PDA

View Full Version : South African gold-medallist is a hermaphrodite

Z-RO
09-10-2009, 08:52 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2631482/Runner-is-a-hermaphrodite.html

Daddy D 11
09-10-2009, 08:53 PM
:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :inlove: :inlove:

turbostud
09-10-2009, 09:21 PM
And all this time I thought it was a simple matter of dropping her/his shorts in front of an olympic panel of judges.

footballgal
09-10-2009, 09:43 PM
http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID2490/images/caster-semenya.jpg

Z-RO
09-10-2009, 09:46 PM
"WOW LOOK AT CASTER NOW!".......Yup "It" still looks like a dude

SWMustang
09-10-2009, 10:10 PM
except for the moustache, adam's apple and broad shoulders - I never would have guessed.

Eagle 1
09-10-2009, 10:19 PM
South Africa or South Austin?:D

Twirling Time
09-10-2009, 10:31 PM
For me, a genetic test would be the tiebreaker — XX or XY. Nobody has said that yet.

Rabid Cougar
09-10-2009, 11:45 PM
Can run both ways.

Z-RO
09-11-2009, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Eagle 1

With all of that ugly jewelry on "it" looks like one of Leach's pirate buddies.

Footballhudini
09-11-2009, 12:46 AM
probably from region I imo

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-11-2009, 08:21 AM
Glad to see we can be classy. Whether or not he/she is a hermaphrodite isn't our place to judge or make fun of. It isn't as though he/she chose to be that way. People get just as touchy about mental handicaps or other similar things, so why is this all of the sudden something to laugh and joke about? Real mature.

Ranger Mom
09-11-2009, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Glad to see we can be classy. Whether or not he/she is a hermaphrodite isn't our place to judge or make fun of. It isn't as though he/she chose to be that way. People get just as touchy about mental handicaps or other similar things, so why is this all of the sudden something to laugh and joke about? Real mature.

I agree! I feel sorry for her myself!! Can you imagine the pain she has dealt with growing up?

I heard on Good Morning America that she will more than likely be able to keep her medal, but it is doubtful she will be allowed to compete anymore. Too strong to race with the woman and not strong enough to race with the men.

BobcatBenny
09-11-2009, 09:14 AM
Well ... I think you are right.

It is comical though.

The South African officals knew exactly what they were doing ... and in my speculations ... so did the runner.

SintonFan
09-11-2009, 09:56 AM

Wow, you take all the fun Out of this...:eek:
Man, you can't lAugh about anything aNymore...:doh: :hand:

WildTexan972
09-11-2009, 09:57 AM

Ewe people need to quit makin fun of IT's cause it upsets the aggys in the room who always figure Ewe folks with challenges should get ejumakated the same as all Ewe other folks....hence Texas A&M Eweniversity.....

99IHSMustang
09-11-2009, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan

Maybe for some people the subject isn't so funny. I have read so many posts throughout different websites about this runner that make me wonder if half of the people that poke fun have so little going on in their own lives that they have to talk about him/hers.

SintonFan
09-11-2009, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Maybe for some people the subject isn't so funny. I have read so many posts throughout different websites about this runner that make me wonder if half of the people that poke fun have so little going on in their own lives that they have to talk about him/hers.

Yes yes but it seems like everything is off limits-today. I can't stand political correctness.

LE Dad
09-11-2009, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny

It is comical though.

The South African officals knew exactly what they were doing ... and in my speculations ... so did the runner. :thinking: Very true :clap: The runner knew, and should have known that a certain amount of ridicule was to come if the truth came out. He/she will quickly fade off the board and out of thought .:eek: :eek:

Ranger Mom
09-11-2009, 10:20 AM

Hehe!!!!;)

pirate4state
09-11-2009, 10:22 AM
Man, you can't lAugh about anything aNymore...:doh: :hand: :weeping: :weeping:

woman

quit with all your bellyaching...boo hoo i don't like PC...boo hoo

Go ahead and make fun of him/her/whatever all you want, no one is stopping you, you big tit bag!

Now THAT'S a personal attack and yall can bench me for it!

LE Dad
09-11-2009, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:weeping: :weeping:

woman

Go ahead and make fun of him/her/whatever all you want, no one is stopping you, you big tit bag!

