PDA

View Full Version : Region III GOTW: Gilmer vs. Liberty-Elyau

R3Editor
09-09-2009, 03:51 PM
We got inter-regions this week for a great matchup!

Sorry it took so long to get this game up. I had trouble finding a game and was very busy until this evening.

garciap77
09-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Gilmer by 70!

Ex-Tiger2005
09-09-2009, 04:05 PM
possibly game of the year!! if it were up to the 3aDL posters!!

waterboy
09-09-2009, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Gilmer by 70!
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing021.gif http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing021.gif http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing021.gif That is just wrong, man! That is just wrong!http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing003.gif

This really oughta be a good test for both teams. The Leopards always play us tough, plus it is in their house. I suspect this game will be within a couple TDs. I still think the Buckeyes will win, but it will be close, in my opinion.

BuckeyeNut
09-09-2009, 04:32 PM
Gilmer 45-21

LE Dad
09-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Gilmer by 70! LOL why not 77??:D

LE Dad
09-09-2009, 07:48 PM
Oh yeah I am feeling the Region 3 love already:inlove: :inlove:

:cool: Leopards 28 Buckeyes 27
I might be wrong but I might be right!!

lulu
09-09-2009, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad

I might be wrong but I might be right!!

And you might be crazy. Wait...can I call you that?

LE Dad
09-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by lulu
And you might be crazy. Wait...can I call you that? I think you can just as long as you don't call me a crazy idiot or such. I am ready to see how LE stacks up against a great spread team. LE is playing with confidence and if they can start off well and keep it close till the 4th Qtr I really like the odds. It will be a good game, it always has been. This is offensively and defensively the best Leopard team I have seen. Special teams are the big weakness and I hope that doesn't bite us in the #*+ Friday night. :)

lostaussie
09-10-2009, 09:03 AM

I might be wrong but I might be right!! might's on a chickens a$$:D

pirate4state
09-10-2009, 09:16 AM
How's the weather been up that way?

I think this game will be close for about 3 qtrs and then the Buckeyes will pull away.

Gilmer 42
LE 28

GO BUCKEYES!
KALE!

:D

See, I have friends from both towns, so either way, I can't lose! :inlove:

Pawdaddy
09-10-2009, 09:17 AM
Gilmer by 70!

I doubt that. Traylor will pull them off before then. But then again, the backups scored their share last week.

If the offense improves as much from last week as it did from the week before, this game will see backups in the third quarter. Defense has improved but still needs to get their reads quicker. They do swarm to the ball and do a lot of gang tackling. I think 52-19 will be pretty close.

LE Dad
09-10-2009, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
How's the weather been up that way?

I think this game will be close for about 3 qtrs and then the Buckeyes will pull away.

Gilmer 42
LE 28

GO BUCKEYES!
KALE!

See, I have friends from both towns, so either way, I can't lose! :inlove: :rolleyes: I would give ya 42 - 28 if Gilmer jumps out early, but if it's close after 3 the last one with the ball will win. Both teams are deep and fatigue should not be an issue. :cool: :D

pirate4state
09-10-2009, 09:34 AM
:rolleyes: I would give ya 42 - 28 if Gilmer jumps out early, but if it's close after 3 the last one with the ball will win. Both teams are deep and fatigue should not be an issue. :cool: :D Don't roll your eyes at me! Yall can be down 21-28 at the end of 3 and have all sorts of bad stuff happen to put Gilmer ahead in the 4th!

Let's play this out.

At the end of 3, LE scores to make it 28-21 Gilmer

Start of the 4th, LE kicks off to Gilmer. Gilmer returns for a TD. BAM it is now 35-21.

Gilmer KO to LE, uh oh LE fumbles, Gilmer ball ... Gilmer scores ... BAM it is now 42-21.

See how quick that happened? :rolleyes:

LE Dad
09-10-2009, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
might's on a chickens a$$:D :thinking: Mights are what fills the stadium. See ya'll on Friday night.:D

:rolleyes: sorry bout your chickens? Lol

LE Dad
09-10-2009, 09:48 AM
Don't roll your eyes at me! Yall can be down 21-28 at the end of 3 and have all sorts of bad stuff happen to put Gilmer ahead in the 4th!

Let's play this out.

Start of the 4th, LE kicks off to Gilmer. Gilmer returns for a TD. BAM it is now 35-21.

