PDA

View Full Version : Sealy-Rice

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Sealy, Rice. who wins and why?

Booter11
09-08-2009, 03:03 PM
If Sealy has all their players out of trouble then i have to give the edge to them. They have a great defense and possibly the best RB in 25-3A. Rice is good but they lost alot of talent after last season. Should be a great game this Friday but in the end Sealy will come out on top. 24-14 Tigers

IHStangFan
09-08-2009, 03:22 PM
This IS an intriguing match up. I expect Sealy to come out on top, but if their RB is still out w/ injury, that could change things up a bit. Should be a good'un!!

Bull's-eye
09-08-2009, 03:51 PM
I haven't watched Rice play in a few years, but they always seem to field good teams. Sealy should win this game, but the loss of their best RB could even the playing field. Don't overlook the rivalry these 2 teams have built up over the years.

Tiger Dad
09-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Sealy will be just fine with or without Downey. Cooper and Davis could start almost anywhere.

Footballhudini
09-08-2009, 06:33 PM
sealy shouldn't sweat this one. they'll win easily by at least 30

beastyboyz
09-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Ooooww this gonna be a good one, rice has a offense tht will click and put points on the board, sealy has a dominating defense tht will get fired up...

Gonna be a close one, I'm gonna say scores to win by a td late in the 4th...

Boomer
09-08-2009, 08:39 PM
The team with the least amount of mistakes wins this one. It will be a close game! Sealy better not over look Rice!

beastyboyz
09-08-2009, 10:34 PM
Rice scores late in the 4th to win by a td

Footballhudini
09-09-2009, 02:47 AM
sealy'll have their 2nd stringers in by mid-3rd imo

teetle
09-09-2009, 08:05 AM
Footballhudini yous full of dooky. Wes better not take rice lightly. theys been to the semifinals 2 years is a row. Whos you tryin to kid. Ike saved us las year. I got a feeling theys would have beat us. Jimmy has the team going. He knows what to do. Wes got to go there. I beleives Rice wins this one. I has a bad feeling.:eek:

hookandladder
09-09-2009, 08:11 AM
Do not think Rice is as good as last year, they will have their hands full with Sealy. 35-14 Sealy.

Footballhudini
09-09-2009, 01:43 PM
i doubt rice gets out of the 2nd round this year. if it rains, it'll be better for yall, but beware - rice likes to 'cancel' games they might lose. :D :D :D

beastyboyz
09-09-2009, 11:30 PM
With players knowing a teams isn't as strong as them, they tend to take the opponent lightly, hopes this isn't the case with this game. Good luck to both teams

tiger eye
09-10-2009, 08:35 AM
Wet field should favor the big time defense of the Tigers, even down in Altair. They will be aggressive and swarm around the football, till Mitchell hauls them back to Sealy. Stopped by practice yesterday and the rumors and trash talk on this about the big time running back are just that. He is fine and looked strong and fast. So if that was your only hope for victory, might want another angle. Balance is the difference in the Tiger "O" this year. Not one dimensional this season. Capable of throwing the ball around to a seasoned batch of receivers and a strong stable of runners if you guess wrong. Rice
is doing a lot of talking, I predict Sealy shows up
ready for some football. Rice should not look past them.
Tigers by 21 !

pirate4state
09-10-2009, 09:38 AM
Good Luck Tigers!

Bone Pile
09-10-2009, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by tiger eye
Wet field should favor the big time defense of the Tigers, even down in Altair. They will be aggressive and swarm around the football, till Mitchell hauls them back to Sealy. Stopped by practice yesterday and the rumors and trash talk on this about the big time running back are just that. He is fine and looked strong and fast. So if that was your only hope for victory, might want another angle. Balance is the difference in the Tiger "O" this year. Not one dimensional this season. Capable of throwing the ball around to a seasoned batch of receivers and a strong stable of runners if you guess wrong. Rice
is doing a lot of talking, I predict Sealy shows up
ready for some football. Rice should not look past them.
Tigers by 21 !

Keep your eyes on the BIG BOYS from Rice. I hear they have a marinate for tiger meat. They are staring the fire and icing down the drinks. Best be ready and don't cry when you are defeated.
Rice by 6 when the dust(mud) clears.

beastyboyz
09-10-2009, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Bone Pile
Keep your eyes on the BIG BOYS from Rice. I hear they have a marinate for tiger meat. They are staring the fire and icing down the drinks. Best be ready and don't cry when you are defeated.
Rice by 6 when the dust(mud) clears.

hmmm those are some strong words, hope the players ccan back that up...i'll have my popcorn and cooke in the bleachers.

good luck to both teams
(d25)

:thinking:

Raider Nurse
09-10-2009, 10:12 PM
Let's go Rice!!!!! You can do it. Show
'em what you're made of!!!! Rice 21 Sealy 17.:p Go Big Blue!

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-11-2009, 02:04 PM
the boys in sealy are fired up and ready to get after the raiders, i hope this one doesn't get called because of rain

CheerMom
09-11-2009, 02:53 PM
THE UPSET WATCH:
3A Sealy (2-0) at No. 4 Altair Rice Consolidated (1-0): Kind of cheap picking a 3A team over a 2A team as an upset, but A) This truly would be an upset, and B) My 3A pick was so risky that I had to counteract it in my 2A preview. The main obstacle I face in this selection? That fact that no one wants to seem to play Altair Rice; in Week 0, it's opener with Wharton was cancelled. And then, a week later, Edna backed out due to (valid) health concerns. So finally, the Raiders manage to schedule Freer. The angst of waiting around so long to play football paid off -- Altair Rice won 61-0 on the legs (literally) of 316 rushing yards and a stout defensive effort. That should spook Sealy a little bit -- Rice, with QB Myles Dumont and WR Mario Hull, can score through the air with ease. Knowing that the ground game is just as potent as the Ziggy Foster days can't be comforting. Luckily, Sealy has its own ground threat to counter with: Dexter Downey, a treacherous runner. Add in dual threat QB Cody Barrett, and you've got an offense with the manpower to do the job and post the upset.
Jerry Forrest's pick: Altair Rice by 8
TexasFootball.com pick: Sealy by 1