PDA

View Full Version : my first game of the year - brownwood vs stephenville

jason
09-11-2009, 10:18 PM
a lot of hype for this game

most of you who know me know that i am unbiased and pretty objective when i am at games and have no affiliation with either team

that being said

brownwood is terrible
defense cant stop anybody
offense cant move the ball

their punter is pretty good though

stephenville surprised me, they are better than last year - they have a running back who is big and fast

the 35-0 shutout is the first one stephenville has had vs brownwood since 1950....

at least it stopped raining before the 2nd half and i only had a 3 minute drive home....

DDBooger
09-11-2009, 10:46 PM
it was that bad?

BwdLion73
09-11-2009, 10:51 PM
Not for Jason....:thinking:

marlin fan
09-11-2009, 10:54 PM
how were the bands looking jason?:nerd:

BwdLion73
09-11-2009, 11:00 PM
Hey marlin fan ...I can answer that...Our horn section was injured and we could not make it out for the half.

marlin fan
09-11-2009, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
Hey marlin fan ...I can answer that...Our horn section was injured and we could not make it out for the half. oh that sux

BwdLion73
09-11-2009, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
oh that sux

Don't worry We will be back at full band power by district.

We got our hat handed to us tonight and I know we are going to get an ear full. I still like what I have seen from our bunch.

blowfish
09-11-2009, 11:14 PM
Please dont let Rocket see this thread! :nerd:

jason
09-11-2009, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
it was that bad? the first half, brownwood had 95 yards of offense...

after 2 possessions in the 2nd half, they were down to 92.....

i think they finally moved the ball some vs backups late in the 4th, but we left with about 9 minutes left...

Pick6
09-11-2009, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by jason
the first half, brownwood had 95 yards of offense...

after 2 possessions in the 2nd half, they were down to 92.....

i think they finally moved the ball some vs backups late in the 4th, but we left with about 9 minutes left...

You know Rocket will have some crybaby excuse. Give him time to make something up.

LE Dad
09-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by jason
a lot of hype for this game

most of you who know me know that i am unbiased and pretty objective when i am at games and have no affiliation with either team

that being said

brownwood is terrible
defense cant stop anybody
offense cant move the ball

their punter is pretty good though

stephenville surprised me, they are better than last year - they have a running back who is big and fast

the 35-0 shutout is the first one stephenville has had vs brownwood since 1950....

at least it stopped raining before the 2nd half and i only had a 3 minute drive home.... :eek: :eek:

BwdLion73
09-11-2009, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
You know Rocket will have some crybaby excuse. Give him time to make something up. I'm on now P6.....but I need some time to think up a crybaby excuse.

Sweetwater Red
09-11-2009, 11:44 PM
Hey marlin fan. There is only one West Texas band that
I will make a point to watch at halftime. I got to
watch that band tonight. That would be Monahans. They are good.

Looking4number8
09-11-2009, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
it was that bad?

It was tonight... lots of injuries but we were pretty much out of it before the injury bug hit us...

95mustang
09-12-2009, 12:46 AM
No excuses from me. We got out played. We are young and I feel we can learn and grow from this. The weather was awful tonight, but that is not an excuse from me. We just got beat by a very good Stephenville team tonight. I will take my lumps. I will not say our defense is bad. Tonight they did not play that good, but they are good. We seemed out of sync all night.

Eagle 1
09-12-2009, 02:14 AM
In Brownwoods defense, I heard they had 5 starters get hurt in the game, plus the other 2 or 3 starters they already had out.
The injury bug sure has taken a toll on the Lions this year.:(
Its hard to win a game with that many starters out at ANY level.

Footballhudini
09-12-2009, 06:57 AM
few things make hoodini as happy as a brownwood loss. :D

garciap77
09-12-2009, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by 95mustang
No excuses from me. We got out played. We are young and I feel we can learn and grow from this. The weather was awful tonight, but that is not an excuse from me. We just got beat by a very good Stephenville team tonight. I will take my lumps. I will not say our defense is bad. Tonight they did not play that good, but they are good. We seemed out of sync all night.

