PDA

View Full Version : Wk 2 Prosper @ Bridgeport

Bullaholic
09-06-2009, 08:20 PM
My head says Prosper is probably a 7-10 point favorite, and will well remember their 37-31 loss to the Bulls at home last season to spoil an otherwise perfect season, but my heart says this year's Bulls finally found out how to put points on the board in a hurry in the second half of the MW game, so I'm going to say the Bulls have a chance to take this one by 7. Prosper is a very good team again this year and could very well win District 9 again this season. Their "D" is very stingy and tough as nails. Don't worry Celina---we're going to soften Prosper up for you this week in our house :D---this is the week that the Bulls put it all together.

Go Bulls!

LE Dad
09-06-2009, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
My head says Prosper is probably a 7-10 point favorite, and will well remember their 37-31 loss to the Bulls at home last season to spoil an otherwise perfect season, but my heart says this year's Bulls finally found out how to put points on the board in a hurry in the second half of the MW game, so I'm going to say the Bulls have a chance to take this one by 7. Prosper is a very good team again this year and could very well win District 9 again this season. Their "D" is very stingy and tough as nails. Don't worry Celina---we're going to soften Prosper up for you this week in our house :D---this is the week that the Bulls put it all together.

Go Bulls! :D Good luck! All it takes is skill and a little luck to make it all work out.:clap: :clap:

Bullaholic
09-06-2009, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
:D Good luck! All it takes is skill and a little luck to make it all work out.:clap: :clap:

Thanks LE---it's nice to be good, and great to be lucky---but IF you are good AND lucky---Hakuna mutata.....:D

Prosper is plenty good---I just hope they don't add luck to it Friday....

Matthew328
09-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Prosper by 17.....

Z-RO
09-06-2009, 09:09 PM
Hate to go against you guys but I think Prosper wins by 20

ssgmp5150
09-07-2009, 07:34 AM
Prosper wins relatively easily! Prosper's defense is stifling! Their offense may be better than last year! Prosper could win it all again this year! They are very good!

ssgmp5150
09-07-2009, 07:35 AM
Prosper by 20 points!

Prosper23
09-07-2009, 04:17 PM

Go Bulls!

First off. Didn't Bridgeport end up losing to MW? I also believe they graduated roughly 30 seniors from last years team. Most of Prosper's "stingy D" is back and just as tough. After their last two cupcake games i think prosper will come out of the tunnel ready to play a good team and avenge their only loss last year.

Prosper 24-7

SOONER09
09-07-2009, 06:40 PM
Prosper by alot because our offense cannot move the ball. The defense will wear out from being on the field all the time.We are not close to being the same team we were last year.

solocam
09-07-2009, 06:49 PM
Prosper rolls

OldBison75
09-07-2009, 07:25 PM
I think Prosper will win this battle for revenge. But, I think it will be much closer than anyone wants to admit right now. The last team to score will win and it might come down to a game winning field goal or extra point. Prosper by 1.

Bullaholic
09-07-2009, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by SOONER09
Prosper by alot because our offense cannot move the ball. The defense will wear out from being on the field all the time.We are not close to being the same team we were last year.

I agree that this season's Bulls have not moved the ball as well as last year's offense, but they CAN move the ball---around 350 yds or so-- split 50-50 on run and pass-- against Mineral Wells was respectable and all made in the last 3 quarters. I think they will get the kinks worked out of the "O" and get into a better rhythm. I predict that this year's team will be one of those Bulls teams that may not be a ranked team prior to the playoffs, but they will come alive come playoff time.

BullsFan
09-07-2009, 11:14 PM
I predict that this year's team will be one of those Bulls teams that may not be a ranked team prior to the playoffs, but they will come alive come playoff time.

I hope you're right, Bullaholic. I haven't forgotten the year we started 0-5 in preseason, went 5-0 in district, and ended up in the state semifinal game. And we lost that game to Commerce, who went on to win the state championship the following week. It can certainly happen like that in Bridgeport--it has before. And last week proved, if nothing else, that our boys never give up no matter how difficult the road ahead may be.

Go BULLS!!

ssgmp5150
09-08-2009, 07:25 AM
Cupcake games???? I can assure you that Farmersville is no cupcake!!!!! The score of that game should have been 17-7 but the officials some how thought that Prosper needed help beating us so they gave them a bunch of calls and the guy running the clock in the press box felt it necesarry to let Prosper run a play or two without taking any time off the clock! Cupcake my rearend!!!! Farmersville will be there in DII this year! I have did nothing but give Prosper major props and respect as I think they are a VERY GOOD TEAM, but to say we were cupcakes.....You are smoking crack! If you were at the game, you know it was much much closer than that score indicated! I hope you guys beat Bridgeport and Celina this year and take it all the way again, but don't come on here saying Farmersville is a cupcake. We were definately not the better team, but we are no pushover! We will represent 13-AAA in the playoffs well this year I think!

