PDA

View Full Version : What a nutty start to the College Football season

IHStangFan
09-05-2009, 09:26 PM
A&M wins 41-6 over NM
OU loses to BYU 14/13
Okie State beats UGA
Baylor beats Wake

There's a brawl in the 1st game ......of "Sportsmanship Week" no less......

Wonder what else week 1 has in store for us?!

OUTSTANDING Week 1 so far!!

Daddy D 11
09-05-2009, 09:27 PM
AND Bama and Va Tech are locked in a tight one right now.

Txbroadcaster
09-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
A&M wins 41-6 over NM
OU loses to BYU 14/13
Okie State beats UGA
Baylor beats Wake

There's a brawl in the 1st game ......of "Sportsmanship Week" no less......

Wonder what else week 1 has in store for us?!

OUTSTANDING Week 1 so far!!

other than BYU and the Oregon situation none of the other u listed imo is "nutty"

IHStangFan
09-05-2009, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
AND Bama and Va Tech are locked in a tight one right now. DANG!!! What next....LSU gonna go down to the Huskies!?

turbostud
09-05-2009, 09:29 PM
Okie St beatin Georgia is nothing big. They were ranked higher than Georgia.

IHStangFan
09-05-2009, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
other than BYU and the Oregon situation none of the other u listed imo is "nutty" and that's your opinion Txb...which I respect....but in the natural order of things....a usually middle of the road Big 12 team doesn't beat one of the historically top SEC teams for starters....I do realize OSU has been on the upswing as of late....but still. Baylor/Wake...okay...I'll give you that one....and A&M won last year against NM 28-22....then come back the next year, 11+ freshmen get significant playing time...and they win 41-6...I'd say that's pretty "nutty" given their track record last year.

Txbroadcaster
09-05-2009, 09:51 PM
and that's your opinion Txb...which I respect....but in the natural order of things....a usually middle of the road Big 12 team doesn't beat one of the historically top SEC teams for starters....I do realize OSU has been on the upswing as of late....but still. Baylor/Wake...okay...I'll give you that one....and A&M won last year against NM 28-22....then come back the next year, 11+ freshmen get significant playing time...and they win 41-6...I'd say that's pretty "nutty" given their track record last year.

OSU have all their skills guys back..UGA lost theirs. OSU ranked higher and the game was at home..I actually think UGA was in the game alot longer than I thought they would be.

Daddy D 11
09-05-2009, 09:53 PM
OSU have all their skills guys back..UGA lost theirs. OSU ranked higher and the game was at home..I actually think UGA was in the game alot longer than I thought they would be.

Well good.

IHStangFan
09-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Upset #2 in the making?

Washington is up early on LSU 7-0. LSU knocking though. GO HUSKIES!!

Daddy D 11
09-05-2009, 10:00 PM
Upset #2 in the making?

Washington is up early on LSU 7-0. LSU knocking though. GO HUSKIES!!

My roommate put 20 on that game saying Washington would win lmao

I hope it does, he says he "feels it"

IHStangFan
09-05-2009, 10:01 PM
OSU have all their skills guys back..UGA lost theirs. OSU ranked higher and the game was at home..I actually think UGA was in the game alot longer than I thought they would be. Yes Txb....I get that....I get that THIS YEAR it's not much of a surprise.....but in the grand scheme of things on the College Football landscape....this is not a normal thing. That was my point.

Txbroadcaster
09-05-2009, 10:01 PM
Yes Txb....I get that....I get that THIS YEAR it's not much of a surprise.....but in the grand scheme of things on the College Football landscape....this is not a normal thing. That was my point.

got ya

PhiI C
09-05-2009, 10:09 PM
Don't be fooled. LSU and Alabama are going to win. You can only have so many upsets in one day. Remember I know these things - I have been watching football for over half a century.

IHStangFan
09-05-2009, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
My roommate put 20 on that game saying Washington would win lmao

I hope it does, he says he "feels it" LOL...well I hope he's right!! :clap: