PDA

View Full Version : For those who don't know...

GrTigers6
09-09-2009, 09:25 PM
Zephyr has a new turf stadium. They are six man school with, last I heard, about 300 population. I may be wrong but I dont think its much more. Its a good idea to have only the second true sixman turf field in the state, I just didnt see Zephyr being the recipient. :2thumbsup

garciap77
09-09-2009, 09:26 PM
I noticed that on my way to LH. Looked nice.

GrTigers6
09-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
I noticed that on my way to LH. Looked nice. yes it is very nice, especially considering what there old stadium looked like.

garciap77
09-09-2009, 09:33 PM
They were still doing some work around the stadium as I drove by. I wonder if they had a game that night? I knew I should of taken a picture of it.

DaHop72
09-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Borden County will have turf by the end of September.

LE Dad
09-09-2009, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
Zephyr has a new turf stadium. They are six man school with, last I heard, about 300 population. I may be wrong but I dont think its much more. Its a good idea to have only the second true sixman turf field in the state, I just didnt see Zephyr being the recipient. :2thumbsup Geez, I think everyone is getting turf except LE. Why why why :bigcry:

Rabid Cougar
09-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
Zephyr has a new turf stadium. They are six man school with, last I heard, about 300 population. I may be wrong but I dont think its much more. Its a good idea to have only the second true sixman turf field in the state, I just didnt see Zephyr being the recipient. :2thumbsup

IN THE WORLD!

wildstangs
09-09-2009, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Borden County will have turf by the end of September.

Are they putting it in now? Is Borden County playing all their games on the road? If any 6 man team deserves a turf field - it is Borden County. Great tradition and pride out there. Guess they have a bit of windmill money?

Looking4number8
09-09-2009, 11:04 PM
It is a pretty cool story how it all came about, the older fellow they were trying to buy the land from would not sell it to them... He just gave it to them... I am not sure but I think the whole thing is from donations... They sure did it up right!!!

DaHop72
09-09-2009, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Are they putting it in now? Is Borden County playing all their games on the road? If any 6 man team deserves a turf field - it is Borden County. Great tradition and pride out there. Guess they have a bit of windmill money? Yes, there are learning to be a road team. Coach Richey agreed to all road games in September so that they could get it put in. It will help them greatly with water issues and maintenance.

Sweetwater Red
09-09-2009, 11:11 PM
Another six man team getting turf? Who cares?
None of them will compare to the first six man
school in the nation and their blue turf. Go Trent Gorillas. :D

wildstangs
09-09-2009, 11:12 PM
Yes, there are learning to be a road team. Coach Richey agreed to all road games in September so that they could get it put in. It will help them greatly with water issues and maintenance.

I always thought their stadium and town was pretty unique. The lady at the store in Gail cooks a mean breakfast too.

Not too fond of the sheriffs deputy there. Pretty sure he gave me a speeding ticket because I was from Sweetwater. Probably a Snyder fan.

DaHop72
09-09-2009, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Another six man team getting turf? Who cares?
None of them will compare to the first six man
school in the nation and their blue turf. Go Trent Gorillas. :D Trent and Boise St., smurfs at two different levels.:D :D

DaHop72
09-09-2009, 11:16 PM
Probably a Snyder fan. Probably:devil: :devil: My wife's first teaching job was in Borden County. What a great place to start a career. She loved teaching there but couldn't turn down the chance to teach at her alma mater and also to not make the 40-45 minute drive each way.

wildstangs
09-09-2009, 11:18 PM
Probably:devil: :devil: My wife's first teaching job was in Borden County. What a great place to start a career. She loved teaching there but couldn't turn down the chance to teach at her alma mater and also to not make the 40-45 minute drive each way.

Huge props for teaching at a place like that. I can't imagine being the single grade level teacher, or teaching every grade level of math, science, history, etc. She work for Snyder now?

DaHop72
09-09-2009, 11:23 PM
Huge props for teaching at a place like that. I can't imagine being the single grade level teacher, or teaching every grade level of math, science, history, etc. She work for Snyder now? She taught Soph. English and Speech at Borden County. Taught Soph. honors English and Speech in Snyder. Too many years of grading essay, left public school and taught in the Windham School system for TDCJ. Retired from teaching 3 years ago.

GrTigers6
09-10-2009, 06:06 AM
Probably:devil: :devil: My wife's first teaching job was in Borden County. What a great place to start a career. She loved teaching there but couldn't turn down the chance to teach at her alma mater and also to not make the 40-45 minute drive each way. My sisters first teaching job was at Novice, which is fitting do to the name. But she had 6 students. She taught 4th and 5th grades combined. Then she went to North Crowley. Big Change!

SHSBulldog00
09-10-2009, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Geez, I think everyone is getting turf except LE. Why why why :bigcry:

Nope, not Sweeny; we don't have enough money in our budget for Turf.