PDA

View Full Version : Miami - FSU

shamu85
09-07-2009, 08:10 PM
This game used to be one of the most anticipated games of the season. Now, at least for the last few years, and it appears so far this year would be included, this game is a boring, sloppy mess. There have been a few good hits, but these offenses look anemic.

Anyone agree/disagree?

wildstangs
09-07-2009, 08:21 PM
Battle of the has-beens. But, it is football on Monday before MNF starts.

pirate4state
09-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Yeah, you'd think with a 14-10 score it would be more interesting, but it hasn't really held my interest.

I do love those Miami unis :inlove:

yoe64
09-07-2009, 08:42 PM
The only reason i still have it on is to watch Jacory Harris

Sweetwater Red
09-07-2009, 08:46 PM
The only two universities in America that would
prefer you to have a criminal record if you want
to play football for them.

easttexas3a
09-07-2009, 09:26 PM
This game is tons more exciting then the okie state georgia game. I think FSU is a pretty good team, and Miami may beat OU without bradford. The game isn't #1 vs. #2 like it once was, but still good.

Tres Lobos
09-07-2009, 10:41 PM
This game went from me dozin off, to me standin up yellin at the tv screen lol

DDBooger
09-07-2009, 10:43 PM
This turned out to be a real good game :)

Looking4number8
09-07-2009, 10:55 PM
Great game, but I still hate Miami.... dang if ponder would have just trown that last pass 6 inches higher.. oh well, GO UT!

PhiI C
09-07-2009, 10:57 PM
It looked like when the pass was incomplete at the end that there should have been one second left - time for one more play.

Looking4number8
09-07-2009, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
It looked like when the pass was incomplete at the end that there should have been one second left - time for one more play.

True but they had about 8 plays from the 12 yard line are closer, They had there chance....

Tres Lobos
09-07-2009, 11:04 PM
Dangg can't get much better than that, good way to end the night.

Daddy D 11
09-08-2009, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Tres Lobos
Dangg can't get much better than that, good way to end the night.

Shoot, great way to end a 5 day weekend of college football! I can gladly say I blew off all my studies and sat around the tv all weekend with my buddies and watched every stinking game from Boise-Oregon to tonights Miami-FSU game. It's been awesome! Damn I even watched the countless HS games that were on ESPN, ESPNU and FSN all week/weekend.

I'm footballed out... wait, no I'm not.

Cameron Crazy
09-08-2009, 01:42 AM
I enjoyed the game thoroughly. But, I have a little few things to say.

Miami's QB is legit. He reminds me of a younger model of VY of Texas. He can literally throw the ball on the spot and he can run on just about on anyone.

Miami receiving crew really suprised me. I didn't think they had that much talent. The kids really beat the FSU corners.

FSU played a good game, they should have won the game at the end though. But, the rivalry will be huge next year with FSu wanting to get that win catagory up.

Overall it was a great game, I thought it was going to be terrible from the start. But, it showcased two great QB from both teams.

Phil C
09-08-2009, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
True but they had about 8 plays from the 12 yard line are closer, They had there chance....

A good point but whether they had 12 or 50 they still should have had that last second and one last chance. Maybe they score maybe they don't but they still should have had that chance. I was surprised the officials didn't see that on the review.

big daddy russ
09-08-2009, 08:21 AM
Just finished watching the game on DVR. Wow. I don't know how they'll look in the middle of the year, if they'll solve their defensive hiccups, and if either team can get a solid running game going, but those two teams looked better than most of the top ten teams over the weekend.

Looks like Miami will miss Bill Young, but Harris was great. Their biggest problem the last few years has been consistency. Maybe the 'Canes find a little with a QB like this around.

ol country boy
09-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Great game. I thought FSU could have come up with something better to score at the end.

shamu85
09-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Looks like I missed a decent game in the second half, at least from a closeness perspective. I just thought both teams look sloppy. The announcers kept saying how great the Ponder guy from FSU was. He looked horrible to me. He was either over or under throwing his receivers on anything longer than 15 yards. Not accurate at all. And Miami, compared to what they used to be anyway, just looked boring on offense. Their D seems to be improving back to where they can stop people sometimes, and they certainly still deliver some bone crunchers. Maybe I should have watched the 2nd half.