PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood vs. Stephenville.... football only thread

Looking4number8
09-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Let's try this again...

I say Brownwood's improved defense puts Stephenville at a 0-3 start for the first time in along time..

Brownwood goes 3-0 for the first time in a while too!!!

Go Lions!!!

HEMOTOXIC
09-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Let's try this again...

I say Brownwood's improved defense puts Stephenville at a 0-3 start for the first time in along time..

Go Lions!!!

Where will this game be played?

Trashman
09-09-2009, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Where will this game be played?

At Tarelton Stadium in Stephenville.:devil:

HEMOTOXIC
09-09-2009, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
At Tarelton Stadium in Stephenville.:devil:

Thanks, should be a dandy....

Kid Ice
09-09-2009, 05:40 PM
Let's try this again...

Go Lions!!!

Agreed. I think it will be the toughest, biggest game Brownwood has played in a while. I am excited about the Brownwood-Stephenville game actually feeling like it means something again. I say Brownwood by 7 or less with it being competitive all the way through.

LE Dad
09-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Good Luck Brownwood. 3-0 it is. Now I want to sit back and watch so ya'll have fun.:D

Looking4number8
09-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Kid Ice
Agreed. I think it will be the toughest, biggest game Brownwood has played in a while. I am excited about the Brownwood-Stephenville game actually feeling like it means something again. I say Brownwood by 7 or less with it being competitive all the way through.

Weird deal, as bad as out defense was last year and as great as they seem so far, it is almost the opposite with our ouffense... they have not been bad at all this year but I sure would like too see a few more points on the board... we are gonna need the points in this game and the rest of the year!

Rocket
09-09-2009, 05:54 PM
Weird deal, as bad as out defense was last year and as great as they seem so far, it is almost the opposite with our ouffense... they have not been bad at all this year but I sure would like too see a few more points on the board... we are gonna need the points in this game and the rest of the year!

Our system is a ball control hybrid pass-run spread. it is not made to score fast and score much. I think our average will creep into the 30's once Shipley returns, but with an effective defense, 26 ppg is perfect. Just remember, we aren't scoring these points in 3 plays. We are milking that clock and wearing defenses plumb out. The system doesn't require 40+ points.

Change that mindset L48..you are still thinking that we have to outscore everybody to win. I think our defense comes first, and the offense follows from here on out. Totally opposite of what went on last year.

garciap77
09-09-2009, 05:58 PM
I will stick with my BW by 21! I believe it will be a close game in the first half, but BW will run away with it in the 4th QTR!

Kid Ice
09-09-2009, 05:59 PM

Yeah, as long as we get better each week on offense, we will be fine. When we add Shipley, it's gonna be a totally different caliber. Me and Rocket were watching Brownwood-Stephenville from 98 and were watching Stephenville's offense and how they used Cardwell. Shipley will be that Cardwell position and add a whole new element to our offense. Imagine Stephenville back then without Cardwell. They would have still been able to move the ball and score, just not as dynamically as they did with him. Now I am not comparing the 09 Brownwood Offense to the 98 Stephenville Offense at all. I'm just saying the systems are similiar and we could see how Shipley will fill that role when he does come back. Not using this as an excuse if we lose. No excuses. The team we put on the field Friday can win if we play to our potential. Scoring 25+ a game so far is great offense when we have only given up 14 total since halftime of the Burnet game.

Rocket
09-09-2009, 06:02 PM
I posted this on the other thread.

Interesting stat...

The Ville's potent rushing attack:

29 Yards on 22 Attempts vs. Denton Guyer.
Tell me people. Is Guyer that good or is the Ville that bad? LOL wow...

If I am Brownwood's DC..I know what I am going to do. LOL

coach
09-09-2009, 06:11 PM
doesnt brownwood have there starting point guard coming back this year?

Rocket
09-09-2009, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by coach
doesnt brownwood have there starting point guard coming back this year?

We tried to keep it football only...:rolleyes: