PDA

View Full Version : Region II GotW: Celina (1-1) @ 2A #1 Daingerfield (2-0)

charlesrixey
09-05-2009, 11:21 AM
I almost picked Gilmer/LE for the third year in a row, but i think this one will be closer than that one (although LE is much improved)

Gilmer is rolling so far

Celina lost by 3 to TCA-Addison and has to go to Daingerfield this season. However, i still like the Bobcats' chances. Most will write them off after this week, but this loss can be deceptive-TCA is good.

LE Dad
09-05-2009, 12:32 PM
Think Celina is gonna have a long night. D'field destroyed Pewitt last night and with Celina still trying to find itself I don't think this will be pretty. This is football and anything can happen, so we will see. D'field 35 Celina 28.

garciap77
09-05-2009, 12:52 PM
Going with Celina!

icu812
09-05-2009, 12:59 PM
I'll take D'field. This game lost some of it's luster when Celina got beat.

Pretty good game between Reg.II and Reg.III going on in Palestine Friday Night when the Van Vandals roll into town.

charlesrixey
09-05-2009, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by icu812
I'll take D'field. This game lost some of it's luster when Celina got beat.

Pretty good game between Reg.II and Reg.III going on in Palestine Friday Night when the Van Vandals roll into town.
You probably know the answer to this, ICU--i've been trying to remember who gave the Vandals their one regular season loss last year.

BuckeyeNut
09-06-2009, 09:40 AM
D'field is looking very good, and at home they are near impossible to beat. The Bobcats are going to have a hard night.
35-14 Tigers

icu812
09-06-2009, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
You probably know the answer to this, ICU--i've been trying to remember who gave the Vandals their one regular season loss last year.

Longview Spring Hill. They could go 1-9 and their win would be against the Vandals.

Buckeye80
09-06-2009, 06:31 PM
Daingerfield looked pretty solid Friday after a fairly lackluster performance in Week 0 vs Atlanta. That offense is pretty impressive when its clicking and I think playing at home is gonna help them significantly.

Daingerfield 34
Celina 21

charlesrixey
09-06-2009, 07:16 PM
It's hard to say how much of last friday was Celina not being as good and TCA just having a really good team. They did return the majority of their starters (including an excellent running QB) from an 11-2 team which did quite well last year.

That being said, Daingerfield is very good themselves, but i doubt they are going to bring a bigger line than a 4-A upper-class TAPPS school. I think it will be close just like this one, but if our defense plays the way it did last friday, the Bobcats will struggle mightily. However, i think they will do alright :)

Cameron Crazy
09-06-2009, 07:51 PM
Celina is going to get destroyed.

Bullaholic
09-06-2009, 08:45 PM
They say a wounded Tiger(or Bobcat) is the most dangerous---Celina has been 'wounded' and I think their coaches will have them really up and prepared for this big game. I think Daingerfield is the better overall team, and if they play soundly and up to their potential, I think they win this one by 10 or so. If the right things happen for Celina--maybe a good break or two coupled with some traditional mistake-free Bobcat ball, I think they could win this one.

solocam
09-06-2009, 10:04 PM
Celina Rolls

mrgreenblood
09-07-2009, 12:40 AM
I think Celina rebounds this week in a hard fought game. Cats by 3.

BobcatBenny
09-07-2009, 02:09 AM
Ummmm ....

.... I'm gonna go with ...

Crowd waits with baited breath ... (a single snare rolls in the distance) ...

....... THE BOBCATS!!! :clap:

ssgmp5150
09-07-2009, 07:32 AM
Daingerfield wins and they could win big, perhaps one of Celina's worst losses in school history! Daingerfield 35 Celina 14!

BobcatBenny
09-07-2009, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by ssgmp5150
Daingerfield wins and they could win big, perhaps one of Celina's worst losses in school history! Daingerfield 35 Celina 14!
Well ... based on the polling figures, it does not look like that prediction is much of a stretch.

