PDA

View Full Version : Want to be like Mike?

Old Tiger
09-11-2009, 10:08 AM
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/09/11/sportsline/main5302995.shtml

(AP) Chicago Bulls great Michael Jordan will be enshrined in the Hall of Fame today - a final honor for someone who's already won everything else.

David Robinson, John Stockton, Utah coach Jerry Sloan and Rutgers women's coach C. Vivian Stringer are the other members of the Class of 2009. But the attention is largely on Jordan, the six-time NBA champion, five-time MVP and 10-time scoring champion.

coach
09-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/09/11/sportsline/main5302995.shtml

(AP) Chicago Bulls great Michael Jordan will be enshrined in the Hall of Fame today - a final honor for someone who's already won everything else.

David Robinson, John Stockton, Utah coach Jerry Sloan and Rutgers women's coach C. Vivian Stringer are the other members of the Class of 2009. But the attention is largely on Jordan, the six-time NBA champion, five-time MVP and 10-time scoring champion.

the greatest who has ever played the game. he is as close to perfect as you can get. nobody in any other sport is as great as he is. IMO the greatest athlete of all time

big daddy russ
09-11-2009, 10:47 AM
This is being called the greatest HOF class of all-time. Considering that Jordan, a top-5 all-time PG, a top-10 all-time C, and in my opnion a top-10 coach (and hugely underrated coach) are being enshrined, it's hard to argue.

coach
09-11-2009, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
This is being called the greatest HOF class of all-time. Considering that Jordan, a top-5 all-time PG, a top-10 all-time C, and in my opnion a top-10 coach (and hugely underrated coach) are being enshrined, it's hard to argue.

i was just thinking if there has been any other class this prestiges

WildTexan972
09-11-2009, 11:33 AM

Robinson an ALL TIME top10 Center? not in my book....he may well be top20, but not top10.....he was top10 in his day against the active players he played against, but not all time....

big daddy russ
09-11-2009, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
Robinson an ALL TIME top10 Center? not in my book....he may well be top20, but not top10.....he was top10 in his day against the active players he played against, but not all time....
Name 10 centers better than Robinson. He was around during one of the best eras of centers of all-time. Played against Hakeem, Shaq (and dominated Shaq in head-to-head matches), Ewing, 'Zo, etc, etc... and still won an MVP, a DPOY, was an eight-time All-NBA Defense, and made the All-NBA Team ten times, four times as a first-teamer.

Good luck.

coach
09-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Name 10 centers better than Robinson.

1. Shawn Bradley
2. Eric Dampier
3. Popeye Jones
4. Mark Madsen

i got the first for i need 6 more

PHS Wildcats
09-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Sam Bowie
Greg Ostertag
Spencer Hawes
Courtney Simms

need 2 more:D

Old Tiger
09-11-2009, 01:32 PM
Greg Oden says hi

jason
09-11-2009, 01:34 PM
wang xuxu

DDBooger
09-11-2009, 01:35 PM
George Muresan

navscanmaster
09-11-2009, 01:54 PM
You guys have got to be kidding. David Robinson was one of the best all time IMO. Top ten for sure, probably around 8 or 9.

Shaq, Hakeem, Ewing, Chamberlain, Abdul-Jabbar, and eventually Howard are above him. He may not have been the showy point producer that his counterparts were/are, but he could clamp them down head to head. Classy guy too.

big daddy russ
09-11-2009, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
You guys have got to be kidding. David Robinson was one of the best all time IMO. Top ten for sure, probably around 8 or 9.

Shaq, Hakeem, Ewing, Chamberlain, Abdul-Jabbar, and eventually Howard are above him. He may not have been the showy point producer that his counterparts were/are, but he could clamp them down head to head. Classy guy too.
Yeah, I left myself open for that one. He did win a scoring title, though, and is one of only two centers to do so in the past 30 years (Shaq being the other).

Old Tiger
09-11-2009, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster

Shaq, Hakeem, Ewing, Chamberlain, Abdul-Jabbar, and eventually Howard are above him. He may not have been the showy point producer that his counterparts were/are, but he could clamp them down head to head. Classy guy too. IMO Howard has a long way to go. His defensive game is good but his offense aside from dunks is atrocious.

EAGLETOWN
09-11-2009, 05:02 PM
Don't forget about Tim Duncan.