PDA

View Full Version : A&M Lineman Dies...

Bulldog92
11-25-2002, 08:48 PM
I hate to bring this up during this exciting time for high school football fans, but some sad news came out of College Station. Freshman lineman Brandon Fails passed away this morning prior to practice. Let's take a moment and say a prayer for those close to him and his coaches and teammates in Aggieland. frown

sinton66
11-25-2002, 08:56 PM
My heartfelt sympathies go out to his family, friends and team mates. May God bless and give them peace.

CentralTxFan
11-25-2002, 09:05 PM
Here is a link with a story about what happened. What a sad time for this young man's family, his fellow teammates and coaches, and students at Aggieland. God Bless Brandon's family.

http://www.tamu.edu/aggiedaily/4.html

Brahma73
11-25-2002, 09:14 PM
I know I speak for all the Ags in Bellville when I say this news today was heartbreaking & stunning. What a trajedy for a fine young man to lose his life. God bless his family and friends. Please keep them all in your prayers.

Bellville22
11-25-2002, 10:29 PM
Kinda rough up here in Aggieland, especially w/ coach controversy and preparing for a tough trip to Austin, although football doesn't seem all that important when something like this happens. I've got a couple of players in my morning classes, and it was clear what an emotional blow this is, I think everybody's still in somewhat of a state of shock. One of them told me it was a heart attack, but I don't think they're certain what happened, i'm sure tests are being done. I know he had knee surgery earlier this year, possible that had something to do w/ it. Whatever the cause, we've lost a member of our Aggie Family. Pray for his family and friends as they cope w/ such a sudden and tragic lost, as well as his teammates as they try to prepare for this weekend, I'm sure there's nothing Brandon would want more than for his boys to go ahead and Beat the Hell Outta t.u.

God Bless and have a safe weekend of playoff football.

Adidas410s
11-26-2002, 12:25 AM
I just realized that I hung out with him a couple of weeks ago. One of my best friends runs track at A&M and "Juicy" (Brandon's nickname) was his suitemate. We were there after the Tech game and he was very cordial of Tech and a gentlemen to my girlfriend and I. He will truly be missed because he was a great young man w/a sweet spirit. Something like this really puts into perspective for me just how precious life is.

54BLACK
11-26-2002, 11:57 PM
It really is sad how young this guy was and it reminds you how short life can be and that you need to spend each day letting people know how important they are to you. I also want to thank UT for being respectful to the tragedy at A&M, I think it really reflects well on the school and the team.

ej2525
11-27-2002, 10:36 AM
I heard the results on the news this morning that the cause of death was a large blood clot dislodged from his leg and traveled to his lungs resulting in his death. Sad story for Aggs and anyone for that matter.

LG-all-the-way
11-27-2002, 12:19 PM
My sympathy goes out to Brandon's family and of course to his team. I also want to thank UT for showing thier support by cancelling thier rally.......you all have such good hearts thanks and good luck on Friday. frown