Not trying to start anything, but I keep hearing "We are young". Do you mean you have not seniors on the team? Please explain. Not trying to take shoot, just want to understand what you mean by “We are young”. Bottom line, it's only one non-district loss. If everyone that is injured is healthy by district, I still see BW making a deep run into the playoffs, if not win the state title. Good luck in the rest of your season.

garciap77
09-12-2009, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Footballhudini
few things make hoodini as happy as a brownwood loss. :D

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-angry019.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Emerson1
09-12-2009, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
In Brownwoods defense, I heard they had 5 starters get hurt in the game, plus the other 2 or 3 starters they already had out.
Its hard to win a game with that many starters out at ANY level.
Wasn't that the excuse last year too?

95mustang
09-12-2009, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
Not trying to start anything, but I keep hearing "We are young". Do you mean you have not seniors on the team? Please explain. Not trying to take shoot, just want to understand what you mean by “We are young”. Bottom line, it's only one non-district loss. If everyone that is injured is healthy by district, I still see BW making a deep run into the playoffs, if not win the state title. Good luck in the rest of your season.

Try 2 seniors.

BwdLion73
09-12-2009, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1

No silly, last years excuse was our defense. Most good fans try to rotate excuses each season.
It's a non-district loss we will be OK.:p

Looking4number8
09-12-2009, 09:38 AM
The weather was awful tonight,

YEP IT WAS

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/phoca_thumb_l_img_94361.jpg

95mustang
09-12-2009, 09:40 AM
I still haven't dried out.

Looking4number8
09-12-2009, 09:45 AM

4 of the 5 starters that I know of from last night start both ways.. so you could almost say 9 starters were out in at least a portion of last nights game. I also know a couple of kids were playing with the flu. Now like 95 said, no excuses, Stephenville came to play. We probally would have lost last night anyways but just not 35-0. Stephenville is good but we did not execute

Here is the hit that put our qb out last night, no word yet on when he will play again.

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/phoca_thumb_l_img_00991.jpg

Emerson1
09-12-2009, 10:44 AM
Try 2 seniors.
Apparently having a lot of seniors last year wasn't much help.

Sweetwater Red
09-12-2009, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
4 of the 5 starters that I know of from last night start both ways.. so you could almost say 9 starters were out in at least a portion of last nights game. I also know a couple of kids were playing with the flu. Now like 95 said, no excuses, Stephenville came to play. We probally would have lost last night anyways but just not 35-0. Stephenville is good but we did not execute

Here is the hit that put our qb out last night, no word yet on when he will play again.

Ouch! Not good! Hopefully it isn't as bad as it looks like it could be.

Sville
09-12-2009, 11:10 AM
The Jackets are young too. 16 of our 22 starters are underclassmen, 8 on offense and 8 on defense. We have 5 sophomores starting on defense.

Looking4number8
09-12-2009, 11:14 AM

Dude, We get it, we sucked last year... we are in the 3rd week of the 09 season, move on to a new year

Geeez

95mustang
09-12-2009, 11:15 AM

Got to love that kicking when their down stuff. We will be okay. Kick away now cause the Lions will be back.

LH Panther Mom
09-12-2009, 11:17 AM
No, they had the one move "away", then others got hurt, so they had to move up the youngsters. ;)

Sville
09-12-2009, 11:18 AM
Don't worry fellas, like Earl says, that Karma can be a b***h.

Looking4number8
09-12-2009, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
No, they had the one move "away", then others got hurt, so they had to move up the youngsters. ;)

Again I say ... We get it, move on to 2009...

On a side note, the one we had "Move away" last year is starting as a true freshman today for UT on special teams and DB even after sitting out his senior year with a serious knee injury. If you watch the game today he is number 16... Go Kenny Vaccaro, make Brown County proud!

blowfish
09-12-2009, 11:34 AM
Taylor County will have 3 D1 quarterbacks starting today.

Colt McCoy - Jim Ned - Texas

Taylor Potts - Abilene High - Texas Tech

Case Keenum - Wylie - Houston

Looking4number8
09-12-2009, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by blowfish
Taylor County will have 3 D1 quarterbacks starting today.

