PDA

View Full Version : OU Football= West Canaan Coyotes

BreckTxLonghorn
09-08-2009, 05:12 PM
If anyone has seen 'Varsity Blues', you get this reference. And if you get this reference, and you're a Sooner, you should be scared to no end for what Stoops may have in store for Sam Bradford.

Just like Bud Kilmer in Varsity Blues, Stoops has no care for his players, winning is the only thing that matters. He will literally run his players down to ensure wins at the hands of their professional career. Don't believe me? Look at some of these names...

--Adrian Peterson - On the list first because not many people think about him, and he was one of the smartest and got out when he could. I'm not talking about 'breaking the collarbone' AD; I'm talking the high ankle sprain in his sophomore year. So bad, he missed four games, but not until Stoops tried to play him in the Red River Shootout before Peterson gave a no go.

--Josh Heupel - QB of his only NC. Never played a down in the NFL due to ongoing tendonitis in his shoulder that began in college. His throwing shoulder I might add.

--Jason White - Took the Sooners to 2 NCs. He who tore the ACL in both of his knees, and never played a down in the NFL as his knees constantly gave him problems.

--Jermaine Gresham - One of the best TEs in the country currently, and one of the worst kept secrets in the NCAA this year. It seemed everyone knew he tore his meniscus, but OU wouldn't say a word about it, even to a point to where Stoops said this very morning that he could be back on the field in two weeks. KOCO in Oklahoma City cited a source today confirming the season's over for Gresham.

And now we have Mr. Bradford. He would have been all but guaranteed a first round pick had he gone last year but Stoops convinced him to stay and play behind a makeshift OL. Now the rumors are swirling that it's anywhere from a 'category 3 sprain', a 'torn rotator cuff', or 'simply put his shoulder looks like crab meat(I honestly received that report from someone I know)'. Bradford opted out of surgery this week to try and rehab and play for the RRS and salvage the season. I'm glad he insured himself.

I am in no way an OU fan (my signature makes it obvious), but Gresham and especially Bradford are special players that don't come along every day. They could make a ton of money in the NFL and, at least in Bradford's case, probably make a dent in the league to be remembered. Hopefully, they'll do what's best for them instead of blindly obeying Big Game Bob Kilmer. Otherwise, more than a season could just be lost this year.

Maroon87
09-08-2009, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Big Game Bob Kilmer.

:spitlol:

cshscougar08
09-08-2009, 05:33 PM
I did respond, but I'm not even going to now. This is unbelievable.

BreckTxLonghorn
09-08-2009, 05:42 PM
Out of respect for your editing, I will edit mine out too, then.

Daddy D 11
09-08-2009, 05:42 PM
If anyone has seen 'Varsity Blues', you get this reference. And if you get this reference, and you're a Sooner, you should be scared to no end for what Stoops may have in store for Sam Bradford.

Just like Bud Kilmer in Varsity Blues, Stoops has no care for his players, winning is the only thing that matters. He will literally run his players down to ensure wins at the hands of their professional career. Don't believe me? Look at some of these names...

--Adrian Peterson - On the list first because not many people think about him, and he was one of the smartest and got out when he could. I'm not talking about 'breaking the collarbone' AD; I'm talking the high ankle sprain in his sophomore year. So bad, he missed four games, but not until Stoops tried to play him in the Red River Shootout before Peterson gave a no go.

--Josh Heupel - QB of his only NC. Never played a down in the NFL due to ongoing tendonitis in his shoulder that began in college. His throwing shoulder I might add.

--Jason White - Took the Sooners to 2 NCs. He who tore the ACL in both of his knees, and never played a down in the NFL as his knees constantly gave him problems.

--Jermaine Gresham - One of the best TEs in the country currently, and one of the worst kept secrets in the NCAA this year. It seemed everyone knew he tore his meniscus, but OU wouldn't say a word about it, even to a point to where Stoops said this very morning that he could be back on the field in two weeks. KOCO in Oklahoma City cited a source today confirming the season's over for Gresham.

