PDA

View Full Version : Region 4 weather - upset watch

R4Editor
09-11-2009, 03:36 PM
They say a wet field is a great equalizer. Well today many fields go beyond wet to almost underwater. Games to watch:

La Grange's speed and passing game vs. Needville's power running attack. On a dry fast field the Leps are the clear favorite, tonight, in a downpour, this game comes down to the basics, blocking, tackling, and turnovers. I think the weather favors the jays.

Cuero vs. Devine. If their is obvious strengths the Gobblers have over Devine, it's speed and big play ability. Are those strengths negated by a slow, wet field? The Warhourses pound the ball; it's what they are good at and what they practice. If Devine can control some clock, and not give up too many big plays…? Cuero still looks good in this one, but the huge victory espoused by the many Gobbler fans that frequent here…maybe, maybe not.

Edna vs. Van Vleck. The Cowboy supporters have been saying all along that the Cowboys are back in the saddle this year. This game looked to be a mere formality. But, it’s very wet in Edna and Kam Jones and company will have to rely on power and ball control, not exactly their forte. Van Vleck brings a running attack and a nose tackle, Mr. O'Ginn, who is headed to SMU on a full ride. Big bodies rise above in sloppy conditions. Predictions of a double digit win have been reduced to barely above a pick 'em'

We think some strange things will happen tonight

LHS 2SONS
09-11-2009, 04:28 PM
I have been thinking the same thing all day. A wet field can definitely effect the outcome of any game. I hope the Leps are ready for a dogfight.

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 04:37 PM
I've been thinking about this myself.....and yes....in theory a wet field would favor us...BUT....we were awfully fumble prone last week w/ 3. We were still able to get the win 42-14.....as Splendora had 3 fumbles also and an INT.

I'm chomping at the bit!! :eek:

pirate4state
09-11-2009, 04:43 PM
Our field is gonna get tore up tonight boy! Hoping the rain stays away until AFTER the game!

GO PIRATES!