Colt McCoy - Jim Ned - Texas

Taylor Potts - Abilene High - Texas Tech

Case Keenum - Wylie - Houston

Awesome!!!!!

LH_Tuff
09-12-2009, 11:38 AM
On a side note, the one we had "Move away" last year is starting as a true freshman today for UT on special teams and DB even after sitting out his senior year with a serious knee injury. If you watch the game today he is number 16... Go Kenny Vaccaro, make Brown County proud!

This is awesome. Not too many true freshman start for Mack Brown.

On another note - How is Casey Pachall doing this year at TCU? During our playoff game against Sweetwater last year, I had the privilege of sitting next to Casey and some of his family. Great kid. And man did he have a game against LH last year. I look forward to seeing him play for TCU.

Looking4number8
09-12-2009, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
This is awesome. Not too many true freshman start for Mack Brown.

On another note - How is Casey Pachall doing this year at TCU? During our playoff game against Sweetwater last year, I had the privilege of sitting next to Casey and some of his family. Great kid. And man did he have a game against LH last year. I look forward to seeing him play for TCU.

This was what Mac Brown said about Kenny in the Austin paper, these are pretty big words from Mac...

"Kenny was here in the spring, but he did not get to practice because of a high school knee operation. He was a big surprise for us. He's one that we're really excited about."

As for Casey, we thought he struggeled in the LH game last year. 2 pick 6's and 2 fumbles, but he did make some good plays both throwing and running (I just watched that game on rockets game film web site a couple of days ago) The boy has the arm of the century and get wheels.. I think he will red shirt at TCU this year but he has a great future! I miss watching him make throws that make some pro qb's look bad

Looking4number8
09-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Here is Mac thanking Lion King for talking Kenny into going to Texas....

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/MacBrown017.jpg

garciap77
09-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Try 2 seniors.

Only two seniors on the team?:thinking: What happened to the rest of them?

Looking4number8
09-12-2009, 07:20 PM
Only two seniors on the team?:thinking: What happened to the rest of them?

only two starters.. rest dont get much play time at all

Footballhudini
09-12-2009, 08:30 PM
2-8 imo

garciap77
09-12-2009, 09:04 PM
only two starters.. rest dont get much play time at all

Wylie plays as many players as possible. One gets hurt we have another to takes his place. In the Vernon game everyone played. As you already know, Coach Sandifer rotates players in and out all throughout the game. This allows for plenty of experience and rest.

LE Dad
09-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Wylie plays as many players as possible. One gets hurt we have another to takes his place. In the Vernon game everyone played. As you already know, Coach Sandifer rotates players in and out all throughout the game. This allows for plenty of experience and rest. :clap: :clap: Quality team :clap: :clap:

IrishTex
09-12-2009, 09:40 PM
Congrats to Wylie...
You guys are heading for another great year...

Now, not being a wise guy...but what happened to the Wood?

I'm glad i didn't have the temptation of putting any money on them....

:cool:

garciap77
09-12-2009, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
Congrats to Wylie...
You guys are heading for another great year...

Now, not being a wise guy...but what happened to the Wood?

I'm glad i didn't have the temptation of putting any money on them....

:cool:

Only time I bet against the Wood is when they are playing Wylie! So far, I'm on the losing end, but hope to break even this year! :D

Ex-Tiger2005
09-13-2009, 09:34 AM

looks like a low blow to me! was he penalized?

Looking4number8
09-13-2009, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
looks like a low blow to me! was he penalized?

no penelty and guys I have to tell you, a couple of the refs were very one sidded in the first half.. lots of blown and missed calls against us... I really think a couple of the other refs got on them at half time because in the 2nd half it was much better.. Before you jump on me, I am not blaming the refs for the loss, Stephenville came out and whipped us in the 2nd half but it was really sickening in the first half to watch.

daug
09-13-2009, 09:04 PM
I hear he is done for the season.

BwdLions
09-16-2009, 09:39 AM
I was at the game Friday and it was ugly. I think the only Brownwood game I've been to that was worse than this one was against Everman a few years ago in the playoffs. I'm not sure which injured players will be back this week against LH, but I hope some of them will be.