3. Bellville
4. La Grange
5. La Vernia
6. Sinton
7. Sealy
8. Sweeny
9. Ingleside
10. Needville

Same 10 teams with La Grange moving up after blowing out Yoakum and La Vernia moving up a spot after going on the road to top ranked Giddings and giving the buffs a scare. Sinton drops from 4 to 6 after an idle week.

Pudlugger
09-06-2009, 10:42 PM
This looks good. I don't see much movement in the top half until district25 opens. Then...well we'll just have to wait and see.;)

STAggie
09-07-2009, 12:44 AM
From what I saw from Sealy Friday night (first time seeing them all season), Region IV better watch out.

Johnny Utah
09-07-2009, 07:28 AM
Sealy is higher than #7 in the Region, but what do I know.

Corn Cob
09-07-2009, 10:17 AM
Sinton and Ingleside in the top 10........Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

tiger eye
09-07-2009, 10:39 AM
Four in the top 10 from one district......?

Something has got to give when the district play
starts. Who has looked like the class of the district so far?
Are any of the pre-district foes representative
of quality opponents ?
When and where are these four playing each other?
Home field advantage favor anyone of the four ?

1st and goal
09-07-2009, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by tiger eye

of quality opponents ?
Home field advantage favor anyone of the four ?

The only team that has lost in district 25 is Smithville to a tough Lexington. Last Friday, Smithville was beating Wharton 21-0 when the game was called for lightning. I'll trade districts with you this year. Some good teams will be staying home.

After watching LaVernia last week, I'm really impressed with their team. They played virtually mistake free football and nearly beat Giddings in Giddings. If it weren't for Marcellus Mack's awesome kickoff return to about the 30-35 and two quick slant pass plays, the Region IV top ten would be shuffled a bit.

Here's how I see it for now:
1. Cuero(balanced attack still a bit green ;)
2. Giddings (team must gel and hold on to the ball, but has talent)
3. Bellville
4. La Vernia
5. La Grange
6. Sinton
7. Sealy
8. Sweeny
9. Ingleside
10. Needville

R4Editor
09-07-2009, 11:39 AM
We thought about dropping Giddings and replacing them with Cuero, but we also think La Vernia is a very good team and felt with the win Giddings deserved to stay on top.

Cuero looks very good. We think the game against Devine will be a good test to see where they really are. if they blow out the Warhorses like many here think, then they may just may climb in the poll. In the coming weeks they've got 4A Bay City and La Vernia so we'll know very soon how the Gobblers stack up. As of now, a very strong argument can be made for them to have the top spot.

In D25 our take is most have given the top 2 spots to Giddings and Bellville. To that we say, not so fast. La Grange is looking very good and we expect Sealy to contend for a playoff spot and possibly the district title. So much will rely on key payers staying healthy as we expect this district to be very tight. Any of these 4 teams could take the district title.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Cuero replaced alot of starters from last year but they looked extremely fast on both sides of the ball. IMO Cuero is the top team but Giddings deserves to stay there unless they stumble.

Sinton had a pretty good scrimmage against La Vernia 3 td to 0 and even though its a scrimmage its good to know they've matched up with them and can compete physically.

sinton66
09-07-2009, 03:38 PM
We didn't lose to BYE either.:D

1st and goal
09-07-2009, 08:48 PM
Does anyone onboard know anything about Devine?

IHStangFan
09-08-2009, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by tiger eye

of quality opponents ?
Home field advantage favor anyone of the four ? D25 is stacked. There are a bunch of quality teams in that district. Sealy is the unknown in my opinion. They have looked sharp so far...but against the likes of 2nd Baptist, Hempstead, etc. They haven't been tested yet. They DO return their dangerous RB from last year. Sealy will certainly be in the hunt if they can minimize the "off the field" junk that has plagued them in the past.

Bellville has the potential to win the district and are still gelling.....they will only get better.

La Grange from what I've read have a dangerous offense and passing attack. They seem to be able to move the ball on just about anyone.

Giddings....well....they are stacked and will be the team to beat in D25 until proven otherwise in my opinion.

It'll be interesting up in D25 this year.