PDA

View Full Version : How Faithful of a Fan Are You?

Bullaholic
09-11-2009, 10:09 AM
When bad weather threatens, such as heavy rain, sleet, cold temperatures, or snow, how faithful of a fan are you? Do you still attend your team's game under such conditions, or where do you draw the line?

Ranger Mom
09-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
When bad weather threatens, such as heavy rain, sleet, cold temperatures, or snow, how faithful of a fan are you? Do you still attend your team's game under such conditions, or where do you draw the line?

I used to.....I don't now!!

I was a more "faithful" fan when I knew the kids playing.

pirate4state
09-11-2009, 10:14 AM
I've sat through rain, cold & heat. I have been battling the crud this week, so I may have to sit this one out, but I'm stubborn and I'm 90% sure I'll be at our game tonight, even if I have to sneak into the press box! :D

44INAROW
09-11-2009, 10:16 AM
I vividly remember a game in Luling - must of been in 2002 - I am not lying, I bet it rained 10 inches from 3 pm to 8 pm - and they still played. It was a mud bath - Had a blast :) stopped at the convenience store on the way home and bought hefty bags to put on the seats cause we were all saturated.. Been to some cold ones too - Marble Falls - Nov 1993 @ UT Stadium was one of the coldest games I remember -
I admit, now that all my boys are through playing, I don't make some of the out of town games but I do listen on the internet/radio. Getting off at 5:00 makes it tough sometimes :( when my boys were playing - I'd take off at 3:00 every Friday - don't really have that luxury anymore. :(

LE Dad
09-11-2009, 10:23 AM
I have seen it all and will sit through it all for a good game. If a cupcake is scheduled, I will be at home.:)

BuckeyeNut
09-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Weather does not matter just means if its the Better half is coming or not.

Rabid Cougar
09-11-2009, 10:31 AM
Up at 3:00 am Saturday morning to listen to Cougars on Friday night on the internet.

gobbler grad
09-11-2009, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I vividly remember a game in Luling - must of been in 2002 - I am not lying, I bet it rained 10 inches from 3 pm to 8 pm - and they still played. It was a mud bath - Had a blast :) stopped at the convenience store on the way home and bought hefty bags to put on the seats cause we were all saturated.. Been to some cold ones too - Marble Falls - Nov 1993 @ UT Stadium was one of the coldest games I remember -
I admit, now that all my boys are through playing, I don't make some of the out of town games but I do listen on the internet/radio. Getting off at 5:00 makes it tough sometimes :( when my boys were playing - I'd take off at 3:00 every Friday - don't really have that luxury anymore. :(

i remember that game...we got soaked, but had lots of fun...:D

don't know if i would do it again:thinking:

Pancake_Block
09-11-2009, 10:38 AM
Whatever the weather I will be there

SINTON81
09-11-2009, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Pancake_Block
Whatever the weather I will be there
That is me also.

nobogey72
09-11-2009, 10:46 AM
It's warm and dry in the pressbox :thumbsup: :cheerl: :wave:

j_dog
09-11-2009, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
I have seen it all and will sit through it all for a good game. If a cupcake is scheduled, I will be at home.:)
Well said! :clap: And the further into the playoffs, the more I will tolerate! :)

Bullaholic
09-11-2009, 10:56 AM
In my younger days, I sat through it all---now, not so much....:D

Ranger Mom
09-11-2009, 11:33 AM
In my younger days, I sat through it all---now, not so much....:D

Me too! In this day of webcasts, texts, twitters, message boards......you can almost...not quite....feel like you are there.

No longer do we have to wait for the news to come on to get local scores....or, God forbid, if it was an out of town game and you miss the news and have to wait to read it in the paper the next morning.

Not the online paper....the one that is delivered to your door or you had to go down to the nearest convenience store and get yourself!!!

waterboy
09-11-2009, 11:47 AM
I will sit through any kind of weather, and have. From a cold and windy rain at 35 degrees to a 95 degree, 90% humidity, direct sunlight game. It makes no never mind to me, I'll be there........except when I have to be at my daughter's school's games.:(

ccmom
09-11-2009, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
It's warm and dry in the pressbox :thumbsup: :cheerl: :wave:

Blah, blah, blah. :p If you see me waving at you tonight, put your glasses on to make sure that's really what I am doing!!

