PDA

View Full Version : Whose the best QB this year?

GrTigers6
09-09-2009, 06:06 AM
Which QB in the state seems to be doing the best this year. And or are there any that could go on to NFL from 3A?

garciap77
09-09-2009, 06:26 AM
Case Keenum ex Abilene Wylie QB!

firstdown
09-09-2009, 07:35 AM
Tom Brady:D

87 TIGER
09-09-2009, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
Which QB in the state seems to be doing the best this year. And or are there any that could go on to NFL from 3A? As a QB or another position?

Ex-Tiger2005
09-09-2009, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by garciap77

He has been a beast on the field!!! I hope he continues and is nominated to go to New York so I can say hey I played against that guy!

GrTigers6
09-09-2009, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
As a QB or another position? any position but an active high school player now.

lulu
09-10-2009, 10:40 AM
Its hard to know because some . or a lot actually , of the best ones out there never get the recognition because they do not have the teammates to protect them nor the receivers that are able to play to the QBs abilities.

I have seen that many times. A talented Quaterback has to have some help for his talents to be displayed. If he dosen't have someone that can catch a pass or run a pattern or a line that can protect him it makes no difference how good he is.

So when you ask that question there are a lot of things to be considered. A quarterback can only be as effective as his team provides for. He can be as talented as they come,,,but there are other things to be considered.

So are the best ones mentioned really the best or do they just have the better backup?

Food for thought .....or on here.....Stuff to argue about:D

lulu
09-10-2009, 11:02 AM
Boy can I shut down a thread...;)

jason
09-10-2009, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by garciap77

robert griffin (baylor) > case kenum (houston)

Prosper23
09-10-2009, 11:34 AM
Mario Williams. DE for prosper, just a sophmore this year and was the newcomer of the year last year. Also the son of ex NFL corner Mario Williams

navscanmaster
09-10-2009, 05:28 PM
any position but an active high school player now.

To follow your thread idea, I have to submit Kye Hildreth from Navasota, though he is not your typical NFL style QB. He is somewhere around 6'1" 180, and is in the upper echelon of those with great field vision and breakaway acceleration/speed. So far he has completed around 80% of his passes for 302 yards with 5 TDs and 1 INT. He also has about 150 yards rushing and a kickoff return for a TD on his only return touch thus far. Ever since the Cameron game last year, nobody will kick to him. Palestine only kicked to him because they forgot to look at where he lined up at halfway through the game. As good as Jacolby Stokes was the last three years, Kye has him beat on mobility behind the line. He can throw VERY accurately while scrambling.

GrTigers6
09-10-2009, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by lulu
Its hard to know because some . or a lot actually , of the best ones out there never get the recognition because they do not have the teammates to protect them nor the receivers that are able to play to the QBs abilities.

I have seen that many times. A talented Quaterback has to have some help for his talents to be displayed. If he dosen't have someone that can catch a pass or run a pattern or a line that can protect him it makes no difference how good he is.

So when you ask that question there are a lot of things to be considered. A quarterback can only be as effective as his team provides for. He can be as talented as they come,,,but there are other things to be considered.

So are the best ones mentioned really the best or do they just have the better backup?

Food for thought .....or on here.....Stuff to argue about:D Yeah but thats how you determine the best from the good. If they can make any team better they are definitley talented. On the other hand you cant glue the ball to the recievers hands :D :D :D

lulu
09-10-2009, 06:27 PM
Yeah but thats how you determine the best from the good. If they can make any team better they are definitley talented. On the other hand you cant glue the ball to the recievers hands :D :D :D

Or get them down field.