Gilmer KO to LE, uh oh LE fumbles, Gilmer ball ... Gilmer scores ... BAM it is now 42-21.

See how quick that happened? :rolleyes: LOL Now, now lots of bad stuff can happen, but will it and if so to whom? I don't think it will but we will find out Friday night. :eek: :eek:

waterboy
09-10-2009, 10:25 AM
Truthfully, do you think the Leopards will actually win this one, LE Dad? I look for it to be a tough contest, but I do think the Buckeyes will pull it out......:p

I definitely don't think the Buckeyes are where they need to be offensively, or defensively, right now, but I don't doubt they'll get there. Even when they aren't clicking they are good. Last year, the Buckeyes did not play well against the Leopards and were still able to get it done. I think they will definitely play better this year. The next three weeks will tell us a lot about this Buckeye team. They SHOULD know better than to buy into the ranking stuff. If they are buying that ranking crap, they will struggle.

"Pressure is an honor and a privilege, not an onus."

GO BUCKEYES!

Aesculus gilmus
09-10-2009, 10:48 AM
KALE?

As in cabbage?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2463/3906429217_e98f1916cb_o.jpg

I'm just joking. I know what this means from previous seasons.

lulu
09-10-2009, 10:51 AM
:rolleyes: sorry bout your chickens? Lol [/B]

Crazy...I told you. LMAO

waterboy
09-10-2009, 10:51 AM
It should be K.L.E.A.!:D

lulu
09-10-2009, 10:59 AM
Waterboy,,,you guys better take care of business.

Buckeye 80,,,,,you hearing me?

LE Dad
09-10-2009, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
KALE?

As in cabbage?

I'm just joking. I know what this means from previous seasons. I actually haven't seen KALE in a few years, too many politically correct people around for fun expression like that. :cool:

waterboy
09-10-2009, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by lulu
Waterboy,,,you guys better take care of business.

That's the plan.......;) Our boys should be ready for this one....:clap:

Too bad I won't be able to go to the game.....:( My daughter has homecoming at UH, so I promised I wouldn't miss it.......:weeping:

I'm definitely torn...... My body will be in Bettie, but my mind and spirit will be in Texarkana.....:confused:

Can someone PLEASE text me some updates??:(

LE Dad
09-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Truthfully, do you think the Leopards will actually win this one, LE Dad? I look for it to be a tough contest, but I do think the Buckeyes will pull it out......:p

I definitely don't think the Buckeyes are where they need to be offensively, or defensively, right now, but I don't doubt they'll get there. Even when they aren't clicking they are good. Last year, the Buckeyes did not play well against the Leopards and were still able to get it done. I think they will definitely play better this year. The next three weeks will tell us a lot about this Buckeye team. They SHOULD know better than to buy into the ranking stuff. If they are buying that ranking crap, they will struggle.

"Pressure is an honor and a privilege, not an onus."

GO BUCKEYES! Do I think LE can win YES. If LE can sustain drives on offense and prolong drives on defense they most definitely can be competitive and potentially pull off a win. If Gilmer gets out early and gets quick scores it will be a long night on the home side.

waterboy
09-10-2009, 11:22 AM
Do I think LE can win YES. If LE can sustain drives on offense and prolong drives on defense they most definitely can be competitive and potentially pull off a win. If Gilmer gets out early and gets quick scores it will be a long night on the home side.
I can agree with that. The Buckeyes CAN'T let Liberty-Eylau get those long sustained drives, nor any cheap scores. The DEFENSE has to stop them with some three-and-outs. The offense must also be sharp, and not turn the ball over.

LE Dad
09-10-2009, 11:28 AM
It should be K.L.E.A.!:D Lol maybe but maybe not. No concession speechs coming from T Town.:D

LE Dad
09-10-2009, 11:38 AM
I can agree with that. The Buckeyes CAN'T let Liberty-Eylau get those long sustained drives, nor any cheap scores. The DEFENSE has to stop them with some three-and-outs. The offense must also be sharp, and not turn the ball over. I think both teams will show up and play hard. This will let us both know where I teams are and best of all both teams get to play next week win or lose. The big thing I don't want to see is injuries. The goal is to prepare for week 11 by improving every week. Hate you are not going to make it.:D

waterboy
09-10-2009, 11:51 AM
Hate you are not going to make it.:D
:mad: :mad: Why are you smiling 'bout that?!:mad: I WANT to be there!!:foul: ........and I will be in mind and spirit! The Buckeyes don't need me there to win.......... That's a good thing!:D