MN95
09-07-2009, 11:39 AM

Curious ssgmp5150, if you are correct and we lose by this score, where would that loss rank in our school history?

Aunt_Ester
09-07-2009, 11:56 AM
OH Yeah!! Gimme some more Bobcat steaks. Floured and deep fried!

D field will roll big.

MN95
09-07-2009, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Aunt_Ester
OH Yeah!! Gimme some more Bobcat steaks. Floured and deep fried!

D field will roll big.

Uh oh, cousin Eddie just pulled his RV into our driveway............

M-town lobo fan
09-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Celina owned 2A for many years.Now they are 3A.No different Celina by 10.No disrespect to Dangerfield but Celina is and always been a powerhouse.You have to bring your A game to beat any Celina team.Just because they have 1 loss doesn't mean you have to count them out & they gonna roll over for you.

navscanmaster
09-07-2009, 12:39 PM
I think Celina makes some improvements, but D-Field never trails in this one. DF 28 Celina 23.

gobbler grad
09-07-2009, 01:03 PM
Celina bounces back after last week's loss...wins in the end...24-21:thinking:

CelinaCatFan
09-07-2009, 01:06 PM
Last week's loss was certainly to a very good opponent. As a matter of fact, I don't think there are many 3A teams that could beat TCA. They are stout! The teams that come to mind (that could) are Gilmer and Carthage.

This week's game will be another challenge. To say Daingerfield is good would be an understatement. I know the poll shows the Tigers are favored heavily. However, one thing I learned a long time ago is to never count the Bobcats out of a fight.

The coaches will have the players focused and ready. The question is will their preparation carry over unto the field. We'll know by Friday night at about 10:30.

ssgmp5150
09-07-2009, 01:11 PM
Well....You tell me when was the last time a Celina Bobcat team lost to anyone by 21 points or more???? That would be why I am saying it could be one of the worst losses in their school history or shall I say recent history!

Originally posted by MN95
Curious ssgmp5150, if you are correct and we lose by this score, where would that loss rank in our school history?

MN95
09-07-2009, 01:43 PM
Well....You tell me when was the last time a Celina Bobcat team lost to anyone by 21 points or more???? That would be why I am saying it could be one of the worst losses in their school history or shall I say recent history!

I have no idea, but the point of my reply was, that neither do you. I think you may be oversensationalizing this game and what the result might be, just a little.

MN95
09-07-2009, 01:53 PM
Well....You tell me when was the last time a Celina Bobcat team lost to anyone by 21 points or more????

Actually I do know, Prosper last year?

waterboy
09-07-2009, 03:56 PM
Having played in Daingerfield on numerous occasions, I can tell you that is one TOUGH place to play. Call it "MOJO", or whatever, all I know is that Celina will definitely have their hands full. It would've probably been an easier win for the Tigers if Celina would've won Friday, but being as they didn't and are like a wounded Bobcat I think this game will be close. I look for this game to be close all the way to the end with the Tigers winning with the home 'MOJO" they are famous for. The Bobcats will be plenty motivated, but I don't think they'll overcome that "MOJO" in Daingerfield. The Tigers have speed to burn, and will win this one 36-27, in my humble opinion.;)

lulu
09-07-2009, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Having played in Daingerfield on numerous occasions, I can tell you that is one TOUGH place to play. Call it "MOJO", or whatever, all I know is that Celina will definitely have their hands full. It would've probably been an easier win for the Tigers if Celina would've won Friday, but being as they didn't and are like a wounded Bobcat I think this game will be close. I look for this game to be close all the way to the end with the Tigers winning with the home 'MOJO" they are famous for. The Bobcats will be plenty motivated, but I don't think they'll overcome that "MOJO" in Daingerfield. The Tigers have speed to burn, and will win this one 36-27, in my humble opinion.;)

:iagree:

lulu
09-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by M-town lobo fan
Celina owned 2A for many years.Now they are 3A.No different Celina by 10.No disrespect to Dangerfield but Celina is and always been a powerhouse.You have to bring your A game to beat any Celina team.Just because they have 1 loss doesn't mean you have to count them out & they gonna roll over for you.

