PDA

View Full Version : No National Tittle for OU this year

Looking4number8
09-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Wow, lost to BYU and Bradford got hurt, not a good way to start your season

PhiI C
09-05-2009, 09:31 PM
Yes but remember last year they lost to Texas even later and still played in the bCS NC game. We must be careful.

PhiI C
09-05-2009, 09:32 PM
And we also have to remember that Oklahoma only lost because Sam Bradford got hurt.

Looking4number8
09-05-2009, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Yes but remember last year they lost to Texas even later and still played in the bCS NC game. We must be careful.

agreeed but the loss to Texas is not as devistating as a loss to BYU

Daddy D 11
09-05-2009, 09:34 PM
And we also have to remember that Oklahoma only lost because Sam Bradford got hurt.

Negative, they only mustered ONE TD in the first half WITH Bradford. I don't care who's behind center, with that weak of a left side of your O line...anyone is gonna get tore up. Landry did the best he could..

Txbroadcaster
09-05-2009, 09:34 PM
This wont end OU chances at all..first I doubt the polls drop them to far(10-14 range), second they lost to a ranked team and third the Bradford injury will give voters the well if he played they win argument

NOW this all depends on Bradford's health of course

turbostud
09-05-2009, 09:36 PM

#3 in the country has to be able to beat #20 in the country with their backup QB. Not a good showing by OU.

Daddy D 11
09-05-2009, 09:38 PM
Are people forgetting that when he left the game inside one minute in the half it was still SEVEN TO SEVEN? It's not like OU was moving the ball with Bradford, I really thought that they might lose with Bradford anyways.

BYU just brought it tonight, the OU defense did as well but the BYU defense was better in the clutch. Give it to Bronco and his boys, don't say it's because of Bradford.

Gobbler Fan
09-05-2009, 09:40 PM
Im still laughing :evillol:

BOOOOMERRR .....*chirp chirp*

trojan37
09-05-2009, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Are people forgetting that when he left the game inside one minute in the half it was still SEVEN TO SEVEN? It's not like OU was moving the ball with Bradford, I really thought that they might lose with Bradford anyways.

BYU just brought it tonight, the OU defense did as well but the BYU defense was better in the clutch. Give it to Bronco and his boys, don't say it's because of Bradford.

That blitzing by BYU had the OU line thrown off. Bradford was getting run over from the start.

PhiI C
09-05-2009, 09:44 PM
But Bradford is experience. With him in there the last second kick is much closer.

Daddy D 11
09-05-2009, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
That blitzing by BYU had the OU line thrown off. Bradford was getting run over from the start.

The left side of OU's line is HORRIBLE. When they weren't feeding their QB to the wolves, they were committing huge holding penalties. I said tons of times coming into the season that losing those O-Line members was gonna be huge and it showed tonight, in the first game of the year, in the first half, against BYU. Didn't take long.

PhiI C
09-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Remember - I know things about football. I have watched it for over half a century. Therefore I have an extra better feel for situations.

Daddy D 11
09-05-2009, 09:46 PM
But Bradford is experience. With him in there the last second kick is much closer.

With the BYU kicker NOT shanking the kickoff, they don't even get close. I know Bradford is a complete stud, but in this game, on this night, he wasn't doing much..for whatever reason? With him or without him in the second quarter I was telling my buddies I thought BYU would win.

WildTexan972
09-05-2009, 09:48 PM
Boomer Choker!

now if zero U can beat the steer worshippers in Dallas I can laugh at them as well....it is setting up to be a great year....

Z-RO
09-05-2009, 09:49 PM
I just got finished watching the Texas game, but I kept tabs on the Oklahoma game as well. I have to agree with Daddy D 11 100%

PhiI C
09-05-2009, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Z-RO
I just got finished watching the Texas game, but I kept tabs on the Oklahoma game as well. I have to agree with Daddy D 11 100%

What was the final score. It needs to be posted so I can have another gloat on my fantastic analysis.

Rocket
09-05-2009, 09:51 PM
OU SUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS!!!!

Daddy D 11
09-05-2009, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
OU SUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Z-RO
09-05-2009, 09:55 PM
59-20

sinton66
09-05-2009, 10:10 PM
What's a National Tittle?

Z-RO
09-05-2009, 10:12 PM
its another thing OU will not be winning :p

IrishTex
09-05-2009, 10:29 PM
It was the Mormons over the Normans

navscanmaster
09-05-2009, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
It was the Mormons over the Normans :clap: :p

cshscougar08
09-05-2009, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
It was the Mormons over the Normans

Well we go to heaven when we die. They don't. I believe we win in the end.

