PDA

View Full Version : Sealy Over Hempstead

Tiger Turtle
09-05-2009, 07:36 AM
Tiger spread offense clicks in 45 - 6 win at Hempstead.

957tiger
09-05-2009, 08:00 AM
The defense continues to get stronger and more cohesive with every game. Speed is a big factor. The D will need to address the screen ,as an agressive front rush resulted in more dropped passes than completions last night and that may not be the case in the weeks to come. Freshman Jowan Davis look confidant and scored early and often. Barrett looks better with every snap. The recievers with Rufus and Miller are a one-two knock out punch.
I noticed the deep snapper Miller was quick to get downfield and usually made initial contact with the reciever, the Tigers seldom punted, but when they did the big guy was in the mix. With two easy wins, the Tigers need a strong opponent to prepare them for a very tough district run. They will see the competition heat up with Rice and St. Pius on the September schedule. If the boys from Sealy continue to improve as they will ,and stay healthy we will see some outstanding football come district.

Johnny Utah
09-05-2009, 08:08 AM
Lets go TIGERS!!!! Lets go TIGERS!!!!!

tiger eye
09-05-2009, 08:45 AM
With out having Downey available we got to see the freshman Davis, and he stepped up to the occasion just fine. In fact very impressive runs behind some large gaping holes made by our "O" line. The offense this season appears to me much more balanced, and that will take some of the heat off of our running game. Both Rufus and Miller appeared open all night and made some impressive gains for the Tigers. Double coverage from the Bobcats was not the answer to slow down this spread offense this week. Tiger "D" seems determined to gain some respect with another scrappy effort. Our rush by the front four was impressive and the line backing core made some hard hits by Mitchell and Andre' Downey.
Go Tigers !!!

pirate4state
09-05-2009, 09:58 AM
:clap: :clap:

WTG Tigers!

:thumbsup:

Good job Cass & co

Pudlugger
09-05-2009, 10:08 AM
Sealy continues to roll. D25 is looking good this week. Hats off to the Tigers!:)

Johnny Utah
09-05-2009, 10:09 AM
Giddings 32 La Vernia 27.....interesting.

Tiger Turtle
09-05-2009, 02:30 PM
I haven't seen any stats so i was not aware that Downey was "unavailable". What's the problem? Is this a short-term issue or is he gone for a while?

957tiger
09-05-2009, 07:13 PM
Short term

beastyboyz
09-06-2009, 04:27 AM
Anyone know Wht happen to downey? Heard davis might be givin him a run for his money??? Any truth to this?