PDA

View Full Version : Region I GotW: Sweetwater (0-2) vs. Monahans (1-0)

Sweetwater Red
09-06-2009, 12:46 PM
Sweetwater needs a confidence booster and what better way to
get it than by beating Monahans?

Monahans looks to be a team that is going to make a deep run in
the playoffs. I'm sure they are ready for some pay back given last
year's result and the 35-16 quarter final loss to the Mustangs in
'05.

Let the rivalry resume....

Tres Lobos
09-06-2009, 01:05 PM
sweetwater looks like their startin to gain some experience in their new offense, and the loboes the last 2 years have been sloppy coming off their bye week. I think this game could come down to a late touchdown. I gotta go with the Loboes tho.

Monahans 24
Sweewater 17

20loboes10
09-06-2009, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Tres Lobos
sweetwater looks like their startin to gain some experience in their new offense, and the loboes the last 2 years have been sloppy coming off their bye week. I think this game could come down to a late touchdown. I gotta go with the Loboes tho.

Monahans 24
Sweewater 17

I don't believe this lobo team will make the same mistake they did last year and come out slow the first half. Sweetwater isn't near as good as they were last year and with monahans's star qb playing I expect the loboes to blow them out. Monahans will be looking for blood for the loss they suffered last year.

M-town lobo fan
09-06-2009, 04:30 PM
You have to throw out Sweetwaters 0-2 record.They always get pumped up to play the Loboes.There at home against an old rival.Loboes are better team physically but not mentally when they see Big Red.Sweetwater always has the loboes # in the past year but I think this year the Loboes are mentally & physically ready.Big Red is DEAD!

tex_male
09-06-2009, 06:44 PM
GO LOBOES GO!!
GO LOBOES GO!!

big red is dead!!!!

Bullaholic
09-06-2009, 08:29 PM
If Titus is 100%---It doesn't look good for the Mustangs. As several have pointed out, this is an old, intense rivalry so I know both teams will be reved up for this one. Loboes by 10, just because I think they are working their system well and most of their players have a lot of tough game experience.

garciap77
09-06-2009, 09:06 PM
SW by 7!

DaHop72
09-06-2009, 10:22 PM
I hate to go against the homies, but if Titus is healthy I think it could be a long night for the Mustangs.:(

STANG RED
09-06-2009, 10:28 PM
I'd love to pick my Mustangs, but they're just not there yet. If we can somehow manage to not turn the ball over, we may keep it somewhat close though. If it's still a close game by the 4th quarter, anything can happen. The Loboes are very comfortable in their system, they have a great QB and all around great athlete in Titus, and they have several losses to the Mustangs in recent years to avenge for. I expect Monahans to come out firing on all cylinders and testing every part of the Mustangs game early. But the Mustang D is pretty solid, and the O is getting better all the time, so they are not going to just roll over and let the Loboes just have their way with them. But at this point, Monahans is probably a legit 2 to 3 touchdown better team than what Sweetwater is.:(
But I sure hope I'm wrong. Whuppin Loboe butt has always been lots of fun in the past. :D

GO BIG RED!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Z-RO
09-07-2009, 02:50 AM
I'm picking the lobos and it will not even be close. I don’t see how this is the premier game out of R1.:confused:

IHStangFan
09-07-2009, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Z-RO
I'm picking the lobos and it will not even be close. I don’t see how this is the premier game out of R1.:confused: Agreed....in years past this would definitely be GOTW material....but given SW's slow start this year....I foresee this one being a bit lopsided.

Tres Lobos
09-07-2009, 01:17 PM
Loboes haven't beaten Sweetwater since 94! Have a feeling that is about to change :D

IrishTex
09-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Loboes haven't beaten Sweetwater since 94! Have a feeling that is about to change :D

You Loboes always say that...

:D

IrishTex
09-07-2009, 01:30 PM
Psssst, don't tell anyone I said this...but I think the Lobo coach is a great guy, and a good leader of his teams...

Sssshhhhh...you didn't hear that from me..

ForeverALobo
09-07-2009, 02:24 PM
I believe both teams will come out ready for this game but I don't see Sweetwater being near as good as years past. Monahans I believe right now is the better team and will show it Friday night. If Titus plays then it will only help Monahan's chances of getting the win but if he doesn't it looks like Monahans doesn't have too bad of a backup from the looks of the Midland Christian game. Also Monahans has an All-Stater at defensive end in the Coach's son. He seems to always have big games when it matters most.Should be a good game but I look for Monahans to walk away from the mustang bowl with the victory.
35-14 Monahans

Sweetwater Red
09-07-2009, 02:27 PM
FYI - This is Sweetwater's homecoming game. So, It should be a
packed house.

Tres Lobos
09-07-2009, 04:11 PM
FYI - This is Sweetwater's homecoming game. So, It should be a

even better ;)

STANG RED
09-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by ForeverALobo
I believe both teams will come out ready for this game but I don't see Sweetwater being near as good as years past. Monahans I believe right now is the better team and will show it Friday night. If Titus plays then it will only help Monahan's chances of getting the win but if he doesn't it looks like Monahans doesn't have too bad of a backup from the looks of the Midland Christian game. Also Monahans has an All-Stater at defensive end in the Coach's son. He seems to always have big games when it matters most.Should be a good game but I look for Monahans to walk away from the mustang bowl with the victory.
35-14 Monahans

The Mustang D is actually pretty solid. And the O moves the ball pretty well also. Now if they can just avoid having so dang many turnovers, this game will be much closer than yall think. In fact, if we can somehow manage to avoid any turnovers, and maybe get a good break or two, I give the Mustangs a chance to win it. I'll promise you this, the Loboe offense will not run up and down the field at will, as some of you seem to think. It aint gonna be a cake walk boys!

M-town lobo fan
09-07-2009, 07:54 PM
I agree it is gonna be alot closer than ppl are saying & thinking.One good reason why,Sweetwater has around 8 turnovers in the last 2 games.They help the other teams & beat themselves.Loboes dont have that luck or get them kinda gifts from Sweetwater.in fact Sweetwater always plays almost Flawless ball against the Loboes,If they do happen to turn the ball over as much as they have it will get ugly,but if they dont it will be a close one

Sweetwater Red
09-07-2009, 08:38 PM
This has been a 25 year rivalry. I wouldn't expect
anyone outside of West Texas to be able to
appreciate what this grudge match means. I
promise you there is not gonna be a fan in the
stands that looks at this as only a non-district
game.

