PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood vs. Stephenville - The Battle of 377 2009

Rocket
09-06-2009, 02:12 PM
Who wins it?

Score Predicition?

Brownwood 35
Stephenville 28

I am giving them 28 only because it is a Rivalry game and we are playing there.

Looking4number8
09-06-2009, 03:17 PM
Poll prediction

Stephenville 100
Brownwood 15 (that's about how many posters i think we have)

Game prediction

Brownwood 25
Stephenvile 21

Gsquared
09-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Dude, Stephenville is playing two different levels. Guyer last week and Brownwood this week. I think Stephenville will beat Brownwood. Im not hatin on you Bwood folks cuz I picked you guys to beat LaVega, plus I have a buddy on the Brownwood staff. Stephenville by 9

Gsquared
09-06-2009, 03:29 PM
Look at it this way, the Jackets played freakin GUYER last week. Guyer makes Brownwood look like Disney on Ice.

Kid Ice
09-06-2009, 03:36 PM
This will be the best team Brownwood has faced so far this year. One thing I will say Brownwood has going for them is 2 wins against quality opponents. Confidence level is a big deal for young teams. Should be a great rivalry game. This is the most excited I have been about this game in a long time. Can't wait to see what happens on Friday. Me & Rocket are driving 5+ hours to watch it live so it better be a good one!!

Gsquared
09-06-2009, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Kid Ice
This will be the best team Brownwood has faced so far this year. One thing I will say Brownwood has going for them is 2 wins against quality opponents. Confidence level is a big deal for young teams. Should be a great rivalry game. This is the most excited I have been about this game in a long time. Can't wait to see what happens on Friday. Me & Rocket are driving 5+ hours to watch it live so it better be a good one!!
Dont get me wrong, I am hoping Brownwood wins this game because I love me some Brownwood Lions. Nothing more I enjoy seeing than a Brownwood game at Gordon Wood. I just think Stephenville is a bit better and will win it between 7-9 points. Hope im wrong.

Kid Ice
09-06-2009, 04:03 PM
I hear ya. That is what I like most about these games. I'm hoping for a good close game with Brownwood coming out on top especially after the tough loss at home last year. I think this one is too close to call but I still have to go with Brownwood by 7.

LE Dad
09-06-2009, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Look at it this way, the Jackets played freakin GUYER last week. Guyer makes Brownwood look like Disney on Ice. :clap: :clap: :fnypost:

Rocket
09-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Look at it this way, the Jackets played freakin GUYER last week. Guyer makes Brownwood look like Disney on Ice.

Guyer will make most of 4A look like Disney on Ice. The Ville played the same schedule last season without a Soph QB. And when they played us, our defense crushed them and we took a 21-0 lead in the 1st Quarter. Yes, our powerful defense from last season. Oh and Guyer BARELY beat Sville last season.

You people need to understand something about Brownwood. This is not just a team full of good athletes. It is a team with a system designed to just flat out run defenses down. La Vega's Defense was done in the 2nd Quarter. Case closed. Not to mention that we have a SMASH YOUR MOUTH DEFENSE this season.

Right now, Sville is still looking for their jock and are probably dinged up. We don't have to be Guyer to jack the ville up.

I will never say that we will blow a team like Stephenville out. We have too much respect for them. But, I was nervous last year going up against them and we somehow gave them fits. I can't for the life of me say the ville is better right now this year than they were last year. I can say we are alot better all around right now compared to last year. So I like our chances of a strong, convincing win.

Rocket
09-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
:clap: :clap: :fnypost:

How big of a goober are you?

http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/Davis1950/Kerry/th_Goober_Pyle.jpg

OldBison75
09-06-2009, 04:26 PM
Brownwood should go into this game with a great confidence level and that will be a really big boost for them. Stephenville may be having a down year for them, but that is usually equal to pretty good for most teams. This is a rivalry, so anything is possible. I think that the WOOD keeps getting better and the game will be very close. Brownwood by 4.

Kid Ice
09-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Goober is a great nickname for him. Has a much better ring than LE Dad. Makes a lot more sense too!

Gsquared
09-06-2009, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Guyer will make most of 4A look like Disney on Ice. The Ville played the same schedule last season without a Soph QB. And when they played us, our defense crushed them and we took a 21-0 lead in the 1st Quarter. Yes, our powerful defense from last season. Oh and Guyer BARELY beat Sville last season.

You people need to understand something about Brownwood. This is not just a team full of good athletes. It is a team with a system designed to just flat out run defenses down. La Vega's Defense was done in the 2nd Quarter. Case closed. Not to mention that we have a SMASH YOUR MOUTH DEFENSE this season.

Right now, Sville is still looking for their jock and are probably dinged up. We don't have to be Guyer to jack the ville up.

I will never say that we will blow a team like Stephenville out. We have too much respect for them. But, I was nervous last year going up against them and we somehow gave them fits. I can't for the life of me say the ville is better right now this year than they were last year. I can say we are alot better all around right now compared to last year. So I like our chances of a strong, convincing win.
I know, you say "what you people dont understang", that trips me up, I probably dont know near as much about HS football as you so I will bow to your greatness. Just my take here but Stephenville is better than the record indicates. Tell you what, come back on here after the game next Friday night and tell me what a dumbass I am for saying STEPHENVILLE BEATS BROWNWOOD!