I never count them out but you have to understand Dangerfield has as much history as Celina and have been a powerhouse from way back. I know people on here don't like to refer to years past but that speaks to the kind of attitude you are dealing with. Dangerfield comes to the playing field remembering greatness and with a hunger to have it again. So with both teams having this past experience it will make for an exciting game.

I just think with the speed Dangerfield has and a Coach that knows how to motivate and get every ounce of fight his players have.......The Tigers take this one.

Home fans are "IN IT"!!!!!!!!!

Nothing taken from Celina.

d0tc0m
09-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Well after a weekend without a computer, I can finally get on here and asses the TCA game. My first thought was, TCA is a VERY good team. If they don't win it all I will be VERY surprised. Granted the refs missed a handful of huge calls, TCA still played their butts off and took it to my bobcats. Their QB is a very good athlete and has immense speed. The thing about that that worries me is, D'field is going to have that same kind of speed, but spread out to about 4 or 5 people. I think the coaches will have to make adjustments and come out of their 10-1 comfort zone, maybe not the whole game, but at times. It never gets any easier to swallow a loss, but there is small comfort in the fact that it is early in the season, and a lot can be learned from it. If D'field lets their guard down, Celina will have a great shot at winning this game. Regardless, I believe it will be a good one, and I wish I could be there. Go Bobcats!

orange machine
09-07-2009, 07:53 PM
One thing that i like about this game is Celina is the underdog and not many people think they will win after last weeks burp.

lostaussie
09-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Well....You tell me when was the last time a Celina Bobcat team lost to anyone by 21 points or more???? That would be why I am saying it could be one of the worst losses in their school history or shall I say recent history! 2003 comes quickly to mind:D

lulu
09-07-2009, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by icu812
Longview Spring Hill. They could go 1-9 and their win would be against the Vandals.

Guess I missed the meaning here.????????????:rolleyes:

Aunt_Ester
09-07-2009, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
One thing that i like about this game is Celina is the underdog and not many people think they will win after last weeks burp.

oh. my. gosh............

Celina, Underdogs? Whatever you smoking. i want some. THey are just a bunch on boys with targets on they backs. I want to see them lose, every body want to see them lose. I love the fact that they are supposed to be so good every year. They time is coming. But they are always gonna be pushing it to the limit. D field better be on they best game. i still say...................................
Gimme some bobcat steak!!!

orange machine
09-07-2009, 11:41 PM
With that post i think you are the one smoking. Why dont you go out to the woods and snatch you up a varmint so ma can make yall some stew. Then when yall are done yall can sit around in your rocking chairs on the front porch and play your banjo's.

BuckeyeNut
09-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
With that post i think you are the one smoking. Why dont you go out to the woods and snatch you up a varmint so ma can make yall some stew. Then when yall are done yall can sit around in your rocking chairs on the front porch and play your banjo's.

Watch how you talk to us country folks there city boy

ctown
09-08-2009, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Black Flag
Watch how you talk to us country folks there city boy

Life in the big city of Celina--Yes, a stop light is a great amenity for those of us living in the big city. It actually turns green, yellow and red. Not as much fun as getting out of the wagon to fist fight for the right of way...

hollywood
09-08-2009, 01:14 PM
Celina bounces back.

SHSBulldog00
09-08-2009, 02:33 PM
Going with Daingerfield at home. Some Celina will be sent home. Not enough room in the visitor stands.

Some in Daingerfield are comparing this team to '83 but not as dominant.

BobcatBenny
09-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
Going with Daingerfield at home. Some Celina will be sent home. Not enough room in the visitor stands.