LH Panther Mom
09-07-2009, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
This has been a 25 year rivalry.
Y'all are being waaaaaay tooooooo nice to each other, then! Where's the smack talk? :dispntd: :dispntd:

:taunt: :stirpot:

Sweetwater Red
09-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Well, Monahans hasn't had a RB since Charles
Thompson or Dana Amos. Unfortunately for the
Loboes, we had Kenneth Norman when we were
in the process of owning them in the 80's.

His boy, KNJr will be the one hitting every WR
that tries to catch a pass. Our LB's will do the
same thing we did last year....hit their QB whether
He has the ball or not. Why not it worked last year.

Tres Lobos
09-07-2009, 09:37 PM
Last year the loboes didn't decide to start playin till the 2nd half. Once they finally woke up that ole sweetwater offense didn't no what to do and thats why they didn't score another point. This year the loboes will be wide awake the 1st half and than the starters can go back to sleep the 2nd half :devil:

Trashman
09-07-2009, 09:44 PM
It's Sweetwater; at home; and it's homecoming! I think the turnover bug may have run it's course and the offense will start clicking. If so.....Sweetwater by 7.:D

Send_the_House
09-08-2009, 11:51 AM
Monahans in a Yawner...

westtxfballfan
09-08-2009, 01:09 PM
In Sweetwater's favor:

Monahans had three games last year where they only played a half, and they lost all three. All the rah-rah stuff aside about how they're not going to do that this year, blah, blah, let's wait and see if this team is mature enough to take care of business for 48 minutes. (3 losses last year were 2 in OT and the 3 point Sweetwater loss where the kicker missed from extra point range in the last minute to tie it.)

Sweetwater - as a talented team learning a new system - is going to get better by the game faster than a team that is not learning a new system. They'll be ready.

Monahans has lost to SW with supposedly better teams before.

In Monahans' favor:

As special as Titus is, the junior backup is very capable and has shown he can really play in the Wylie scrimmage and the 1st game. That is no surprise to anyone who has seen this kid over the years. He would be starting for most other 3a teams in the area. They'll be fine regardless of who plays QB if they are ready to play mentally.

Sweetwater seems vulnerable to the run up the middle, where Monahans has been especially strong so far this year.

prediction: I don't see a blowout victory, but I do think Monahans has a special group this year and they will pull out a convincing 10-14 point win.

Ex-Tiger2005
09-08-2009, 03:18 PM
I hate to go against Monahans cuz I know they are gonna be real good this year! But S'water at home and for homecoming!!! Those are tough odds to go against! I played against both and S'water at home is no joke. S'water will surprise and prevail over Monahans 35-28!!!

20loboes10
09-08-2009, 05:49 PM
This will be a good game for the Loboes second string to get alot of practice. Hopefully they don't beat up on the Mustangs too bad. I'd hate to see to many numbers on the visitor side of the scoreboard. :p

swstangs001
09-08-2009, 05:59 PM
i wouldnt be surprised if sweetwater doesnt win few a few weeks but they'll have everything down by the time distrct rolls around

wtfootball
09-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Will the M defense lay down and let Sweetwater run it up the gut the length of the field like last year? I think the difference in last years team and this years is defense. Oh, my answer? I don't think so. Monahans in a blowout.
GOMEANGREEN

Monahans 42
Sweetwater 14

DaHop72
09-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by wtfootball
Will the M defense lay down and let Sweetwater run it up the gut the length of the field like last year? I think the difference in last years team and this years is defense. Oh, my answer? I don't think so. Monahans in a blowout.
GOMEANGREEN

Monahans 42
Sweetwater 14 Man, sure hope the refs don't do the Loboes again in this game in the Bowl. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

garciap77
09-08-2009, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Y'all are being waaaaaay tooooooo nice to each other, then! Where's the smack talk? :dispntd: :dispntd:

:taunt: :stirpot:
Did you say Rocket? :D ;)

WTF-82
09-08-2009, 10:42 PM
MY vote is Loboes all the way. WOW!!
Been a long time since, I have seen a Lobo team picked over the stangs 1989 is probably been the last time we were picked to win this game.
This rivalry goes back a long time into the 80's and its a different rivalry no hate just respect there is not a coaching staff ever from Sweetwater or Monahans that does not respect one another. These 2 programs have been respected by all of West Texas for a long time. I still remember 1984 the year the stangs won the State title. With the District Title on the line and what a game it was it still hurts bad. Loboes up 10-0 midway through the 4rth and I believe his name is Mike Welch and the Stangs make a crazy come back and win it at Lobo Stadium 14-10 that stud went on to play a Baylor.

My Pick Loboes 28-17 if we come to play!! Since the 80's only the 1989 Lobo team and 1993 Lobo team have been able to get this done over them. Sweetwater does come to play when it comes to this game and they usually have there best game turnover free against the Loboes. I will predict no blowout the stangs are lot better than people think trust me!! Sweetwater kids will be up to play in this game and with all the former Mustangs there to watch in front of that Homecoming crowd. Hek in my opinion the best passing QB ever from Sweetwater will be there Terry Clemmer and he will love that new offense they run they havent don that since his senior year. Those Mustangs adapted to that new offense in 93 about week 3 so they have done this before.
Loboes will need to come to play Loboes need this one bad to avenge this decades losses and to put a big W over them in there house !! Cant wait this is going to be a great football game.

Go Loboes !!!

STANG RED
09-08-2009, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by ***-82
MY vote is Loboes all the way. WOW!!
Been a long time since, I have seen a Lobo team picked over the stangs 1989 is probably been the last time we were picked to win this game.
This rivalry goes back a long time into the 80's and its a different rivalry no hate just respect there is not a coaching staff ever from Sweetwater or Monahans that does not respect one another. These 2 programs have been respected by all of West Texas for a long time. I still remember 1984 the year the stangs won the State title. With the District Title on the line and what a game it was it still hurts bad. Loboes up 10-0 midway through the 4rth and I believe his name is Mike Welch and the Stangs make a crazy come back and win it at Lobo Stadium 14-10 that stud went on to play a Baylor.

My Pick Loboes 28-17 if we come to play!! Since the 80's only the 1989 Lobo team and 1993 Lobo team have been able to get this done over them. Sweetwater does come to play when it comes to this game and they usually have there best game turnover free against the Loboes. I will predict no blowout the stangs are lot better than people think trust me!! Sweetwater kids will be up to play in this game and with all the former Mustangs there to watch in front of that Homecoming crowd. Hek in my opinion the best passing QB ever from Sweetwater will be there Terry Clemmer and he will love that new offense they run they havent don that since his senior year. Those Mustangs adapted to that new offense in 93 about week 3 so they have done this before.
Loboes will need to come to play Loboes need this one bad to avenge this decades losses and to put a big W over them in there house !! Cant wait this is going to be a great football game.

Go Loboes !!!