Gsquared
09-06-2009, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Brownwood should go into this game with a great confidence level and that will be a really big boost for them. Stephenville may be having a down year for them, but that is usually equal to pretty good for most teams. This is a rivalry, so anything is possible. I think that the WOOD keeps getting better and the game will be very close. Brownwood by 4.
Stephenville was up on Aledo for much of the game, then they played Guyer. They are WAY better than thier 0-2 records indicates. Stephenville will beat Brownwood. I hate to say that but they will.

Kid Ice
09-06-2009, 04:41 PM
Oh man, now let us bow down to your greatness. I hope you come on here and eat crow when Brownwood wins.

Rocket
09-06-2009, 04:43 PM
I know, you say "what you people dont understang", that trips me up, I probably dont know near as much about HS football as you so I will bow to your greatness. Just my take here but Stephenville is better than the record indicates. Tell you what, come back on here after the game next Friday night and tell me what a dumbass I am for saying STEPHENVILLE BEATS BROWNWOOD!

Dude, I know you know Texas High School Football. I am telling you to consider some facts you may not be thinking of. Stephenville scares me every year. I just have faith in our system. It is not a crazy prediction to pick Sville. LOL They should win over a 3A every year. I don't care who they are playing.

Do you think that Stephenville is better this year than they were last year?

Do you think Brownwood is better this year than last year?

I must be a genius too... I picked Brownwood to beat La Vega. LOL

BEAST
09-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Stephenville may well beat Brownwood this week. They are the kind of team that never lays down. I think that Brownwood will have to play very good to win. With that said, I think we will. The amount of progres we made in 1 week from Burnet to LaVega is stagering. Either that or Burnet is a lot better than you folks think.

BEAST

Gsquared
09-06-2009, 04:57 PM
Dude, I know you know Texas High School Football. I am telling you to consider some facts you may not be thinking of. Stephenville scares me every year. I just have faith in our system. It is not a crazy prediction to pick Sville. LOL They should win over a 3A every year. I don't care who they are playing.

Do you think that Stephenville is better this year than they were last year?

Do you think Brownwood is better this year than last year?

I must be a genius too... I picked Brownwood to beat La Vega. LOL
Yes, I think Stephenville is quite a bit better than they were last year, I think Brownwood is quite a bit better than last year. Now, talk to me next year when Shipley and the young Vacarro corner back have one more year along with quite a few more Brownwood starters returning. Otherwise, for this year, Stephenville beats Brownwood. Coach Ken, my buddy that coaches at Brownwood, disagrees with me but im just sayin

Trashman
09-06-2009, 05:01 PM
Brownwood 27
Stephenville 24

Rocket
09-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Yes, I think Stephenville is quite a bit better than they were last year, I think Brownwood is quite a bit better than last year. Now, talk to me next year when Shipley and the young Vacarro corner back have one more year along with quite a few more Brownwood starters returning. Otherwise, for this year, Stephenville beats Brownwood. Coach Ken, my buddy that coaches at Brownwood, disagrees with me but im just sayin

Disagreements are what makes talking about football on the 3A Downlow fun... right? LOL

I almost went to a game with you and JR last year. I wish I had.

Rocket
09-06-2009, 05:47 PM

Kid Ice and I have a dad who is also on the staff at Brownwood and watched Stephenville play Guyer. So we aren't actually dumbbutts either. We have a little intelligence of our own as far as talking to somebody that has seen both teams play and a good perspective. :)

Stephenville is young. Very young. They have about as many players on the sidelines as we do. In fact, I think we have more. They are big on the O-Line and have 2 big bruiser RB's. They still throw most of the time. Their defense is vanilla and nothing worth bragging about. They will be exploited. They are also coming off 2 losses. 2 losses like that for a young team can hurt confidence big time. Our confidence will push us Friday night. Stephenville could win, but Brownwood is definitely the favorite in this one.

LE Dad
09-06-2009, 07:42 PM
I am Rocket and LE Dad owns me!

http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/Davis1950/Kerry/th_Goober_Pyle.jpg :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:1popcorn:

BEAST
09-06-2009, 07:59 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:1popcorn:

Not even with a reply.

BEAST

LE Dad
09-06-2009, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Not even with a reply.

BEAST :rolleyes: Said it all with the quote:clap: :clap:

BEAST
09-06-2009, 08:31 PM
Real clever dip$hit. Why not post something of substance instead of being a coat tailer. You don't even register with the good posters. Off with thou fingers.

BEAST

LE Dad
09-06-2009, 08:49 PM
Real clever dip$hit. Why not post something of substance instead of being a coat tailer. You don't even register with the good posters. Off with thou fingers.

