PDA

View Full Version : 4A CC Moody (1-1) @ Sinton (1-0)

pirate4state
09-07-2009, 08:47 PM
Looking forward to this game after an early bye week. Moody is big & physical. Last week they had a ton of turnovers against King and that has me worried a little. They'll be looking to prove that last week was a fluke.

If our offense is clicking we can & will move the ball against them. This is gonna be a HUGE test for our young O-line. If we can win the battle up front, we win. It's simple. ;)

I look forward to a good game against a team I don't think we've ever played before.

Good luck Pirates!!!

Oh and can we PLEASE get LOUD! :rolleyes:

Blastoderm55
09-07-2009, 09:52 PM
Sinton wins by a lot. Moody will be one week closer to baseball season.

IHStangFan
09-08-2009, 05:58 AM
Sinton will find a way to win, they usually do. If they are clicking, I don't see them having much of a problem.

Johnny Utah
09-08-2009, 07:14 AM
Great post pieRAT4state or should I say Captain Obvious!

Johnny Utah
09-08-2009, 07:26 AM
RiverRat19's idea by the way! LOL

RiverRat19
09-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
RiverRat19's idea by the way! LOL
Don't get me involved in this...

pirate4state
09-08-2009, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Great post pieRAT4state or should I say Captain Obvious! NO SOUP FOR YOU!

How 'bout that? :D

sinton legacy77
09-08-2009, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Sinton wins by a lot. Moody will be one week closer to baseball season.

haha fo sho! Sinton wins big...moody is gonna be another win on sintons record

garciap77
09-09-2009, 06:47 AM
I take Sinton! Go Pirates!http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/cheer.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

piratebg
09-09-2009, 09:34 PM
I hope the weather holds. Good luck Pirates!!!

SintonFan
09-09-2009, 09:39 PM
So Moody and Sinton have never played before? Goodness! This game is gonna be a "Slobber-knocker!":eek:
GO PIRATES!!!!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

footballgal
09-09-2009, 10:54 PM
Go pirates, go Pirates, Go Pirates!

LH Panther Mom
09-10-2009, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Oh and can we PLEASE get LOUD! :rolleyes:
You need cowbell!

Still LMAO at that! :D

pirate4state
09-10-2009, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
You need cowbell!

Still LMAO at that! :D

I'm still waiting! This week I wouldn't even be able to hear it since my ears are now stopped up!

What's that you say? LOL

Ingleside Fan
09-10-2009, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
You need cowbell!

Asked IHStangFan he might have and extra?
:D

SintonFan_inAustin
09-10-2009, 09:16 AM
Lets GO PIRATES!

Field will be in bad shape so could be some tunrovers in this game and hopefully its Moody fumbling the ball.

pirate4state
09-10-2009, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Lets GO PIRATES!

Field will be in bad shape so could be some tunrovers in this game and hopefully its Moody fumbling the ball.

Could be? I'd say count it! For both teams unless the football Gods want to make it up to Moody for their 5 turnovers last week. :doh:

It's gonna be an ugly game with an ugly score!

GO PIRATES!!!

LE Dad
09-10-2009, 08:11 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:Sinton :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sinton66
09-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Go Pirates!!!!! Be there or be square.:D

sinfan75
09-10-2009, 09:43 PM
At least another inch fallin again right now so don't expect a pretty game tommorrow. And for everybody that let there yards go dry during this drought? Enjoy your mud holes for yards!!:p :D

SintonFan
09-11-2009, 09:51 AM
It's GAME DAY!!!!! Hope the rain will hold off a bit.
I don't know about you folks, but it seems like forever since week 0.:eek:
GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!!

SINTON81
09-11-2009, 10:41 AM
What time do the parent presentations start today?

SintonFan_inAustin
09-11-2009, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Could be? I'd say count it! For both teams unless the football Gods want to make it up to Moody for their 5 turnovers last week. :doh:

It's gonna be an ugly game with an ugly score!

GO PIRATES!!! Dont think we had a fumble but there sure was alot of cramping up by Sinton players.

pirate4state
09-11-2009, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Dont think we had a fumble but there sure was alot of cramping up by Sinton players. no fumbles, but 2 INTs.

Tonight was really ugly and exposed a lot of weaknesses. gonna have to grow up quick! too many penalties. that needs to stop pronto

sinton66
09-12-2009, 12:09 AM
I was impressed with the defensive goal line stand. Pretty sure that saved the victory for the Pirates. A W is a W, no matter how ugly.;)

pirate4state
09-12-2009, 11:44 AM
Spot on George!