Originally posted by Prosper23
First off. Didn't Bridgeport end up losing to MW? I also believe they graduated roughly 30 seniors from last years team. Most of Prosper's "stingy D" is back and just as tough. After their last two cupcake games i think prosper will come out of the tunnel ready to play a good team and avenge their only loss last year.

Prosper 24-7

ssgmp5150
09-08-2009, 08:00 AM
Correction my response was to this:

Prosper 24-7

Farmersfan
09-08-2009, 09:08 AM
This game is in Bridgeport isn't it? If Prosper can take those same refs with them it will be another victory for the Eagles. With or without the refs help the Eagles would have beaten my Farmers. They are that good. I think their defense is quite a bit better than last years defense. The offense is still growing but has a ways to go. I pick Prosper(and refs) by 10 points.

ssgmp5150
09-08-2009, 09:24 AM
Prosper didn't need any help in beating us last week, but they sure got all the help they wanted and then some! The officials stunk up the field Friday night and to the person running the clock in the press box.....You should never be allowed to run the clock again! You cheated our boys that night. C'mon 4/10'th's of a second ran off on one play???? 17.4 seconds to 17.0 seconds???? Not making excuses as Prosper was definately the better team, but not by as much as the score indicated!

slpybear the bullfan
09-08-2009, 10:37 AM
Ummm... not sure about any previous games with Farmersville, but think the Bulls will need a perfect game to beat Prosper.

The Bulls are young and need to focus on execution.

Heart says Bulls but head says Prosper by a couple of scores. Let's hope the heart is right!

GO BULLS!

Send_the_House
09-08-2009, 11:45 AM
Prosper is Scary good... Not like last year where they showed glimpses early, but weren't really playing well...

This year, they are very good, very confident, and will dominate any field they step on.

And I don't even like prosper...

Farmersfan
09-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Send_the_House
Prosper is Scary good... Not like last year where they showed glimpses early, but weren't really playing well...

This year, they are very good, very confident, and will dominate any field they step on.

And I don't even like prosper...

I also don't care much for Prosper. I respected the heck out of them until Friday night. But that's another story.
If their offense catches up with the defense then I think they will be even better than last years State Championship team. They very easily could win it all again this season. Of course suiting up 45 players to their opponents 23 will always help!!!!:eek: :eek:

ssgmp5150
09-08-2009, 01:07 PM
I agree that Prosper is scary good! Here is the even scarier part...I think they only get better! They have a lot of room for improvement and by the time they play Celina, look out!!!! Prosper gives Celina a pretty good beat down again this year I think and they stand an excellent chance of repeating as state champs! If they take the refs with them from last weeks game, then they go undefeated all season with their backups playing by halftime every week! Those refs were terrible!

grahampaw
09-08-2009, 01:30 PM
I would like to see the Bulls win but ....... Prosper by 10.

rangerjoe33
09-08-2009, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by ssgmp5150
Cupcake games???? I can assure you that Farmersville is no cupcake!!!!! The score of that game should have been 17-7 but the officials some how thought that Prosper needed help beating us so they gave them a bunch of calls and the guy running the clock in the press box felt it necesarry to let Prosper run a play or two without taking any time off the clock! Cupcake my rearend!!!! Farmersville will be there in DII this year! I have did nothing but give Prosper major props and respect as I think they are a VERY GOOD TEAM, but to say we were cupcakes.....You are smoking crack! If you were at the game, you know it was much much closer than that score indicated! I hope you guys beat Bridgeport and Celina this year and take it all the way again, but don't come on here saying Farmersville is a cupcake. We were definately not the better team, but we are no pushover! We will represent 13-AAA in the playoffs well this year I think!

Cupcakes?! Cupcakes?! You talkin about Cupcakes?! Cupcakes?!

bowleghorses
09-08-2009, 03:34 PM
When that offense gels, lookout the Eagles will be tough again. I mentioned this a few days ago that there would be some surprises.

SOONER09
09-08-2009, 08:13 PM
I hope we don't have those refs or the ones we had in Mineral Wells.

BullsFan
09-08-2009, 08:39 PM
I hope we don't have those refs or the ones we had in Mineral Wells.