Now THAT'S a personal attack and yall can bench me for it! WOW! :eek: :eek:

SintonFan
09-11-2009, 10:39 AM

woman

Now THAT'S a personal attack and yall can bench me for it!
lol:D :p

Txbroadcaster
09-11-2009, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
:thinking: Very true :clap: The runner knew, and should have known that a certain amount of ridicule was to come if the truth came out. He/she will quickly fade off the board and out of thought .:eek: :eek:

I honestly doubt She/He KNEW..unless genetic test was done before. It is like that house episode where a supermodel teen was sick and it turns out she has testiculuar cancer because she had "both"

Unless obvious physical signs are shown, someone could go thru life not truly knowing

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
Ewe people need to quit makin fun of IT's cause it upsets the aggys in the room who always figure Ewe folks with challenges should get ejumakated the same as all Ewe other folks....hence Texas A&M Eweniversity.....

It doesn't upset me, it disgusts me. There is a difference.

In the meantime, keep being a coward and hiding behind a computer and throwing out pointless banter. Everyone thinks you're so tough and cool.

Johnny 5
09-11-2009, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1

Originally posted by Footballhudini
probably from region I imo

:clap: :clap: :clap: :D

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 12:36 PM

woman

Now THAT'S a personal attack and yall can bench me for it! bench you? come on ......we both know you won't even get a warning. :eek: :D

garciap77
09-11-2009, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
bench you? come on ......we both know you won't even get a warning. :eek: :D

Watch it IHStangFan!:D

;)

sahen
09-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
For me, a genetic test would be the tiebreaker — XX or XY. Nobody has said that yet.

not as easy as that...you can have XXY as well and still be a viable person...i cant remember from genetics but i think XYY is possible too along with just an X...you must have atleast an X to be viable...

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Watch it IHStangFan!:D

;) DUUUUUDE.......I'm just sayin. :D

garciap77
09-11-2009, 12:47 PM
DUUUUUDE.......I'm just sayin. :D

:D

LE Dad
09-11-2009, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I honestly doubt She/He KNEW..unless genetic test was done before. It is like that house episode where a supermodel teen was sick and it turns out she has testiculuar cancer because she had "both"

Unless obvious physical signs are shown, someone could go thru life not truly knowing Point taken but that "House episode "
that was :spitlol: funny stuff. No the only good thing for this person is that he/she is not from this country and can be somewhat insulated from all the ridicule, hopefully anyway.

jason
09-11-2009, 01:02 PM
are you allowed to say tit?

PHS Wildcats
09-11-2009, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by jason
You just did:D

Sweetwater Red
09-11-2009, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by jason

I know you can say boob. I like boobs. I don't think I would like
hermaphrodite boobs though. I guess I would have to see them
first.

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I know you can say boob. I like boobs. I don't think I would like
hermaphrodite boobs though. I guess I would have to see them
first. Okay....I'm sorry...but I can't help but think of Family Guy here...the one where Glen approaches the tranny in the bar....

Pre-op or post-op??

:D

PHS Wildcats
09-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Yea, I remember that episode

DDBooger
09-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Isn't Jamie Lynn Curtis a Herme

Sweetwater Red
09-11-2009, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Isn't Jamie Lynn Curtis a Herme

You mean Jamie Lee Curtis?

DDBooger
09-11-2009, 01:58 PM
You mean Jamie Lee Curtis? yeah, sorry

Trashman
09-11-2009, 01:59 PM

You can laugh and make fun of any white male between the age of 40 and 60. :D

Sweetwater Red
09-11-2009, 02:00 PM
yeah, sorry

Well if she is I guess that answers my question. Did you see her
dancing for Arnold in True Lies?:eek: :D

Trashman
09-11-2009, 02:03 PM
You mean Jamie Lee Curtis?

Say it isn't so..........:eek:

DDBooger
09-11-2009, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Say it isn't so..........:eek:
SNOPES (http://www.snopes.com/movies/actors/jamie.asp)

I Snoped myself :D

Also heard similar rumors about Ciara, it isn't as uncommon as many think. It's effects however are varied as that runner from SA looks like very much like a male

Sweetwater Red
09-11-2009, 02:11 PM

Also heard similar rumors about Ciara, it isn't as uncommon as many think. It's effects however are varied as that runner from SA looks like very much like a male

Do the same thing for Hilary Swank.:thinking:

Matthew328
09-11-2009, 02:22 PM
I enjoy making fun of things and people but as long as its something that's done thats just dumb. Mental, physical handicaps are off limits because that person has no control over it IMO.

Like TXB said, maybe she had no idea she was a herm?? It is plausible. I feel sorry for her/him because he/she has gone through a very public thing and I'd imagine its quite embarrasing.

BobcatBenny
09-11-2009, 02:24 PM
I sort of think ... ol' Benny ... might be part Lesbian. :D

All my Tshirts have a tag that say, XXXL? :confused:

turbostud
09-11-2009, 02:54 PM

They are saying the same thing about Lady GaGa on youtube.

