PDA

View Full Version : LE takes loss

LE Dad
09-05-2009, 09:43 AM
Liberty Eylau went toe to toe with 4A Mt Pleasant for 3 Qtrs. LE was able to combine 259 yds on the ground with 34 in the air to counter MP 309 on the ground. MP controlled the clock in the 4th qtr in route to 2 scores. LE was able to alter the extra point and take possession of the ball at their own 35. LE drove down to the MP 27 but on 2nd down, with 13 seconds remaining, fumbled away its chance to put the game away. Final score MP 34 LE 28. LE had a 117 yd effort from Hollis Webster, along with 53 from Tra Carson. Mt Pleasants wishbone attack, and superior size will certainly help LE prepare for district. The Leopards never backed down and were in the game till the end.
Next week LE will go from day to night when it faces pass happy Gilmer at home.

Aesculus gilmus
09-05-2009, 10:01 AM
Interesting. Thanks for the report. Some of the Gilmer folks around me at the game the other night in Tyler were asking where your school was.

It's been so long since we have visited Harris Field that many don't know. We oldtimers from the old District 7-3A in the Seventies know all too well where your stadium is. Didn't have much luck there in those days, as I recall.

LE Dad
09-05-2009, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Interesting. Thanks for the report. Some of the Gilmer folks around me at the game the other night in Tyler were asking where your school was.

It's been so long since we have visited Harris Field that many don't know. We oldtimers from the old District 7-3A in the Seventies know all too well where your stadium is. Didn't have much luck there in those days, as I recall. There is construction on I 30 with lane closing and detours, big mess. Easier to go 155 to 59, as you start into town you will pass under Loop 151 (Jarvis Parkway). After you pass that the next Traffic signal is Leopard Dr ( sign for school and prison there) You take right and go to school, there will be security directing you to parking. I am hoping for a great game. It will come down to ya'll stopping our run and us stopping your pass. I think it will be back and forth all night.:D

lulu
09-05-2009, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Liberty Eylau went toe to toe with 4A Mt Pleasant for 3 Qtrs. LE was able to combine 259 yds on the ground with 34 in the air to counter MP 309 on the ground. MP controlled the clock in the 4th qtr in route to 2 scores. LE was able to alter the extra point and take possession of the ball at their own 35. LE drove down to the MP 27 but on 2nd down, with 13 seconds remaining, fumbled away its chance to put the game away. Final score MP 34 LE 28. LE had a 117 yd effort from Hollis Webster, along with 53 from Tra Carson. Mt Pleasants wishbone attack, and superior size will certainly help LE prepare for district. The Leopards never backed down and were in the game till the end.
Next week LE will go from day to night when it faces pass happy Gilmer at home.

Sorry abt. your loss LED. We ,,,,,I won't say "got beat" but we got out scored. 23 to 20 by a 2a team White oak. Talk about superior size...there offensive line if big and fast. We were ahead until the last 57 sec. of the game. We could not pass on their D. due to their quickness and size. It was huge rival game and very interesting to watch. considering we've won 15 out of the last 21 we can't feel too bad.

,,,,,,I'm not looking forward to the Gilmer match up. Hopefully you guys are bigger than we are. We are small in stature and small in numbers but the boys play with lots of heart.

But superior size is hard to over come. But believe me we will be trying.

Aesculus gilmus
09-05-2009, 10:47 AM
There is construction on I 30 with lane closing and detours, big mess. Easier to go 155 to 59, as you start into town you will pass under Loop 151 (Jarvis Parkway). After you pass that the next Traffic signal is Leopard Dr ( sign for school and prison there) You take right and go to school, there will be security directing you to parking. I am hoping for a great game. It will come down to ya'll stopping our run and us stopping your pass. I think it will be back and forth all night.:D

Thanks for the road construction update as well. I myself have never gone to Texarkana via 271 and I-30. It's quite a bit farther that way. It's only 75 miles via 155 and 59. It's a way more scenic drive as well.

LE Dad
09-05-2009, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the road construction update as well. I myself have never gone to Texarkana via 271 and I-30. It's quite a bit farther that way. It's only 75 miles via 155 and 59. It's a way more scenic drive as well. 155 is the way to go, but I know some people think the 271 route is better. I can't wait to see these 2 teams on the field.

LE Dad
09-05-2009, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by lulu
Sorry abt. your loss LED. We ,,,,,I won't say "got beat" but we got out scored. 23 to 20 by a 2a team White oak. Talk about superior size...there offensive line if big and fast. We were ahead until the last 57 sec. of the game. We could not pass on their D. due to their quickness and size. It was huge rival game and very interesting to watch. considering we've won 15 out of the last 21 we can't feel too bad.