No DOUBT. Doesn't it seem like we always get bad refs in Mineral Wells?

SintonFan
09-08-2009, 08:56 PM

Go Bulls!
I hope you guys can pull out a win. I'll be rooting for the Bulls come Friday night!
besides there really isn't any Prosper fans here are there... ;) :D

Bullaholic
09-08-2009, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
besides there really isn't any Prosper fans here are there... ;) :D

Nope...Deion has got his place up for sale...:D

orange machine
09-08-2009, 09:13 PM
Prosper hasnt even played anybody this year. Bridgeport is not as good as they were last year at this time, but Bridgeport will be the 1st true test for Prosper. When some of you people talk about them being better than last years team i say whatever. You Farmersville people our something.

blaster
09-08-2009, 09:27 PM
I think the first 3 qtrs at MW was a big wake up call for the Bulls. They need to play the whole game like they finished last week to beat Prosper. Like SLPY...my heart says Bulls by 3 but my head says Prosper by 7.

orange machine
09-08-2009, 09:47 PM
Prosper is good, but they are not what they were last year despite what the Farmers folks say.

garciap77
09-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Bridgeport by 10.

ssgmp5150
09-09-2009, 07:34 AM
I am quite confident that Prosper will take Celina again this year and I am willing to put a little friendly wager on it! Farmersville is much better this year and was actually a bit of a test for Prosper last week, but I do admit Prosper was definately the better team. So, to say or hint to the fact that Farmersville is not very good competition, go ahead and keep thinking that as Prosper takes your district crown again this year!

Originally posted by orange machine
Prosper is good, but they are not what they were last year despite what the Farmers folks say.

bowleghorses
09-09-2009, 08:39 AM
Anyone who went to the game...What was the best thing about Prosper's offense?:confused:

ssgmp5150
09-09-2009, 10:07 AM
#7 is like a little chicken! Have you ever tried to catch a chicken? He is about as shifty and fast as they come! His uniform is soaked in Crisco Oil before the game...lol He is one slippery sucker! Meanwhile, # 17 is a beast at wide out! They run the slant to near perfection and you simply can't stop it, just try and eliminate yards after the catch! Their offensive line is HUGE and FAST!!!! Their offense is definately still trying to catch up to their defense, but when they do, they will be unstoppable again I think! Their defense is simply stifling! Very quick and good size across the board! It will be hard to run against their defense. You will have better luck trying to throw the ball against them and if you can't do that, then you will be in trouble!

charlesrixey
09-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Celina won't be giving up 33 straight points again. Prosper's defense is outstanding and it will be a close, low scoring game.

ssgmp5150
09-09-2009, 12:37 PM
I am not so sure about that! By the time Prosper plays Celina, I think their offense will be hitting on all eight cylinders! Their defense will hold you to little or no points and their offense will score 20-30 plus points on you! Especially after watching TCA knock off Celina. If you think their quarterback was a stud ....wait until you run into # 7 from Prosper! He will run all over, all around, in between, from side to side, and up and down the field on you! If your tackling resembles anything like what it did against TCA....you guys will have a LONG NIGHT against Prosper!!!Celina is simply not that good this year and I do believe Farmersville gave them a better game than Celina will!

thelegend02
09-09-2009, 01:35 PM
wow

SOONER09
09-09-2009, 02:45 PM
From what the score indicated there is not alot of differance between Farmersville and Queen City. Queen City is a bad 2a school. Prosper scored a whole lot more last year.

Farmersfan
09-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by ssgmp5150
I am not so sure about that! By the time Prosper plays Celina, I think their offense will be hitting on all eight cylinders! Their defense will hold you to little or no points and their offense will score 20-30 plus points on you! Especially after watching TCA knock off Celina. If you think their quarterback was a stud ....wait until you run into # 7 from Prosper! He will run all over, all around, in between, from side to side, and up and down the field on you! If your tackling resembles anything like what it did against TCA....you guys will have a LONG NIGHT against Prosper!!!Celina is simply not that good this year and I do believe Farmersville gave them a better game than Celina will!

Prosper is good. But so is Celina. If the Prosper offense becomes as good as their defense is then I too think they will beat Celina. But not like last season. That was a fluke. Right now it would be a toss-up in my mind.

Farmersfan
09-09-2009, 03:04 PM
From what the score indicated there is not alot of differance between Farmersville and Queen City. Queen City is a bad 2a school. Prosper scored a whole lot more last year.

