers, because this past week he lost his little sister and who knows if he will be ready mentally for this physically and mentally tough battle.

Navasota 38
Bellville 28

Thank you for the condolences from my family. Trust me when I tell you Jeremy wants nothing more than to get back on the field. With it being parents night & mom able to be there he will play with more emotion than ever.

OldBison75
09-16-2009, 10:12 PM
I want to send my condolences to the family of the Johnson boys who lost his little sister. I hope that he can play with the confidence and emotion that he seems to have all the time. I expect he and his team to be more than ready this week and emotions to be very high on both sides of the field.

I pray that the family will feel the hands of God and it's comfort in the coming weeks.

beastyboyz
09-16-2009, 10:18 PM
I agree. Ask Rockdale's fans. A 7-6 victory is still a victory. And it says numbers about your defense to be able to tough it out a whole game when your offense isn't getting it done.

Yea, a team can give up 1000 yards in the game...but long as they win, who cares...only thing ppl care about is do your team have more points than the opponent with the final buzzer buzzes...

2 more days til the showdown!!!

Bull's-eye
09-16-2009, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by dachosenone
Tell him to call his old friends in Bellville or just stop by the house again. He knows who I'm speaking about.

I'll give him a call tomorrow. He won't be at the game on Friday, but wants me to keep him posted.

My condolences to you & your family.

Gators17
09-16-2009, 11:27 PM
I send my condolences and prayers to the Jackson family. I, myself, have never lost a sibling or any close family member for that matter and can only imagine the pain he's feeling. I hope he's able to control his emotions and play with the tenacity we all know lies inside of him. I'm going to take Bellville in this one, 28-14.

1st and goal
09-17-2009, 07:59 AM
Condolences and prayers from Giddings.

I still think this should be GOTW in BOTH regions!!!!

44INAROW
09-17-2009, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by 1st and goal

I still think this should be GOTW in BOTH regions!!!!

:D :stirpot: :stirpot:

pirate4state
09-17-2009, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by 1st and goal

I still think this should be GOTW in BOTH regions!!!! Well, next year when they are looking for volunteers, step up to the plate!

Bull's-eye
09-17-2009, 11:35 AM
I called Subway & they decided to make it their GOTW. :D

http://thm-a03.yimg.com/image/9f15f2dcc1eaa9c4

HEMOTOXIC
09-17-2009, 11:57 AM
I called Subway & they decided to make it their GOTW. :D

http://thm-a03.yimg.com/image/9f15f2dcc1eaa9c4

One more day!:D

Bull's-eye
09-17-2009, 12:21 PM
One more day!:D

You can say that again! :)

Have a safe trip tomorrow, hopefully we will see a game for the ages.

HEMOTOXIC
09-17-2009, 12:48 PM
You can say that again! :)

Have a safe trip tomorrow, hopefully we will see a game for the ages.

Thanks, and hope so too.

HEMOTOXIC
09-17-2009, 04:04 PM
Harris Pick courtesy of www.brazossports.com

Navasota Rattlers at Bellville Brahmas

Records: Navasota (24-3A) 3-0; Bellville (25-3A) 2-0

Last year's meeting: The teams did not play

Last week's games: Navasota 27, Hearne 0; Bellville did not play

Harris Ratings pick: Navasota by 3 points

The Bryan/College Station Eagle David Cambell's pick:
Navasota at Bellville -- Rattlers in the Pasture. Navasota, 28-21

Hurricane Ike forced the cancellation of what looked to be one of last season's best games, Navasota vs. Bellville.

The Rattlers play Bellville this Friday at the Pasture of Pain, and the game might be worth the wait. Bellville is 2-0 and ranked sixth in Class 3A. Navasota, which joined the poll last week, is 3-0 and now ranked ninth.

Belllville had to eke out a 28-26 win over Caldwell in its opener, but Caldwell has won back-to-back blowouts since then. Bellville also beat Livingston, which followed up by overwhelming Caney Creek 63-20.

Navasota has already posted two shutouts this season and beaten a Palestine team that upset Van last week. Kesnick Jones has averaged 13.7 tackles per game while still finding time to rush for 225 yards (10.7 yards per carry). Quarterback Kye Hildreth has rushed for 257 yards and passed for 416.

In one less game, Josh Browning has rushed for 181 yards and four touchdowns for Bellville. Wayne Houston has 110 yards rushing on 10 carries. Kyle Mueller has thrown for 109 yards. Jeremy Jackson is averaging 16.5 tackles per game for the Brahmas while causing and recovering a fumble.

Doug Foster stepped up to the head coaching job in Bellville after Huey Chancellor departed for Longview Pine Tree. He posted a 115-48 record in 14 years with the Brahmas.

It is a big game for prestige. The loser will drop down, and possibly out of the poll. A win may not directly help in your district race, but any momentum that Navasota can build won't hurt. 24-3A teams seem prepared to provide a weekly challenge to the Rattlers' defense of their district title.

And in Bellville's 25-3A, the only team that has lost is 2-1 Smithville. The other five are unbeaten.

This year, when Bellville and Navasota finally meet, it looks like the power is on.

My Pick again:

Navasota 32
Bellville 28

navscanmaster
09-17-2009, 04:28 PM
Wow. Tomorrow at this time, I will be getting ready to go to Bellville. The buildup to this game has been tremendous. And to think the DQ game of the week is next week in Navasota vs. Rudder.:hand: :thmbdwn:

HEMOTOXIC
09-17-2009, 04:29 PM
Wow. Tomorrow at this time, I will be getting ready to go to Bellville. The buildup to this game has been tremendous. And to think the DQ game of the week is next week in Navasota vs. Rudder.:hand: :thmbdwn:

My thoughts exactly.:doh:

bvillebrahma010
09-17-2009, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06

Our yardage is so bad, because the D always makes teams fumble on the 20 or 30, or take it back for a TD... or intercept...! haha jkjk :)

navscanmaster
09-17-2009, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by bvillebrahma010
Our yardage is so bad, because the D always makes teams fumble on the 20 or 30, or take it back for a TD... or intercept...! haha jkjk :)

:p :D

striker
09-17-2009, 09:43 PM

I'm thinking Fox Sports Southwest wanted to visit the new Rattler Stadium and Navasota and that is why the DQ " Big Game of the Week" is scheduled for next week against Bryan Rudder. Just my thoughts...

striker
09-17-2009, 09:44 PM
Any word on how the JV and Frosh games went tonight in Navasota?

HEMOTOXIC
09-17-2009, 09:47 PM

Freshmen

Bellville 30
Navasota 27

JV

Bellville 6
Navasota 21

Bull's-eye
09-17-2009, 09:52 PM

Bellville 7th A, 8th A & 9th grade all defeated the Navasota teams. The 8th grade A team won 33-0.

KL3
09-17-2009, 10:22 PM
Bellville's 8th grade team has now beaten Brenham 22-0 and Navasota 33-0. That team is loaded. They are probably about the same talent-wise as this years senior group.

garciap77
09-17-2009, 10:26 PM
I'm going with Rattlers, because HEMOTOXIC has an awesome sign!:)

zebrablue2
09-17-2009, 10:34 PM

should have been tomorrow night in bellville, thats for sure. good luck to both teams, and play injury free. everyone have a safe trip to bellville, and enjoy the game. should be a great one..

HEMOTOXIC
09-17-2009, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
I'm going with Rattlers, because HEMOTOXIC has an awesome sign!:)

:D :cool: :thumbsup: :iagree:

lulu
09-17-2009, 11:53 PM
:D :cool: :thumbsup: :iagree:

That's just plain UPSETTING:(

HEMOTOXIC
09-18-2009, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by lulu
That's just plain UPSETTING:(

:confused:

lulu
09-18-2009, 12:05 AM
:confused:

The Snake!!!!!!!!! DUDE.....it's wild.
No offense to you,,,,,,your just peachy. It's just my fear of Snakes and that's just about the meanest one I ever saw.:hairpunk:

HEMOTOXIC
09-18-2009, 12:12 AM
The Snake!!!!!!!!! DUDE.....it's wild.
No offense to you,,,,,,your just peachy. It's just my fear of Snakes and that's just about the meanest one I ever saw.:hairpunk:

LOL, got ya. Oh, Im terrified of snakes!

lulu
09-18-2009, 12:17 AM
LOL, got ya. Oh, Im terrified of snakes!

Well then,,,,,,Put that one away. We'll both rest better.
Did you see the post that Waterboy sent me on another thread? I had made comment on there about your snake so he sent me a horrible pic. Can't remember the thread name right now.

It was on "where is the best 3a team right now"

HEMOTOXIC
09-18-2009, 12:28 AM
Well then,,,,,,Put that one away. We'll both rest better.
Did you see the post that Waterboy sent me on another thread? I had made comment on there about your snake so he sent me a horrible pic. Can't remember the thread name right now.