We actually won state in 85. Lost to Denison in the semis in 84. One of those years we played Monahans in the quarter finals in San Angelo. Just like always, it was a great game. I cant remember the score, but I know it was close, and very exciting to the very end. And your right about Mike Welch. He had a great career at Baylor, and could have probably played on Sundays, if he hadnt wrecked his knee in a pickup basketball game.

swstangs001
09-09-2009, 12:14 AM
whats the record in this series?

WTF-82
09-09-2009, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
We actually won state in 85. Lost to Denison in the semis in 84. One of those years we played Monahans in the quarter finals in San Angelo. Just like always, it was a great game. I cant remember the score, but I know it was close, and very exciting to the very end. And your right about Mike Welch. He had a great career at Baylor, and could have probably played on Sundays, if he hadnt wrecked his knee in a pickup basketball game.

You are correct I meant 1985 season no 84 my mistake.

wtfootball
09-09-2009, 01:21 PM
It is going to be nothing short of an honor and a privilege to sit in the Mustang Bowl and watch the Mustangs take this beating no less at homecoming. Can't wait.

wildstangs
09-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Seems like every year Monahans has a team that whips a couple of West Texas team early in the year. The Loboes fans then come in thumping their chest and claiming that "Big red is dead" only to then leave Mustang Bowl (or their own home field) VERY disappointed.

How will this year shake out? Seems like Sweetwater is down and Monahans is REALLY the favorite this year, but I would be shocked if the Mustangs let themselves get embarrassed at homecoming. I think Sweetwater comes out on fire, jumps to a 2 TD lead, and then holds Monahans off late. Sweetwater 35 Monahans 28.

Now of course if Monahans does win I am sure we will have to hear "Big Red is Dead" a thousand times. All of us Mustang fans cane come back with the "Blind squirrel finds a nut" line since Sweetwater OWNS the Loboes.

20loboes10
09-09-2009, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Seems like every year Monahans has a team that whips a couple of West Texas team early in the year. The Loboes fans then come in thumping their chest and claiming that "Big red is dead" only to then leave Mustang Bowl (or their own home field) VERY disappointed.

How will this year shake out? Seems like Sweetwater is down and Monahans is REALLY the favorite this year, but I would be shocked if the Mustangs let themselves get embarrassed at homecoming. I think Sweetwater comes out on fire, jumps to a 2 TD lead, and then holds Monahans off late. Sweetwater 35 Monahans 28.

Now of course if Monahans does win I am sure we will have to hear "Big Red is Dead" a thousand times. All of us Mustang fans cane come back with the "Blind squirrel finds a nut" line since Sweetwater OWNS the Loboes.

Sweetwater won't "own" the loboes if the mustangs lose. All that counts is this year's score. None of the past games go on either teams records this year. You sure do have alot of confidence in your team but I also see how you have an excuse just in case they do lose. I'll say straight up that the loboes will win this game and I won't make up an excuse. Monahans 35 Sweetwater 0

WTF-82
09-09-2009, 10:07 PM

Wow!! you dont know nothing about Monahans we beat great football teams every year and lose to some but hey our program keeps rolling many dist titles,many victories and still looking for state title number 2. Big Red is Dead signs are out this week because they are our next opponent !! We dont thump our chest after winning 1 or 2 games trust me its after winning about 10 games and having a successful year we take pride in having great football teams and making playoff runs some runs better then others but always playing for the goal. HEY Sweetwater does have the winning record over us but it has not been easy we dont play every year and usually when we do its in the playoffs quaterfinals or so.
DECEMBER FOOTBALL !! Remember that thats when we like to bump our chest.

WTF-82
09-09-2009, 10:23 PM

1993 Football season bro. It was the Senior class of 1994 but the football season was '93 score was 13-12 that was my year. I got the tape in VHS form I wonder if my vcr still plays.

TheDOCTORdre
09-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by 20loboes10
Sweetwater won't "own" the loboes if the mustangs lose. All that counts is this year's score. None of the past games go on either teams records this year. You sure do have alot of confidence in your team but I also see how you have an excuse just in case they do lose. I'll say straight up that the loboes will win this game and I won't make up an excuse. Monahans 35 Sweetwater 0

That's a bold prediction and not for saying the Lobes win, but for saying its going to be a blowout, and a shut out at that. Neither team will blow out the other team. I know the stangs are a bit down thus far this season, but I'm gonna pick them to pull out the homecoming victory, 23-17

WTF-82
09-09-2009, 10:44 PM
I will agree I am Lobo fan and x but no blowout in this game!!
To all Lobo Fans remember Greenwood last year we go up 14-0 in first qtr and lost that fire and we lost in OT 21-14 in the final game of the season with the playoffs coming not good Owens did a good job of fixing that problem but hey dont matter how good you think you are when you play good football programs you have to bring it or L. Same thing with the stangs last year we though we would run all over them and then we saw how great they play dfense we had a great second half but part of that was from playaction passes screens and forcing turnovers.

Gonna be a great game hope the Loboes have there a game because I want this one bad.

wildstangs
09-09-2009, 10:59 PM

Meant that last line to be sarcastic - Guess I should have put a ;)

Monahans is definitely the favorite coming into this game. Monahans has had some GREAT teams the last few years, but never seem to be able to put a complete game together against Sweetwater for some reason. IF they are able to do that this year, they will win. I am just having a little confidence in my hometown, and hoping that history repeats itself.

wtfootball
09-09-2009, 11:38 PM
I just hope the boys don't look past Sweetwater, the game to watch on their regular season schedule will be in Seminole. If they beat Seminole, they should roll into the playoffs at 10-0 to start the real season. Oh and in Monahans, it ain't about Sweetwater or any one team. I highly doubt you would even hear gloating after the game not from the team anyway, I never saw it in recent years that I lived there, normally 5 minutes after the game, it is about next week's opponent. That is how the current coaching staff operates and they put a winning competitve team on the field, year in and year out. After the game, you will see a 3 TD victory for Monahans and all you will hear is bring on the next opponent.

Tres Lobos
09-09-2009, 11:44 PM
Well said wtfootball.

weenman33
09-09-2009, 11:53 PM
Im pretty sure this is going to be a blowout, although sweetwater has had some good teams in the past this does not look good for them... I say monahans 49 sweetwater 7

Sweetwater Red
09-10-2009, 12:11 AM
I sure wish I would have noticed this thread had
begun to liven up before it was midnight.

You Monahans posters were silenced on the board last
year, not once but twice. The sad part is that
only one of your posters bothered to meet the
rest of us. Good thing for ya'll is he represented
himself and Monahans with dignity and expressed respect
for Bridgeport and Sweetwater.

Some of you could take a lesson from him.