BEAST :rolleyes: Took all my posters down many, many years ago. Hmm bout the last time Brownwood was relevant. Some how though I have a sneaking suspicion that there is a room in your (moms) house that still has a hairband poster or 2 hanging there. As for my posts I hold to the theme of saying more with less as opposed to the Brownwood theme of saying less with more.:clap: :clap:

LE Dad
09-06-2009, 08:51 PM

BEAST :doh: NEXT :thinking:

garciap77
09-06-2009, 08:52 PM
:rolleyes: Took all my posters down many, many years ago. Hmm bout the last time Brownwood was relevant. Some how though I have a sneaking suspicion that there is a room in your (moms) house that still has a hairband poster or 2 hanging there. As for my posts I hold to the theme of saying more with less as opposed to the Brownwood theme of saying less with more.:clap: :clap:

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing024.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing024.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing024.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

garciap77
09-06-2009, 09:08 PM
I almost forgot to pick the winner! BW by 21! Go Lions.:)

LE Dad
09-06-2009, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
I almost forgot to pick the winner! BW by 21! Go Lions.:) LOL:D

LE Dad
09-06-2009, 09:33 PM
Goober is a great nickname for him. Has a much better ring than LE Dad. Makes a lot more sense too! :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

:doh: All hype, no type.

solocam
09-06-2009, 10:09 PM
Lions by 10

BwdLion73
09-07-2009, 10:14 AM
I see by the poll that Brownwood has at least 12 members! :cool:

Looks like after last weeks kicking we come back and win it with a fieldgoal.

:)

BwdLions
09-08-2009, 08:32 AM
This game truly is a big-time rivalry, which means either team could win regardless of classification or record. With that being said, I think the Lions are a confident team right now and IMO, the Jackets are probably not after getting beaten soundly by Guyer last week. I'm predicting a 24-17 Lions win.

jason
09-08-2009, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
This game truly is a big-time rivalry, which means either team could win regardless of classification or record. With that being said, I think the Lions are a confident team right now and IMO, the Jackets are probably not after getting beaten soundly by Guyer last week. I'm predicting a 24-17 Lions win.

the rivalry isn't as big as it used to be, especially since the two are not even in the same district or even the same classification...heck, they went either 4 or 6 years and didn't even play...

far fewer people outside of stephenville or brownwood care about this game like they used to when both schools were powerhouses....

wouldn't surprise me to see a brownwood win - stephenville starts 6 sophomores on defense, they aren't very good, but the home field advantage for stephenville could help......

i will be at this game though - will be on the stephenville side...

Matthew328
09-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Stephenville is very young but talented, they ran into a major buzzsaw last week...this is the home opener and I think this might be the first game Brownwood really misses Shipley....Stephenville by 7

hollywood
09-08-2009, 11:32 AM
Okay, from what I gather on here, some think Stephenville is better than last year. They aren't. Are they better than their record indicates, yes. But that's all relative. Both have payed solid teams for thier first two outings. Just because this is "The Battle of 377" doesn't qualify this game to being a close one this year. Yes anything could happen, but Brownwood has a much improved overall team this year and will only get better every week... very young as well. I see this game being close through the 1st qtr and that's all. Brownwood's defense will exploit the O-line of the Jackets and put more pressure on their Soph QB. He's seen this all year and it's not going to get any better this week. As for Stephenville's defense, it will be on it's heals for the majority of the game. This will be Stephenville's home opener, but I see this being at least +14 for the Lions.

Bwd- 35
Stvl- 10

Looking4number8
09-08-2009, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by jason
the rivalry isn't as big as it used to be, especially since the two are not even in the same district or even the same classification...heck, they went either 4 or 6 years and didn't even play...

jason, usually your post are pretty dead on, this one however is not.

Brownwood and Sville are still very big rivalry's. We love to beat them and they love to beat us, not just in football but in any sport. Anytime we play them on any field or court, you are in for a good time. Last year a couple of dumba$$ parents even got into a fist fight at the girls soccer game... now that was stupid (By the way, they are in our district in Soccer)

Also we only went 2 years with out playing in football and the reson was Stephenville got put in a district that had 8 teams so they had to drop us because of the time we were scheduled to play them. We got right back on there schedule as soon as possible... Lots of fans from other places still make it to these games...

hollywood
09-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Yep, got 'em coming out of the wood works as we speak...

Charlie47
09-09-2009, 01:23 PM
Brownwood by 3 ! :clap:

Sville
09-09-2009, 01:42 PM
LMAO- Bwood BARELY beats a couple of average 3A teams and they are world beaters now. Some mighty bold talk from a program that hasn't been to the playoffs in 2 years. He!! Bwood hasn't even finished with a winning record but ONCE in the last FIVE years. They aren't even close to us talent wise. This will be an @$$ kickin.

Sville by 21

DDBooger
09-09-2009, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Sville
LMAO- Bwood BARELY beats a couple of average 3A teams and they are world beaters now. Some mighty bold talk from a program that hasn't been to the playoffs in 2 years. He!! Bwood hasn't even finished with a winning record but ONCE in the last FIVE years. They aren't even close to us talent wise. This will be an @$$ kickin.