And now we have Mr. Bradford. He would have been all but guaranteed a first round pick had he gone last year but Stoops convinced him to stay and play behind a makeshift OL. Now the rumors are swirling that it's anywhere from a 'category 3 sprain', a 'torn rotator cuff', or 'simply put his shoulder looks like crab meat(I honestly received that report from someone I know)'. Bradford opted out of surgery this week to try and rehab and play for the RRS and salvage the season. I'm glad he insured himself.

I am in no way an OU fan (my signature makes it obvious), but Gresham and especially Bradford are special players that don't come along every day. They could make a ton of money in the NFL and, at least in Bradford's case, probably make a dent in the league to be remembered. Hopefully, they'll do what's best for them instead of blindly obeying Big Game Bob Kilmer. Otherwise, more than a season could just be lost this year.

IDK about all that, alot of what you said is just inferences. We have no way of knowing why or when any of those players were hurt and there's no way of knowing what those players told coach Stoops? I can think of COUNTLESS examples where players are not game ready but fight through it and tell coach yes I'm fine, even when the tests show otherwise. I think Stoops is a good guy and wouldn't necessarily do what you're accusing him of doing to his players. Obviously I have zero knowledge inside of the OU program, but neither do you, so we're even.

Daddy D 11
09-08-2009, 05:47 PM

Wait, so you know for a fact that Stoops talked him into coming back? I have a hard time believing Bradford would come back against his will, if he wanted to go to the NFL he would have. But OBVIOUSLY he's a competitive person and believed in his teammates returning around him, even if they're "makeshift" and wanted to win a National Title for the Sooners.

I grew up in Austin. I'm a huge UT fan, both my parents graduated from UT and combined I have over a dozen UT graduates in my family, not to mention 4 family members that work for the University....I never thought the day would come when I'm defending OU and Stoops but what you are saying is dumb and holds zero truth, or facts.

BreckTxLonghorn
09-08-2009, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Wait, so you know for a fact that Stoops talked him into coming back? I have a hard time believing Bradford would come back against his will, if he wanted to go to the NFL he would have. But OBVIOUSLY he's a competitive person and believed in his teammates returning around him, even if they're "makeshift" and wanted to win a National Title for the Sooners.

I grew up in Austin. I'm a huge UT fan, both my parents graduated from UT and combined I have over a dozen UT graduates in my family, not to mention 4 family members that work for the University....I never thought the day would come when I'm defending OU and Stoops but what you are saying is dumb and holds zero truth, or facts.

I'll give you that - the line about being convinced is my opinion and should be retracted out (it's been 30 min since I OP'd so can't edit). He probably did want to come back to win it all and my assumption on that particular matter is based on my thoughts only.

I will be glad to admit when someone makes a good point, and you did. I still believe my main argument though; I used the VB reference just to add some spice, but I believe the basis of my point. I posted this more because it's been churning in my head all day, and I honestly do think Bradford is a helluva player, and I do want him to play in the RRS this year - I just don't want it to be at 50% and risk getting hurt further (which could happen in any game he plays in not 100%). Take it as you will.

Daddy D 11
09-08-2009, 06:30 PM
I honestly do think Bradford is a helluva player, and I do want him to play in the RRS this year - I just don't want it to be at 50% and risk getting hurt further (which could happen in any game he plays in not 100%). Take it as you will.

I agree completely, even though I am a student at Baylor, I will be attending that game and look forward to seeing Bradford duke it out with Colt. That being said....the week before that, my Bears (and myself) are traveling to Norman to hopefully play the Bradfordless Sooners:D

Sic 'Em!

I. B. Watching
09-08-2009, 08:17 PM

That's the stupidist and most uninformed information I have ever seen. You have no clue.

BreckTxLonghorn
09-08-2009, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by I. B. Watching
That's the stupidist and most uninformed information I have ever seen. You have no clue.

Says the one who misspelled 'stupidest'.

And if we're being honest, I don't believe stupidest is a word. I believe it's most stupid.

:D

Just an opinion friend. Glad to know what yours is now.