Prosper was up 35-0 on Queen City at half and pulled their starters.
Prosper was up on Farmersville 17-0 at the half and 10 of those points came from bogus ref calls. The Farmer team and all the fans felt that the Farmers were right in the game if it wasn't for some bad breaks from the refs. The back breaker was when Prosper ran the opening kickoff of the second half back for a TD. That really killed any hopes of getting any momentum for the Farmers. The Farmers held them to just 3 additional points for the rest of the game. And Prosper played their starters until about 3 minutes left in the game.

BossHog09
09-09-2009, 06:26 PM
Prosper WILL beat Celina again this year. Celina is completley falling off while Prosper is still rising. Last year celina had two athletes, Waldrep and Mcartney. This year they don't have a player who could start for prosper. It will be a blowout. Times are changing.

Prosper23
09-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Prosper was up on Farmersville 17-0 at the half and 10 of those points came from bogus ref calls. The Farmer team and all the fans felt that the Farmers were right in the game if it wasn't for some bad breaks from the refs. The back breaker was when Prosper ran the opening kickoff of the second half back for a TD. That really killed any hopes of getting any momentum for the Farmers. The Farmers held them to just 3 additional points for the rest of the game. And Prosper played their starters until about 3 minutes left in the game.

The score to the farmersville game ended up being 27-0. I was at the game and only noticed one bogus pass interference call that went against farmersville. The only other bad call might have been when the farmersville quaterback broke loose for his long run but was called back for holding or block in the back or something. Prosper had one of those too on the punt return. The score of the game was not because of the refs but because prosper was the better team hands down.

CHS_89
09-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by BossHog09
Prosper WILL beat Celina again this year. Celina is completley falling off while Prosper is still rising. Last year celina had two athletes, Waldrep and Mcartney. This year they don't have a player who could start for prosper. It will be a blowout. Times are changing.

Tell me there boss, since when did you determine Celina is falling off? I don't think 4 straight State Championship appearances is actually "falling off". Sounds like you fell off the crazy wagon.

CHS_89
09-09-2009, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan

Sounds like a good game until that kickoff was ran back.

Give me Prosper over Bridgeport by 10. I think Prosper is licking their chops to get after Bridgeport after last year's loss. Good luck both teams!

LE Dad
09-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I hope you guys can pull out a win. I'll be rooting for the Bulls come Friday night!
besides there really isn't any Prosper fans here are there... ;) :D and now there are 2!! Lol

bowleghorses
09-10-2009, 08:29 AM
Count me in as a PROSPER EAGLE fan. Pulled for Celina in the championship game too. They are both great teams with a lot of support from their communities and I am sure they will make them proud in the end. It is great to see such great support of their kids. We don't see that so much down here in Louisiana. It is a totally different level.

ssgmp5150
09-10-2009, 08:30 AM
If you were at the game then....did you notice the bogus first down the officials gave them near our goal line right before half? They were short by at least four inches! You could see daylight between the football and the first down marker! That kept their drive alive! Then did you notice the pass play where the kid caught the ball on the ground in bounds and then rolled out of bounds and the refs stopped the clock? Did you notice when the clock person ran 4/10th's of a second off the clock from 17.4 seconds to 17.0 seconds for one pass play? All that helped keep their drive alive and eventually put it in the endzone right before the half! Then take blown coverage on a kickoff and there is 14 points that should have been negated! Then take the bogus block in the back call that brought our touchdown back. I will give Prosper the kickoff return as they executed on that play and we didn't. So, the score should have been 20-7 final! We should have held Prosper to 10 points in the first half and we did hold Prosper to 10 points in the second half and their backups did not play until there were about 2-3 minutes left in the game! So, you are saying it was a blowout???? Not by a long shot buddy! Their defense was awesome and they shut us down offensively, but football is about momentum! The officials took any momentum we started to get away from us time and time again and you know it! Without a doubt Prosper was the better team, but not by what the score indicated! It was a much closer game than the score indicated and you know it! Up until they ran that kickoff back for a touchdown, they were squirming a bit on the Prosper sidelines! The officials were terrible in that game and you know it! I got carried away with the Celina folks on here out of anger for a lack of respect. Celina is a good team and would probably give Prosper a better game than we could, but I still say that Prosper wins! All I am asking for is a little respect as I feel our team is going to be pretty good and much improved from last season. I just can't stand all the Celina posters coming on here with nothing but excuses, such as Prosper hasn't really played anyone yet, etc....The Farmers were a good team that they beat and based on that I will say that Prosper will hand Celina another defeat this year! I am not knocking Prosper at all. I am simply trying to put the game/score into perspective for the Celina posters that are throwing out statements such as Prosper hasn't played anyone tough yet, cupcakes, etc....Good luck to Prosper the rest of the way as I think they have a good team. Celina will have a few bumps and bruises this year and will no doubt make a good run, but I don't think they get past Prosper again this year!

