PDA

View Full Version : Devine @ Cuero

CueroDad08
09-06-2009, 11:34 AM
let's get this week started. Anyone know anything about Devine and how the Gobblers are going to match up?

XtremeCouture
09-06-2009, 12:55 PM
Last I heard devine ran a spread offense and had a hard hitting defense. From what I've heard in the past cuero folds when they get hit in the mouth so I expect a close game

IHStangFan
09-06-2009, 01:49 PM
LOL!!! I don't know about Cuero folding...that's just funny right there....BUT...

I suspect Devine to bring it.....I think they've got what it'll take to keep it close in the first half. I just don' t know about their depth and speed overall. Most Reg. IV teams don't match up well w/ Cuero for those two reasons.

I fully expect Cuero to win this one by 2-3TDs....but Devine will benefit from playing one of the tops teams in Reg. IV this week and take that experience w/ them into the playoffs

Johnny Utah
09-06-2009, 02:01 PM
Cuero should and will win big. 2nd round playoff game will be fun to watch!

Boomer
09-06-2009, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
Last I heard devine ran a spread offense and had a hard hitting defense. From what I've heard in the past cuero folds when they get hit in the mouth so I expect a close game

This is a different Cuero team that I have seen in a few years. They are mean and looking for someone to hit. At least that's what I saw at the Rio Hondo game.

Cuero might get hit in the mouth, but look out, they will come at you even harder. They are playing with a different kind of attitude than the years past. I say 41-17, Cuero wins!

Who did Devine play last week and what their record?

CueroDad08
09-06-2009, 05:07 PM

Just what we need at this point of season.

sinton66
09-06-2009, 11:03 PM
Devine isn't ready for Cuero this early in the season.

CueroDad08
09-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Cuero should and will win big. 2nd round playoff game will be fun to watch!

Looking a long way off? We are only in the 3rd week
Who did you have in mind in thise 2nd round playoff matchup?

pirate4state
09-07-2009, 07:27 PM
Cuero will be too much for Devine at home. I think Devine makes it an interesting half, but the Gobblers pull away in the 2nd half!

gobbler grad
09-07-2009, 07:28 PM
If they can keep Jackson in check, it will be close...but I don't think so...:thinking: Jackson has another good game and Arndt has several different receivers to throw too...will be a great game...can't wait for Friday...:clap: :clap:

44INAROW
09-07-2009, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
If they can keep Jackson in check, it will be close...but I don't think so...:thinking: Jackson has another good game and Arndt has several different receivers to throw too...will be a great game...can't wait for Friday...:clap: :clap:

GO MEAN GREEN ;)

crabman
09-07-2009, 10:30 PM
Jackson looks like a 5A senior running back. Speed is good. Balance is phenomenal. Hard to believe he is 3A sophomore running back.

Tyler looks like a man among boys. The only time Rio Hondo touched him was when a safety blitzed from the left side and his back was to the play. If he can see the defenders he just throws on the run. I am not sure how his receivers caught a couple of those passes. He has some smoke on them.

I know football is all about winning but I wish we could see Tyler throw more but on the other hand I wish we could see Trent run more. If we did not have Tyler, Trent could get 3,000 yards. If we did not have Trent, Tyler could throw for 4,000 yards. Instead Trent will rush for 2,000 and Tyler will throw for 2,500 or so.

After watching a little bit of Tyler there is no doubt in my mind that he needs to pick football over baseball. There are a hundred baseball players that can do the things he does on the field. There are a handful of football players who can do what he does on the field.

29-3aFAN
09-07-2009, 10:33 PM
Go gobblers!

Nursebetty
09-08-2009, 10:44 PM
I have to say my Gobblers will win, but i think it will come after a good game against Devine......with some good, healthy competition!!! GO MEAN GREEN!!!

SintonFan
09-08-2009, 11:26 PM
According to SA EX News:
Devine has a pretty good RB in

M. Lopez-
31 car. 261 yards 6 TDs for a 8.4 avg per

Lopez is ranked 2nd for TDs in the SA area

They have two guys w/ints on the secondary:

C. Campsey 1 int w/ no return yrds

M. Carson 1 int w/ 8 return yrds

The team is 3rd in the SA area offense with two games:
815 rushing
176 passing

991 total yrds

495.5 average per game

rushing offense avg: 407.5 yrds

passing offense avg: 88 yrds

They average 38 points per game

They have given up 37 points in two games:

