PDA

View Full Version : Region III GOTW Suggestions

R3Editor
09-07-2009, 02:49 PM
I'm having a tough time trying to find a good GOTW for this region would anyone care to suggest one?

coach
09-07-2009, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by R3Editor
I'm having a tough time trying to find a good GOTW for this region would anyone care to suggest one?

Fairfield Eagles @ Gatesville Hornets

navscanmaster
09-07-2009, 03:03 PM
Crockett and Mexia. Always a good game. If Van/Palestine weren't inter-regional, I would pick that without a doubt.

Sweetwater Red
09-07-2009, 03:31 PM
I had the same problem this week. It doesn't help when I have two or three districts with almost no
posters on the board. I don't see the point of starting a
GotW if it is only going to get one reply. Lol

j_dog
09-07-2009, 03:37 PM
don't know about this week, but NEXT week, WOS at Jasper.

We all know about WOS. Jasper gave #1 Gilmer all it wanted for a half, and knocked off state 4th ranked 2a Kirbyville by 9 points. WOS and Jasper could be a barn burning defensive battle.

waterboy
09-07-2009, 04:01 PM
I'd vote for the Gilmer / Liberty-Eylau contest. These 2 teams have each won a state title in the last five years, and always play close games. Plus, they ARE playing at the Leopards' house.... The Buckeyes will have to be on top of their game to come away with a victory in this one.;)

j_dog
09-07-2009, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
I'd vote for the Gilmer / Liberty-Eylau contest. These 2 teams have each won a state title in the last five years, and always play close games. Plus, they ARE playing at the Leopards' house.... The Buckeyes will have to be on top of their game to come away with a victory in this one.;)
Great, obvious choice, but LE is Region II isn't it?

WOS1
09-07-2009, 05:06 PM
I'd say Gilmer/LE is the best you have. Then next week, Jasper/WOS.

waterboy
09-07-2009, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
Great, obvious choice, but LE is Region II isn't it?
Crap! Do they both have to be in Region III? If that's the case, I withdraw my vote. What are some other matchups intraregion that are possible GOW material.

LE Dad
09-07-2009, 08:19 PM
This game could be the most exciting game between these 2 teams. It would be a the best choice for GOTW. Reg 2 said the only reason he didn't take it was because he had it last year. :clap: GOTW or not LE and Gilmer will put on a show. :D

87 TIGER
09-07-2009, 09:24 PM
Caldwell and Waco Connally