PDA

View Full Version : boo!

pirate4state
09-08-2009, 12:38 PM
I am home sick. It came on really quick. I started getting the symptoms late yesterday and BAM today I feel like poo. :(

I sound like an 80 year old life smoker! :eek:

BreckTxLonghorn
09-08-2009, 12:45 PM
Swine flu?

Excuse me, I believe they say H1N1 now.

pirate4state
09-08-2009, 01:04 PM
Right now it just feels like sinus infection. If I don't feel better tomorrow, I guess I'll go see a doctor. :(

waterboy
09-08-2009, 01:13 PM
I'd go to the doctor TODAY if I were you and could get an appointment. Otherwise, you're just wasting your sick days, comp time, or whatever. It seems like everytime I get the "crud", it starts on a Friday. If I still feel bad on Monday, I go see a doctor. I make the doctor give me a shot, plus the prescriptions (antibiotics). It always made me get over it much quicker.

44INAROW
09-08-2009, 02:09 PM
Hope you feel better soon.................. :)

SintonFan
09-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I am home sick. It came on really quick. I started getting the symptoms late yesterday and BAM today I feel like poo. :(

I sound like an 80 year old life smoker! :eek:
Ahh man. I hope you feel better p4s!:)
On a side note, I thought you were trying to get us excited about Halloween.:D

Ranger Mom
09-08-2009, 10:38 PM
I started getting sick last Tuesday...felt better by the time we left Friday but still have the hacking cough!!!

Sinus infections SUCK!!!!

lulu
09-09-2009, 02:11 AM
sounds like we're all a bunch of poo heads. I have had laryngitis for 12 days. On some days I can't get out a sound and I slept for 6 days most of the time. My husband is loving it though.

I have to use my cowbell at the games. DANG I hate not being able to scream at whom ever needs it.
I know that's why we lost to WO last week.:D

Going to Dr. today if not better. Heard steroids works to get the voice back.

EVERYBODY GET BETTER......WE GOT GAMES TO WIN AND SICK FOLK TO GET BETTER.

IHStangFan
09-09-2009, 04:26 AM
Get better soon!

garciap77
09-09-2009, 12:13 PM
Hope you feel better!

AP Panther Fan
09-09-2009, 04:49 PM
I am home sick.

Good grief, I read this and thought "where did she go, I just saw her on Monday"

get it...homesick...

yikes, it is a good thing it is almost 5:00.;)

Hope you get to feeling better soon.:)

pirate4state
09-09-2009, 08:35 PM
I have slept A LOT the past 2 days. I feel a teeny bit better today & figure I better get back to the office. Been drinking lots of fluids and trying to eat, but I just haven't been very hungry. ugh. Being sick sucks!

lulu
09-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Glad to hear your up and moving. Don't push it.:)

lulu
09-09-2009, 08:40 PM
I'm headed to Dr. tomrrow. Voice pretty much gone for 12 days now. Hubby loves it but I'm getting weary of it all.:(

pirate4state
09-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by lulu
Glad to hear your up and moving. Don't push it.:)

not yet. i can post from my cell lol

hope you feel better soon.

LH Panther Mom
09-09-2009, 09:22 PM
I hope you both feel better! :)

Rita, do you sound any better today?

SintonFan
09-09-2009, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

Rita, do you sound any better today?
lol
That depends on if p4s opened her mouth or not.:D
j/k
I hope both of yall get well! :)

nationalpastime
09-10-2009, 10:57 AM
I felt like I had a sinus infection and then a fever set in. The doctor said for sure I had the flu but as fast as it hit she said it was probably swine flu.

pirate4state
09-10-2009, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by nationalpastime
I felt like I had a sinus infection and then a fever set in. The doctor said for sure I had the flu but as fast as it hit she said it was probably swine flu.

dude, not cool!:( i don't want to have the swine :weeping:

44INAROW
09-10-2009, 11:41 AM
rita - how you feeling today? I hope better

pirate4state
09-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
rita - how you feeling today? I hope better

i went to work, stayed 2 hours and then the boss man sent me home. i feel really woozy and have been coughing a lot today, but I still feel better than I did 2 days ago! No fever today. I did run one yesterday.

waterboy
09-10-2009, 03:18 PM
i went to work, stayed 2 hours and then the boss man sent me home. i feel really woozy and have been coughing a lot today, but I still feel better than I did 2 days ago! No fever today. I did run one yesterday.
If you are not feeling a lot better tomorrow, GO TO A DOCTOR! They have medicine that'll get you over it much quicker. Just a word of advice..........:thinking:

SintonFan
09-13-2009, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
lol
That depends on if p4s opened her mouth or not.:D
j/k
I hope both of yall get well! :)

I wish I could take this back. A tasteless joke for sure.:(

lulu
09-16-2009, 11:27 AM
How ya doing?

pirate4state
09-16-2009, 11:36 AM
I feel better, but am not better. Does that make sense? :D

I couldn't get in to see the doc until tomorrow. At this point it will be just to get some strong meds. The OTC stuff isn't knocking this out like I had hoped.

pirate4state
09-18-2009, 09:32 AM
So, I finally went to the doctor. Got a shot & a week's worth of antibotics. Lingering effects of a sinus infection. He said he could still hear all the congestion clogged up (ewwww & LOL) and advised me to buy some mucinex which I had been avoiding because I partically have to make myself throw up to hock up a loogie. :D

I feel MUCH better already! haha Yes, I realize I could have felt much better sooner had I just gone to see him last week, but I'm stubborn and I HATE going to the doctor.

I worked myself up into a damn near panic attack in the waiting room. By the time he saw me he was more concerned with my blood pressure than my sinus infection!

I am happy to report that my blood pressure is back to normal this morning! :)

Have a happy Friday!

44INAROW
09-18-2009, 09:35 AM

Have a happy Friday!

Good News hope you continue to feel better..;)

waterboy
09-18-2009, 12:18 PM
I hate to tell you I told you so.........but I TOLD YOU SO! Just think.....if you'd have taken my advice the other day this illness would've been a distant memory.:thinking:

Glad to hear you're feeling better, though!:thumbsup:

DDBooger
09-18-2009, 12:43 PM
So, I finally went to the doctor. Got a shot & a week's worth of antibotics. Lingering effects of a sinus infection. He said he could still hear all the congestion clogged up (ewwww & LOL) and advised me to buy some mucinex which I had been avoiding because I partically have to make myself throw up to hock up a loogie. :D

I feel MUCH better already! haha Yes, I realize I could have felt much better sooner had I just gone to see him last week, but I'm stubborn and I HATE going to the doctor.

I worked myself up into a damn near panic attack in the waiting room. By the time he saw me he was more concerned with my blood pressure than my sinus infection!

Have a happy Friday! you can hock up some crazy colored loogis!

lulu
09-18-2009, 02:42 PM
Sounds like you're on the right track. Get that Mucinex.

Glad to hear your getting there. lulu