:D ;)

garciap77
09-11-2009, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Blah, blah, blah. :p If you see me waving at you tonight, put your glasses on to make sure that's really what I am doing!!

:D ;)

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing021.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing021.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing021.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

slpybear the bullfan
09-11-2009, 12:11 PM
Weather is never an impact to my attendence. I have had to miss due to work travel, but that's it.

Ex-Tiger2005
09-11-2009, 01:21 PM
rain, sleet, or snow im there! my wife was 3 weeks away from her due date to give birth and we still went to the games when snyder went to the semis in 07

LE Dad
09-11-2009, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
It's warm and dry in the pressbox :thumbsup: :cheerl: :wave: I can't find the icon I think best fits that but this is close:foul:

LE Dad
09-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
I will sit through any kind of weather, and have. From a cold and windy rain at 35 degrees to a 95 degree, 90% humidity, direct sunlight game. It makes no never mind to me, I'll be there........except when I have to be at my daughter's school's games.:( :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Trashman
09-11-2009, 02:10 PM

There was a time that i would sit through anything to watch a Brownwood, Early or Mason game. Having small children back in the house has changed all of that. :D If the forecast calls for a 40% chance of rain we stay at home and listen to the radio.:thinking:

lulu
09-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I've sat through rain, cold & heat. I have been battling the crud this week, so I may have to sit this one out, but I'm stubborn and I'm 90% sure I'll be at our game tonight, even if I have to sneak into the press box! :D

P4S,,,,,don;t do that to yourself. You have been reaaly sick and with fever.

I'm sure your as stubborn as me though. I'm on prednisone and Biaxin but I going. No fever though. I'll be a bit quite though and the game is just across the highway from my home so
i can make a quick trip home if need be/

Good luck tonight....:)

lulu
09-11-2009, 02:32 PM
I'll go whatever is going on. The hottest I think I have been was last spring when we played Bridge City or the other game we played in Lufkin in baseball playoffs. I was sick.

And the coldest was at a Cowboy game with ice on the ground.

I don't care....I just go.

pirate4state
09-11-2009, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by lulu
P4S,,,,,don;t do that to yourself. You have been reaaly sick and with fever.

I'm sure your as stubborn as me though. I'm on prednisone and Biaxin but I going. No fever though. I'll be a bit quite though and the game is just across the highway from my home so
i can make a quick trip home if need be/

Good luck tonight....:)

Yeah, I have plenty of people trying to get me to stay home tonight. BOO!

I'm not running a fever today, well I haven't checked, but I was just sweating so I must have swine flu. :crazy: :D

j/k

But really, we are playing at home tonight so worst case scenario is if I start to feel bad I can always go home. Only 3.5 miles away.

bp80884
09-11-2009, 04:01 PM

This will be a good question for tomorrow morning! I will be there.

A couple of years ago at Baylor Stadium China Spring played Palestine Westwood in 2nd round of playoffs. Rain and cold as hell. I watched warmup and hand shakes at the end.

A couple of weeks later in the same stadium I watched China Spring & La Vega play in the Quarterfinals in a tshirt, shorts and sandals.

Thank God for Texas weather!

Go Cougs!

LH Panther Mom
09-11-2009, 04:48 PM
There's a line???????? :vrycnfsd: :lies:

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
09-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Isn't battling the elements part of supporting your team thru good as well as the bad times?

Sweetwater Red
09-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
There's a line???????? :vrycnfsd: :lies:

I agree. You either are or you aren't. I stood in the rain soaking
wet untill midnight to watch Monahans and Snyder play in
Midland a few years back.

Just think what I would endure if I was watching a team I actually
cared about or was a fan of. :D :devil:

Ex-Tiger2005
09-11-2009, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

oh come on ya gota care a little about us if ya did that!!!:D

Bullaholic
09-11-2009, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

Fess up, Red. You would watch a game naked in the Artic circle just to see either Snyder or Monahans lose. :D