PDA

View Full Version : Texas beats LA - Monroe in a tough one 59 to 20!

PhiI C
09-05-2009, 10:01 PM
I told you it would be tougher than you thought. They scored 7 points in the last few minutes to score against Texas to close the gap when they were behind 59-13
Texas will suffer in the polls for only winning the game by 39 points. I don't know by how much.

Another thing is that you must remember I did listen to the game for the first 50 minutes and so I can tell you to not be fooled. It was close for a while there.

LHexPlayer
09-05-2009, 10:05 PM
ok:confused:

solocam
09-05-2009, 10:06 PM
Horns will stay at #2

Z-RO
09-05-2009, 10:08 PM
I ordered it on ppv, and trust me it was never close. Monroe kicked 2 FG's and had 1 TD on busted coverage (75 yards) and another one on the 2/3rd team backups.

Subtract 2 McGee fumbles and the score is even worse. The only thing I will say is that it did take McCoy a little bit to get going. Chiles had a solid game, and Gilbert looked inpressive in his one drive.

Muck played solid all game, and the defense didnt hardly blitz at all. About what I expected for the 1st game, this game could have been a lot more one sided if Mack would have allowed it.

IHStangFan
09-05-2009, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Z-RO
I ordered it on ppv, and trust me it was never close. Monroe kicked 2 FG's and had 1 TD on busted coverage (75 yards) and another one on the 2/3rd team backups.

Subtract 2 McGee fumbles and the score is even worse. The only thing I will say is that it did take McCoy a little bit to get going. Chiles had a solid game, and Gilbert looked inpressive in his one drive.

Muck played solid all game, and the defense didnt hardly blitz at all. About what I expected for the 1st game, this game could have been a lot more one sided if Mack would have allowed it. You'll have to excuse Phil....he is the master of over-dramatic passive sarcasm and contradicting the obvious for his own enjoyment. :D :p

On a slightly different note.....did Chris Whaley get any playing time?

IrishTex
09-05-2009, 10:21 PM
he is the master of over-dramatic passive sarcasm and contradicting the obvious for his own enjoyment

We MUST BE POLITICALLY CORRECT!!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

:D :D :D

Z-RO
09-05-2009, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
You'll have to excuse Phil....he is the master of over-dramatic passive sarcasm and contradicting the obvious for his own enjoyment. :D :p

On a slightly different note.....did Chris Whaley get any playing time?

Not one snap, but Calvin Howell had 2 personal fouls :p.

I came off very impressed with DJ Monroe and that is excluding his kickoff return for a TD.

IHStangFan
09-05-2009, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
We MUST BE POLITICALLY CORRECT!!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

:D :D :D :clap: LOL!!!! Nice!!

IHStangFan
09-05-2009, 10:26 PM
Not one snap, but Calvin Howell had 2 personal fouls :p.

I came off very impressed with DJ Monroe and that is excluding his kickoff return for a TD. With the OU loss.....dare I say the class of the Big12 South this year will be Texas and OSU? LOL.

And this coming from an Aggie fan! LOL.

SWMustang
09-05-2009, 10:29 PM
The line was 41 so that last touchdown helped me in my college pick 'em contest - I got it right!

Z-RO
09-05-2009, 10:29 PM
I think so; I believe they will both be undefeated when they play each other on Halloween. Okie state didn’t look that impressive, but at least they beat their ranked opponent unlike their instate counter part.

Z-RO
09-05-2009, 10:35 PM
And while I am thinking about it Dan Buckner played lights out as well.

eagleqb_14
09-06-2009, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
I told you it would be tougher than you thought. They scored 7 points in the last few minutes to score against Texas to close the gap when they were behind 59-13
Texas will suffer in the polls for only winning the game by 39 points. I don't know by how much.

Another thing is that you must remember I did listen to the game for the first 50 minutes and so I can tell you to not be fooled. It was close for a while there. i was at the game texas pu all their 2nd and 3rd strings in at the end.

Electus Unus
09-06-2009, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
With the OU loss.....dare I say the class of the Big12 South this year will be Texas and OSU? LOL.

And this coming from an Aggie fan! LOL. Don't leave out Baylor!

Simple Man
09-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Okie State win is much more impressive than Texas. At least they opened with a decent opponent. I wish Texas the best but they need to start upgrading the schedule.

eagles_victory
09-06-2009, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Simple Man
Okie State win is much more impressive than Texas. At least they opened with a decent opponent. I wish Texas the best but they need to start upgrading the schedule. Why? Look what it did for OU yesterday.

charlesrixey
09-06-2009, 03:29 PM
Shipley had 180 yards and a TD receiving

he was rediculous

i'm glad he was able to get a medical redshirt-the offense is looking pretty good with him helping out

Rocket
09-06-2009, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C

Another thing is that you must remember I did listen to the game for the first 50 minutes and so I can tell you to not be fooled. It was close for a while there.

Are you serious? LOL Tougher than you thought? There was no doubt who the better team was EVER. Not one second did UT or their fans fear losing this one. They will not suffer at all in the polls.

Is the sky falling today?

Think about changing your username to Chicken Little.

Rocket
09-06-2009, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
Shipley had 180 yards and a TD receiving

he was rediculous

i'm glad he was able to get a medical redshirt-the offense is looking pretty good with him helping out

Can't wait to see Jaxon get let loose on District 2-3A.

Oh man...

Rocket
09-06-2009, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Why? Look what it did for OU yesterday.

OU sucks no matter who they play.

45-35.

themsu97
09-06-2009, 08:01 PM
[

I came off very impressed with DJ Monroe and that is excluding his kickoff return for a TD. [/B][/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed the 3 years I had the privaledge to coach that kid... he is a phenominal kid and a great athlete... 1st touch...89 yard ko return... could not be prouder...
I coached him on how to be really fast:rolleyes: ;) :cool:

Electus Unus
09-06-2009, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by themsu97

I really enjoyed the 3 years I had the privaledge to coach that kid... he is a phenominal kid and a great athlete... 1st touch...89 yard ko return... could not be prouder...
I coached him on how to be really fast:rolleyes: ;) :cool: hopefully he can keep his grades up and not rip off a 0.0 GPA

sinton66
09-06-2009, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Are you serious? LOL Tougher than you thought? There was no doubt who the better team was EVER. Not one second did UT or their fans fear losing this one. They will not suffer at all in the polls.

Is the sky falling today?

You haven't been here long enough to figure Phil out. He is our designated worry-wart. He does these things just so the rest of us can relax and enjoy the games.:D

PhiI C
09-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Rocket

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m__B3abMJQA

sinton66
09-06-2009, 10:42 PM
LOL

injuredinmelee
09-07-2009, 09:59 AM
and dont forget Phil that Wyoming this week could beat us. THey are the best team in the country that no one is talkign about.

Rocket
09-07-2009, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
You haven't been here long enough to figure Phil out. He is our designated worry-wart. He does these things just so the rest of us can relax and enjoy the games.:D

GOTCHA... lol

TheDOCTORdre
09-07-2009, 12:00 PM
I think so; I believe they will both be undefeated when they play each other on Halloween. Okie state didn’t look that impressive, but at least they beat their ranked opponent unlike their instate counter part.

I have to disagree, Okie lite looked impressively unimpressive, when you consider how the offense struggled and yet the defense played well, if the offense gets clicking like it well should, and the defense plays at least as well as they did on saturday, it should be a great season for the Cowboys

Emerson1
09-09-2009, 07:14 PM
I want to see DJ Monroe

and any UT fans know if the players with academic issues have them cleared up yet?