PDA

View Full Version : D1 vs D2 in 11-3A

Buckeye80
11-05-2003, 07:13 PM
Do y'all think that the last game of the season can lose its luster when both teams have clinched playoff seedings in seperate divisions? I mean, other than the outright district title, Lindale vs. Gilmer on Friday does nothing to affect the playoffs, and the two teams cannot meet again this season.

PPHSfan
11-05-2003, 07:19 PM
I think the District Title is a whole lot more important to these kids than most of us might think. I think it will be a slobberknocker of a game. Gilmer by a bunch though.

Buckeye80
11-05-2003, 07:29 PM
PPHSfan:
I think the District Title is a whole lot more important to these kids than most of us might think. I think it will be a slobberknocker of a game. Gilmer by a bunch though.I'm tempted to say something about Friday's game, but I don't want to jinx us. I THINK that we should win this game by at least 21, but you never know. The thing that Gilmer fans notice is that Winnsboro (and you called that one PPHS) only managed 7 points against Lindale's "D". The bad or good (depending on your point of view) thing about that is that if Lindale's game plan is to keep it low-scoring and slow, they'll go down in flames IMHO. I'll call now Gilmer 36- Lindale 12. Did you know that our average score in district is 52-10? Seems like our district is either a little weak, or we are pretty good.