PDA

View Full Version : Texas A&M vs New Mexico

navscanmaster
09-05-2009, 07:16 PM
Aggies leading 17-0 with a few left in the first half. New Mexico just fumbled away at their own 28. Aggie passing game looking pretty good so far, with Jeff Fuller, Uzoma (can't spell his last name) and Ryan Tannehill making some good catches. Cyrus Gray and Christine Michael have had some good runs as well.

To this point, A&M has 37 plays for 250 yards.

navscanmaster
09-05-2009, 07:19 PM
Randy Bullock 2/2 on FG attempts, after intentional grounding by Jerrod Johnson spoils offensive series. TAMU 20, UNM 0.

1:56 left in the first half.

navscanmaster
09-05-2009, 07:34 PM
New Mexico drives down to a first and goal at the three. A&M doesn't allow any gain, and NM gets a field goal. End of first half

A&M 20
UNM 3

IHStangFan
09-05-2009, 07:56 PM
Penalties have really hurt the Ags so far. They got off to a sloppy start. The D has held NM in check however.

They just said that A&M played 10 true freshmen in the 1st half including Christine Michael at RB. He was the leading rusher in the 1st half w/ 58yds.

I think the Ags are probably still a year away from where they wanna be, but all in all, they've played alright.

GO AGS!!

IHStangFan
09-05-2009, 08:17 PM
Former Navasota WR Brandal Jackson in the game and has his first reception as an Aggie!! :clap:

IHStangFan
09-05-2009, 08:55 PM
Ags 41
NM 6

LOTS of true freshmen getting playing time tonight including Brandal Jackson and Christine Michael.

Ags have 549yds total offense so far. I know it's New Mexico and all...but appears to be a vast improvement over last year.

:clap:

gobbler grad
09-05-2009, 09:06 PM
great start Aggies...:clap:

navscanmaster
09-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Former Navasota WR Brandal Jackson in the game and has his first reception as an Aggie!! :clap:

:clap: :) :clap:

IHStangFan
09-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
:clap: :) :clap: He played real well tonight as did all of the Ags. The 1st Q was shaky, but then they got on track. Great job Ags!

IrishTex
09-05-2009, 09:47 PM
Dang,
There has got to be a better way for me to locate games on cable....

Maybe I need a channel guide??

What channel is this game on?

Oh wait, by the time I find the channel, the game will be over i bet..

:rolleyes:

Go Ags...

IHStangFan
09-05-2009, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
Dang,
There has got to be a better way for me to locate games on cable....

Maybe I need a channel guide??

What channel is this game on?

Oh wait, by the time I find the channel, the game will be over i bet..

:rolleyes:

Go Ags... I don't think it was televised.....I listened to it on aggieathletics.com.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-05-2009, 10:17 PM
WE'RE BACK.

And before everyone says it, I know this is the beginning of the season and we played UNM, but we are a lot better team than we were last year. We still have a lot to improve upon, but we are very determined to do it.

IHStangFan
09-05-2009, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
WE'RE BACK.

And before everyone says it, I know this is the beginning of the season and we played UNM, but we are a lot better team than we were last year. We still have a lot to improve upon, but we are very determined to do it. :clap: There is absolutely no doubt that the team is much more "on the same page" than last year. Much more focus and execution out there today based on what I listened to.....I was very impressed. Also really impressed w/ some of the young guys as well.

WAY TO GO AGS!!

BobcatBenny
09-05-2009, 10:29 PM
WE'RE BACK.

And before everyone says it, I know this is the beginning of the season and we played UNM, but we are a lot better team than we were last year. We still have a lot to improve upon, but we are very determined to do it.
Well ... congrats.

My Aggie buddy and I are still going to Lubbock to watch A&M walk away with another L.

I hope it is close and Tech kicks a last second field goal to win it. Those are the best ... and are the most fun.

I love that long drive home from Lubbock where I get to talk about how awesome A&M's music program is. :D

navscanmaster
09-05-2009, 10:34 PM
WE'RE BACK.

Originally posted by another hater
My Aggie buddy and I are still going to Lubbock to watch A&M walk away with another L. I hope it is close and Tech kicks a last second field goal to win it. Those are the best ... and are the most fun. I love that long drive home from Lubbock where I get to talk about how awesome A&M's music program is.

AND THEY'RE BACK!!!:mad: :hand:

blaster
09-05-2009, 10:52 PM
WHOOP!

IHStangFan
09-05-2009, 11:00 PM
AND THEY'RE BACK!!!:mad: :hand: "Originally posted by aggie hater" LMAO!!! :D

BobcatBenny
09-06-2009, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
"Originally posted by aggie hater" LMAO!!! :D
:D :clap:

zebrablue2
09-06-2009, 08:47 AM
WE'RE BACK.

keep up the good work, and congrats:2thumbsup

1st and goal
09-06-2009, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
I love that long drive home from Lubbock where I get to talk about how awesome A&M's music program is. :D

I know you put a smiley face but I'll tell you like I tell others. 99% of individuals who make fun of the corp band not only couldn't walk in their boots for a day, they also couldn't carry their underwear from the washer to the dryer...I'll finish with a smiley too so you can go get some more tortillas....:D

GetRDoneStangs
09-06-2009, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
I know you put a smiley face but I'll tell you like I tell others. 99% of individuals who make fun of the corp band not only couldn't walk in their boots for a day, they also couldn't carry their underwear from the washer to the dryer...I'll finish with a smiley too so you can go get some more tortillas....:D

True, but they can carry a goal post and jam it into the stands!!

:D :D :D

CHS_CG
09-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Gary i didnt get to listen to the game.. did you play at all?

OldBison75
09-06-2009, 05:14 PM
An Aggie Fan I'm not.

My favorite teams are Texas and anybody playing Oklahoma, but I will give a great big congratulations to the Aggies for the win. There were many positives that I saw in the game and foremost was the contributions to success by freshmen and sophmores. The team seems to have finally grasped the Sherman offense and the defense looked pretty sound compared to many times last year.

If this group of young men gets a little confidence rolling on thier side, they will be a tough opponent in the Big 12. I still think they are a couple of years from being a true title contender, but they can play the role of major spoiler this year. The talent level is there to make some big plays on both sides of the ball, the problem will be the youth and consistency to make every play count. Youth will make some mistakes, but they have the talent to play well in this conference.

And, regardless of my being a fan of Texas, the Aggies having a quality team is good for Big 12 football and thier tradition and fan base makes playing them an exciting game every time.

Good luck and continue to improve Ags.

IrishTex
09-06-2009, 05:54 PM
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d149/LewP/8531_1111647470790_1214993822_30295.jpg

navscanmaster
09-06-2009, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d149/LewP/8531_1111647470790_1214993822_30295.jpg

That's been there for a long time now, LOL!!!

Edit: I didn't see the '13. That is the same one that is on the west side of SH 6 going to Waco, right?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-06-2009, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Gary i didnt get to listen to the game.. did you play at all?

No. Injured.

IrishTex
09-06-2009, 08:03 PM
That's been there for a long time now, LOL!!!

Edit: I didn't see the '13. That is the same one that is on the west side of SH 6 going to Waco, right?

Yes sir...it is...