PDA

View Full Version : Prosper vs. Bridgeport FINAL

bowleghorses
09-11-2009, 11:58 PM
Prosper 24- Bridgeport 0

bowleghorses
09-12-2009, 12:04 AM
How about that "D"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rolltider
09-12-2009, 12:38 AM
Prosper ROLLS!!!!!

1st and goal
09-12-2009, 07:22 AM
WOW :eek:

Bullaholic
09-12-2009, 07:47 AM
Add the Bulls to the list of teams taking it on the chin in Wk. 2...

The Bull "D" was magnificent nearly all night, despite the score----unfortunately, the Prosper "D" was even better than that---it's been a long time since I have seen a Bull "O" stifled like that by anybody. The Prosper "D" is the real deal---they shut down everything. If the Eagles can find a little more "O", I think they may be on the road to repeat as a state champ in D1.

The Bulls still have work to do in getting the "O" in gear, but the "D" played heroically and shined by shutting the Eagle "O" down many times. It was only 10-0 Prosper at the half, thanks to a pick6 by the Prosper "D" and a FG.

Congrats to the Prosper Eagles for a good win and best of luck to them in the pursuit of that second state title...they are a very fine football team.

Go Bulls!

slpybear the bullfan
09-12-2009, 11:17 AM
I too was impressed with defense on both sides.

Score was a bit misleading for the Bulls D... A pick 6 led to 7 for Prosper, turnover led to a shortfield and another 7... and when both teams had backups in, the second team gave up the other TD.

Both teams dropped touchdown catches, so I would say weather kept the score down a bit.

Hat's off to Prosper, they would have beat us in dry weather or wet weather either one.

NOW, for the main reason I want to post... Very impressed with the sportsmanship on the field last night. Typical game, with players wound up and playing hard, but after the game Prosper came over to stand behind the Bulls during teh school song. After it was over, they mixed for a bit and congratulated each other. Propser went over to do their school song, then both teams met back on the field to "kneel for a moment of silence" as we call it today. Congrats guys, you are much more mature than we adults give you credit for.

Farmersfan
09-13-2009, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
I too was impressed with defense on both sides.

Score was a bit misleading for the Bulls D... A pick 6 led to 7 for Prosper, turnover led to a shortfield and another 7... and when both teams had backups in, the second team gave up the other TD.

Both teams dropped touchdown catches, so I would say weather kept the score down a bit.

Hat's off to Prosper, they would have beat us in dry weather or wet weather either one.

NOW, for the main reason I want to post... Very impressed with the sportsmanship on the field last night. Typical game, with players wound up and playing hard, but after the game Prosper came over to stand behind the Bulls during teh school song. After it was over, they mixed for a bit and congratulated each other. Propser went over to do their school song, then both teams met back on the field to "kneel for a moment of silence" as we call it today. Congrats guys, you are much more mature than we adults give you credit for.

It sounds remarkedly like the previous week. The Farmers lost to Prosper 27-0 but it felt like the score did not reflect the true game. I wonder if this might be a M.O. of this Prosper team? Make the opponent "THINK" they are in the game and all the while running up the score..........:D

ssgmp5150
09-13-2009, 10:50 AM
Question is......How were the officials???? lol

bowleghorses
09-13-2009, 11:01 AM
Remember the old saying...offense wins games,defenses wins championships. Prosper was under the radar all last year.