Sville by 21 :1popcorn: uh oh

turbostud
09-09-2009, 01:55 PM

Sville by 21

:eek: :eek: :eek:

BwdLions
09-09-2009, 01:55 PM

Sville by 21

I don't look for the jackets to score 21 total points, much less win by 21. What's gonna happen is, the Lions will beat the jackets soundly. Then we'll here for years to come how the jackets were down in 2009 and weren't supposed to win anyway.

Sville
09-09-2009, 01:57 PM
And another thing. Bwood had a damn good offense last year. But that all world offense got there @$$ SHUT down after they put up 21 first qtr. points. They mustered 7 points the rest of the game. We had 7 sacks that game. I know your offense isn't better than last year. We have 5 back from that defense. It would be 6 but our OLB tore his ACL against Aledo. Bwood will be LUCKY to score 14 pts.

I hope your defense is better b/c they had no place to go but up. Even though our offense is not as good as last year right now, it is still light years ahead of what yall have seen so far against Burnet and La Vega.

The one place I think Bwood is better than last year is on the sidelines.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it!
Chumpalicious!

LE Dad
09-09-2009, 02:09 PM
And another thing. Bwood had a damn good offense last year. But that all world offense got there @$$ SHUT down after they put up 21 first qtr. points. They mustered 7 points the rest of the game. We had 7 sacks that game. I know your offense isn't better than last year. We have 5 back from that defense. It would be 6 but our OLB tore his ACL against Aledo. Bwood will be LUCKY to score 14 pts.

I hope your defense is better b/c they had no place to go but up. Even though our offense is not as good as last year right now, it is still light years ahead of what yall have seen so far against Burnet and La Vega.

Chumpalicious! :clap: :clap: I think Sville is here and I think he has a Phd in Smack!:rolleyes: :cool:

Rocket
09-09-2009, 03:06 PM

Chumpalicious!

A few things...

1. Brownwood will have 14 by half, maybe the end of the 1st Quarter.

2. Your team is young. Just like ours. You will move the ball, but you won't stop nobody. i will take our kids over yours any day.

3. You are 0-2. I don't care who you play. You should have at least made it a game against Guyer. Didn't they barely beat your AWESOME team last year? And then this year they totally dominated you? Looks like you got worse.

4. Your defensive line will be doubled over trying to catch their breath by halftime. It will be close at half, then we will stick it to you.

5. Quit crying about injuries. We don't have Shipley playing. LUCKY for your Lil' Jackets.

6. Our "defense" from last year came out and laid the wood into ya. Made it easy on our offense to score pretty quick. If that happens again this year, its done. You will get destroyed.

7. You know about Merkett. LOL He is going to toy with your defense the whole game.

8. We don't run the same offense. We don't run the same defense. We don't run the same ANYTHING. Why are you bringing up last year? You still got the same coaches, same system, and same wanna-be Briles program. OH BRILES... Where art thou?

9. Don't be fooled people. Brownwood jumped out on them last year and it took them the whole game including the last minute to win it. They did nothing but throw HAIL MARY'S the whole 4th Quarter. LUCKY WIN.

10. Stephenville is just not that good anymore. We will solidify that Friday night and prove it to the State.

Rocket
09-09-2009, 03:11 PM
:clap: :clap: I think Sville is here and I think he has a Phd in Smack!:rolleyes: :cool:

You are hardly the right one to judge good smack talk. Half of your posts don't even make sense or form complete sentences. Mostly smilies. Awe, they are cute lil posts though.

LE Dad
09-09-2009, 03:25 PM
A few things...

1. Brownwood will have 14 by half, maybe the end of the 1st Quarter.

2. Your team is young. Just like ours. You will move the ball, but you won't stop nobody. i will take our kids over yours any day.

3. You are 0-2. I don't care who you play. You should have at least made it a game against Guyer. Didn't they barely beat your AWESOME team last year? And then this year they totally dominated you? Looks like you got worse.

4. Your defensive line will be doubled over trying to catch their breath by halftime. It will be close at half, then we will stick it to you.

5. Quit crying about injuries. We don't have Shipley playing. LUCKY for your Lil' Jackets.

6. Our "defense" from last year came out and laid the wood into ya. Made it easy on our offense to score pretty quick. If that happens again this year, its done. You will get destroyed.

7. You know about Merkett. LOL He is going to toy with your defense the whole game.

8. We don't run the same offense. We don't run the same defense. We don't run the same ANYTHING. Why are you bringing up last year? You still got the same coaches, same system, and same wanna-be Briles program. OH BRILES... Where art thou?

9. Don't be fooled people. Brownwood jumped out on them last year and it took them the whole game including the last minute to win it. They did nothing but throw HAIL MARY'S the whole 4th Quarter. LUCKY WIN.

10. Stephenville is just not that good anymore. We will solidify that Friday night and prove it to the State. Uh oh Bwd bringing it. Gonna watch these 2 Garcias go at it. Lol

:nerd: :clap: :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

Sville
09-09-2009, 03:32 PM
The Lions are goin get biznitch slapped this Friday. You might as well save your gas money and stay in freakin New Mexico. BTW did you even go to the Ville-Wood game last year?