Some in Daingerfield are comparing this team to '83 but not as dominant.
Well ... we will find out Friday night. ;)

PPSTATEBOUND
09-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Daingerfield

Rk. Team W-L Pts Pvs.
1. Prosper (4) 2-0 40 2
2. Kennedale 2-0 34 3
3. Argyle 2-0 30 4
4. Pilot Point 2-0 28 5
5. Celina 1-1 27 1

LOL...:inlove:

Balcones fault
09-08-2009, 04:20 PM
I wonder who the last team was to beat Celina in consecutive years? Celina 36 Daingerfield 31

Daddy D 11
09-09-2009, 01:22 AM
Did Daingerfield lose some of those athletes they had last year? Didn't they have a few going DI? I know last year they had speed to burn, if they lost those guys...I'll take Celina in a close one, even though they too lost the two best RB's I've ever seen. They've still got Lavey, and that might be all you need.

BobcatBenny
09-09-2009, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Did Daingerfield lose some of those athletes they had last year? Didn't they have a few going DI? I know last year they had speed to burn, if they lost those guys...I'll take Celina in a close one, even though they too lost the two best RB's I've ever seen. They've still got Lavey, and that might be all you need.
I think Daingerfield lost a few on the O and D line, but they have some good looking athletes.

I do not think the Daingerfield passing game is going to beat Celina by itself. Unless of course the QBs passing game is spot on. But we have already seen a tough quick O-back baffle the Bobcat D ... and it looks to me like the Tigers have more than several tough quick O-backs. But Celina's D played well enough last season to beat Daingerfield ... especially in the second half.

The Celina O has faultered on more than a few drives already this season. Hopefully, the coaching staff has figured out how to prevent that in this game. Yet even last week Celina was one mistake free play away from another W.

So ... I think it is up to Celina's O to get rolling early and at least match the Tiger scoring in the first half. If the Bobcats can match Daingerfield scoring in the first half, then I feel like Celina comes out on top.

charlesrixey
09-09-2009, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by Balcones fault
I wonder who the last team was to beat Celina in consecutive years? Celina 36 Daingerfield 31

Sanger beat Celina 35-34 and 22-19 in '97 and '98

Italy beat Celina 17-0 and 28-20 in the playoffs in '96 and '97

d0tc0m
09-09-2009, 02:16 PM
I sure hope the coaches got the kinks worked out of that offense. Too many drives stalled out in the red zone, we're gonna have to score every time we get the ball down on d'fields side of the field. Cody needs to take charge of the offense and have a HUGE breakout game. On the other side of the ball, Lavey is going to have to bow his neck and knock some heads around this week, and if he does, the rest of the defense will follow suit. Gotta contain that east texas freak of nature speed, a tough challenge, but the Bobcats can do it!

WildTexan972
09-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Dangerfield is good....Celina is down a little...

but the truth is, this game for this year does not matter.....what matters to Celina this year is District champs and number 9 in '09....if those 2 things happen the rest is wasted energy....

that being said, I hope the Celina offense improves, which will help the defense....and I hope Celina wins in the land of the east texas mojo, as the gilmerite called it, but I doubt many here will lose much sleep over it - well....I reckon those going to the game will lose some sleep over the game win or lose since the drive home from the middle of nowhere will be quite a haul....I lived in east texas for a while and did not enjoy it much seein as I don't get much enjoyment from sittin on a porch doin nuthin....but the trees was pretty I suppose.....and they got some nice bermuda grass hay fields out there.....

BuckeyeNut
09-09-2009, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
Dangerfield is good....Celina is down a little...

but the truth is, this game for this year does not matter.....what matters to Celina this year is District champs and number 9 in '09....if those 2 things happen the rest is wasted energy....

that being said, I hope the Celina offense improves, which will help the defense....and I hope Celina wins in the land of the east texas mojo, as the gilmerite called it, but I doubt many here will lose much sleep over it - well....I reckon those going to the game will lose some sleep over the game win or lose since the drive home from the middle of nowhere will be quite a haul....I lived in east texas for a while and did not enjoy it much seein as I don't get much enjoyment from sittin on a porch doin nuthin....but the trees was pretty I suppose.....and they got some nice bermuda grass hay fields out there.....

sounds like your not to happy about playing some little 2a team in there small little place. Dont worry 259 will take you right back to 30 and that will take you right back to your big city life.

