PDA

View Full Version : Everman

CKB vc
11-27-2001, 11:53 PM
What are yalls thoughts on Everman?

JBS013300
11-28-2001, 09:42 AM
Very good football team. Strong, quick athletes. They beat a VERY GOOD Forney team. The Bulldogs are definitely in the drivers seat for 3A-D1.

rholl
11-28-2001, 10:56 AM
fast fast fast!!! Defense swarms to the ball and hits when they get there!! Offense is very diverse. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see 6 or 7 guys carry the football. and when you least expect it.... pass play 50 yds TD!

Old Cardinal
11-28-2001, 02:28 PM
To: JBS013300: Just because Everman beat your team, Forney, does not give your team second place in the State. I think Everman is loaded; however, early on I predicted the Vernon vs Everman winner to represent Regions I & II in the final game. Vernon is also loaded, it could go either way.....I also picked Bridge City to play Sinton or Zapata for the Region III & Region IV title. Bellville, Bridge City or Sinton will not lay-down-and-die against your semi-final representative! I am sorry Everman has bruised your ego.

Super Joe
11-28-2001, 07:03 PM
Old Cardinal, I dont believe he said that Froney was got second place in state. I would say they are the second best team. I expected Everman to win D1 before the playoffs started. Just because you're from Vernon, doesn't mean you need to get all snippy at a compliment to a great team. Vernon will not beat Everman. I owuldnt put them in the same leauge with Everman. Forney was the only team that had a chance. Abd we saw what happened there, so we'll see what happens now!

joe gooch
11-28-2001, 09:00 PM
Go ahead Super Joe, keep Everman on your pedistal. Then when Bridge City gets through with them you'll be saying "how did they do that"

footballexpert543
11-28-2001, 09:26 PM
i'm not from any of these towns like you all are and just try to make you own team seem bad ass, which they all are in their own right. but from someone who is not biased on the issue, i have seen every one of these teams play and the truth of the matter is that forney was great, and to be the best you have to beat the best, and everman did that. Everman will defeat Vernon and will end up playing the winner of the Bellville-Sinton game for the 3A-d1 title. comments?

footballexpert543
11-28-2001, 09:32 PM
sorry i forgot bridge city. if forney was not the best team in the state, bridge city will be the team to prove it. if bridge city beats everman, Sinton better look out.

Super Joe
11-28-2001, 09:39 PM
I'm not from Everman, but I did watch them beat Forney. If they play like they did against Forney, they won't be beaten. The fact isn't that I'm just a biased person from Everman. My team lost in the playoffs, so now I will root for who I think will win it. Which is Everman. Sorry Vernon, sorry Bridge City, Eveman will beat both of you if they play you. They are simply the best.

Super Joe
11-28-2001, 09:39 PM
I'm not from Everman, but I did watch them beat Forney. If they play like they did against Forney, they won't be beaten. The fact isn't that I'm just a biased person from Everman. My team lost in the playoffs, so now I will root for who I think will win it. Which is Everman. Sorry Vernon, sorry Bridge City, Everman will beat both of you if they play you. They are simply the best.

Matthew328
11-29-2001, 02:56 AM
OK about Everman...they are a very good team...think about this...they beat Waxahachie prolly a top 10 4A team...they beat a 10-2 Wilmer-Hutchins team 35-14 and if you haven't checked Hutch blew out their first 2 playoff opponents..they blew out Gainesville which was 8-2 and the 9-3A champ 48-12 and then they beat nearly everyone's number one Forney in a great game...the teams that are still left are all very good also..trust me the Dawgs are only thinkin about PG..now about them as a team...FAST all across the board, lots of weapons, good size and great depth...anyone needin info on Everman check either www.star-telegram.com (http://www.star-telegram.com) or www.everman.homestead.com (http://www.everman.homestead.com)

JBS013300
11-29-2001, 10:07 AM
I never said that Forney got 2nd in the state, that honor will go to whoever Everman beats in the finals. I do wish Forney was the team going, but they're not, so I might as well hope they lost to the State Champions...Which they did.

Jacket2000
11-29-2001, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by footballexpert543:
sorry i forgot bridge city. if forney was not the best team in the state, bridge city will be the team to prove it. if bridge city beats everman, Sinton better look out.

Bridge City will play Sinton before they play Everman, if they stay that long.

MCAT
11-29-2001, 04:58 PM
i agree, they will play SINTON before everman.

tommymac22
11-29-2001, 05:42 PM
Congrats EVERMAN!! The 2001 state champions...not so fast. I'm very impressed with what they have done so far, but at this point in the playoffs, who gives a **** about what you have done so far. What makes you think that pg, vernon, belleville, sinton (or whoever else they may play)cares if they beat forney or not. No one is saying they aren't good but this is high school football and anything can happen on any given night. In my opinion Vernon will give them a tough time...vernon lost the first game of the year 21-14 to altus, Oklahoma (and they are playing in the 5A state championship game this weekend) they also lost in overtime to graham in a game that could have gone either way. They then rebounded to spank Wylie and also took care of Aledo...but you know what, you probably don't give a ****, just like no one cares or is scared of everman b/c they beat forney, so leave it on the field and we will see how the chips will fall.

bros543
11-29-2001, 06:51 PM
darned skippy tommy

Hitters
11-29-2001, 08:45 PM
I have had the pleasure of watching both Vernon and Everman play this year, and without a doubt Vernon is not even in the same atmosphere as Everman. Everman will win it all!

CHS_DT38
11-29-2001, 10:15 PM
Everman will take State they have shown that they truly have te best defense and alot of verstility in the backfield.

Old Cardinal
11-29-2001, 10:26 PM
You know, last year all we heard from you folks was Forney,Wylie,Everman over and over....and of course Gatesville won the Championship for Div. I region III and the same thing happened in Div. II region IV LaGrange won it all and if Newton had not fumbled they would beat LaGrange and been the State Champs in Div. II, in their place. Look at a little history and you will see that Bellville, Bridge City or Sinton will take it all-which ever ends up winning the semi-final game. That's just what typically happens in Texas Playoffs!

vfunk
11-30-2001, 10:49 PM
old cardinal...foolish you are...thats like saying if forney had scored another TD they would have won...NO CRAP!!! thats what made La Grange better than Newton...they didnt fumble!!!!