It was on "where is the best 3a team right now"

I haven't but I will check it out.

tiger eye
09-18-2009, 07:23 AM
The red bulls will need more than the stickers on the carpet at the pasture of pain in this one. The snakes come in with confidence and poise and none of the looming questions that plague the
Bellville boys about issues "off the field" posed by
feuding parents over positions and playing time and alleged mis-conduct of some key players.
snakes will bring the bulls down at the pasture 31-21. Expect a hard fought one at the pasture.
Defenses' will determine the winner in this one.
sorry, but that's the way I see it.

HEMOTOXIC
09-18-2009, 07:27 AM
Friday! Finally here.

Go Snakes!

trg
09-18-2009, 07:57 AM
Go Bulls!!! Our boys will come ready to play and leave it all on the field where it should be. With that being said good luck to both teams for an injury free game. And safe travel to all who are coming to the game.

MJMbrahmas10
09-18-2009, 08:01 AM
may i ask what you are talkin about, what off the field issues??

trg
09-18-2009, 08:03 AM
He is probably just :stirpot: :stirpot: Shame on him

BrahmaMom
09-18-2009, 08:04 AM
Childish comments aside, today is a big day for both teams! Both are talented and driven. Both are well-coached and have skill players. Both have a history of success and tradition (though the name-calling is not the best example of class and tradition, IMO). May both teams come out of tonight injury-free and play to the best of their abilities. That said, of course I love the Brahmas and want the clock to run out with the Bulls ahead. They will have to play to the best of their abilities to take care of the Rattlers and focus and play disciplined ball. I know they can do it!! Will the Red Mustache make the game, Bull'sEye? GO BRAHMAS!!

OldBison75
09-18-2009, 08:32 AM
Tonight could be one of the best games to be played this year. Two top programs playing on a field that is traditionally a big home field advantage. Both teams have entered the season with high hopes and some questions due to personnel changes from the previous year, both have been pretty impressive leading up to this game, both are highly ranked. Former district foes and now in different regions, this might be a game that defines the future of one or the other, or even a preview of a future State Playoff game.

I don't know where the post about the problems in Bellville came from, but no one in Navasota has heard any such thing and in fact our coaches say that Bellville is together, committed, and playing very well as a team.

I expect that there will be a multitude of good hits, big plays, and loud fans. The pasture will be packed and probably pretty rowdy.
Everybody be safe on the roads and come watch a great game and matchup. Not only do I believe in the Rattlers because I'm a Rattler fan, but I believe that as a football fan they have the weapons and enough defense to pull this one out. I pick Navasota by 7.

Bulligator
09-18-2009, 09:18 AM
:iagree:

I couldn't of said it any better OldBison. Coming from an Old Brahma in Raccoon Bend, I've heard no mention of any problems on the team. The opposite is what they have this year. This Senior group has been playing together since youth leagues, and the leadership and brotherhood are very strong. To see all those young men in their red shirts at the funeral last Saturday for their teammates sister brought tears to my eyes. It made me want to suit up again with my old team. I wonder, is there High School football in heaven?

And oh, I pick Bellville by 7.:)

pirate4state
09-18-2009, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
Childish comments aside, today is a big day for both teams! Both are talented and driven. Both are well-coached and have skill players. Both have a history of success and tradition (though the name-calling is not the best example of class and tradition, IMO). May both teams come out of tonight injury-free and play to the best of their abilities. That said, of course I love the Brahmas and want the clock to run out with the Bulls ahead. They will have to play to the best of their abilities to take care of the Rattlers and focus and play disciplined ball. I know they can do it!! Will the Red Mustache make the game, Bull'sEye? GO BRAHMAS!! :clap: Great post, as always! Good Luck tonight!

venomous tat2
09-18-2009, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
Childish comments aside, today is a big day for both teams! Both are talented and driven. Both are well-coached and have skill players. Both have a history of success and tradition (though the name-calling is not the best example of class and tradition, IMO). May both teams come out of tonight injury-free and play to the best of their abilities. That said, of course I love the Brahmas and want the clock to run out with the Bulls ahead. They will have to play to the best of their abilities to take care of the Rattlers and focus and play disciplined ball. I know they can do it!! Will the Red Mustache make the game, Bull'sEye? GO BRAHMAS!!

The Red mustache won't make this game I just got off the phone with him . He just got out of the hospital with pneumonia and is very weak right now he would have loved to make this game he talked about it all summer long he also said to tell all of you hello .