MN95
09-09-2009, 06:32 PM
Good grief, we lost ONE game to a pretty good team and we're "down a little". Just like last year huh?

Our offense is struggling? They had over 400 total yards last week and averaged more than 5 yards per carry, with lots of new pieces learning to play. Our offense did enough to win last week, the D not getting stops is what lost us the game. TCA never punted once!

I am not quite ready to throw in the towel yet.........

CHS_89
09-09-2009, 08:01 PM
Good grief, we lost ONE game to a pretty good team and we're "down a little". Just like last year huh?

Our offense is struggling? They had over 400 total yards last week and averaged more than 5 yards per carry, with lots of new pieces learning to play. Our offense did enough to win last week, the D not getting stops is what lost us the game. TCA never punted once!

Me neither MN. We have lots of work to do and the rest of the season to get it done. Daingerfield will be a great team as always. This will be a good test. Good luck to both teams!

BobcatBenny
09-09-2009, 08:45 PM
I understand what the thought process is ... about ... it is the season that matters.

However ... I hope the Bobcats are taking it one game at a time and treating each game as the biggest game of the season.

I would hate for the notion of "Losing is no Big Deal" to permiate the Bobcat attitude.

This is the Biggest Game of the Season. The only one that matters ... this week.

Win Bobcats!!! :clap:

lulu
09-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
I understand what the thought process is ... about ... it is the season that matters.

However ... I hope the Bobcats are taking it one game at a time and treating each game as the biggest game of the season.

I would hate for the notion of "Losing is no Big Deal" to permiate the Bobcat attitude.

This is the Biggest Game of the Season. The only one that matters ... this week.

Win Bobcats!!! :clap:

Benny...your positive attitude is contagious:)

Gsquared
09-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Uh oh, cousin Eddie just pulled his RV into our driveway............
Now thats funny!!!!!

d0tc0m
09-09-2009, 09:46 PM
I'm with Benny and MN95, one loss really isn't anything, especially this early in the season, it's just swallowing that loss that never gets easy. I'm hoping the coaches lit a fire under the boys this week and got them ready for friday. They'll be hungry to prove to everybody that they aren't overrated, and that they CAN play! Gotta pounce on the opportunities when they're presented, and the D has to make some stops! Go Bobcats!!

coachkiss
09-10-2009, 07:18 AM
My concern would be that we start taking games lightly with a "we'll turn it on for the playoffs" mentality. However, I've never seen a high school boy that liked losing.

Footballhudini
09-10-2009, 08:19 AM
dfield 2nd stringers will be in by late 2nd quarter. their starters should be well-rested for next week as they manhandle a depleted celina squad 58-13

BleedOrange
09-10-2009, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Footballhudini
dfield 2nd stringers will be in by late 2nd quarter. their starters should be well-rested for next week as they manhandle a depleted celina squad 58-13

Its marked down. Funny but marked down. I think this will be a very good game. The Celina defense will improve this week. I will go with the Bobcats (imagine that)!

WildTexan972
09-10-2009, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Black Flag
sounds like your not to happy about playing some little 2a team in there small little place. Dont worry 259 will take you right back to 30 and that will take you right back to your big city life.

no it does not sound like that at all....I could care less about THEIR small place....Celina's field is not exactly a large 3A venue so I have no opinion at all about THEIR field since I have never seen it....and since Celina played many 3As back when they were 2A and now play 4As as a 3A I do not mind at all playing a storied program like D'field either.....but it is a haul out there....simply a comment is all.....now go back to your there/their/they're studies....

big city life....now that is funny....1 stop light in town and a Sonic for fastfood and we are the big city.....we are not Gilmer so we ARE better, but we ain't a big city

WildTexan972
09-10-2009, 10:44 AM

nowhere did I imply any concept of throwing in the towel....and by Celina standards, the skill level on this team at this time is indeed a little down....how some of you thin skinned folks take offense at that is beyond me....

we did have the ball last, so if the offense had scored last we would have won, so not trying to pick, but apparently that was just not quite enough to win....like all Celina teams, they will improve as the year progresses, but stating the obvious fact that they ain't there yet is NOT treason as some would tend to believe.....

gatordaze
09-10-2009, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Footballhudini

Depleted? Are we missing alot of guys? I can think of 1 starter that will be back next week.