I wish I could buy the lions for what they are worth and sell them for what their fans think they are. I would be able to buy the Rangers then. Brownwood is the epitome of an average program. One winning season in 5 years but woa hold the press' here comes no. 8. LMAO! Bring it don't sing it Nancy!

As my boy '92 said on your site.

We are bigger, faster, STRONGER, and just plain better. Deal with it precious!

See you Brown-eye County girls later.

BwdLion73
09-09-2009, 03:32 PM
I'll be glad when Friday gets here, you young'ns are giving me a headache! :vrycnfsd:

LE Dad
09-09-2009, 03:34 PM
You are hardly the right one to judge good smack talk. Half of your posts don't even make sense or form complete sentences. Mostly smilies. Awe, they are cute lil posts though. I try and make simple posts so everyone regardless of their intellectual capacity, can enjoy. :D

In other words simple posts for simple people.
:rolleyes: Not that I would ever single any one person out... :D

hollywood
09-09-2009, 03:42 PM

Chumpalicious!
Funny thing is... after Friday night, you'll never hear from Sville again. Why would he come back here after getting man handled by some mediocre 3A team??? Go burn some wood or something Sville. Isn't that what y'all do on Wednesday's before the "big" game?

Bwd 35
Stvl 10 (maybe if we play our 2nd team)

Sville
09-09-2009, 03:43 PM
I try and make simple posts so everyone regardless of their intellectual capacity, can enjoy. :D

:rolleyes: Not that I would ever single any one person out... :D

Yeah getting in a battle of wits with rocket is assault on an unarmed man. We might get arrested.

Rocket
09-09-2009, 03:46 PM
The Lions are goin get biznitch slapped this Friday. You might as well save your gas money and stay in freakin New Mexico. BTW did you even go to the Ville-Wood game last year?

I wish I could buy the lions for what they are worth and sell them for what their fans think they are. I would be able to buy the Rangers then. Brownwood is the epitome of an average program. One winning season in 5 years but woa hold the press' here comes no. 8. LMAO! Bring it don't sing it Nancy!

As my boy '92 said on your site.

We are bigger, faster, STRONGER, and just plain better. Deal with it precious!

See you Brown-eye County girls later.

I wouldn't miss this Jacket butt whoopin' for anything. Funny how you keep bringing up the past like it has something to do with Friday night. Go to sleep at night making yourself feel better by repeating this nonsense. It's a new era now. Brownwood is ready to prove it. Just make sure you come back for a CROW eating session after the game. I have been serving it up for 2 weeks now and I don't plan on stopping this week. In fact, I am making up enough to feed about 100.

I heard shs92 was crying behind the stands last year at halftime. That sorry Brownwood team was sticking it to ya. LOL This years team is better all across the board. Your team is worse. The Vile has already proven that by letting Guyer dismantle them. I am glad too... We got some Brownwood blood on staff over there at Guyer.

You like the past? 1998 you guys went 15-1. We beat the best team y'all ever put out on the field. This year you probably have the worst. Not scared at all.

Sville
09-09-2009, 03:54 PM
I wouldn't miss this Jacket butt whoopin' for anything. Funny how you keep bringing up the past like it has something to do with Friday night. Go to sleep at night making yourself feel better by repeating this nonsense. It's a new era now. Brownwood is ready to prove it. Just make sure you come back for a CROW eating session after the game. I have been serving it up for 2 weeks now and I don't plan on stopping this week. In fact, I am making up enough to feed about 100.

I heard shs92 was crying behind the stands last year at halftime. That sorry Brownwood team was sticking it to ya. LOL This years team is better all across the board. Your team is worse. The Vile has already proven that by letting Guyer dismantle them. I am glad too... We got some Brownwood blood on staff over there at Guyer.

You like the past? 1998 you guys went 15-1. We beat the best team y'all ever put out on the field. This year you probably have the worst. Not scared at all.

The past? He!! you wrote the book and bringing up the past.

Hello pot I am kettle!

Since both teams have several young men that played in this game last year. It is relevant, Einstein. Yet another mensa level comment by rocket man.

Your offense ain't even close to being as good as the one you had last year. And like I said earlier, your defense had no where to go but up. So it went from atrocious to just bad. Whoop-te-do!

This is like challenging a one legged man to an @ss kicking contest.

Kid Ice
09-09-2009, 03:54 PM
We are bigger, faster, STRONGER, and just plain better. Deal with it precious! [/B]

Based on what? A butt-kicking from Guyer? Ya'll are licking your chops because you think it is same ol' Brownwood from the last couple of years coming to town for your home opener. I will give you props for actually playing a great team in pre-district but at least make it a game. The Stephenville that used to warrant the kind of respect you are talking about NEVER got beat like that. NEVER. And you expect us to be afraid of your average defense and sophomore quarterback? Ya'll sound like your program is at it's peak or something. Ya'll are rebuilding and taking your lumps right now. We are rebuilding and winning. That's the difference.

Rocket
09-09-2009, 03:56 PM
The past? He!! you wrote the book and bringing up the past.

Hello pot I am kettle!

Since both teams have several young men that played in this game last year. It is relevant, Einstein. Yet another mensa level comment by rocket man.