LE Dad
09-10-2009, 12:10 PM
:mad: :mad: Why are you smiling 'bout that?!:mad: I WANT to be there!!:foul: ........and I will be in mind and spirit! The Buckeyes don't need me there to win.......... That's a good thing!:D :( There is that better? Sorry you're gonna miss it too. I think this is gonna be good. Oh well family beats football overtime. :thinking:

waterboy
09-10-2009, 12:17 PM
:( There is that better? Sorry you're gonna miss it too. I think this is gonna be good. Oh well family beats football overtime. :thinking:
You could at least be sincere about it!:D Yeah, I think it'll be a VERY good game................for the Buckeyes, that is....:taunt:

:D I darn sure hate to miss it. I guess I'll just have to watch it on TV Saturday morning.....and night......;)

LE Dad
09-10-2009, 12:40 PM
You could at least be sincere about it!:D Yeah, I think it'll be a VERY good game................for the Buckeyes, that is....:taunt:

:D I darn sure hate to miss it. I guess I'll just have to watch it on TV Saturday morning.....and night......;) I am sincere :weeping: I know you will miss your Buckeyes. I am just glad I will be there for the big Leopard victory celebration. :clap: :clap:

:thinking: I hope?? Lol

waterboy
09-10-2009, 12:43 PM
I will be there for the big Leopard victory celebration. :clap: :clap:
Next week maybe! Doubt it'll happen this week.:D

LE Dad
09-10-2009, 01:10 PM
Next week maybe! Doubt it'll happen this week.:D Um no next week may be just as bad :vrycnfsd: sure won't be any easier. Nashville Ar. Coming in and they are the mirror image of ya'll all the way down to the orange and black uni's . I can't wait for district! It should be a cakewalk compared to this.

:doh: :doh: We will squeak a win in there somewhere. Lol

waterboy
09-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Um no next week may be just as bad :vrycnfsd: sure won't be any easier. Nashville Ar. Coming in and they are the mirror image of ya'll all the way down to the orange and black uni's . I can't wait for district! It should be a cakewalk compared to this.

:eek: :eek: I suppose your Leopards will be plenty tired of the ol' Orange and Black after these two games! Well...........maybe y'all can sneak a win out the week after the Orange and Black teams.........y'all can do your victory dance then.:D

Aesculus gilmus
09-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Um no next week may be just as bad :vrycnfsd: sure won't be any easier. Nashville Ar. Coming in and they are the mirror image of ya'll all the way down to the orange and black uni's . I can't wait for district! It should be a cakewalk compared to this.

http://scrappers.k12.ar.us/images/star.gif

The Nashville Scrappers. lol

They've got that Superman 'S' thing going on. Reminds me of Snyder.
http://www.nashvilleleader.com/articles/2009/09/09/sports/01sports.txt

I know we are the only Buckeyes in Texas. I wonder if they are the only Scrappers in Arkansas.

LE Dad
09-10-2009, 01:43 PM
http://scrappers.k12.ar.us/images/star.gif

The Nashville Scrappers. lol

They've got that Superman 'S' thing going on. Reminds me of Snyder.
http://www.nashvilleleader.com/articles/2009/09/09/sports/01sports.txt

I know we are the only Buckeyes in Texas. I wonder if they are the only Scrappers in Arkansas. Yes, ya'll both are 1 of a kind. Lol

waterboy
09-10-2009, 02:59 PM
To be honest with ya, LE Dad, this is the one game that has worried me the most. Like I've said in some earlier posts, this game looks to be the toughest game on our regular season schedule. I know Kilgore and Daingerfield will be gunning for us, but those games ARE at our house. I don't think we'll lose to either of those teams,.......but I have been wrong before.:thinking: I hope the Buckeyes are ready for an all-out war! This should be a doozy!:thumbsup:

GO BUCKEYES! BEAT L.E.!

LE Dad
09-10-2009, 04:01 PM
To be honest with ya, LE Dad, this is the one game that has worried me the most. Like I've said in some earlier posts, this game looks to be the toughest game on our regular season schedule. I know Kilgore and Daingerfield will be gunning for us, but those games ARE at our house. I don't think we'll lose to either of those teams,.......but I have been wrong before.:thinking: I hope the Buckeyes are ready for an all-out war! This should be a doozy!:thumbsup:

GO BUCKEYES! BEAT L.E.! I hope LE is ready? They have nothing to lose and everything to gain.Loss big deal it's to # 1 team. Win you're a giant killer,:cool: Is LE hungry enough and good enough ? Wish I knew and I wouldn't show up. Lol:confused: :confused:

Trashman
09-10-2009, 04:44 PM
I can't believe that as of this post, that there are 5 people who actually think that LE will win. Gilmer by a bunch.:rolleyes:

LE Dad
09-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
I can't believe that as of this post, that there are 5 people who actually think that LE will win. Gilmer by a bunch.:rolleyes: I can't believe that before your post there were only 4:clap: :clap: Thanks for your support !:thumbsup:

Buckeye80
09-10-2009, 08:53 PM
This game could be alot closer than most of you think! COULD!!!
LE runs to our weakness on defense (up the middle), and they did it very effectively against a (4A) Mt. Pleasant team with an enormous defensive line compared to our's. If LE can pull off the "ball control" strategy effectively, this game will go back and forth and put some pressure on the Buckeye offense. I don't believe the Leopards can stop the Buckeye offense, but they can seriously decrease the amount of time the Buckeye "O" is on the field!
If the Buckeye defense is able to get stops against that huge offensive line and huge backs of LE's, then it will probably be a long night for the Leopards. If not, this game may very well come down to the last possession.
LE is always ready to play Gilmer, and I really like the renewed rivalry between these teams.
But having said all that, in this game, I think the Buckeyes capitalize on some Leopard mistakes and continue to avenge the showing in the Jasper game.

Buckeyes 48
Leopards 20

LE Dad
09-10-2009, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
This game could be alot closer than most of you think! COULD!!!
LE runs to our weakness on defense (up the middle), and they did it very effectively against a (4A) Mt. Pleasant team with an enormous defensive line compared to our's. If LE can pull off the "ball control" strategy effectively, this game will go back and forth and put some pressure on the Buckeye offense. I don't believe the Leopards can stop the Buckeye offense, but they can seriously decrease the amount of time the Buckeye "O" is on the field!
If the Buckeye defense is able to get stops against that huge offensive line and huge backs of LE's, then it will probably be a long night for the Leopards. If not, this game may very well come down to the last possession.
LE is always ready to play Gilmer, and I really like the renewed rivalry between these teams.
But having said all that, in this game, I think the Buckeyes capitalize on some Leopard mistakes and continue to avenge the showing in the Jasper game.

Buckeyes 48
Leopards 20 You nailed it!!:clap: :clap: If LE makes mistakes Gilmer will win. If LE doesn't or both teams do, we will have a ballgame. :)

Buckeye80
09-10-2009, 09:33 PM
If both teams learn something from this game and come away uninjured, it will be a success.

Both these teams have bigger fish to fry this year!:clap:

LE Dad
09-10-2009, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
If both teams learn something from this game and come away uninjured, it will be a success.

Both these teams have bigger fish to fry this year!:clap: Once again you are 100% correct. The only wins that matter are in district and playoffs. This will be a great game to learn from. LE gets to see a great spread O and Gilmer gets to see Power run with play action. Both teams get to see great D and lots of speed. Best of luck to your team and hope all of the Gilmer fans have a safe trip to and from the game. :clap: :clap:

txkmom
09-10-2009, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
I can't believe that as of this post, that there are 5 people who actually think that LE will win. Gilmer by a bunch.:rolleyes:

There's very few LE homers on this board, that's why.
I will ALWAYS support my leopards, whatever the odds
:cheerl: :cheerl:

LE Dad
09-10-2009, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by txkmom
:cheerl: :cheerl: :clap: :clap: You tell em Txkmom. Thats a cool pic of Will.

I am ready for some football. :D :D

Aesculus gilmus
09-11-2009, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by txkmom
:cheerl: :cheerl:

There are very few Gilmer posters — period. So any big lead in the poll is coming from disinterested observers from elsewhere in the state.

I didn't even vote in the poll, so I don't know what the margin is. I have a feeling this is going to be a close game, but I'm not all that accurate in my prognostications.

LE Dad
09-11-2009, 08:54 AM
Interesting game stats :

A combined 4 Sate titles in past 10 yrs

First time in 30 yrs that Buckeyes have visited Harris Field.

