PDA

View Full Version : BFG or Pirelli?!?!?!

IHStangFan
09-09-2009, 12:13 PM
I'm fixing to put tires on my truck and I can't decide between the BFG All-Terrain T/A KO & the Pirelli Scorpion ATR. I've usually ALWAYS had the BFGs under my trucks.....but this time...the truck is an F250, 2 wheel drive crew cab.

I was leaning more towards the Pirelli at first. It was a decent "all-terrain" tire, but lacked the "luggy" offroad look and feel of the BFG.....meaning it'd be a quieter, smoother, longer lasting tire under my lead sled of a truck right? It's 2 wheel drive...I don't need the BFG.

Well I get to reading and it seems the reviews on the Pirelli are split 50/50 right down the middle.....LOVE and HATE. Seems some people are having problems w/ the Pirelli developing flat spots on them when the vehicle sits over night. Then in the morning it's a rough, shaky ride for about 5 or so miles till the tire warms up.

Evidently this is leading some of the tires to come apart....separate...sidewall from tread. SO....back to the BFG. It's a big overkill for my 2 wheel drive truck...but I've always had GREAT luck w/ this particular tire.

I DO take my truck to the deer lease and up to our property, and it gets kind of mucky up at our place when it rains. I've been stuck twice up there now....nothing horrible, but just to the point if I'd of had a little more aggressive tire...I could have driven out of it. This is due to the fact that about 6 inches below the topsoil is a very thick and solid layer of dark clay....no going to the axle up there usually.

So I'm torn...do I take a chance on the Pirelli which is probably a better fit for my truck...but an unknown as far as dependability......or do I go w/ a tire that's a bit overkill...but I know will hold up and get the job done?!?!?!

THANKS

ASUFrisbeeStud
09-11-2009, 09:10 PM
I've never had the pirelli's so I don't know if I'm a good judge or not but I did have the BFG mud terrains on my old truck and loved them off road, in town they were a little bumpy but well worth it. I think they are a great tire and I've been thinking about putting them on my new f-150 that's two wheel drive.