The score to the farmersville game ended up being 27-0. I was at the game and only noticed one bogus pass interference call that went against farmersville. The only other bad call might have been when the farmersville quaterback broke loose for his long run but was called back for holding or block in the back or something. Prosper had one of those too on the punt return. The score of the game was not because of the refs but because prosper was the better team hands down.

MamaBull
09-10-2009, 08:45 AM
dude, chill! i think the officials would know a little more than someone in the stands. don't criticize the refs just because it didn't go your way!!!

Farmersfan
09-10-2009, 10:08 AM

There is a certain amount of frusteration attached to NOT getting the benefit of any calls and I try to take that into account. I don't feel the Farmers could have beaten Prosper even IF they had gotten their fair share of the calls. It serves no purpose to harp on bad calls and there were MANY in this game. I was pleased with the effort of our boys against what I consider to be a state contending quality team like Prosper. That effort looks even more impressive if the bogus calls didn't effect the margin of victory like it did. But still a loss. And still a good victory for the Eagles. Good luck the rest of the way.

Farmersfan
09-10-2009, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by MamaBull
dude, chill! i think the officials would know a little more than someone in the stands. don't criticize the refs just because it didn't go your way!!!

Did you hit your head when you fell off the turnip truck last night??????
We aren't criticizing because it didn't go our way! We are criticizing because:

THEY WERE WRONG!!!!!!!THEY WERE WRONG!!!!!!!

BleedOrange
09-10-2009, 10:38 AM

Interesting perspective there BossHog. Maybe you can provide some commentary for us after the game on Celina's demise. Celina lost a game last week to a very good team. They will be fine. Celina not having any players that could start for Prosper appears to be problematic. :rolleyes:

jockcity33
09-10-2009, 10:39 AM
I thought this thread was about Bridgeport and Prosper, so why are the Celina people trying to be like Brownwood people and hijack someone else's post.

BleedOrange
09-10-2009, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by jockcity33
I thought this thread was about Bridgeport and Prosper, so why are the Celina people trying to be like Brownwood people and hijack someone else's post.

Just responding to a post on this thread by the Gunter folk. I'll go with Prosper by 4 in this one. Does that make you feel better???

Prosper23
09-10-2009, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by jockcity33

I was just about to say the same thing jock. The thread went from Prosper vs. Bridgeport to how good farmersville is and Prosper vs. Celina. Lets get back on track. If you have something else to say about another topic then please keep it to yourself.

ssgmp5150
09-10-2009, 12:00 PM
My bad.....dind't mean to hijack the thread other than to say I think Prosper will win!

BossHog09
09-10-2009, 07:19 PM
Celina posters take any oppurtunity they can to make exscuses for their increasing failures. Yes they are falling off, no more athletes. Every move in wants to attend Prosper so they can be on a team that is on the rise. Celina people complain about how much bigger Prosper is than them, but what they don't say is how celina still has alot more players come out for two-a-days. Prosper has some of the best academics in the state and 9 out of 10 move-ins come for that reason, not football.

BleedOrange
09-10-2009, 07:31 PM
Celina posters take any oppurtunity they can to make exscuses for their increasing failures. Yes they are falling off, no more athletes. Every move in wants to attend Prosper so they can be on a team that is on the rise. Celina people complain about how much bigger Prosper is than them, but what they don't say is how celina still has alot more players come out for two-a-days. Prosper has some of the best academics in the state and 9 out of 10 move-ins come for that reason, not football.

Clueless!!

BullsFan
09-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Wrong calls burn no matter who gets penalized. And they happen in every game. Believe me I could go on and on about some of the bad calls we've seen, but it doesn't do any good. So be careful, Farmers fans, or you're going to end up like some who shall remain nameless (and hopefully postless) but are STILL going on about bad calls last season. You can drive yourself nutso doing that.

And just for the record, this Bulls fan still thinks Celina has a lot going for it. If nothing else, they have one of the winningest programs in the history of this state. When you have that kind of history and confidence you don't have to go around trashtalking all the other schools, which I respect a lot.

(Then again, I HATE trashtalking and avoid it at all costs. I know that a lot of people like it, though. Different strokes and all that.)

Now...can we please get back to talking about Bridgeport and Prosper? Mainly how Bridgeport is going to bounce back this week and pull out a surprise win. GO BULLS!!