PDA

View Full Version : Jasper?

jdawg2012
09-05-2009, 04:14 PM
After seeing Jasper's performance against Kirbyville, do you think that coach Bickham's quote about being better every week is valid? And if so, will it continue?

OldBison75
09-05-2009, 04:22 PM
Even though Jasper lost the opener to Gilmer, they proved that they have the talent to play with the best. They might have dropped off after a good start in that game, but they went toe to toe for a long time.

The Kirbyville win was a big win for the Jasper program and will build alot of confidence in the players and thier belief in the coaches and program. Jasper never lacks for athletes and talent, it is more often a confidence and determination issue when they falter.

Jasper will get better each week and will be a tough opponent for any team they face. Believe that this is a coaching staff that will have the Dogs prepared every week and will keep the program on track. Look for good things in the future for this team.

WOS87
09-05-2009, 04:41 PM
WO-S has quite the gauntlet ahead of them what with a POed Kirbyville team up next followed by a confident Jasper team who will have two weeks to prepare for us.

I'm honestly happy to see Jasper doing well!

Good luck!

Hupernikomen
09-05-2009, 05:42 PM
Jasper's game against WO-S will go a long way in showing them just what expect for the rest of this year. A win would be great but a good showing is pivotal if they want to make any noise in R-III this year.

j_dog
09-06-2009, 11:12 AM
I am cautiously optimistic that Jasper will do very well this season. Coach Bickham has brought some magic with him to the "out of talent Dogs". I for one never bought that story that all the talent had graduated.

If nothing else, Bickham has brought enthusiasm back to the program. Check out this video of the Kirbyville game and the interview with Bickham. He seems as excited as if he had just coached his first game.

http://video.kfdm.com/m/26185340/jasper-tops-kirbyville-31-22.htm

navscanmaster
09-06-2009, 04:35 PM
Have all the short, slow, stubby, T-Rex armed linemen graduated?:spitlol: :1popcorn:

j_dog
09-06-2009, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Have all the short, slow, stubby, T-Rex armed linemen graduated?:spitlol: :1popcorn:
no, they did not. we have plenty of those types. that is what WE call talent. :D it is the best we can do, but we try. :( but look what they did to KV! :D think what we could do if we just had some regular guys. :cool:

OldBison75
09-06-2009, 05:19 PM
JDog, a couple of years ago the Navasota Rattlers had to play against those T-Rex armed lineman and they gave us some real fits. That was one of the most exciting games I have seen in a long time.

If this group of lineman, short-armed or long-armed , have the type talent that Jasper usually has, they will cause alot of headaches for any team. It seem that the new program is working well in Dog land and the team seems to respond well to the coaching staff. From what i know, if the kids buy into that program, they will win alot of games.

Good luck in the next game and for the rest of the season. I hope that Jasper can find it's way back to the top tier of the state football programs.

j_dog
09-06-2009, 05:50 PM
OldBison, thank you for the comments. This coach already has two trips to the state finals on his record. I think folks are already beginning to see why. He is surely opening my eyes. And he is doing it with T-Rex!

Jasper is off this week, but then they play WOS in Jasper. It may be hard to find a seat! :) Perhaps it should be the Game of the Week.

navscanmaster
09-06-2009, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
Perhaps it should be the Game of the Week.

Ditto.:)

JHS_c/o_06'
09-06-2009, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster

I want a nickle every time someone uses " T-Rex arms" in reference to the Jasper linemen. I coined it. I want roalties.

LE Dad
09-06-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
I want a nickle every time someone uses " T-Rex arms" in reference to the Jasper linemen. I coined it. I want roalties. Thats funny...You should get paid.lol:D

j_dog
09-06-2009, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
I want a nickle every time someone uses " T-Rex arms" in reference to the Jasper linemen. I coined it. I want roalties.
and how about the four foot receivers? :thinking:

OldBison75
09-06-2009, 11:06 PM
I have no idea where the terms were originated, but I remember very well that they were used over and over by Jasper faithful during the playoffs in 2007. I laughed my butt off until I saw them play and then found that those very guys that were being talked about might not really have short arms, but they attacked like a T-Rex.

If you coined the phrase, I bow down to your wisdom and humor OH GREAT ONE!!!!!!

j_dog
09-06-2009, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
I have no idea where the terms were originated, but I remember very well that they were used over and over by Jasper faithful during the playoffs in 2007. I laughed my butt off until I saw them play and then found that those very guys that were being talked about might not really have short arms, but they attacked like a T-Rex.

If you coined the phrase, I bow down to your wisdom and humor OH GREAT ONE!!!!!!
It is true, 06 coined "T-Rex". He is the man! :clap:

I laughed also because so many posters seemed to believe that stuff. :) Now they will forever be T-Rex, but you said it best "but they attacked like a T-Rex".
:clap: I think KV got a bit of that treatment Friday night.

Hupernikomen
09-06-2009, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75

That was an exciting game. 1st half it was mostly Jasper and 2nd half Pratt put on a clinic on defense and Navasota steamrolled the Dogs.

waterboy
09-07-2009, 08:14 PM
Like I said earlier, Jasper Will make the playoffs in their district if they continue to improve. I wouldn't be surprised to see them win second in District 18AAA. As a matter of fact, I think they will, with their only loss being a close one to Carthage. Just my opinion. That would send Carthage down to D2, wouldn't it?

Aesculus gilmus
09-08-2009, 07:53 AM
Jasper made the playoffs last year, so I don't think it should be viewed as a surprise if they do so this year.

The shocker would be if they DIDN'T make the playoffs. All they have to is finish ahead of Diboll (just got plastered, 62-20, by the same KV team the Dawgs just beat), Center and Huntington.

j_dog
09-08-2009, 10:51 AM
Didn't Center just beat 4a Nacogdoches? And Diboll beat highly touted Silsbee. 18-3a is shaping up as possibly a very tough district this year. Can't take anything for granted.

waterboy
09-08-2009, 12:57 PM
Actually, Center lost to Nacogdoches by 1 point, 28-27, but they look a lot better this year than last. I wouldn't be surprised to see Center take the 3rd spot in that district, with Carthage and Jasper taking the other spots.