WTF-82
09-10-2009, 12:45 AM

I would meet you bro but I am usually chasing my 3 year old. Nothing to do with sportsmanship or dignity for me its family chasing 3 year old and 5 year old also have a 14 year old that keeps me pretty busy during pregames halftimes and so. I did meet Ranger MOm last year during the Greenwood game small stadium so my son could run around during halftime hard to do that at the bowl. Just remember if one of us fans dont meet to greet has nothing to do with our schools dignity or pride win or lose its the players and coaches who put that kind of work every day to represent our school. My playing days are over with now I am just a die hard Lobo x and fan. Monahans folks are just hard working good people raising there kids and grandkids to there best oil field world over in Monahans nothing but hard work.

ForeverALobo
09-10-2009, 02:20 AM

I find it funny that just because some people do not choose to meet then they are automatically labeled to have or show no class. And also what if the person yall had met had not represented monahans with dignity and respect? Would you automatically label the whole town of Monahans as classless or arrogant? Moving to the game now, good luck to Sweetwater and Monahans Friday night. Both these schools are rich with tradition and both are lead by great coaching staffs. Respect is shown on both sides from the coaches, players, and fans. Hopefully we will all be treated to some good 'ole Friday Night Football.

Sweetwater Red
09-10-2009, 08:34 AM
I would meet you bro but I am usually chasing my 3 year old. Nothing to do with sportsmanship or dignity for me its family chasing 3 year old and 5 year old also have a 14 year old that keeps me pretty busy during pregames halftimes and so. I did meet Ranger MOm last year during the Greenwood game small stadium so my son could run around during halftime hard to do that at the bowl. Just remember if one of us fans dont meet to greet has nothing to do with our schools dignity or pride win or lose its the players and coaches who put that kind of work every day to represent our school. My playing days are over with now I am just a die hard Lobo x and fan. Monahans folks are just hard working good people raising there kids and grandkids to there best oil field world over in Monahans nothing but hard work.

Yeah, I understand. I kinda pulled that out of the air in an effort to
try to prod a few more Monahans posters into showing up this
year. I probably shouldn't have generalized it as I did. It was really
meant for the guy that says the Loboes are going to win 49-0.
What the hell is he smoking?:confused: :D

Sweetwater Red
09-10-2009, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by ForeverALobo
I find it funny that just because some people do not choose to meet then they are automatically labeled to have or show no class. And also what if the person yall had met had not represented monahans with dignity and respect? Would you automatically label the whole town of Monahans as classless or arrogant? Moving to the game now, good luck to Sweetwater and Monahans Friday night. Both these schools are rich with tradition and both are lead by great coaching staffs. Respect is shown on both sides from the coaches, players, and fans. Hopefully we will all be treated to some good 'ole Friday Night Football.

So does that mean you are going to be at the M&G?:thinking:

Tres Lobos
09-10-2009, 08:36 AM
Noone said 49 - 0 :thinking: ?

20loboes10
09-10-2009, 08:43 AM

I actually said we would win 35-0 and I smoke the strongest stuff my friend. ;)

Sweetwater Red
09-10-2009, 09:15 AM

Okay so I embelished a little.

Sweetwater Red
09-10-2009, 09:17 AM

I just saw your signature. Did I mention that I bleed red on Fridays
and maize & blue on Saturdays? Man, you are in for one long
weekend.:thinking: :devil:

TheDOCTORdre
09-10-2009, 12:44 PM

weeman sais 49-7...by the way weeman how long you been in odessa

Rocket
09-10-2009, 01:04 PM

I remember you being afraid to meet me at the Brownwood-Wylie Meet and Greet?

Such a snob... :thinking: :kiss:

16 4ever
09-10-2009, 01:06 PM
Sweetwater fans should get a chance to see their new passing offense have success this week. The lobo secondary is suspect at best and I don't think 2 weeks to get ready will make much difference. Monahans will no doubt try and control the clock with their running game to keep that secondary off the field.

That homecoming rah rah stuff will wear off by the second snap so I don't see that as being a big factor.

The loss to Sweetwater last year will be a motivator but I'm pretty sure that the seniors remember how they felt when they last left the Mustang Bowl. There is unfinished business this year!

My prediction
Monahans 34 Sweetwater 21

westtxfballfan
09-10-2009, 01:36 PM
I just hope the boys don't look past Sweetwater, the game to watch on their regular season schedule will be in Seminole. If they beat Seminole, they should roll into the playoffs at 10-0 to start the real season....

http://daniellebaldwin.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/alternative-tropic-thunder-poster-150x150.jpg

Already with the 10 and 0? Pump your brakes, man!

I agree this is the best shot at an undefeated season in a while, but let's see if we can play a whole game with intensity first.

I agree with the poster that says the lobo secondary is very suspect, so even if the Loboes get a quick start I expect the Mustangs to ring up some points through the air if they have to abandon the run and play catch up.

I played on the lobo team that had the eventual SW state champs down 10-0 in the 4th and lost in '85 and on a loaded, unbeaten, favored team that choked against SW in Monahans in '86, so I know how this can go.

Even so, that has nothing to do with this bunch. Loboes 28, Mustangs 14 or 17.

See you at halftime, Red.

GetRDoneStangs
09-10-2009, 03:41 PM
In my living in Sweetwater for the past 20 plus Sweetwater-Monahans has to rank as one of the best rivalries. I remember trips out to Monahans and the folks in town where some of the best and showed true appreciation for us stopping and in their restaurants and gas stations.

When I worked for Chevron we had offices in Roscoe (many of us lived in Sweetwater) and Monahans and we would burn up the faxes with pictures of old mange infested loboes with hoof prints and scores all over it and they would sent back one with an old broke down horse with claw marks and scores on it. THOSE were some fun times!!!

And the crowds chanting on their respected side...

NOMO LOBOES!!!!NOMO LOBOES!!!!!

Big Red is Dead!! Big Red is Dead!!!!!

Truly Classics!!

I hope to make the game Friday and see you guys at halftime. The Jaycees are hosting our All Ranch Rodeo and not sure if I can get away.

Y'all drive safe and Don't Forget Your Umbrellas!!!!!

Forecast:Friday Night
Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 60s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

WTF-82
09-10-2009, 05:26 PM
I just saw your signature. Did I mention that I bleed red on Fridays
and maize & blue on Saturdays? Man, you are in for one long
weekend.:thinking: :devil:

Bring it !!!Baby!! It all about the ND !!!

WTF-82
09-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Monahans 22
Sweetwater 0 final

WTF-82
09-10-2009, 09:40 PM
Both Lobo Jr High 7th and 8th grade Green (A) Teams win over
Sweetwater teams. JV was 13-0 Loboes in 3rd I will get a final when it ends.

Tres Lobos
09-10-2009, 09:47 PM
21-8 final Monahans

Scholar
09-10-2009, 10:00 PM
Who will be playing in the offensive backfield for Sweetwater tomorrow night? Are they as disciplined as previous years' teams? If so, they might be allowed to run free and be allowed to oppose their will on anyone they want with no repercussions. Some things never change. Monahans had better be ready to bring the pain. If given the opportunity Sweetwater will bring the whole gang and pound them with no remorse. Sweetwater supports their football team very well. VERY WELL. However, I believe that the Loboes will overcome the homecoming noise and prevail.

Snyder_TigerFan
09-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Scholar
Who will be playing in the offensive backfield for Sweetwater tomorrow night? Are they as disciplined as previous years' teams? If so, they might be allowed to run free and be allowed to oppose their will on anyone they want with no repercussions. Some things never change. Monahans had better be ready to bring the pain. If given the opportunity Sweetwater will bring the whole gang and pound them with no remorse. Sweetwater supports their football team very well. VERY WELL. However, I believe that the Loboes will overcome the homecoming noise and prevail.

hmm...heard about that.

And, I'll take Monahans in this one, by a touchdown, maybe two.

wtfootball
09-10-2009, 11:09 PM
I would like to jump out there and say 49-0 since nobody would but I can't. I think the game will be keep away. Low scoring as most predict. I am revising my prediction to 28-7
Green.

WTF-82
09-10-2009, 11:50 PM
September 10, 2009 6:26 PM
BY WILLIE BANS
Monahans senior quarterback Quincy Titus is back.

He’s ready to erase the memory of last year’s close loss to Sweetwater and the community’s memory of the previous time the Loboes had played the Mustangs, a Class 3A Division II quarterfinal playoff loss in 2005.

Titus, District 3-3A’s co-Offensive MVP last year, missed the season opener Aug. 28 and rested during last week’s open date. Now he’s set to start today’s 7:30 p.m. game at Sweetwater.

His high ankle sprain is not 100 percent and this is a non-district game.

But Titus is back.

“We want it bad,” Titus said.

Not only because of the recent history but because of his role in it. In last season’s 17-14 loss, the Loboes had third-and-goal with about a minute remaining and Titus ran it from about the 8-yard line to the end zone — except his foot barely touched out-of-bounds.

That set up a 22-yard field goal attempt and the kicker missed it.

Monahans head coach Mickey Owens said it is not only Titus who wants to win today at Sweetwater’s Mustang Bowl.

Every player who was there last year wants it, too.

“I think they all want it because of last year and the fact that we didn’t win,” Owens said.

This year’s Sweetwater team is different than last season.

New head coach in Craig Slaughter, who replaced Kent Jackson. New offensive philosophy — out with the wishbone, in with a balanced I attack. And a team still trying to get used to it all after an 0-2 start to the season.

“It’s no secret — we’ve turned the ball over 10 times and we’ve definitely got to get that fixed,” Slaughter said.

Monahans spent its open week not really fixing things — the Loboes looked sharp in their 43-27 win over Midland Christian in the opener — but to get healthy and increase conditioning.

Owens felt his team was a little worn out after the Midland Christian game, and since most other teams already have two games under their belts, he made sure the Loboes worked hard despite the open week.

“You can run all you want in practice but it’s not a game,” Owens said. “We tried to really push them because we would be behind compared to other teams.”

Now, it appears ahead. Junior Wade Roark did a fine job filling in for Titus in the opener, but the latter is a dual-threat option who makes opposing defenses have to pick their poison.

And despite Titus’ injury, he said he actually feels better when he’s moving around.

“If I’m standing there on it, it feels like it’s kind of giving out,” Titus said. “When I’m moving, juking, it feels better.”

Titus is also Monahans’ starter at the rover position, though he said he might limit his snaps defensively to not push it in his first game back.

Whether he is indeed inserted sparingly on defense, it seems it will not affect his effort or mindset.

He wants a win today. Bad, like he said.

>> MONAHANS LOBOES AT SWEETWATER MUSTANGS

Time, Date, Place: 7:30 p.m. Friday, Mustang Bowl.

Districts: Monahans, 3-3A; Sweetwater, 2-3A.

Records: Monahans 1-0; Sweetwater 0-2.

Last week: Monahans did not play; Seminole 20, Sweetwater 14 (OT).

Last season: Sweetwater 17, Monahans 14.

Radio: KCKM 1330-AM (Monahans).

Notes: Monahans senior outside linebacker Xavier Ramon will continue to be sidelined with an injury for up to four weeks, head coach Mickey Owens said. … In the Loboes’ only game thus far, junior linebacker Ricky Robledo led the team with 15 tackles. Senior defensive end Trevor Owens had nine, senior linebacker Ty Horton seven. … Sweetwater had three turnovers in last week’s overtime loss to Seminole. … The Mustangs’ scoring came from A.J. McCoy and B.J. Walker, who had scoring runs 1 yard and 13 yards, respectively.

ForeverALobo
09-11-2009, 12:54 AM

Sorry to say I will be showing up late to this one maybe not even at all if I can not get done with some things around here. Hopefully I can make it because I know it will be a great one for both sides. Also I understand about directing those comments towards whoever said 49-0 or 35-0 and I agree what was he smoking? I had said in an earlier comment that I believed the Loboes would walk away with an 35-14 victory but after talking to some people I believe Sweetwater will hang with them simple because of all that is on their side. Homecoming, home game, years of domination. Titus is going to play but I've also heard he's not at 100%. He is a starter also in their secondary as well as the backup QB, Roark I believe. This is one of the reasons why the secondary seemed a little suspect 2 weeks ago against Midland Christian but also you have to realize the score was alot closer than the game really was. It was 36-6 midway through the 3rd. I believe though that if Titus stays in and healthy Monahans should be good on both sides of the ball but if he goes down look for that secondary to struggle a little bit simply because of the depth factor. I am withdrawing my earlier prediction and making a new one. Monahans 28 Sweetwater 17. Good Luck to both teams!

wtfootball
09-11-2009, 08:36 AM
28-17 is probably a pretty close guess. Freshman and JV won which means absolutely nothing.........Go Green.

M-town lobo fan
09-11-2009, 10:33 AM
1984 Season Sweetwater 31 Monahans 10
Qtr.Finals in San Angelo Sweetwater 29 Monahans 16
Monahans led 16-15 end of 3rd qtr.
Sweetwater Lost next round semi's to eventually Sate Champions Denison

!985 Sweetwater 14 Monahans 10
Monahans led 10-0 end of 3rd qtr
Sweetwater 1985 4A State Champions
Monahans was the only other team that year to almost upset the mustangs or give them a game besides:
Semi's Austin Westlake 21 Sweetwater 21
State Finals Sweetwater 17 Tomball 7
They blew everyone else out that year!