Sinton's big plays enough to top Moody
Pirates hold off Trojans on sloppy field
By George Vondracek
Posted September 12, 2009 at 12:23 a.m.

SINTON — Big plays usually play a huge role in the outcome of football games.

Sinton High School parlayed those into a non-district victory Friday night over a Moody ballclub that, from all appearances, had the upper hand.

Three big first-half plays by Sinton led to all of its points and a goal-line stand in the waning seconds of the third quarter helped the Pirates hold off the Trojans 21-19 on a rain-soaked turf at Pirate Stadium.

“We had a week off last week and we didn’t respond very well. We came out a little flat,” said coach Tom Allen, whose Pirates improved to 2-0. “We didn’t do the things that we normally do. We made a few big plays, opened the game with a kickoff return and then really relaxed and we let them hit us in the mouth a couple of times and never really recovered from it. But a win’s a win.”

And a loss is a loss, especially bitter if you are first-year Moody coach Charlie McMath, whose 1-2 Trojans outgained Sinton 268-165 and essentially let one slip away.

“Absolutely, I’m very disappointed right now,” McMath said. “We dominated the second half. The opening kickoff they scored and we had two breakdowns on defense. Other than that I feel like we dominated the game up and down.”

Sinton’s Matt Gaitan had a hand in three key plays, the first being his 80-yard touchdown return of the opening kickoff.

Still, Moody battled, closing within 21-19. Quarterback Dorian Johnson, who ran 23 times for 80 yards, scored his second TD of the night, a 3-yarder on the first drive of the second half. Later, after the Pirates failed to complete a pass off a fake punt from its 40, Moody rushed its way to the Sinton 1. But John Reyes led a host of Sinton defenders who stopped Dave Mesa short of the goal line.

“We did the things we had to do. The defense made a great stop down there on the goal line. It’s just one of those things,” Allen said. “We don’t feel like we played well. But it’s got to happen some time during the year and hopefully we’ll get it out of the way right now.”

Moody had one more shot but wound up punting. The Pirates, who to that point had the ball for a tad more than 10 minutes in the game, exhausted the final 7:25.

“I give kudos to coach Allen over there. When it mattered they moved the ball on us in the fourth quarter and we couldn’t stop them,” McMath said. “Other than that that’s three plays that beat us.”

Sinton ran but 13 plays in the first half, totaling 101 yards, but the Pirates still led 21-12 off of two big gainers and a Moody mistake. The Trojans, meanwhile, managed 157 yards of offense on 36 plays. They held the ball for 17 minutes, 51 seconds of the first half.

Gaitain took the opening kickoff down the left side and scooted 80 yards for the first TD of the game. The fact it took 20 seconds for Gaitan to cover the yardage spoke to the treacherous condition of the playing surface.

Still, the Trojans would respond on their second possession, thanks to Matthew McGraw’s 15-yard punt return to the Sinton 36. Five plays later, Johnson scored on a 7-yard run. The point-after snap was poor and Sinton held onto a 7-6 lead.

The Trojans held Sinton to a three-and-out but Gaitan recovered Moody’s fumble on the punt, setting up the Pirates at the Moody 20. On the next play, quarterback Josh Harrison and Shane Segovia hooked up on a 20-yard scoring pass play. Jeremy Laws’ PAT kick gave the Pirates a 14-6 lead with 3:18 to play in the first quarter.

Behind the strength of Johnson’s legs, the Trojans engineered a 6:45 scoring drive covering 64 yards. Johnson accounted for 56 of the yards, including the final 9 on his pass to a wide-open Jordan Pratt. Moody went for 2 but Johnson’s pass for Ignacio Ariaza was tipped by — any guesses — Gaitan, and Sinton held a 14-12 lead.

The Pirates retaliated on their next possession, picking up two of their three first-half first downs. Harrison, who finished with 79 yards rushing, picked up the bulk of turf, scoring on a 52-yard keeper around the left side. Laws’ kick gave Sinton a 21-12 lead.

Box score link (http://prepsports.caller.com/football/boys/schedules/games/2814/results/)

Story link (http://www.caller.com/news/2009/sep/12/sintons-big-plays-enough-to-top-moody/)

Ranger354
09-12-2009, 04:20 PM
I think the week off hurt Sinton. They had their hands full last night.