PDA

View Full Version : BYU & The National Championship!

PHS Wildcats
09-09-2009, 02:48 PM
With BYU beating #3OU, moving up to #9 in the polls and still have Florida State and 2 ranked team on the schedule (Utah & TCU). If they win out and they are the only undefeated team, do you think they will or should play for a National Title?

95mustang
09-09-2009, 02:58 PM
If the season unfolds as you put it in your post and they are the only undefeated team then yes they should get the oppurtunity to play for the National Championship, but this is the NCAA and something always happens to mess up the general logic of the system and we all know that Florida has already been given the title. Plus USC will claim the title is rightfully theirs.

XtremeCouture
09-09-2009, 02:59 PM
florida and texas will be undefeated too so no they won't play for the championship but yes they should be able to compete for it. bring on the playoffs

BTownVBall3
09-09-2009, 03:01 PM
There is no way that they will be the only undefeated team (if that even happens, unlikely). You still have your USCs or Ohio State, whoever win this weekend in conferences that are finally looking more improved than previous years. Then you have Florida and Texas. .both of which could and are predicted to go undefeated. To answer your question though, if they go undefeated and are the only undefeated team there is no way they do not put them in the NC. Especially after last years stuff with Utah. Mountain West has been asking for equality and they may very well get it this year.

95mustang
09-09-2009, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
florida and texas will be undefeated too so no they won't play for the championship but yes they should be able to compete for it. bring on the playoffs

Texas will have to get through Tech first. Don't count the Red Raiders out. They are always stronger in the first part of the season.

big daddy russ
09-09-2009, 03:39 PM
I don't know. It could happen, but the Sam Bradford injury will no doubt stick in voters' minds as the turning point in that game.

They get FSU in a couple of weeks, which won't give the 'Noles a chance to climb the polls and will be gone from recent memory by season's end. BUT, their tough games (Colorado State, Utah, TCU) are all in Provo.

I guess we'll see what happens, but I don't know if they get the nod over a one-loss Big XII or SEC team.