STANG RED
09-11-2009, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by M-town lobo fan
1984 Season Sweetwater 31 Monahans 10
Qtr.Finals in San Angelo Sweetwater 29 Monahans 16
Monahans led 16-15 end of 3rd qtr.
Sweetwater Lost next round semi's to eventually Sate Champions Denison

!985 Sweetwater 14 Monahans 10
Monahans led 10-0 end of 3rd qtr
Sweetwater 1985 4A State Champions
Monahans was the only other team that year to almost upset the mustangs or give them a game besides:
Semi's Austin Westlake 21 Sweetwater 21
State Finals Sweetwater 17 Tomball 7
They blew everyone else out that year!

Your are correct. I remember saying at the time, Monahans was far and away the best team we played till we got to the semis. May have even been better than Westlake and Tomball. Had there been two divisions back then, both 4A state champs may have come out of that district.

garciap77
09-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
I remember you being afraid to meet me at the Brownwood-Wylie Meet and Greet?

Such a snob... :thinking: :kiss:

I remember you hiding behind BEAST!:D

:)

Sweetwater Red
09-11-2009, 12:59 PM
Mustangs host tough Loboes
Written by Ron Howell
Thursday, 10 September 2009

Though it doesn’t quite rank with Abilene High vs. Cooper or Brownwoood vs. Stephenville, this Friday’s Sweetwater-Monahans con-test at Mustang Bowl figures to once again be one of the better high school matchups in West Texas.
And while it’s just a pre-district game that will have no effect on his team’s play-off chances, Sweetwater head coach Craig Slaughter is hoping the Mustangs can get their first win after an uncharacteristic 0-2 start.
But Monahans, which has five offensive and seven defensive starters back from a 10-3 regional semifinalist, may be the Mustangs’ toughest opponent yet. The Loboes (1-0) were idle last week after beating Midland Christian 43-27 in their season opener.
Sweetwater will have a slightly altered lineup after last week’s 20-14 overtime loss to Seminole, Slaughter said. Ken Norman is moving from receiver to running back, while Cole Rhoades is shifting from center to left guard and Sam Nemir will move to the other guard po-sition. Dylon Adames will replace Rhoades at center.
Monahans, on the other hand, may be without quarterback Quincy Titus, who missed the team’s season opener due to injury.
Slaughter said that while the Mustangs played better than in their Week Zero loss to Burkburnett, “We’ve got to do a little better.
“Offensively, we’ve got to sustain drives and defen-sively, we’re giving up too many big plays.”
Slaughter also said keeping his players on the field will be a top priority and that the team had done more conditioning after a number of Mustangs suffered cramps in the second half against Seminole.
Sweetwater got its run-ning game untracked last week. Led by A.J. McCoy, who ran for 167 yards, the Mustangs rushed for 227 of their 259 yards. However, Sweetwater completed just 4 of its 19 pass attempts.
Bo Bugarin led the defen-se with eight solo tackles, six assists and a fumble recovery. B.J. Walker and Clint Jay also recovered fumbles and Kris Mayes deflected two passes. Walker had six solo tackles and McCoy and Norman five apiece.

http://www.sweetwaterreporter.com/content/view/165658/122/

tex_male
09-11-2009, 02:23 PM
Before I leave @ 4 I was wondering how the weather is doing over that way.

nobogey72
09-11-2009, 02:26 PM
I have 2 questions.

1) If Monahans wins tonight, are the Mustang faithful gonna start missing Jackson and the wishbone.

2) What the heck IS a Lobo anyway?:confused:

Sweetwater Red
09-11-2009, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by tex_male
Before I leave @ 4 I was wondering how the weather is doing over that way.

Overcast and muggy all day. It should be pleasant and cool when
the sun goes down. That's if it doesn't rain, which it hasn't done
yet today.

Sweetwater Red
09-11-2009, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I have 2 questions.

1) If Monahans wins tonight, are the Mustang faithful gonna start missing Jackson and the wishbone.

Yeah, this was our stat line for passing last week.

4 for 19 for 32 yards with 3 ints.

Call it a work in progress.

westtxfballfan
09-11-2009, 02:57 PM
Your are correct. I remember saying at the time, Monahans was far and away the best team we played till we got to the semis. May have even been better than Westlake and Tomball. Had there been two divisions back then, both 4A state champs may have come out of that district.

I was a 16-year-old junior on the field for the '85 14-10 game, and that is still the most packed I've ever seen Monahans' stadium. Even in pregame as we were fielding punts, I remember the two sides trying to drown out each other with "No mo Lo -bo!" and "Big Red is Dead!" Couldn't hear my coach yelling at us 5 yards away. That was the most impressive crowd, night, etc. that I remember from HS sports.

STANG RED
09-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I have 2 questions.

I have 2 answers.

1) NO!!!

2) a maingy ol wild coyote, with that constant smell of wet dog. :D

tex_male
09-11-2009, 03:22 PM
ha ha ha ha ha ha

I am so laughing my butt off!

I know it is wrong of me but funny!

Snyder_TigerFan
09-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Yeah, this was our stat line for passing last week.

4 for 19 for 32 yards with 3 ints.

Call it a work in progress.

I would call it something else.

mustang04
09-11-2009, 04:39 PM
are ppl meeting at halftime???

wildstangs
09-11-2009, 04:55 PM
I have 2 answers.

1) NO!!!

2) a maingy ol wild coyote, with that constant smell of wet dog. :D

Absolutely. Who cares about winning 8 or 9 games a year when you can start 0-3. :)

Tweeder215
09-11-2009, 05:04 PM
I can't make it, wish I could. We're preparing for Rice this week, but I'll have it on my radio. I know the Loboes are pretty good but there is just something about playing in Sweetwater...and at Homecoming! I'm gonna say that it's 21-17. Sweetwater wins. We're going to jump out early, and have to hold off a late surge by the Hoboes....I mean...uh....Loboes. Ya that's it, Loboes. ;)

STANG RED
09-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Absolutely. Who cares about winning 8 or 9 games a year when you can start 0-3. :)

I'll take an 0-3 any day, when I can see the program finally headed in the right direction. Its not where you start that counts. Its where you finish. And I saw where the old scheme finished far too many times, and it always came up short.

IrishTex
09-11-2009, 06:18 PM
If anyone cares and can't get KXOX, I will be doing play-by-play from my blog at
http://lewp.wordpress.com/2009/09/11/mustang-football-open-post/

That way, I can save time just posting in one place.

