PDA

View Full Version : D25 looking very strong

Pudlugger
09-09-2009, 06:26 PM
It is now week 2 and the district record is 11-1. The only loss was Smithville losing to a tough 2A Lexington. Bellville has the week off but the other 5 teams are favored in this week's schedule. Go D25!

beastyboyz
09-09-2009, 08:22 PM
d25 is by far one of the hardest districts in the state...this district championship can go to any team, I'm thinking its gonna be a showout between bellville and giddings again, with sealy and la grange lurking in the darkness...I can't wait for district! Some good football to be played.

swineflu
09-09-2009, 09:26 PM
I would avoid that districts teams if at all posible come playoff time.

Pudlugger
09-09-2009, 10:03 PM
What this means is that with so much parity in the district tie breakers will quite likely come into play. That means every game is important not only for the win but the margin of victory.
It will become important to put up as many points as possible in all games. No quarter. Now some of you will say isn't that how it always is to score as many points as possible? Well you are right sort of, but coaches don't like to rub it in and when they are up by 3 possessions in the late 4th quarter will send in the subs and run out the clock and/or take a knee. It would be really unfortunate if some team stays home on a tie breaker because their coach was being a good sport and didn't go for that td in the last few seconds from the 1 yard line but took a knee. I'm not saying this is right but it does raise an issure come district play.

beastyboyz
09-09-2009, 11:18 PM
Nice post puludder...

You took the words right out of my mouth...

trg
09-10-2009, 08:30 AM
Good luck to all D25 teams this week.

SHSBulldog00
09-10-2009, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by swineflu
I would avoid that districts teams if at all posible come playoff time.

Well we can't do that in D26! We'll just have to beat them when it counts. A lot of D25 vs. D26 games this regular season.

beastyboyz
09-10-2009, 05:49 PM
hmmm not sure if d25 could handle d26....

not taking anything from d26, but d25 is the real deal...

im seeing the same result as last year, 2 teams from d25 havin to play each other deep in the playoffs.

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by beastyboyz
hmmm not sure if d25 could handle d26....

not taking anything from d26, but d25 is the real deal...

im seeing the same result as last year, 2 teams from d25 havin to play each other deep in the playoffs. Don't count us out just yet.....but it does appear that D25 is a gauntlet for themselves AND for D26 to run. You guys are stacked up there this year.

BaTmAn24
09-11-2009, 05:55 PM
most overrated district in 3A!! Giddings is the only decent team :cool:

jimmyceatworld
09-11-2009, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
What this means is that with so much parity in the district tie breakers will quite likely come into play. That means every game is important not only for the win but the margin of victory.
It will become important to put up as many points as possible in all games. No quarter. Now some of you will say isn't that how it always is to score as many points as possible? Well you are right sort of, but coaches don't like to rub it in and when they are up by 3 possessions in the late 4th quarter will send in the subs and run out the clock and/or take a knee. It would be really unfortunate if some team stays home on a tie breaker because their coach was being a good sport and didn't go for that td in the last few seconds from the 1 yard line but took a knee. I'm not saying this is right but it does raise an issure come district play.

I thought most districts have a capped margin of victory/defeat. I think our's is 14. If you win by 14 it's plus 14, if you win by 50 it's plus 14. If you lose by 14 or more it's minus 14.

Pudlugger
09-12-2009, 10:45 AM
D25 goes 16-1 after week 2.

IHStangFan
09-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by BaTmAn24
most overrated district in 3A!! Giddings is the only decent team :cool: from a guy who doesn't even have enough confidence in his team/town to put it under his avatar/name. :kiss:

BaTmAn24
09-13-2009, 01:26 AM
There are many sexual predators lurking around the world wide web sir. I prefer keeping my information private. ;) But just to let you know: I have no team, I am just a fan of 3A sports. But i do apologize for criticizing a district that you aren't even a part of :rolleyes:

IHStangFan
09-13-2009, 02:38 AM
There are many sexual predators lurking around the world wide web sir. I prefer keeping my information private. ;) But just to let you know: I have no team, I am just a fan of 3A sports. But i do apologize for criticizing a district that you aren't even a part of :rolleyes: (shrug)....why do I have to be part of said district to point out the fact that you're either A: Just stirring the pot, or B: Aren't very tuned into what's going on in 3A football. Either way.....you look kinda silly.

I'm just sayin. :kiss:

LE Dad
09-13-2009, 02:47 AM
There are many sexual predators lurking around the world wide web sir. :eek: :eek: Wow! And to think I am just here to talk football. :D

IHStangFan
09-13-2009, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
:eek: :eek: Wow! And to think I am just here to talk football. :D but I've got CAAAANDY!!! :D

Pudlugger
09-13-2009, 04:53 AM
I know for a fact there are several Cougars lurking on this board!:D

1st and goal
09-13-2009, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
I know for a fact there are several Cougars lurking on this board!:D
I love Cougars.
Houston beat OK state just yesterday.:D :D :D

beastyboyz
09-13-2009, 11:51 AM

Let's be serious on the post...everybody knows tht D25 is the best district in 3a football...