HEMOTOXIC
09-18-2009, 10:10 AM
The Red mustache won't make this game I just got off the phone with him . He just got out of the hospital with pneumonia and is very weak right now he would have loved to make this game he talked about it all summer long he also said to tell all of you hello .

Awe, too bad, we would have love to have seen him. I do wish that he regains his strength and health asap!

Bull's-eye
09-18-2009, 11:02 AM

Did he give a prediction? I think he's leaning toward Navasota, but he wouldn't be to upset if Bellville won. :D

He said to tell everybody thanks for thinking about him. Special thanks to those coaches who gave him a call, he thinks the world of you guys. :)

venomous tat2
09-18-2009, 11:43 AM
Did he give a prediction? I think he's leaning toward Navasota, but he wouldn't be to upset if Bellville won. :D

He said to tell everybody thanks for thinking about him. Special thanks to those coaches who gave him a call, he thinks the world of you guys. :)

You're right he wins anyway you look at , Lol .

Move The Chains
09-18-2009, 12:42 PM
In Bellville at 7:30? I might make this one.

MJMbrahmas10
09-18-2009, 12:57 PM
I heard he was comin.

HEMOTOXIC
09-18-2009, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
In Bellville at 7:30? I might make this one.

Correct.

1. Make sure you dress in Royal Blue and White
2. Arrive in Bellville before 7p
3. Sit on the visitors side.

I do realize you are from Somerville. Navasota will welcome you with open arms. :D

Move The Chains
09-18-2009, 01:01 PM
Correct.

1. Make sure you dress in Royal Blue and White
2. Arrive in Bellville before 7p
3. Sit on the visitors side.

I do realize you are from Somerville. Navasota will welcome you with open arms. :D Thanks. I don't know. Maybe I'll wear white... sit where there is space and hope for a good ball game. :)

HEMOTOXIC
09-18-2009, 01:02 PM
Thanks. I don't know. Maybe I'll wear white... sit where there is space and hope for a good ball game. :)

I hear ya. Either way it should be a great game.

Safe traveling.

Move The Chains
09-18-2009, 01:05 PM
I hear ya. Either way it should be a great game.

Safe traveling. Yep. I've got no dog in the fight. I'd just like to see 2 top teams go at it. Is there a M&G?

HEMOTOXIC
09-18-2009, 01:05 PM
Yep. I've got no dog in the fight. I'd just like to see 2 top teams go at it. Is there a M&G?

Not that Im aware of.

Gators17
09-18-2009, 05:49 PM
Them snakes better get ready, it's almost gametime! The Bellville faithful will pack the fans tonight and should be one helluva ball game. Hopefully my Brahmas will pull this one out and finally show me what they're capable of!

striker
09-18-2009, 07:30 PM
Listen LIVE to the Rattlers vs. Bellville at www.navasotanews.com

BTownVBall3
09-18-2009, 07:39 PM
Can I get some live updates I'm 30 min away from my computer.

striker
09-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Navasota 7 Bellville 6 1st

Bellville just scored from the 1

striker
09-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Game tied with 6:15 in the 1st

Navasota 7 - Bellville 7

BTownVBall3
09-18-2009, 07:49 PM
Some quick touchdowns. Definitely think that favors the rattlers.

striker
09-18-2009, 07:58 PM
Navasota 7 - Bellville 7

Bell driving on Rattler 35

INT by the Rattlers

striker
09-18-2009, 08:21 PM
2:31 left in the 2nd

Navasota 14 - Bellville 7

a couple of turnovers from each team

striker
09-18-2009, 08:34 PM
Navasota 21 - Bellville 7

Halftime

X15-MEM
09-18-2009, 10:22 PM
Great game by both teams but think the zebras still need a bit of practice. The Navasota offense was as good or better than there billing, great size and power, excellent speed and very good receivers. Bellville countered with good defense sometimes great but costly mistakes and penalties limited there success on both sides of the ball. Even though Mueller had three interceptions this was one of or maybe his best game passing and decision making. See where both these teams could go a long way come November and December. Congratulations to the Rattlers on the win. Bulls chalk this one up to a lesson learned and move forward, being a winner is more than just the score on the board.

Pudlugger
09-18-2009, 11:26 PM
Congratulations to Navasota beating a tough Bellville team. Good luck the rest of the way.

BaTmAn24
09-19-2009, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by BaTmAn24
I think Navasota wins this one.

Navasota 24

Bellville 14

You're welcome i also predict lottery numbers :)