LE leads overall series 11 - 4

Gilmer holds 2 - 1 advantage since 2006.

Gilmer coach Jeff Traylor will be going for his 100th career victory.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

OldBison75
09-11-2009, 08:58 AM
LE has the type team that can beat anyone on any given night. With the hooplah of playing at home in a big game, they willbe hard to beat. If Gilmer clicks on all cylinders they can win, but it will only take one mitake for LE to pounce. I think LE jumps up early and hangs on for a 7 point win.

waterboy
09-11-2009, 09:42 AM
I agree that they are the type of team that can beat any team on a given night, but they are also prone to turnovers. If the Leopards turn the ball over, and the Buckeyes don't, it could be a long night for LE. I won't give a score, but I think the Buckeyes will win. It will probably be a close one knowing how these two teams match up. It probably won't be for the faint of heart.:devil:

BuckeyeNut
09-11-2009, 10:23 AM
Ok sorry was not on at the start but first thing is your so called 3a football stadium is the most saddest thing I have every seen. I mean omg man 1a Union Hill has a better place. I mean the 7th and 8th grade fans at 5pm all most fulled it up. What are yall thinking. LE Dad i am going to to sitting on the home side tonight with about 6 hundred other Gilmer Fans. So make some room.

BuckeyeNut
09-11-2009, 10:24 AM
And why did the Freshman and JV have to go and play Pittsburgh yesterday. Is LE's Freshman and JV all sick?

Buckeye1980
09-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Come on Buckeye fans, be there in full force, I can't make it tonight, doctor has told me not to be stressed until we work things out , so I figure best for me not to go, but my heart is always with my Buckeyes ...my pick? Gilmer 35-23

LE Dad
09-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Black Flag
Ok sorry was not on at the start but first thing is your so called 3a football stadium is the most saddest thing I have every seen. I mean omg man 1a Union Hill has a better place. I mean the 7th and 8th grade fans at 5pm all most fulled it up. What are yall thinking. LE Dad i am going to to sitting on the home side tonight with about 6 hundred other Gilmer Fans. So make some room. :clap: :clap: LOL I was wondering where you were. You must not caught my earlier posts cause I agree 100% our stadium sucks. We have great Baseball field and great Gym but our field is pretty sad. Now as far as visitor seating, I have only seen it filled completely a couple of times (excluding inter city games) If you want to come sit on winning side just come on over we will be glad to have you (food is better too). As far as games last night, I believe you are incorrect, I know our JV played in Gilmer, and I am pretty for sure our 9th grade did also.:confused: :confused: He!! You want a country club go play the Grove in their palace. You want a good game come to our dump. Lol :D

Aesculus gilmus
09-11-2009, 11:00 AM
As far as games last night, I believe you are incorrect, I know our JV played in Gilmer, and I am pretty for sure our 9th grade did also.:confused: :confused: He!! You want a country club go play the Grove in their palace. You want a good game come to our dump. Lol :D

I drove by Buckeye Stadium around 7 p.m. last night and can verify that some players in LE colors, at least, were on the field. I also think it is in poor taste to criticize other schools' stadiums. But everyone has a right to voice his or her opinions.

I don't think Gilmer will be playing PG again. That series grew out of a friendship between our coach and the departed Rick Barker, from what I've heard. The last few years we've scrimmaged his New Boston teams.

waterboy
09-11-2009, 11:39 AM
.......If you want to come sit on winning side just come on over we will be glad to have you (food is better too........
:tisk: :tisk: Winning side? If he wanted to sit on the winning side he'd HAVE to sit on the visitor side!LOL:evillol:I like your confidence, though! :thumbsup:

Black Flag, I suggest you eat before you go.....;) Threatening weather will probably hurt attendance, so you might have enough room on the winning side........you know, the side wearing orange and black.:thumbsup:

LE Dad
09-11-2009, 11:54 AM
I drove by Buckeye Stadium around 7 p.m. last night and can verify that some players in LE colors, at least, were on the field. I also think it is in poor taste to criticize other schools' stadiums. But everyone has a right to voice his or her opinions.

I don't think Gilmer will be playing PG again. That series grew out of a friendship between our coach and the departed Rick Barker, from what I've heard. The last few years we've scrimmaged his New Boston teams. Coach Barker is a good man. I was very happy to see him get out of PG.