Your offense ain't even close to being as good as the one you had last year. And like I said earlier, your defense had no where to go but up. So it went from atrocious to just bad. Whoop-te-do!

This is like challenging a one legged man to an @ss kicking contest.

Self-glorification? You make a comment and then pat yourself on the back? LOL

You have no idea. Like I said, just make sure you come around Friday night. Talk all the smack you want, just come eat the bird. OK?

Too bad Briles still isn't coaching there. You might have a chance Friday night.

garciap77
09-09-2009, 03:57 PM
Based on what? A butt-kicking from Guyer? Ya'll are licking your chops because you think it is same ol' Brownwood from the last couple of years coming to town for your home opener. I will give you props for actually playing a great team in pre-district but at least make it a game. The Stephenville that used to warrant the kind of respect you are talking about NEVER got beat like that. NEVER. And you expect us to be afraid of your average defense and sophomore quarterback? Ya'll sound like your program is at it's peak or something. Ya'll are rebuilding and taking your lumps right now. We are rebuilding and winning. That's the difference.

:eek:

LE Dad
09-09-2009, 03:58 PM
Yeah getting in a battle of wits with rocket is assault on an unarmed man. We might get arrested. Dude is likes taking a good smack spanking though. His record running smack against me is more dismal than his wittle ole Wions 3-7.:doh: Here wittle Rockee.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Kid Ice
09-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Another non-football related post from LE Dad. Big Suprise.

Rocket
09-09-2009, 04:02 PM

Game, set, and match.

Rocket
09-09-2009, 04:06 PM
Another non-football related post from LE Dad. Big Suprise.

Brownwood Envy.

LE Dad
09-09-2009, 04:07 PM
Self-glorification? You make a comment and then pat yourself on the back? LOL

You have no idea. Like I said, just make sure you come around Friday night. Talk all the smack you want, just come eat the bird. OK?

Too bad Briles still isn't coaching there. You might have a chance Friday night. :spitlol: Self glorification coming from the master of Oh we are the best, State Champions 2009, geez get real.

LE Dad
09-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Brownwood Envy. Brown Who
Brown Who Brown Who yeah I hope LE has 5 losing seasons. The Hobbs Eagles must be pretty pathic.

Rocket
09-09-2009, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
Funny thing is... after Friday night, you'll never hear from Sville again. Why would he come back here after getting man handled by some mediocre 3A team??? Go burn some wood or something Sville. Isn't that what y'all do on Wednesday's before the "big" game?

Bwd 35
Stvl 10 (maybe if we play our 2nd team)

Yeah they have a BIG Bonfire! LOL wow...

Then they pass out these poems that old farts write that used to get their butt handed to them back in the day. Real weird poems about players and boys and ville history vs Brownwood. It is quite disturbing. You can pick them up at Texas Bank usually. (No, I am not making that up).

Rocket
09-09-2009, 04:13 PM
The more LE Dad posts.. the more he proves our point.

LE Dad
09-09-2009, 04:15 PM
Game, set, and match. Brown who wouldn't know what to do winning a game much less a set or match sure Brown Who tennis sucks too.

Rocket
09-09-2009, 04:15 PM
Brown who wouldn't know what to do winning a game much less a set or match sure Brown Who tennis sucks too.

Another example...:rolleyes:

LE Dad
09-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Another non-football related post from LE Dad. Big Suprise. Geez that would be cause my mom always said if you can't say anything good and I sure haven't seen anything good yet. Ya'll probably have a good ballon race though with all the hot air you put out.

Kid Ice
09-09-2009, 04:22 PM
Geez that would be cause my mom always said if you can't say anything good and I sure haven't seen anything good yet. Ya'll probably have a good ballon race though with all the hot air you put out.

Another example.

Rocket
09-09-2009, 04:26 PM
I try and make simple posts so everyone regardless of their intellectual capacity, can enjoy.

http://www.brownwoodlions.com/myspace/simpledad.jpg

Once upon a time, there was a ....

Game, set, and match.

hollywood
09-09-2009, 04:26 PM
Geez that would be cause my mom always said if you can't say anything good and I sure haven't seen anything good yet. Ya'll probably have a good ballon race though with all the hot air you put out. Dude, this is all in fun I know, but PLEASE, if you're going to post smack, learn how to spell! Ballon race???That's not even funny.

LE Dad
09-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Dude, this is all in fun I know, but PLEASE, if you're going to post smack, learn how to spell! Ballon race???That's not even funny. Oh sorry I had a Hollywood moment

LE Dad
09-09-2009, 04:37 PM

Once upon a time, there was a .... Geez I heard the girls in Hobbs were hideous but that one looks like a dude. She does make you look a little less beastly though:thumbsup: Good job.

Kid Ice
09-09-2009, 04:42 PM
Geez I heard the girls in Hobbs were hideous but that one looks like a dude. She does make you look a little less beastly though:thumbsup: Good job.

That's all you got? Wow you really are simpLE. Thanks again for proving our point.

Looking4number8
09-09-2009, 04:50 PM
Brown Who
Brown Who Brown Who yeah I hope LE has 5 losing seasons. The Hobbs Eagles must be pretty pathic.

What??????

Brown who wouldn't know what to do winning a game much less a set or match sure Brown Who tennis sucks too.

again, What....

Slow down there LE Dad, you've been a member about 20 days and already have about a million post (most dogging Brownwood)... Your posting so fast your fingers are getting ahead of your brain (I am hoping that's why your post don't make any sense).

Do like the teacher taught you, slow down, take a breath and say something productive... It does no good to burn someone if nobody understands what the H@#$ you are babbling about!

By the way, I am not going to take the time to go look them up, but I seem to remember at first you were cheering for Brownwood and now you seem to despise everything about us. I could be "misremembering" but I don't think so

LE Dad
09-09-2009, 04:50 PM
That's all you got? Wow you really are simpLE. Thanks again for proving our point. Your thoughts are just like your posts very unoriginal and boring. And calling me simple sound a bunch like a personal attack but hey what do I know? Get original or get lost.

Kid Ice
09-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Your thoughts are just like your posts very unoriginal and boring. And calling me simple sound a bunch like a personal attack but hey what do I know? Get original or get lost.

Read the quote above the simpLE Dad picture. You called yourself simpLE, remember? Go post on an LE board. Oh, my bad. Nobody cares about LE.

Looking4number8
09-09-2009, 04:54 PM
Your thoughts are just like your posts very unoriginal and boring. And calling me simple sound a bunch like a personal attack but hey what do I know? Get original or get lost.

Oh wait, never mind.... How have you been go blue!!! It all makes sense now...:) :)

ccmom
09-09-2009, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
What??????

again, What....

Slow down there LE Dad, you've been a member about 20 days and already have about a million post (most dogging Brownwood)... Your posting so fast your fingers are getting ahead of your brain (I am hoping that's why your post don't make any sense).

Do like the teacher taught you, slow down, take a breath and say something productive... It does no good to burn someone if nobody understands what the H@#$ you are babbling about!

By the way, I am not going to take the time to go look them up, but I seem to remember at first you were cheering for Brownwood and now you seem to despise everything about us. I could be "misremembering" but I don't think so

Wow, L48...Wow!! :clap: :)

ccmom
09-09-2009, 05:00 PM

Once upon a time, there was a ....

Game, set, and match.

Ohhhhh my.......

hollywood
09-09-2009, 05:01 PM
You're wasting your time. Let LE Dad have his "hollywood" moments. He's just addicted to this site and Brownwood. Let's talk about something more meaningful... like football!

LE Dad
09-09-2009, 05:03 PM
What??????

again, What....

By the way, I am not going to take the time to go look them up, but I seem to remember at first you were cheering for Brownwood and now you seem to despise everything about us. I could be "misremembering" but I don't think so You are absolutely right and if you will look back at my first 2 posts today you will see that they were very non confrontational but then guess what, a poster from Brownwood pops off. He claims to represent all that is Brownwood. Got nothing against Bwd but he took a shot and I shot back. Like I said read how it started.

Kid Ice
09-09-2009, 05:04 PM
You are absolutely right and if you will look back at my first 2 posts today you will see that they were very non confrontational but then guess what, a poster from Brownwood pops off. He claims to represent all that is Brownwood. Got nothing against Bwd but he took a shot and I shot back. Like I said read how it started.

Ahhhhh, poor simpLE Dad.

Bullaholic
09-09-2009, 05:07 PM
You're wasting your time. Let LE Dad have his "hollywood" moments. He's just addicted to this site and Brownwood. Let's talk about something more meaningful... like football!

I agree---I think there are some more S'Ville posters who would drift on up here to this thread if they thought that football facts, team discussion, and maybe a little team-oriented smack talk without the personal attacks, could prevail. And, I am not trying to tell ANYONE what they should or should not post, I am just stating what draws me to a good football thread---especially when it is a game between two old, tradition-rich rivals.

Looking4number8
09-09-2009, 05:08 PM
You are absolutely right and if you will look back at my first 2 posts today you will see that they were very non confrontational but then guess what, a poster from Brownwood pops off. He claims to represent all that is Brownwood. Got nothing against Bwd but he took a shot and I shot back. Like I said read how it started.

Hey my friend, I understand where it all comes from. I dont think Rocket claims to to all that is Brownwood but he is definetly one of our biggest and most outspoken fans. Like my daddy always told me "nobody can make you mad but yourself". If you let allow what other people say to make that big of an influnce on you.... well, so be it... It is just not the way I try to handle things in my little world....

Good luck this Friday... Sorry if I seem concerned.. it was just getting a little crazy in here.

LE Dad
09-09-2009, 05:09 PM
Ahhhhh, poor simpLE Dad. Again boring and unoriginal :rolleyes:

Rocket
09-09-2009, 05:11 PM
I think all that can be said about this game has been said. They think they are going to win because they have been beat by 2 Good teams and we think we are going to win because we are actually winning. LOL

Bullaholic
09-09-2009, 05:14 PM
I think all that can be said about this game has been said. They think they are going to win because they have been beat by 2 Good teams and we think we are going to win because we are actually winning. LOL

Rocket--you could talk about how the Lion "O" will matchup against the 'Jacket "D" and how it will attack it.

