PDA

View Full Version : Stafford Spartans

SHSBulldog00
09-08-2009, 02:58 PM
As a District 26 3A Poster I would like to see Stafford move into the new Houston District during the next realignment.

When Stafford opened as a 3A they were placed in the same district as

Hitchcock
Boling
Needville
Sweeny
Van Vleck

Now the current district is

Needville
Sweeny
Brookshire Royal
Wharton
West Columbia

When Stafford was placed in the original 3A district it was beacause there were no more 3A school's closer in the Houston AREA. Now the UIL wants to drop some Houston ISD school's into 3A. Stafford is out of the way for it's current district teams with the exception of Brookshire. The HISD school's will cut down on the travel for Stafford MSD as well as the current district teams in D 26.

Bull's-eye
09-08-2009, 03:40 PM
If I was from Stafford, I would want to stay with the current teams. The Houston schools would be closer, but driving through the big city on a Friday afternoon can be murder. Not wanting to bash the inner city schools, but there will a few more issues playing in that district. HISD doesn't have a lot of money for their athletics, facilities are old & out of date.

HEMOTOXIC
09-08-2009, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
If I was from Stafford, I would want to stay with the current teams. The Houston schools would be closer, but driving through the big city on a Friday afternoon can be murder. Not wanting to bash the inner city schools, but there will a few more issues playing in that district. HISD doesn't have a lot of money for their athletics, facilities are old & out of date.

The money is there, but, they elect not to spend it on athletics. :(