:)

wtfootball
09-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Quickly touchdown Monahans, I will be the first to go on record and say Game Over!

wtfootball
09-11-2009, 07:54 PM
14-0 Monahans right now on track to score about every 5 minutes.

wtfootball
09-11-2009, 08:03 PM
Sweetwater was moving the ball but a big penalty killed them, Monahans 1st down after the punt.

wtfootball
09-11-2009, 08:15 PM
21-0 Monahans

loboes86
09-11-2009, 09:10 PM
Monahans 27 Sweetwater0 3rd quarter. 9:14 left in quarter

loboes86
09-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Sweetwater fumbles Monahans recovers,.

loboes86
09-11-2009, 09:32 PM
Monahans 41, Sweewater 0, still in 3rd quarter.

Sweetwater Red
09-11-2009, 09:35 PM
I tried to tell ya'll Monahans was gonna be good
this year. Lol

loboes86
09-11-2009, 09:43 PM
Monahans 48, Sweetwater 0, 4 th quarter.

wtfootball
09-11-2009, 09:47 PM
I would like to jump out there and say 49-0 since nobody would but I can't. I think the game will be keep away. Low scoring as most predict. I am revising my prediction to 28-7
Green.

Did I say that?????????

garciap77
09-11-2009, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by loboes86
Monahans 48, Sweetwater 0, 4 th quarter.

:(

wtfootball
09-11-2009, 10:01 PM
Backups now in for Monahans, Sweetwater should score but they just fumbled again, definitely having turnover problems this year. Everyone has their turn on the bad end of games like this. Good luck on rebuilding the Sweetwater Machine and I certainly look forward to more great west texas football games.

loboes86
09-11-2009, 10:05 PM
Final Monahans 48, Sweetwater 0.

Sweetwater Red
09-11-2009, 10:10 PM
Congrats to Monahans. Ya'll looked really good tonight.

wtfootball
09-11-2009, 10:17 PM
Looks to be a Sweetwater team learning a new system and in a rebuilding year, the real district season hasn't started for them yet and we wish them luck. Monahans looks very strong on both sides of the ball, reason for the big score is turnovers. Let's go get some Eagles...

Sweetwater Red
09-11-2009, 10:48 PM
Oh and...

Good to see you again westtxfballfan and meet your boy.

Remember Monahans this was just a meaningless
non-district game and you can't make up for being
dominated by a team with one lopsided win.
(Okay I was saving that just incase we lost badly :D )

Also, GO MICHIGAN!!! Salvage this weekend for me by
beating Notre Dame by the same score. :devil:

injuredinmelee
09-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Oh and...

I hop[e they put 1296569845645 points on ND.

injuredinmelee
09-11-2009, 11:22 PM
figured it would be best to change the subject...

blowfish
09-11-2009, 11:33 PM
Sweetwater Red... I will say a little prayer for ya cuz your football life must be miserable....dealing with the Mustangs and MICHIGAN!

I would extend my Buckeye hand to you and help you off the ground but I just cant do it. I have the urge to kick you while your down! :D

Good luck against ND!

Sweetwater Red
09-11-2009, 11:35 PM
Me and you both. Congrats on the win over Frenship btw.

Snyder_TigerFan
09-11-2009, 11:37 PM
Looks to be a Sweetwater team learning a new system and in a rebuilding year, the real district season hasn't started for them yet and we wish them luck. Monahans looks very strong on both sides of the ball, reason for the big score is turnovers. Let's go get some Eagles...

Oh and...

hmm.....OOOOUUUUUCCCCHHHH.

Call it whatever you want....rebuilding....learning a new system.....new coach....whatever. I call it talent is down this year and Jackson saw it coming. Sweetwater has scored 14 points in 3 games, and that was against a mediocre Seminole team.

blowfish
09-11-2009, 11:44 PM
Not to rub glass in a wound but I never saw Slaughter as the answer. AS great of a tradition and the money being spent on the Bowl I figure yall would get a more established coach. But you got to dance with the one you brung so I say good luck and see ya in district.

westtxfballfan
09-12-2009, 12:04 AM
Oh and...

Just pulled into Midland. Good to see you, too, Red. Good luck to the stangs the rest of the way.

wildstangs
09-12-2009, 12:14 AM
wow - big congrats to monahans. Hope sweetwater can get the turnover bug fixed. Sweetwater might only be favored in the Clyde and Breckenridge games from here on out.

Sweetwater Red
09-12-2009, 12:16 AM
Glad ya'll made it home safe. Sorry for the overzealous "gate keeper". Lol
Something will be done about that.

Z-RO
09-12-2009, 01:35 AM
Not for "I told you so" sakes, but I still do not know why this was choosen as the R1 game of the week? :confused: Who did not expect this outcome outside of the folks from SW?

STANG RED
09-12-2009, 12:21 PM
Well I might as well get this over with. Like I said long before the season even started, Monahans may weel be the best team in West Texas this season, and now that I have seen them play, they are no doubt very very good. Wylie would give them a good game, but I dont see anyone else standiing a chance. Titus can do it all and do it all very well. They were simply bigger, faster, and stronger at almost every position. And they ran their system like a well oiled machine. They remind me alot of what the Mustangs looked like back in the 80s. I'm not saying they'll win a state championship, but its sure going to take an excellent team and no mistakes to beat them.
I dont really think our new coach or new system had much to do with the performance last night. It was just a matter of a much better all around team betting the tar out of a weaker team. Its going to be a long season for the Mustangs for sure, but it really isnt anything I wasnt expecting. I was hopeful we were going to be much better than this, but at this point we simply arent very good, and just dont have enough athletes to be a whole lot better. I still think we will improve vastly as the season rolls on, but there is only so good we can expect to get. Its going to take 2 to 3 years to get everything clicking. I just hope the folks will stay patient in the mean time.

Scholar
09-12-2009, 12:21 PM

If you found out what he was smokin', go ahead and get you some too. Might help ya to make better predictions next week. Well done, Loboes.

Tres Lobos
09-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Good game by the loboes last night. It was good to see titus back on the field. Sweetwater has some speed in the backfield with number 1, but their line isn't that great and wear down by the 3rd and 4th quarter. I think if sweetwater gets some conditioning and cuts down on the turnovers they should be much improved by the end of the season.