STANG RED
09-05-2009, 11:53 PM
I would have posted earlier, but I've been laughing way too hard to type. LOL sure didnt take ol Blow U long to screw this season up. Well at least we wont have to see them get whipped in the NC game once again.

eagles_victory
09-06-2009, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Well we go to heaven when we die. They don't. I believe we win in the end. seriously? such a lame response bringing up religion.

cshscougar08
09-06-2009, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
seriously? such a lame response bringing up religion.

Take a joke dude. We played horribly tonight. We lost. We move one. Next please.

Boomer
09-06-2009, 02:14 AM
Heck, they didn't deserve to be there last year! I know that's old news, but it's the truth.

CueroDad08
09-06-2009, 08:45 AM
The left side of OU's line is HORRIBLE. When they weren't feeding their QB to the wolves, they were committing huge holding penalties. I said tons of times coming into the season that losing those O-Line members was gonna be huge and it showed tonight, in the first game of the year, in the first half, against BYU. Didn't take long.

I have to agree with Daddy D 100% on this one. Picture that "O" line going against Okie State or Texas.

CueroDad08
09-06-2009, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Take a joke dude. We played horribly tonight. We lost. We move one. Next please.

It is easy for you to say "We LOST" "We move on" We are talking about the ol mighty OU against BYU. This will hurt for awhile.

Simple Man
09-06-2009, 12:05 PM
BYU has a pretty good program. They're program is better than probably 80% of the programs in the Big 12. They could compete every year for the Big 12 North title. Besides Texas and Oklahoma, no other team in the Big 12 South would stand out over them each and every year. And after last night, we know that they can compete with just about anybody on any given night.

Macarthur
09-06-2009, 12:09 PM
I'm wondering if Stoops has lost a little of his mojo?

Daddy D 11
09-06-2009, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Simple Man
BYU has a pretty good program. They're program is better than probably 80% of the programs in the Big 12. They could compete every year for the Big 12 North title. Besides Texas and Oklahoma, no other team in the Big 12 South would stand out over them each and every year. And after last night, we know that they can compete with just about anybody on any given night.

They're around, or maybe a little under Tech and Okie Lite. Yes they played their asses off last night and impressed me tremendously, but every year they lose games in the Mountain West? I mean come on. I know you said the North, but I'd put Nebraska and Mizzou up against 'em everyday and feel good about my chances. BYU is a great program but just watch, they'll lose a game this year that'll make you scratch your head, they do it every year.

If Tech and Okie Lite lose games, or Nebraska or Mizzou lose games, it'll most likely be to oher Big 12 schools that are far better than MWC teams. I would say that they would be the 4-5 or maybe 5-6 best team in the big 12.

Electus Unus
09-06-2009, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
What's a National Tittle? I think its a mixture of this...

http://www.georgiaencyclopedia.org/media_content/m-8194.jpghttp://www.breakitdownblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/boobs.jpg

cshscougar08
09-06-2009, 01:37 PM
They're around, or maybe a little under Tech and Okie Lite. Yes they played their asses off last night and impressed me tremendously, but every year they lose games in the Mountain West? I mean come on. I know you said the North, but I'd put Nebraska and Mizzou up against 'em everyday and feel good about my chances. BYU is a great program but just watch, they'll lose a game this year that'll make you scratch your head, they do it every year.

If Tech and Okie Lite lose games, or Nebraska or Mizzou lose games, it'll most likely be to oher Big 12 schools that are far better than MWC teams. I would say that they would be the 4-5 or maybe 5-6 best team in the big 12.

Who did they lose to last year that made you scratch your head? They got blitzed by TCU who was better and Utah who was way better. Then flopped in their bowl game. They are a WAY better team than Tech, mainly cause they have this thing called a defense that Tech knows nothing about. They would be a top 4 Big 12 team.

cshscougar08
09-06-2009, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
It is easy for you to say "We LOST" "We move on" We are talking about the ol mighty OU against BYU. This will hurt for awhile.

There are more important things in life than wins and losses. It hurt yes, but I'm ready for next week. It is easy for me to say. And easy to act on it too. The sting is gone. Idaho St. on Saturday in the home opener. Let's get ready.

Simple Man
09-06-2009, 01:59 PM
All I am saying is that it is not humiliating to lose to BYU. They would be very competitive in the Big 12. I would put them right there in a group with OSU, Missouri, Nebraska, and Texas Tech. Year in and year out they would win some of those games and lose some of those games. They proved last night that they can beat OU and if I remember correctly they beat Texas the last time they played them. It has been a few years though.