Conversely, the 'Jacket "O" matchup against the Brownwood "D".

Kid Ice
09-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I agree---I think there are some more S'Ville posters who would drift on up here to this thread if they thought that football facts, team discussion, and maybe a little team-oriented smack talk without the personal attacks, could prevail. And, I am not trying to tell ANYONE what they should or should not post, I am just stating what draws me to a good football thread---especially when it is a game between two old, tradition-rich rivals.

I agree totally, that's why we are constantly encouraging FOOTBALL DISCUSSION. Some peopLE just don't have a clue.

LE Dad
09-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Hey my friend, I understand where it all comes from. I dont think Rocket claims to to all that is Brownwood but he is definetly one of our biggest and most outspoken fans. Like my daddy always told me "nobody can make you mad but yourself". If you let allow what other people say to make that big of an influnce on you.... well, so be it... It is just not the way I try to handle things in my little world....

Good luck this Friday... Sorry if I seem concerned.. it was just getting a little crazy in here. LOL No way, I grew up in this environment 4 schools within 6 miles you learn to talk smack early. I can hold my own. I only shoot when shot at. Now I am guilty of a little jab now and then but I try not to get too carried away. Like I told you and like you can read I was gonna sit back and watch but he wants to take a shot oh well I will take 1 back. :D

Rocket
09-09-2009, 05:19 PM
LOL No way, I grew up in this environment 4 schools within 6 miles you learn to talk smack early. I can hold my own. I only shoot when shot at. Now I am guilty of a little jab now and then but I try not to get too carried away. Like I told you and like you can read I was gonna sit back and watch but he wants to take a shot oh well I will take 1 back. :D

Your smack talk is real weak dude. I guess that can be expected since you are coming out of Region 2. I think most would agree that your smack is very weak at best. Sorry. I love you enough to tell you the truth.

Kid Ice
LOL No way, I grew up in this environment 4 schools within 6 miles you learn to talk smack early. I can hold my own. I only shoot when shot at. Now I am guilty of a little jab now and then but I try not to get too carried away. Like I told you and like you can read I was gonna sit back and watch but he wants to take a shot oh well I will take 1 back. :D

Yeah, and you brought rocks to a nuclear war. You are not as innocent as you make yourself out to be. You have been around for days taking shots at Brownwood. It all caught up with you today. Take a hike so we can talk FOOTBALL.

Rocket
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Rocket--you could talk about how the Lion "O" will matchup against the 'Jacket "D" and how it will attack it.

Conversely, the 'Jacket "O" matchup against the Brownwood "D".

I have been putting thoughts out there...

Stephenville is young. Very young. They have about as many players on the sidelines as we do. In fact, I think we have more. They are big on the O-Line and have 2 big bruiser RB's. They still throw most of the time. Their defense is vanilla and nothing worth bragging about. They will be exploited. They are also coming off 2 losses. 2 losses like that for a young team can hurt confidence big time. Our confidence will push us Friday night. Stephenville could win, but Brownwood is definitely the favorite in this one.

Rocket
09-09-2009, 05:22 PM
Let's put an end to this.

All Brownwood posters... boycott LE dad. Let him try to chime in and take his corny shots, but just ignore it and I will do the same. Let's talk some football.

LE Dad
09-09-2009, 05:23 PM
I agree totally, that's why we are constantly encouraging FOOTBALL DISCUSSION. Some peopLE just don't have a clue. Yet again:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Rocket
09-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Interesting stat...

The Ville's potent rushing attack:

29 Yards on 22 Attempts vs. Denton Guyer.
Tell me people. Is Guyer that good or is the Ville that bad? LOL wow...

If I am Brownwood's DC..I know what I am going to do. LOL

LE Dad
09-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Yeah, and you brought rocks to a nuclear war. You are not as innocent as you make yourself out to be. You have been around for days taking shots at Brownwood. It all caught up with you today. Take a hike so we can talk FOOTBALL. Dude you took shots so I took shots at you. You dogged LE so I dogged Bwd. Today I said gonna sit back and watch and next thing I know you are popping off. ***

Kid Ice
09-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Dude you took shots so I took shots at you. You dogged LE so I dogged Bwd. Today I said gonna sit back and watch and next thing I know you are popping off. ***

I started taking shots at LE out of the blue? For the last time, I have never even heard of LE. You were on here taking shots day after day, following Brownwood threads wherever they went and we are to blame? Nah man, no way. I could care less about your posts and your irrelevant to Brownwood school. You showed up out of nowhere, we defended Brownwood and you got dealt with. Out you go. I'm done talking to you until you are relevant which means Brownwood vs. LE, which will never happen so you will remain irrelevant.

TheDOCTORdre
09-09-2009, 05:41 PM
I wanted to be post 100 on this thread....continue on gentlemen

Rocket
09-10-2009, 05:21 PM
Battle of 377 Video (http://vimeo.com/6519242)

Pretty Cool...