I am sure that a new stadium will be in the works soon, but while what we have is not the best I have been in far worse.:)

LE Dad
09-11-2009, 12:32 PM
Get them folks some black and orange rain gear!:D This is gonna be a ball game!

:D I will be there dead center 50 yd line.

BuckeyeNut
09-11-2009, 01:22 PM
:clap: :clap: LOL I was wondering where you were. You must not caught my earlier posts cause I agree 100% our stadium sucks. We have great Baseball field and great Gym but our field is pretty sad. Now as far as visitor seating, I have only seen it filled completely a couple of times (excluding inter city games) If you want to come sit on winning side just come on over we will be glad to have you (food is better too). As far as games last night, I believe you are incorrect, I know our JV played in Gilmer, and I am pretty for sure our 9th grade did also.:confused: :confused: He!! You want a country club go play the Grove in their palace. You want a good game come to our dump. Lol :D

Sorry to tell you are JV and Freshman played in Pittsburgh my son is on the Freshman team. I dont want a country club just some place to sit with out getting there a 530 what time are they opening up so we can in.

LE Dad
09-11-2009, 01:35 PM
Sorry to tell you are JV and Freshman played in Pittsburgh my son is on the Freshman team. I dont want a country club just some place to sit with out getting there a 530 what time are they opening up so we can in. Don't know bout Frosh but JV was in Gilmer. Gates should open bout 5:30. :D

BuckeyeNut
09-11-2009, 01:36 PM
:tisk: :tisk: Winning side? If he wanted to sit on the winning side he'd HAVE to sit on the visitor side!LOL:evillol:I like your confidence, though! :thumbsup:

Black Flag, I suggest you eat before you go.....;) Threatening weather will probably hurt attendance, so you might have enough room on the winning side........you know, the side wearing orange and black.:thumbsup:

I saw that from last night with the 7th and 8th grade. About the eating part.:D :D

LE Dad
09-11-2009, 02:52 PM
I saw that from last night with the 7th and 8th grade. About the eating part.:D :D :D Yeah they already got the smoker fired up for some turkey legs and sausages and such. I think some of it makes its way over to the visitors concession. Rain looks like a definite 50% at 6, 60% at 7, and 70% at 8. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Buckeye1980
09-11-2009, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980
Come on Buckeye fans, be there in full force, I can't make it tonight, doctor has told me not to be stressed until we work things out , so I figure best for me not to go, but my heart is always with my Buckeyes ...my pick? Gilmer 35-23

Great job Buckeyes....and good pick Buckeye1980

pirate4state
09-11-2009, 11:06 PM
Don't roll your eyes at me! Yall can be down 21-28 at the end of 3 and have all sorts of bad stuff happen to put Gilmer ahead in the 4th!

Let's play this out.

See how quick that happened? :rolleyes:

Should of stopped at 35-21 ;)

Good game LE! WTG Buckeyes!!

easttexas3a
09-12-2009, 01:11 AM
Game ended 35-17.

At one point in the early 3rd quarter LE lead 17-9. Gilmer quickly scored 3 touchdowns to take a 28-17 lead before a 6 minute drive to ice it at 35-17.

Gilmer oline needs some work, looks like the two teams that gave us trouble so far, jasper and le, both blitz a ton. Stump played well, and kept his head in the game and made something out of nothing a few times.

Defense played pretty well, allowed LE to throw two near 50 yard td passes, LE was running so effectively when they passed there were usually people open.

Defense came out after the long score in the 3rd, and then gave up basically nothing the rest fo the game, and came up with two huge turnovers, one forced fumble, and one where LE bobbled the snap as the buckeyes were right on the qb in the backfield.

LE Dad
09-12-2009, 09:15 AM
........................ Gilmer...:........ LE
1st dwns...........12 ............ ...9
Rushing ....... 36-177 .. 37-139
Passing............156...............87
A - C - I.......... 22-11-0 11-4-0
Fumbles............1-1 ............3-2
Penalties ...... 7-65..........7-65
Punt Avg........ 1-38..........3-32

Great game, think both teams came out of this with exactly what they wanted, although an LE win would have been nice. The Buckeyes played great and deserved the W. I have said it before Gilmer has classy program with the classy fans. Anyone who bashes either is wrong! Buckeyes good luck on the rest of your season.
:clap:

Thank God for no injuries :D