DDBooger
09-11-2009, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
They are saying the same thing about Lady GaGa on youtube. lol she looks more like a tranny than a herme

pirate4state
09-11-2009, 03:00 PM
bench you? come on ......we both know you won't even get a warning. :eek: :D I was expecting and did receive one, thank you very little, but it was totally worth it! :devil:

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 03:05 PM
I was expecting and did receive one, thank you very little, but it was totally worth it! :devil: you're welcome very little ......you rebel you. ;)

pirate4state
09-11-2009, 03:07 PM
you're welcome very little ......you rebel you. ;) after a short nap I feel like causing some more trouble, but it's Friday so I'll cut my gals some slack! :D hehe

LE Dad
09-11-2009, 03:07 PM

Also heard similar rumors about Ciara, it isn't as uncommon as many think. It's effects however are varied as that runner from SA looks like very much like a male I am now asking myself how much more do you really want to dig. How many of us went out with the tall, athletically built girl with raspy voice? Hmm:confused: :confused:

Ranger Mom
09-11-2009, 03:08 PM
I am now asking myself how much more do you really want to dig. How many of us went out with the tall, athletically built girl with raspy voice? Hmm:confused: :confused:

Ummm.........not me!!:eek:

Old Tiger
09-11-2009, 03:08 PM
Lady Gaga and the Hansons should be checked!

espn1
09-11-2009, 03:11 PM
That gives being Bitch slapped a whole new meaning!

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 03:17 PM
after a short nap I feel like causing some more trouble, but it's Friday so I'll cut my gals some slack! :D hehe It IS in fact Friday....and MAN today has dragged by. For me to listen to "Friday Night" HS football here.....I have to be up at 3am Sat. morning, LOL. DAMN THE MAN!! :D

LE Dad
09-11-2009, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Ummm.........not me!!:eek: :tisk: :tisk: Oh I am not going to say what I am thinking LOL:D :devil:

Z-RO
09-11-2009, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny

It is comical though.

The South African officals knew exactly what they were doing ... and in my speculations ... so did the runner.

Exactly! This cant be the 1st time in "it's" life that "it's" sex has ever been questioned.

ivchris
09-11-2009, 04:38 PM
I don't know why they're all acting so shocked by all of this.......her name is SEMENya. How much more clue do those people need?

SintonFan
09-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by ivchris
I don't know why they're all acting so shocked by all of this.......her name is SEMENya. How much more clue do those people need?
Oh my!:eek:
lol:D

bigYoe
09-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Z-RO
"WOW LOOK AT CASTER NOW!".......Yup "It" still looks like a dude

in the article i read it said that ''IT'' has no ovaries or wound. Even if it doesnt have a FULL "male genitalia", doesnt that mean its NOT A WOMAN. This is ridiculous, it shouldnt have even ran with the women in the first place. ''It'' as well as its coaches knew what they were doing.

zeeman
09-11-2009, 08:54 PM

uh whatever

zeeman
09-11-2009, 08:56 PM
:tisk: :tisk: Oh I am not going to say what I am thinking LOL:D :devil:

exactly, thank you!

zeeman
09-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Z-RO
Exactly! This cant be the 1st time in "it's" life that "it's" sex has ever been questioned.

Without a doubt, I'm sure....:)

SintonFan
09-11-2009, 09:10 PM
I posted this on the other thread...

I'm not saying I don't feel sorry for her too. I do. We can all be compassionate about her condition.
What few have brought up is that if she is a hermaphrodite, she then has characteristics of both male and female. The male body and female body are very different with different hormones for each sex. If in fact, she has testes then she produces the hormone testosterone(naturally I might add and more effective). I do think that would give her an unfair advantage over her female competitors... testosterone helps to build and maintain muscle, that's the main reason why men on a wide-scale have more muscle than women. I don't mean to put down any woman but this is fact.
Her having tested testosterone levels within an accepted standard doesn't really say anything(the standard is from where?).
The tricky question about all of this is this: Did she or her family know about her condition before she ran? I don't know myself, but some of the answers from her family members seem to be somewhat incredulous...
I have joked about this, as many have,
but that doesn't mean anyone is trying to hurt her personally. Too many questions surround this unique situation imho to truly know what is going on. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt but I think the jokes that have happened because of this are just that... jokes.

So yes I think we can joke about this...
My goodness this story is everywhere you can't avoid it. What the heck are we supposed to do? Just ignore it and NOT comment?

wimbo_pro
09-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Sad that her most personal info is plastered around the world. But, she cannot run with the women, it is totally unfair to them. Kind of a depressing story. Good luck to her.