P.S. We've been sayin since the end of last year, you better watch out for the Loboes :D

IrishTex
09-12-2009, 02:56 PM
Well I might as well get this over with. Like I said long before the season even started, Monahans may weel be the best team in West Texas this season, and now that I have seen them play, they are no doubt very very good. Wylie would give them a good game, but I dont see anyone else standiing a chance. Titus can do it all and do it all very well. They were simply bigger, faster, and stronger at almost every position. And they ran their system like a well oiled machine. They remind me alot of what the Mustangs looked like back in the 80s. I'm not saying they'll win a state championship, but its sure going to take an excellent team and no mistakes to beat them.
I dont really think our new coach or new system had much to do with the performance last night. It was just a matter of a much better all around team betting the tar out of a weaker team. Its going to be a long season for the Mustangs for sure, but it really isnt anything I wasnt expecting. I was hopeful we were going to be much better than this, but at this point we simply arent very good, and just dont have enough athletes to be a whole lot better. I still think we will improve vastly as the season rolls on, but there is only so good we can expect to get. Its going to take 2 to 3 years to get everything clicking. I just hope the folks will stay patient in the mean time.

Red,
This is exactly how I feel.
I spoke to Coach Slaughter yesterday, and he basically said the same thing.

I just hope we circle the wagons and dig in, and just be positive about Coach Slaughter and his staff... It's just gonna take some time.

20loboes10
09-12-2009, 02:58 PM
What a homecoming game for the Mustangs! I loved how the Sweetwater fans started leaving the game in the 3rd quarter and by the end of the game Monahans had almost twice as many fans on they're side.

ASUFrisbeeStud
09-12-2009, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
hmm.....OOOOUUUUUCCCCHHHH.

Call it whatever you want....rebuilding....learning a new system.....new coach....whatever. I call it talent is down this year and Jackson saw it coming. Sweetwater has scored 14 points in 3 games, and that was against a mediocre Seminole team.

I don't like admiting it, but I think you are 100% right.

On a side note, Jackson's new school is doing really well with their first JV season.

IrishTex
09-12-2009, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by 20loboes10
What a homecoming game for the Mustangs! I loved how the Sweetwater fans started leaving the game in the 3rd quarter and by the end of the game Monahans had almost twice as many fans on they're side.

That figures, they were dreading driving home on the rain...

:rolleyes:

Serously though, we admitted to getting our butt whooped...I don't guess you can really add to that, except to say the fans started getting out of the rain...

20loboes10
09-12-2009, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
That figures, they were dreading driving home on the rain...

:rolleyes:

Serously though, we admitted to getting our butt whooped...I don't guess you can really add to that, except to say the fans started getting out of the rain...

I will add that this Monahans team is VERY good. It is a senior led team and everyone of them remembered the lose they suffered last year. The Mustangs could not hold on to the ball and the rain didn't help when they tried to pass the ball. The Loboes had them by the throat at the end of the first half and did not let go. I hope they will have that same fire for every regular season game this year and carry it into the playoffs.

WTF-82
09-13-2009, 06:58 PM
Well I have been out of town left after the game to go to Amarillo but here is my opinion on the game. Loboes were great played with an intensity level that Sweetwater could not come close to. Loboes were big from the first play of the game and Stangs just could not find a way to stop Monahans. Loboes pretty much scored at will beautiful blocking great job of Titus running the team Monahans has lots of backs that can get the job done our starting TB 44 went out of the game in 2 series bruised ankle injury but the back ups were great were almost 3 deep at TB. Our FB 12 Denton is a hoss and played awesome. Defensively our kids were flying to the ball putting some serious hits on the Sweetwater QB,RB's it was fun to watch if your a Lobo. Sweetwater has great athletes but there offensive line is struggling at least against us and they are still struggling with the wide open offense I noticed time and time Receivers not sure on there routs. Good thing for the Stangs is if the kids stay together they will get better the wont beat a Wylie or the second place team prob Graham from that district but if they keep getting better they can cocmpete for 3rd spot with the "Wood,Snyder.
As for the Loboes lots of injuries right now our top receiver is probably our for the year Franks knee injury did not play against Sweetwater that hurts he has the best hands on the team.
Starting TB,Outside LB are out for about 4 weeks ,our Middle LB was banged up last friday Titus is back so hopefully we can get healthy so our kids can get some work total right now about 4 key starter that are having injury problems.

STANG RED
09-13-2009, 10:50 PM
Well I have been out of town left after the game to go to Amarillo but here is my opinion on the game. Loboes were great played with an intensity level that Sweetwater could not come close to. Loboes were big from the first play of the game and Stangs just could not find a way to stop Monahans. Loboes pretty much scored at will beautiful blocking great job of Titus running the team Monahans has lots of backs that can get the job done our starting TB 44 went out of the game in 2 series bruised ankle injury but the back ups were great were almost 3 deep at TB. Our FB 12 Denton is a hoss and played awesome. Defensively our kids were flying to the ball putting some serious hits on the Sweetwater QB,RB's it was fun to watch if your a Lobo. Sweetwater has great athletes but there offensive line is struggling at least against us and they are still struggling with the wide open offense I noticed time and time Receivers not sure on there routs. Good thing for the Stangs is if the kids stay together they will get better the wont beat a Wylie or the second place team prob Graham from that district but if they keep getting better they can cocmpete for 3rd spot with the "Wood,Snyder.
As for the Loboes lots of injuries right now our top receiver is probably our for the year Franks knee injury did not play against Sweetwater that hurts he has the best hands on the team.
Starting TB,Outside LB are out for about 4 weeks ,our Middle LB was banged up last friday Titus is back so hopefully we can get healthy so our kids can get some work total right now about 4 key starter that are having injury problems.

Luckily Monahans is in a very weak district, so your hurt players and alot of your starters will have time to heal and rest through much of your season. Yall should be able to go into the playoffs very fresh and ready to make a very deep run. I knew the Loboes were going to be an excellent team this year, and said many times that they might be the best in the Region. Well I'm certainly a believer now. Good Luck the rest of the way Loboes. I see several December ball games coming your way this season. So will yall most likely go D1 or D2? If you happen to go D1, I can only see Wylie giving you problems in that bracket from R1.
I sure hope to see Monahans in a playoff game or two at the Bowl this year. Yall have had some pretty good playoff wins there in the past.

Tres Lobos
09-14-2009, 08:41 AM
Luckily Monahans is in a very weak district, so your hurt players and alot of your starters will have time to heal and rest through much of your season. Yall should be able to go into the playoffs very fresh and ready to make a very deep run. I knew the Loboes were going to be an excellent team this year, and said many times that they might be the best in the Region. Well I'm certainly a believer now. Good Luck the rest of the way Loboes. I see several December ball games coming your way this season. So will yall most likely go D1 or D2? If you happen to go D1, I can only see Wylie giving you problems in that bracket from R1.
I sure hope to see Monahans in a playoff game or two at the Bowl this year. Yall have had some pretty good playoff wins there in the past.

We will most likely go D2. It sure would be nice to play in Sweetwater again! Very good playoff atmosphere stadium ;)