,,,,,,I'm not looking forward to the Gilmer match up. Hopefully you guys are bigger than we are. We are small in stature and small in numbers but the boys play with lots of heart.

But superior size is hard to over come. But believe me we will be trying. :D We can present some problems for Gilmer. Good size on O line 2 big backs that can pound and 2 quick backs and very mobile QBs . Our defense is good but a little young. Gonna be a good game.:D

lulu
09-05-2009, 01:03 PM
:D We can present some problems for Gilmer. Good size on O line 2 big backs that can pound and 2 quick backs and very mobile QBs . Our defense is good but a little young. Gonna be a good game.:D

Hope you have a great game. But you know I have to bak the Bucks on this one. A sincere good luck though. I wish I could see it.
We will be at home next week with Brownsboro. Don't know much about them .I think they beat us last season but could not say that for sure.

LE Dad
09-05-2009, 01:25 PM
Gonna be good. We have Gilmer and Nashville Ar. Which runs same offense and plays same way Gilmer does. I expect huge crowds, playoff type crowds. Friday we brought good crowd to MP. Its gonna be a GREAT year, one of those years that you can just tell is special. I can see us being as bad as 2-3 going into district but I think we will roll in district and be playoff ready. All the big games should help us go deep and hopefully all the way.:clap:

Buckeye80
09-05-2009, 03:54 PM
Gonna be good. We have Gilmer and Nashville Ar. Which runs same offense and plays same way Gilmer does. I expect huge crowds, playoff type crowds. Friday we brought good crowd to MP. Its gonna be a GREAT year, one of those years that you can just tell is special. I can see us being as bad as 2-3 going into district but I think we will roll in district and be playoff ready. All the big games should help us go deep and hopefully all the way.:clap:

Gilmer/LE rematch in the D1 Final????:D

LE Dad
09-05-2009, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
Gilmer/LE rematch in the D1 Final????:D :clap: :clap: That would be GREAT!!

Buckeye80
09-05-2009, 05:26 PM
:clap: :clap: That would be GREAT!!

That's actually the way I called the D1 Final before the season started! After watching y'all play last night, I really like a Prosper/ LE Reg Final!

Assuming Chapel Hill misses the playoffs, we will try and take out the southern half of the state in D1. You guys handle the northern half. We'll meet y'all at Sam Parker in December! This next week will be the appetizer!!!:D

LE Dad
09-05-2009, 06:34 PM
That's actually the way I called the D1 Final before the season started! After watching y'all play last night, I really like a Prosper/ LE Reg Final!

Assuming Chapel Hill misses the playoffs, we will try and take out the southern half of the state in D1. You guys handle the northern half. We'll meet y'all at Sam Parker in December! This next week will be the appetizer!!!:D I hope it works out that way. I think that is what the UIL wanted to see. Beats us knocking each other off in the first round. I like both our chances, just as long as we stay healthy.

Aesculus gilmus
09-07-2009, 08:45 AM

Assuming Chapel Hill misses the playoffs, we will try and take out the southern half of the state in D1. You guys handle the northern half. We'll meet y'all at Sam Parker in December! This next week will be the appetizer!!!:D

I can guarantee you that there WILL NOT be a state title game played at Sam Parker Field. It's just not a big enough venue for that kind of thing.

I also now think Chapel Hill will make the playoffs over Spring Hill without any problem at all. So I predict Gilmer is going to go into Division II.

LE Dad
09-07-2009, 09:01 AM
I can guarantee you that there WILL NOT be a state title game played at Sam Parker Field. It's just not a big enough venue for that kind of thing.

I also now think Chapel Hill will make the playoffs over Spring Hill without any problem at all. So I predict Gilmer is going to go into Division II. Kids are gonna want to go to big stadium regardless. Still long road ahead. I can't wait for Friday to get here. This should be a good game.

Buckeye80
09-07-2009, 10:22 AM

Cmon man! It was just jokes!:D

Aesculus gilmus
09-07-2009, 01:08 PM
Cmon man! It was just jokes!:D

Sorry 'bout that. It wasn't intuitively obvious to me that you were joking.

I suppose the respective buses from the two schools could meet in Mount Pleasant to caravan together down I-30 to Jerry's new stadium. I have heard he IS going to allow Cowboys Stadium to be used for playoff games, IF you can afford what he's going to charge.

I may be wrong about that. Just what I heard.