An 18.5 average

No other stats are in the paper.:(

SintonFan
09-08-2009, 11:30 PM
If Devine can run on Cuero this game can be fairly close. I don't think they have seen this level of competition, though. Looking forward to this game Friday.:)

Boomer
09-08-2009, 11:38 PM
I'm with you crabman, Tyler needs to pick football.

teetle
09-09-2009, 01:04 PM
Cuero wilst go through the Devine Warhorses like corn through a goose. Cuero has got it going on.:D :D

XtremeCouture
09-09-2009, 02:08 PM
it will probably rain a lot so both teams will just run and combine for about 1000 yards rushing. cuero will have 300 and devine will have 700. 42-27 devine

44INAROW
09-09-2009, 02:32 PM
it will probably rain a lot so both teams will just run and combine for about 1000 yards rushing. cuero will have 300 and devine will have 700. 42-27 devine
you're still bootie hurt after all this time.. come on :doh: I am still trying to figure out why you continue to slam on Cuero - boggles the mind...:hand:

Boomer
09-09-2009, 02:38 PM

If it rains, it will be a little difficult to pass, just a little, depending on how much it rains. Can't wait for this game. If we can't pass, Trent alone will have around 300. Our other 3 backs will have around 150 a piece. 700 yrds, thats funny!;)

Gobbler Fan
09-09-2009, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
you're still bootie hurt after all this time.. come on :doh: I am still trying to figure out why you continue to slam on Cuero - boggles the mind...:hand:

lmao @ bootie hurt :clap:

XtremeCouture
09-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
what do you mean still? i just slam teams that everyone likes to make this board interesting.

44INAROW
09-09-2009, 03:02 PM
what do you mean still? i just slam teams that everyone likes to make this board interesting.
well then, carry on........ :evil:

Cowboy_Up
09-09-2009, 06:03 PM
... 42-27 devine...

R U crazy? Rule #1 on the down low...don't mess with Cuero:D

(Cuero 42- Devine 14)

maroogreen
09-09-2009, 10:00 PM
Let's be honest. Cuero is going to roll all over Devine. I will hazard a guess now that the defense scores at least twice in this game. That's not an insult to Devine; it's a compliment to the Cuero machine.

I'm not being a homer. It's just the way it is. Unfortunately, Cuero has difficulty scheduling predistrict games with heft (Bay City might be a good game) and currently there isn't much competition in the district. This hurts us in the playoffs when we do run into good loaded teams.

Personally, I'm hopeful that the two new Victoria schools will schedule Cuero in predistrict next year. If they are 4A, it shouldn't be an issue. :D

I am always amazed at the talent Cuero has and the manner in which success is indoctrinated into the players at a very young age. They don't get nervous before big games--they view it as their job. That, and "normal" parents have monster-sized children in some sort of genetic twist of fate. I blame the water supply.

SintonFan
09-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by maroogreen
That, and "normal" parents have monster-sized children in some sort of genetic twist of fate. I blame the water supply.
It's called "corn-fed country boys".;) :D

Nursebetty
09-10-2009, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Cowboy_Up
R U crazy? Rule #1 on the down low...don't mess with Cuero:D

(Cuero 42- Devine 14) Wow....Cowboy!........nice rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :clap:

Nursebetty
09-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Let's be honest. Cuero is going to roll all over Devine. I will hazard a guess now that the defense scores at least twice in this game. That's not an insult to Devine; it's a compliment to the Cuero machine.

I'm not being a homer. It's just the way it is. Unfortunately, Cuero has difficulty scheduling predistrict games with heft (Bay City might be a good game) and currently there isn't much competition in the district. This hurts us in the playoffs when we do run into good loaded teams.

Personally, I'm hopeful that the two new Victoria schools will schedule Cuero in predistrict next year. If they are 4A, it shouldn't be an issue. :D

I am always amazed at the talent Cuero has and the manner in which success is indoctrinated into the players at a very young age. They don't get nervous before big games--they view it as their job. That, and "normal" parents have monster-sized children in some sort of genetic twist of fate. I blame the water supply.

Yeah i agree..most times it said "Cuero has no competiton"...this is true..till we end up in the playoffs... I am very impressed with the talent, discipline, and integrity our players have. Not only on the field, but in the classroom as well. Maroon, i think you summed it up! :)

IHStangFan
09-10-2009, 11:36 AM
what do you mean still? i just slam teams that everyone likes to make this board interesting. It's not a popularity contest. It's got a lot more to do w/ Cuero earning respect w/ their performances on the field year in and year out.

swineflu
09-10-2009, 12:48 PM

EXACTLY