Do you mean depleted numbers? I believe that we have 140+ playing out of a potential 250 boys in the high school.

Do you mean depleted talent? I count 1 Freshman and 2 Sophomores on Varsity. A JV team that beat DField and almost everyone else last year with a QB that could start on most varsity teams in 3A. We have a Freshman team that returns all but 3 starters that hung 52 on Daingerfield last season and allowed 0.

We may lose to a talented Dfield team but it won't be because we are depleted!

PPSTATEBOUND
09-10-2009, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Depleted? Are we missing alot of guys? I can think of 1 starter that will be back next week.

Do you mean depleted numbers? I believe that we have 140+ playing out of a potential 250 boys in the high school.

Do you mean depleted talent? I count 1 Freshman and 2 Sophomores on Varsity. A JV team that beat DField and almost everyone else last year with a QB that could start on most varsity teams in 3A. We have a Freshman team that returns all but 3 starters that hung 52 on Daingerfield last season and allowed 0.

We may lose to a talented Dfield team but it won't be because we are depleted!

Hoodini....was right so easy to get some of the orange fellows in a uproar panty pulling mode....LOL.....:)

Daingerfield makes it 3 for 3 and hands the great Celina its second straight loss by a none 3A opponent.:eek:

d0tc0m
09-10-2009, 11:00 AM
One more day, and one group or another is gonna be full of that leathery crow meat.

gatordaze
09-10-2009, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
Hoodini....was right so easy to get some of the orange fellows in a uproar panty pulling mode....LOL.....:)

Daingerfield makes it 3 for 3 and hands the great Celina its second straight loss by a none 3A opponent.:eek:

Your team should have to be willing to actually play us to have an opinion. Should'nt you be trolling on 2Aweusetobegood.com

PPSTATEBOUND
09-10-2009, 11:17 AM
Your team should have to be willing to actually play us to have an opinion. Should'nt you be trolling on 2Aweusetobegood.com

Lame.:p

ctown
09-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Lame.:p

P-Please P-Pontificate p-prolifically about p-p--p-ilot ppp--p-p---point's wilingness to pp--pp-pppplay Celina. Whew, almost went Mel Tillis there PP.

BobcatBenny
09-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Hear Ye ... Hear Ye!

By proclamation of the Duke of Celina, BobcatBenny ....

Celina has lost enough games.
From now on ... Celina wins!!!

So ... it is spoken.
So ... it is written.
So ... it is gameplanned.
So ... it is practiced.

And ...

So ... it shall be done!!!

Bobcat Pride!

MN95
09-10-2009, 12:31 PM

I AGREE!!!!:D :D :D

lulu
09-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Gotta love Benny.:D

charlesrixey
09-10-2009, 07:50 PM
I agree in this case-PP needs to enjoy the fact that they aren't playing in 9-3A and 4-6 at the end of every year. :p

d0tc0m
09-11-2009, 01:28 AM
All this PP smack talk brings back memories of the good ole days. I wish you guys hadn't fallen off so much that everybody forgot about that rivalry.

PPSTATEBOUND
09-11-2009, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by lulu
Gotta love Benny.:D

:inlove:

PPSTATEBOUND
09-11-2009, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
I agree in this case-PP needs to enjoy the fact that they aren't playing in 9-3A and 4-6 at the end of every year. :p

Ridiculous Charles....Been there done it with no 4-6 finishes my old friend..matter a fact 32 consecutive winning seasons..can Celina say that?...anyhow 2A Daingerfield strokes the bad boys and makes it 3 straight.