Corn Cob
09-13-2009, 11:57 AM
There is no doubt that District 25 is the toughest District in Region 4 and probably one of the toughest in the State. There is not a District in Region 4 even close that has the caliber of teams from top to bottom. A trip to the Semi-Finals will most certainly have to go through this District. And, by the way, I am not from this District.

beastyboyz
09-13-2009, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Corn Cob
There is no doubt that District 25 is the toughest District in Region 4 and probably one of the toughest in the State. There is not a District in Region 4 even close that has the caliber of teams from top to bottom. A trip to the Semi-Finals will most certainly have to go through this District. And, by the way, I am not from this District.

Corn cob nice post, thts the same way I feel...D25 have monsters,goblins,beast and goons...lol

Corn Cob
09-15-2009, 08:06 AM
Corn cob nice post, thts the same way I feel...D25 have monsters,goblins,beast and goons...lol

Beast, I thought the goblins where in District 28?:)

Bone Pile
09-15-2009, 09:32 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
A fool and his money are soon parted!!!!!!!

LV_Bearfan
09-15-2009, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Corn Cob

Can't argue with that! LV lost two games last year, both to D25, and neither game was a nail-biter. They played some pretty decent representatives from the other districts along the way, and the only teams that out-talented them were in D25. This year, D25 may be even better. I'm hoping to see a D25 vs. LV matchup in the second round again this year. Should be a barn burner.

BaTmAn24
09-15-2009, 05:12 PM
I still stand strong with my first remark :p. Giddings is the only team in this district that is actually a top 10 team in 3A. IMO Bellville is a little overrated this year, Sealy has potential but hasn't played anyone yet, and La Grange is the next best team in line. All of these teams are good and still undefeated but i really don't think they make up the best district in 3A. Now have at me for criticizing this precious district because i know you will :)

IHStangFan
09-15-2009, 05:22 PM
I still stand strong with my first remark :p. Giddings is the only team in this district that is actually a top 10 team in 3A. IMO Bellville is a little overrated this year, Sealy has potential but hasn't played anyone yet, and La Grange is the next best team in line. All of these teams are good and still undefeated but i really don't think they make up the best district in 3A. Now have at me for criticizing this precious district because i know you will :) While I am with you on Bellville being slightly over-rated maybe....MAYBE....only time will tell....and Sealy has potential but has not been tested........I think you might be missing the point people are trying to make here. I think it's more about having more talent top to bottom than most districts....not being the "best" district. Sure...there are districts out there w/ "better" teams up at the top....but across the spectrum, this district is one of the most balanced out there. ALL of the teams in this district are good. Maybe not all GREAT...but they are all good. You take the teams out of this district and scatter them into other districts and I bet 3/4 of them make the playoffs. The theme here being, that ...come playoff time...there will be some dang good teams starting basketball, whereas if they were in other districts that weren't so "balanced" w/ talent....they too would be in the playoffs.....i.e. the 3rd and 4th best team in this district, could win a title in some of the other districts.

HEMOTOXIC
09-15-2009, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
While I am with you on Bellville being slightly over-rated maybe....MAYBE....only time will tell....and Sealy has potential but has not been tested........I think you might be missing the point people are trying to make here. I think it's more about having more talent top to bottom than most districts....not being the "best" district. Sure...there are districts out there w/ "better" teams up at the top....but across the spectrum, this district is one of the most balanced out there. ALL of the teams in this district are good. Maybe not all GREAT...but they are all good. You take the teams out of this district and scatter them into other districts and I bet 3/4 of them make the playoffs. The theme here being, that ...come playoff time...there will be some dang good teams starting basketball, whereas if they were in other districts that weren't so "balanced" w/ talent....they too would be in the playoffs.....i.e. the 3rd and 4th best team in this district, could win a title in some of the other districts.

I couldn't have said it better. :clap:

IHStangFan
09-15-2009, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
I couldn't have said it better. :clap: I just call em how I see em sir. :D

beastyboyz
09-15-2009, 11:45 PM
I still stand strong with my first remark :p. Giddings is the only team in this district that is actually a top 10 team in 3A. IMO Bellville is a little overrated this year, Sealy has potential but hasn't played anyone yet, and La Grange is the next best team in line. All of these teams are good and still undefeated but i really don't think they make up the best district in 3A. Now have at me for criticizing this precious district because i know you will :)

You know I respect your post batman...but to think that bellville is overrated...wow...returning 6/8 O/D means a lot...

They beat a caldwell team tht will go deep in the playoffs, and damn good livingston(4a) team tht dropped 68 points on their last opppnent...

To think that they are overrated is kinda tough...

But I understand, so I respect your post...

BaTmAn24
09-16-2009, 12:50 PM
Why I don't post my location, IHStangfan (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=97751) ;)