PDA

View Full Version : Real funny Ohio joke....

coach
09-05-2009, 02:58 PM
when ppl from ohio think their football is as good as football in texas....now thats a joke

LE Dad
09-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by coach
when ppl from ohio think their football is as good as football in texas....now thats a joke AMEN:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

blowfish
09-05-2009, 05:12 PM
I am not from Ohio. I did play Jr. High and my Freshman year of High School in Ohio. Played three years and was a 2 year letterman and starter at Abilene High when we were still known as the Little Southwest Conference.

So I do know about a thimble full of Football. Texas High School By faris dominating over Ohio in High School Football. College however be carefull you might be a little surprised how well Ohio State has done against the then SWC and now Big 12 south.

Most recently OSU is 50/50 against Texas and last time I looked I think we are ahead in National Champioships and Heisman trophies. But I coulod be wrong I did learn to read over seas so I could be mistaken.

LE Dad
09-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by blowfish
I am not from Ohio. I did play Jr. High and my Freshman year of High School in Ohio. Played three years and was a 2 year letterman and starter at Abilene High when we were still known as the Little Southwest Conference.

So I do know about a thimble full of Football. Texas High School By faris dominating over Ohio in High School Football. College however be carefull you might be a little surprised how well Ohio State has done against the then SWC and now Big 12 south.

Most recently OSU is 50/50 against Texas and last time I looked I think we are ahead in National Champioships and Heisman trophies. But I coulod be wrong I did learn to read over seas so I could be mistaken. :thinking: I believe this post refers to the Ohio v Texas high school games taking place Monday.

PhiI C
09-06-2009, 06:52 PM

Most recently OSU is 50/50 against Texas and last time I looked I think we are ahead in National Champioships and Heisman trophies. But I coulod be wrong I did learn to read over seas so I could be mistaken.

The thing is from the early 1900s until the 1960s Ohio State and the Big 10 and Notre Dame got many of the NCs based on reputation rather than on field competition. It was once said that as long as Notre Dame or the Big 10 had a team with the perfect record no one else had a shot at the NC.

LE Dad
09-06-2009, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
The thing is from the early 1900s until the 1960s Ohio State and the Big 10 and Notre Dame got many of the NCs based on reputation rather than on field competition. It was once said that as long as Notre Dame or the Big 10 had a team with the perfect record no one else had a shot at the NC. :clap: :clap: Phil, you are the MAN. :clap: :clap:

Electus Unus
09-06-2009, 08:12 PM

Most recently OSU is 50/50 against Texas and last time I looked I think we are ahead in National Champioships and Heisman trophies. But I coulod be wrong I did learn to read over seas so I could be mistaken. Texas is 2-1 versus Ohio State