BobcatBenny
09-11-2009, 11:06 AM
IMO ... not to rain on the parade ... pun intended

I think a third option needs to be added to this poll.

The Weather!

As of this morning ... I am changing my vote to that! :thinking: :hand:

d0tc0m
09-11-2009, 11:15 AM
Wow are they really predicting the weather to be that bad?

ronwx5x
09-11-2009, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by d0tc0m

60 - 70% chance for rain from 7 til 10 PM. Which team is the superior mudder?:doh:

WildTexan972
09-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Ridiculous Charles....Been there done it with no 4-6 finishes my old friend..matter a fact 32 consecutive winning seasons..can Celina say that?...anyhow 2A Daingerfield strokes the bad boys and makes it 3 straight.

so you want to do some "can you say that"s? well...ok

Celina is the winningest program in the state since 2000....can PP say that?

8 State titles....can PP say that?

PP ran away from playing Celina like a middle school girl with zits running from a mirror....does PP brag about that?

PP last beat Celina in 1998 in the mud....Celina is undefeated against PP in the new century....can PP say that?

4 straight trips to the finals.....can PP say that?

a consistent winning record is ok....but most of those years were just over .500 and if that is what PP has to brag about, well ok....but in Celina that just ain't enough.....we is better than that.....

BobcatBenny
09-11-2009, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by d0tc0m
We will see ... but as of right now Daingerfield has 70% chance of T-storms ... at game time.

And after standing around Fouts Field in Denton week 0, I personally think there is a decent chance neither team gets muddy.

This is not Pilot Point (Moore) vs. Celina (Ford). I doubt both teams will stubbornly wait for hell to freeze over.

44INAROW
09-11-2009, 11:29 AM
MDIBTYD............... OMG.. PLEASE:doh: Please let the game be played - if not, we're going to hear about if's and shoulda, coulda, woulda's for another 7 days :p

carryon :D

gobbler grad
09-11-2009, 11:38 AM
or they will just blame it on the rain...:thinking:

d0tc0m
09-11-2009, 11:46 AM
That mudfest of 2002 with PP was the last time they gave us a decent game, and it wouldn't have been a game had it been dry. I agree with them there gobblers, I don't wanna hear all the if ands and buts if this game doesn't get played. It'll be like sportscenter covering favre.

charlesrixey
09-11-2009, 12:16 PM

lol PPSB

:)

Celina has 41 winning seasons (6-5 or better) in the last 44 years, along with 8 titles in 10 appearances and 9 straight wins vs. PP

we will have to console ourselves with the fact that those 44 seasons include two 1-9's and a 5-5.

oh darn.

lol PPSB-you knew i couldn't let that one pass by

Besides, i was talking about if you were in 3A. I don't think PP would've beaten Celina, Prosper or Argyle last year, and PP did lose to Sanger 8-7 last year, when they went 11-2.

ctown
09-11-2009, 01:41 PM

studies show that 9 out of 10 Celina haters live vicariously through others beating Celina, not because they want to--because they have no other choice. :wave:

BobcatBenny
09-11-2009, 02:07 PM
I am figuring that at a minimum no one needs to rush to be at this game for a 7:30 kick-off.

95% chance of rain now with T-storms predicted at 7:00PM

Precip then looks like it drops off sharply soon after, so it looks like a late start Mud Bowl. IMO :)

BobcatBenny
09-11-2009, 02:33 PM
Latest report has the weather pushing off later.

GAME ON!!!

Poor Tigers. :eek:

d0tc0m
09-11-2009, 03:07 PM
Nice! I hope the weather stays away from ya'll down in east texas!! Everyone be safe going to the game!!

BobcatBenny
09-11-2009, 10:39 PM
Good Job Daingerfield!

Celina can't complain. Played well ... but you can't ... you know!

Rabbit'93
09-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Good Job Daingerfield!

Celina can't complain. Played well ... but you can't ... you know! ??? What?